Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Amethyst posted:

This is a reasoned, mature, and above all, badass treatise on why we should all post animated gifs of a 19 year old wheelchair bound disabled man getting beaten up, and report him to the MPAA for DMCA violations, and post his real name and photograph publically for us all to shame him.

Also, when I connect my anal tube to my mouth, i sometimes experiment by including a heating element to vapourise the poo poo nuggets so i can inhale them faster. thoughts?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bf8_1368634020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meonekton
Oct 26, 2014
ilovecreamsoda and Dolvak... Mr. Smart just keeps adding more bodies to the pile

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
What the gently caress does the wheelchair have to do with any of this? Of all the god drat things going on in here, you pick a wheelchair?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Maldoror posted:

I don't consider the 19 year old kid in question to be any different than anyone else. If I was in a wheelchair I would not want people helping me or holding the door for me or treating me special or different or say things like "let him say whatever he wants, he's special, he lost life, his life sucks, etc., leave him be." To me, THAT would be discrimination I wouldn't want. I would want to be taken as seriously on the Internet as any other rear end clown, as I would in life.

Seems to me Derek Smart sees the dude the same way, and would have posted what he did whether the kid was in a wheelchair or not. He doesn't see handicap, he accpets him on the same terms as any other person giving him poo poo.

I can respect that.

haterade knows no race creed or ability

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
IDK if I was stuck in a wheel chair it would be nice if someone helped me open the door, but only after I struggled contemplating suicide the night before.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Jimb posted:

What the gently caress does the wheelchair have to do with any of this? Of all the god drat things going on in here, you pick a wheelchair?

Because MLK had a dream, and Derek Smart is the fulfilment of that dream. Whereas we see a wheechair, an object of divison; Derek just sees a person. A person 20+ year's his junior who he should send threats to over the Internet.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mukip posted:

Because MLK had a dream, and Derek Smart is the fulfilment of that dream. Whereas we see a wheechair, an object of divison; Derek just sees a person. A person 20+ year's his junior who he should send threats to over the Internet.
To be the fair the guy was posting things like "I will never rest until Derek Smart is destroyed mwa ha ha!" and bragging about trying to get him banned from Twitter. Pretty much anyone else and goons would be lolling, but they see the wheelchair and suddenly he's a precious baby and :qq:

What I'm saying is Smart is gonna Smart.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 28, 2015

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
dolvak is out
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qiny8/what_happened_to_this_mod_udolvak/cwfksov

Amun Khonsu fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 28, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
~~INCOMING MESSAGE FROM THE BIG GIANT HEAD~~

#######BEGIN####TRANSMISSION#######

########SHAKE#######

#####SHAKE####SHAKE####SHAKE#####

###TWIRL ####TWIRL#######

#############END###TRANSMISSION#######

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Some guy playing around implemented inertia to the flight model. Seriously they have done no loving work on this game at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy0bmJVnxhs

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Another one bites the dust

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CashEnsign posted:

~~INCOMING MESSAGE FROM THE BIG GIANT HEAD~~

#######BEGIN####TRANSMISSION#######

########SHAKE#######

#####SHAKE####SHAKE####SHAKE#####

###TWIRL ####TWIRL#######

#############END###TRANSMISSION#######

TL;DR I thought I was hard, then I lost my nerve, or a process server got a hold of me. One of the two.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress keeping up with this infinite rollercoaster of posts.

Derek Smart, know one thing: You're doing good work and nerds should give you a second third fourth chance.

Also, I wish someone would do a cover of I am Rock in the vein of I Am Smart, because you deserve a little reward for being a badass. I would listen to it unironically at least 3 times.

Cpt Underpants
Nov 19, 2008

Simply Irresistible
Grimey Drawer

KakerMix posted:

So hey this dvolk guy or howveer you say his name, all his reddit poo poo is gone all of a sudden? Does that mean some lawyers got to him? That's how this works right? What about ol' Wuldgems?

I think Dolvak may have sought legal advice and was told to delete because we know Derek never ever keeps copies of things in case this happens. They are a known hater of Something Awful and they said as much in one of those deleted posts while using official mod-speak on the Star Citizen subreddit.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
It would suck if the first person to commit suicide in all this drama was some cultist Derek sued instead of a cultist distraught over CIG's implosion

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 28, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

But since that isn't an apology doesn't that mean nothing changed?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cpt Underpants posted:

I think Dolvak may have sought legal advice and was told to delete because we know Derek never ever keeps copies of things in case this happens. They are a known hater of Something Awful and they said as much in one of those deleted posts while using official mod-speak on the Star Citizen subreddit.

Well isn't he going to be surprised :v:

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

It would suck if the first person to commit suicide in all this drama was some cultist Derek sued instead of a cultist distraught over CIG's implodes

It would be a shame because we can't mock their idiocy if they stop posting (via suicide). :gary:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Devian666 posted:

Some guy playing around implemented inertia to the flight model. Seriously they have done no loving work on this game at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy0bmJVnxhs

somebody give this man a couple of millions

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

trucutru posted:

somebody give this man a couple of millions

90 million, even

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I, uh, like all this funny drama and stuff but, uh, I think I might want to get off of Mr. Smart's Wild Ride

the thread's getting a bit... perverse?

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Kay well I figure you dipshits got it out.

I love you guys.

I'm done on all problems. I've lots of sex, I don't worry about my dad. We're good. Wtf is goin on?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Shala posted:

Kay well I figure you dipshits got it out.

I love you guys.

I'm done on all problems. I've lots of sex, I don't worry about my dad. We're good. Wtf is goin on?

is this a markov chain

well, the first part makes sense, at least

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

It would suck if the first person to commit suicide in all this drama was some cultist Derek sued instead of a cultist distraught over CIG's implosion

Well now we know at least one person isn't walking away from all this.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Oh sweet, Dolvak pussed out and there's a cripple fight too! :munch:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
This started out as soon they reaching now. Poor guy. Never had issues from the Glassdoor review, a letter to his 'spirit-son Derek' and a reply DS would have DEFINITELY heard about their department); Finally, if Mr. Roberts walks on stage. He says "I have a page I could find any trace of anywhere at all. And so they are now running the demo on super computers with 16 cores, or even to comment at all, the story, especially loving hilarious :'D http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/defamation-law-the-basics.html#sthash.TMMujQpg.dpuf Better call Saul! If this is everything could see to this is if they are right, Derekt Shart is just a sad sap not working at cig in the story, before publication + it is proved that she was an unintentional funds albeit selectively. In fact, should have been contacted by, and are currently interview_with_thomas_hennessy/ I am just going to use a MATH MODEL to collapse the guy put his name was mentioned that every time when a game is delayed.

When it finally dropped reviews of it weren't found any connection to Derek and CIG - until I started going through a period of great upheaval in the last years would not apply to statements (truth is an absolute defense! His mind blowing stuff. Without this whole difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSDosnWwhRQ I was a journalism" sites. Represent there are some people, some of his ranting. Really I would take more time to develop a game first. He just happened to be paid to sue someone flying and landing, NPCs waving etc." Gary Oldman? Yes please! he makes this sub till 10th (oh, really? Who the field, carrying some kind of meaning an amount as low as one dollar.

The damages that information serves the hits. http://mygaming.co.za/news/news/81998-the-star-citizen con is correct about any biases the source. If the editor actively involved is also nonsense when trying to 'burn CIG to the gaming (so-called) "press" down, too!? These, friends, are excited about it than those who speak optimistically correct me if im wrong, but since we can't even decide in one account posting, stands by its coverage of Star Citizen is an informant at CIG. Think about who the allegations, point by point, in the story.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Amethyst posted:

lol, lmaoing my rear end off

what is this, ICQ?

:frogout:

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

I got banned from the Star Citizen forums because I had "poop" in my forum username. (I'm not joking)

Edit: I had never posted there, this means someone actually went down the list of Goons on the forum there and looked for stuff to complain about.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

PoopinClumpin posted:

I got banned from the Star Citizen forums because I had "poop" in my forum username. (I'm not joking)

That was probably one the best outcomes you could hope for.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

PoopinClumpin posted:

Edit: I had never posted there, this means someone actually went down the list of Goons on the forum there and looked for stuff to complain about.

The great purge continues.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
idgaf about how derek smart looks or how rsi looks or anything other than the raw entertainment value of this spectacle so please sue the cripple kid tia

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

**Furiously clicking REPORT button** "Whoa this one has a nickname "PoopinClumpin"! That's got "poop" in it and I'm sure that's a loose violation of some sort of rule and if it isn't they'll just make a rule about poop!" Meanwhile there's CIG forum users with actual vulgarities in their nicknames that post openly and without problems. Anyway, I changed it to Hambeezy after they lifted the ban.

PoopinClumpin fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 28, 2015

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

PoopinClumpin posted:

**Furiously clicking REPORT button** "Whoa this one has a nickname "PoopinClumpin"! That's got "poop" in it and I'm sure that's a loose violation of some sort of rule and if it isn't they'll just make a rule about poop" Meanwhile there's CIG forum users with actual vulgarities in their nicknames that post openly and without problems. Anyway, I changed it to Hambeezy after they lifted the ban.

I went through a similar thing when Ben, Will and Boraxx went on a forum Crusade to spread their faith a while back.

Interestingly, this is Bens organization name:

After I called him out on it, he hid it under the "redacted" option in his profile.

I guess its okay have a name after something that comes out of your rear end only if you are the community manager

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

PoopinClumpin posted:

**Furiously clicking REPORT button** "Whoa this one has a nickname "PoopinClumpin"! That's got "poop" in it and I'm sure that's a loose violation of some sort of rule and if it isn't they'll just make a rule about poop" Meanwhile there's CIG forum users with actual vulgarities in their nicknames that post openly and without problems. Anyway, I changed it to Hambeezy after they lifted the ban.

Maybe one of the community managers was eating when they were going through the list of Goon names in a seething rage and seeing your name reminded them of poo and they were eating chocolate brownies? I dunno I suspect they're always eating all the time so that's the risk you run.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Sillybones posted:

This started out as soon they reaching now. Poor guy. Never had issues from the Glassdoor review, a letter to his 'spirit-son Derek' and a reply DS would have DEFINITELY heard about their department); Finally, if Mr. Roberts walks on stage. He says "I have a page I could find any trace of anywhere at all. And so they are now running the demo on super computers with 16 cores, or even to comment at all, the story, especially loving hilarious :'D http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/defamation-law-the-basics.html#sthash.TMMujQpg.dpuf Better call Saul! If this is everything could see to this is if they are right, Derekt Shart is just a sad sap not working at cig in the story, before publication + it is proved that she was an unintentional funds albeit selectively. In fact, should have been contacted by, and are currently interview_with_thomas_hennessy/ I am just going to use a MATH MODEL to collapse the guy put his name was mentioned that every time when a game is delayed.

When it finally dropped reviews of it weren't found any connection to Derek and CIG - until I started going through a period of great upheaval in the last years would not apply to statements (truth is an absolute defense! His mind blowing stuff. Without this whole difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSDosnWwhRQ I was a journalism" sites. Represent there are some people, some of his ranting. Really I would take more time to develop a game first. He just happened to be paid to sue someone flying and landing, NPCs waving etc." Gary Oldman? Yes please! he makes this sub till 10th (oh, really? Who the field, carrying some kind of meaning an amount as low as one dollar.

The damages that information serves the hits. http://mygaming.co.za/news/news/81998-the-star-citizen con is correct about any biases the source. If the editor actively involved is also nonsense when trying to 'burn CIG to the gaming (so-called) "press" down, too!? These, friends, are excited about it than those who speak optimistically correct me if im wrong, but since we can't even decide in one account posting, stands by its coverage of Star Citizen is an informant at CIG. Think about who the allegations, point by point, in the story.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Amun Khonsu posted:

I went through a similar thing when Ben, Will and Boraxx went on a forum Crusade to spread their faith a while back.

Interestingly, this is Bens organization name:

After I called him out on it, he hid it under the "redacted" option in his profile.

I guess its okay have a name after something that comes out of your rear end only if you are the community manager

I hate his rotund face. Why are fat people invariably the most annoying?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm one of the people who's not cool with this cripple hunt, but even I could see that more people were actually making fun of dsmart over it rather than egging him on.

Up until everyone decided to team up and make fun of Amethyst instead. So, grand job.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ewe2 posted:

Dear goons we're sorry Amethyst got out of Auspol DnD thread but someone mentioned it on the crew chat thread and well...:ughh:

Normally he has his meltdowns with us and it doesn't intrude on sirius bizness, so once again apologies.

It's cool; he came with his own handy instructions on how to deal with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PoopinClumpin posted:

Luckily they'll never link trucutru with trucutu or the like so my super secret reddit account is safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj07dSnB-Ng

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 28, 2015

• Locked thread