Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Post more about how you owned a crippled kid please

no don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm going to have to tip this thread if it keeps delivering

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Gas this thread and ban all regulars

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Cranberries really makes that video.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Here are some birds

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Sillybones posted:

On this, what are examples of engines that do 64-bit for everything and are performant? I can't imagine aiming for current gen fidelity while pushing all that extra data around.

Nothing/no one does 64bit for "everything" because you don't need it for everything.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

no_recall posted:

I've never worked on 64 bit engines before, only 32 bits (which is more than enough if you're being casually efficient).

As layman as I can get: Cryengine is a book with 32 words per page, now suddenly it becomes a book with 64 words per page. Once you do that, the formatting on the older pages run, or you get spaces that aren't supposed to be there, and the entire book reads like a children's school project. So every page will need to be scrutinized, reread, rewritten, reformatted.

So where Iffonic comes in is they have written this chapter with 32 words of text per page, and saying "Hey, we're done!". They try to merge it and everything doesn't work.

(I programmed an engine, I am asking because I am lazy. Sorry)

Just from my understanding it seems insane and pointless. But I wouldn't be surprised if it actually were already implemented in some engine for some reason.

Major Asshole
May 3, 2004
I knew it... im surrounded by assholes!
God this thread delivers. I cant wait until there is a terminally ill cancer patient posts naughty things and gets added to the "List".

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

joats posted:

Here are some birds

haha nice

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Major rear end in a top hat posted:

God this thread delivers. I cant wait until there is a terminally ill cancer patient posts naughty things and gets added to the "List".

Another noob slayed. Goon justice.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

that's him in the wheelchair

I laughed

Wafflz posted:

this will still be quoted 2 SC threads form now

I cried. Literally. I laughed over a minute at this and had tears and had to blow my nose, with aftershock chuckles. My belly hurts and I feel an afterglow.

Thanks friends

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

I laughed

I cried. Literally. I laughed over a minute at this and had tears and had to blow my nose, with aftershock chuckles. My belly hurts and I feel an afterglow.

Thanks friends

No. Thank YOU. Friend.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

You're wong it's Faye.

:iamafag:

:swoon:

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Raskolnikov posted:

Cantonese cranberries no less

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_32fIfqDBE

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Dusty Lens posted:

I don't know if Dr. Smart's father is still alive but if he is he should probably talk to the other kid's dad for him.

We are not fazed by words here.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

pftc posted:

Mr. Crip also broke copyright law by uploading a mirror of that DMCA'ed video

Shut the gently caress up you piece of poo poo

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Hi y'all, I've been a goon for a long time and am really impressed with what you've all done in this game forum. I post a lot and I think my skills would be of use. I also have a lot of free time and no life and really like videogames a lot. I don't have a job obviously as I am a goon but I hopefully can earn enough ingame currency reddit gold to be able to help the cause. I look forward to flying posting with you all. :)

-Decrepus

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

I laughed

Thanks friends

:10bux: thanks.

you know there are other threads on this internet site. check them out, make sure to introduce yourself in fyad.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

DuckDynasty posted:

Yeah, that's kinda creepy and compounded by the awkwardness of threatening a guy in a wheel chair. I think you need to "stay on target" Derek. This campaign against individual White Knights is kind of like your tiff with Randi/GG. It is just a distraction which lessens your credibility and doesn't bring us any closer to the goal of exposing the scam of Star Citizen and saving future backers from getting their money stolen.

Yeah, that's pretty hosed up to be honest.

Then again, it's not like this is surprising behaviour from a self-aggrandizing maniac stalker.

Also, people thinking any of the parties in this clusterfuck deserve any credibility by this point. :downswords:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Heh, this literal cripple who likes videogames just broke the Digital Millenium Copywrite act! Wait til the MPAA hears about this

*said in the most obnoxiously irritating voice imaginable while fingering my rear end in a top hat*

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 28, 2015

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

pftc posted:

It's loving sad this kid is doing this
https://archive.is/5WmYv

IT'S A MILLION TIMES SADDER THAT YOU'RE SCREENSHOTTING AND REPOSTING THIS

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

metamf posted:

What the point of these new articles that are repeating everything over and over again? There are balanced, overhyped or negative articles like 100s of them all over the internet. There is even accusing article. This is getting silly in my opinion. Can they talk about actual game for a second? Like gamersnexus.net does it? I think they're only ones.. Can they loving talk about gameplay, technical side of it... Did they even look at existing or upcoming mechanics or this is not interesting at all? Ofc it's not for them.. they need clicks and talk talk talk talk endlessly about marketing of CIG. I almost puke everytime I here about another dissective article about CIG's business model.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Tim Pawlenty posted:

theres nothing really to laugh at hes just an obnoxious teen (redundant) who loves the brand and will probably be playing arena commander 2.1 in 2019 still.

what, you don't find him spite purchasing jpegs to be laughable?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The new D_smart av is good and I take back whatever i said bad about people buying them.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sillybones posted:

(I programmed an engine, I am asking because I am lazy. Sorry)

Just from my understanding it seems insane and pointless. But I wouldn't be surprised if it actually were already implemented in some engine for some reason.

I tried to make a game and ended up failing miserably. Realized that I'm better off enjoying and playing them rather than making them.

Well, I think CR hired some very competent engineers to make sure the conversion happened effortlessly (reuse of assets, maps, scripts, various internal libraries). My guess is whatever Illfonic used to make Star Marine was too rigid (probably relying on their own libraries / code too much and not so much on SC's own libraries (if at all)) and caused this delay. And adversely SC was waiting for Illfonic's code to be implemented with their main trunk.

There should be a bunch of guys in crunch trying to convert the code Illfonic built to use the 64 bit functions of the new StarEngine (whatever its called).

CRs' dream is to build real world "actual spaces" and not trying to cheat his way in making a spacegame, its legit, I've to give him that.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Amethyst posted:

Heh, this literal cripple who likes videogames just broke the Digital Millenium Copywrite act! Wait til the MPAA heres about this

*said in the most obnoxiously irritating voice imaginable while fingering my rear end in a top hat*

Chillout Wheels

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Amethyst posted:

Heh, this literal cripple who likes videogames just broke the Digital Millenium Copywrite act! Wait til the MPAA heres about this

It's worse than that, he's broken the Digital Battlecruiser Millenium Copywrite act!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Cartmanboy posted:

no, all they can do is rambling and begging for clicks. Which I refuse to give them, unless my adblock is set to maximum stun.

Gaming online media sucks since at least 2009, and there are only very few exceptions.

Gamer Nexus, 100% excellent example - THAT is gaming journalism, not that mainstream crap. Gamer Nexus is so awesome in fact I give them money next month for being awesome. Never did that before, but I want, because quality.
Is there something special about the Gamers Nexus?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Refresher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVuMMf-jyQ

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Reddit really needs to stop reporting LoD. You're loving with his livelihood at that point and the Derek will find you.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Star Citizen Pretend

I sit at my keyboard
And wage war upon the verse
It seems like its all, it's all for nothing

I got the full upgrades
And I know the martyrs on the web page
I recognise the jpegs, i bought them all

This was my mistake
Let me charge them back
I blew the cash
But I won't be the one to keep it quiet

I've a deep understanding of the weakest shitposts
I maintain no blame substantiated
I demand an archive

You cannot prove I typed that
He doesn't look like Gary Oldman
I recognise the jpegs, i bought them all, I melted them myself

It's amazing what will drive us
Sunk cost sympathize
This was my mistake
Let me charge them back
I blew the cash
But I won't be the one to keep it quiet

Reach out for me
Hugbox me tight
Archive that memory
Let Dunning-Kruger talk for me
Let Dunning-Kruger talk for me

This was my space,and I was the Star Citizen Pretend
This was my life, oh god all that time
I spent my savings for three years and this is all that's left
It's time I found someone to blame for all my problems

It's amazing what will drive us
Sunk cost sympathise (empathise)
This was my mistake
Let me charge them back
I blew the scam
And I will be the one to keep it quiet

You fill in the punchline
Posting cats incessantly
You archive the punchline
I blew the scam
And I'm the only one
I will be the one to knock it down

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

jaegerx posted:

Reddit really needs to stop reporting LoD. You're loving with his livelihood at that point and the Derek will find you.

They always mention star citizen in their lod reviews.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

lol, lmaoing my rear end off to this ripoff of 4chan humor from 3 years ago. Goons are truly a cool group of badasses and definitely not terminally dull rejects who feel the need to stalk crippled kids for a semblance of cultural validation.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

spite jpegs are the make up sex of the verse

Welp, excuse to buy more jpegs. Why not?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mirificus posted:

Is there something special about the Gamers Nexus?

They probably post a lot of articles about how Tumblr is going to lead to the destruction of western civilization and the destruction of the white race and also no more big boobies in video games.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Amethyst posted:

lol, lmaoing my rear end off to this ripoff of 4chan humor from 3 years ago. Goons are truly a cool group of badasses and definitely not terminally dull rejects who feel the need to stalk crippled kids for a semblance of cultural validation.

You're a goon stupid.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

jaegerx posted:

Derek Smart: 4

Team Crippled Dick Wulf: 0

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Bought a bass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

pftc posted: