Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

EminusSleepus posted:

if you are doxxing a doxxer, does that make you a doxxer doxxer? or a doxxerer?

Doxer hound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Amun Khonsu posted:

Doxer hound

doxshund

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Trouble at Mill

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Did somebody say this yet?

poo poo just got wheel.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Who doxxes the doxxmen?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

joats posted:

poo poo just got wheel.

:vince: :gary:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

joats posted:

poo poo just got wheel.

No, so I'm glad you did.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
popcorn ppl

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qk4hp/sorry_to_disturb_your_peace_derek_smart_just/

EDIT: someone beat me to it ^^ lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The number of people in that thread who just can't believe that Derek Smart would do something as hosed up as doxxing someone who religiously posts on their hate sub dedicated to poo poo talking and stalking him loving owns.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

I can't find the post he screencapped, even went back through this thread and tried to find the timestamp, I may have missed it though.

In any case, I don't think they understand the definition of doxxing.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Next livestream DS does he should do it from a wheelchair so these guys tear themselves in half trying to work out who to hate.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

joats posted:

Me, when Derek started threatening handicapped internet sperglords

poor kid cant even escape reality in game

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

I can't find the post he screencapped, even went back through this thread and tried to find the timestamp, I may have missed it though.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Kimsemus posted:

In any case, I don't think they understand the definition of doxxing.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=164480&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post451999402

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Court appeals on wheels.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Uh, thanks. :confuoot:

I was hoping for a direct link though so I could click the links in his post.

//edit

NM someone linked it.

Nothing he posted couldn't be find through just clicking on the person in question's social media feed. Hardly doxxing when the information is publicly available via google.

SC spergs are at it again.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fish Fry Andy posted:

The number of people in that thread who just can't believe that Derek Smart would do something as hosed up as doxxing someone who religiously posts on their hate sub dedicated to poo poo talking and stalking him loving owns.
Seriously, stop cyberbullying the guys who try to cyberbully you Derek, you big loving meanie.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfgHVSvxZUA

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

Uh, thanks. :confuoot:

I was hoping for a direct link though so I could click the links in his post.

Just found it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=67&perpage=40#post451999402

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"Oh good, got a little free time at work, time to check the Star Citizen thread for my daily dose of hilarity!"

... Derek Smart ...

... SWATting? ...

... Wheelchair ...

... Doxxing ...

"I think... I think I need to go take a shower. I feel gross."

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I didn't know you COULD doxx cartoon characters.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
My prediction for this episode from the SC subreddit:

None of them will realize DS didn't actually doxx anyone. They will flip poo poo over it, threaten legal action, try to doxx DS, rally behind internet warlord because being handicapped gives him a free pass in their mind (social justice indeed).

DS meanwhile will keep working on his blog, because he didn't actually dig up anything google couldn't dig up for him.

reddit will sperg anyway, their sense of social equality inflamed because they perceive DS is breaking the bushido internet white knight code in the worst way by going after women and handicapped people who do dumb poo poo online.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 28, 2015

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When keeping it wheel goes wrong.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Paladinus posted:

Is there a button on reddit to remove all your posts, or did he have to delete them one by one?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoodbyeWorld It's also better to overwrite posts if you're looking to avoid the legal ramifications of them as deleted posts are still archived on Reddit servers apparently.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Fish Fry Andy posted:

tooterfish posted:

Seriously, stop cyberbullying the guys who try to cyberbully you Derek, you big loving meanie.

It's not funny to defend this even ironically.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

:frogout:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Sarsapariller posted:

Defend what ironically? Putting someone's handle into Google? :jerkbag:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Wafflz posted:

When keeping it wheel goes wrong.

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

https://twitter.com/NitroTypat/status/658700936626446336

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
Doxxd!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

Defend what ironically? Putting someone's handle into Google? :jerkbag:

I dunno man, gathering up all that information to use for legal purposes is one thing (after all, it is all easily found on the internet without doing any real digging) but the fact that when he does put together 'dossiers' on people who poo poo on him online he comes here to share it all with the pretty obvious intent of saying "Look at this loving guy. Hey loving guy, I know where you live" makes it all seem really loving gross.

I can get behind a lot of Smart's hilarious antics, but not this.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I imagine the guy in question isn't a fan of everyone saying "oh poo poo he's disabled we'd better get the kid gloves out and treat him like a delicate flower!" either tbh.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

I imagine the guy in question isn't a fan of everyone saying "oh poo poo he's disabled we'd better get the kid gloves out and treat him like a delicate flower!" either tbh.

Sadly, the cultists are going to create a hell of a lot more problem for the kid by advertising this to the world.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, I'm going to post a random picture I've found by searching for a space ship wheelchair. And I kind of feel bad about posting it. Please let me know what you think. I will definitely remove it if it's in poor taste.

E: Apparently this image was posted on Star Citizen forums, so I am compelled to remove it just in case. I hope this child gets more care from their parents than they give to imaginary ships.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 28, 2015

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
All this stuff is p funny but in the end, some kid is just hating on derek smart on the internet and while he seems obsessed, he's not doing anything wrong. I think calling his parents because of his tweets is funny, but overall, its pretty pathetic for Derek to get this upset over some one kid's opinions.

Derek's losing sight of why people are talking about him in 2015 and he's just back on his old-fashioned flame-war style of posting. so when he goes after a kid in a wheelchair, the revelation that Derek is just up his own butt right now is made more easily clear.

Get back to hating on the money, derek, not some kid who thinks SC is great and LoD is dumb.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qkd9y/i_posted_this_before_and_people_called_me_crazy/

We have achieved liftoff friends!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I dunno man, gathering up all that information to use for legal purposes is one thing (after all, it is all easily found on the internet without doing any real digging) but the fact that when he does put together 'dossiers' on people who poo poo on him online he comes here to share it all with the pretty obvious intent of saying "Look at this loving guy. Hey loving guy, I know where you live" makes it all seem really loving gross.

I can get behind a lot of Smart's hilarious antics, but not this.

:frogout:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Still :allears: on why not? The internet is the wild wild web, and we have a hilarious war on our collective internet television.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Yea...not supporting what d. smart did but I was under the impression it took more to doxx than just type someone's handle into google and read through the results on the first page.

Also, if you're going to talk poo poo on twitter, have different usernames for your twitter account and dating profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
"here is a picture of a handicapped retard in a wheelchair-spaceship, please let me know what you think"

I can't breathe.

• Locked thread