Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

Still :allears: on why not? The internet is the wild wild web, and we have a hilarious war on our collective internet television.

I'm the mechanical spider that was supposed to be used in Spiderman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
2015 Star Citizen regs aren't down with the Derek Smizzle. Thanks for the :10bux: anyway.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

gently caress's sake guys. It is not okay to post a child's actual personal information online to incite bullying. No, it does not matter if they started it. No, it does not matter if the dumb little bastard made it easily available. Whether or not they are crippled is irrelevant. They are a child. Are you a child?

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

Thread has been removed from /r/starcitizen

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

gently caress's sake guys. It is not okay to post a child's actual personal information online to incite bullying. No, it does not matter if they started it. No, it does not matter if the dumb little bastard made it easily available. Whether or not they are crippled is irrelevant. They are a child. Are you a child?

Um.. He's a legal adult actually. Try again.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Sarsapariller posted:

He's not a child. Since when is 19 a child?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGpV6D_8rIo

Unironically this. Crippey boy.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I can get behind a lot of Smart's hilarious antics, but not this.

You new posters who only joined for the Star Citizen thread, you aren't fighting a war and posting here doesn't mean poo poo, even if you thought you were being a rebel. You're unhappy with the development of a computer game and joined a forum to talk about it, we're laughing at stupid poo poo in a place that values humour.

If you're like "oh I can't laugh at that, that's too far" you've only going to make the thread move the other direction to annoy the poo poo out of you and you'll deserve it.

Derek shouldn't have posted that stuff here and the idiot man in a wheelchair shouldn't have been twitter storming Derek months after being blocked and joking about SWAT'ing him. You don't need to pick the good side involved here, both sides being stupid is absolutely fine.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
honestly bringing people's IRL stuff in not acceptable on either side in my opinion

i just find it really hard to find it funny about this kid, just like I can read these people harassing Derek and I don't find that funny

im here for star citizen drama

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wafflz posted:

When keeping it wheel goes wrong.

TIMMAY

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i really respect what Derek has done as far as CIG and getting people refunds though, that is honestly a really good thing however you look at it IMO

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

honestly bringing people's IRL stuff in not acceptable on either side in my opinion

i just find it really hard to find it funny about this kid, just like I can read these people harassing Derek and I don't find that funny

Crippey boy

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Wasn't the "kid" 19? I didn't go look at any information because that would be weird. 19 makes you an Adult by US law. We can slapfight over cognitive maxima being in the mid 20s or whatever, but come on. The guy actively threw thermite at a blazing fire and *gasp* guess what happened?

We're not justifying it, just pointing out that the whole idea of a successful SE getting this upset over a few comments is pretty funny, and that he kind of had it coming given the recent history with DSmart slandering and outcomes.

Also.. welcome to SA...? :greenangel:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Okay, I'm going to post a random picture I've found by searching for a space ship wheelchair. And I kind of feel bad about posting it. Please let me know what you think. I will definitely remove it if it's in poor taste.

E: Apparently this image was posted on Star Citizen forums, so I am compelled to remove it just in case. I hope this child gets more care from their parents than they give to imaginary ships.

Isn't that supposed to be one of the jpegs from star citizen?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

xanif posted:

The government thinks that 19 years old is not old enough to make mature and responsible decisions. The internet proves this. TBH I think that around 26 is when people stop acting like kids, can form an argument, and have interesting topics of discussion.

So yeah, when you have only lived a quarter of your life, 19 years old is still a kid.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, it's no longer funny to me. I am sad about everything.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Skoll posted:

Um.. He's a legal adult actually. Try again.

xanif posted:

Oh I thought from the photo in the newspaper article that he was like 14. Disregard my posts I am an idiot

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Okay, it's no longer funny to me. I am sad about everything.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Regardless of whether or not this kid is a kid or whatever, it seems pretty clear that Derek needs to calm his litigation boner before he points it in an even stupider direction.

There's a mental image for you fuckers. Enjoy.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Regardless of whether or not this kid is a kid or whatever, it seems pretty clear that Derek needs to calm his litigation boner before he points it in an even stupider direction.

OBONERJECTION!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

both sides being stupid is absolutely fine.

Not only fine but the best thing about it all.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

It's not funny to defend this even ironically.
I'm not even defending it ironically.

There's apparently now multiple subreddits dedicated to personally attacking and harassing Derek Smart because he dared to criticise a loving videogame. I had a little think about that, and found I couldn't really get too outraged about any of this.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Archive this, reddit!

Leonard J Crabs recommends that if you experience a litigation boner for over 4 hours to seek some sort of attention immediately.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Serious question: How much money do you think Lowtax has made off of people's :10bux: to access this site and all the avatar changes?

This is probably the most profitable thread on SA right now.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

joats posted:

The government thinks that 19 years old is not old enough to make mature and responsible decisions. The internet proves this. TBH I think that around 26 is when people stop acting like kids, can form an argument, and have interesting topics of discussion.

So yeah, when you have only lived a quarter of your life, 19 years old is still a kid.

stop trying to redefine what the definition of adult is just so you can feel outraged and being born with a poo poo card doesn't give you a free pass for being a poo poo on reddit or whatever

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Agrajag posted:

stop trying to redefine what the definition of adult is just so you can feel outraged.

:agreed:

Plenty of reasons to find this unsettling without manufacturing more.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
D_smart got me my 250 bucks back. Thanks, Derek. I still have most of it, though I've wasted some of it on other space games but I figure that's fair.

Also internet detective poo poo is gross. please don't do that.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Guys, what if the kid is just bait to lure Seraph back for another round of laughs????

Since we know 14 year olds are like his catnip

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Lowtax has probably made as much off Star Citizen as Derek Smart has spent against it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a literal child please don't sue me. Yes, I'm 30, what does that have to do with anything?

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

He is not a child. He is 19, legally an adult. Given his handicap Derek gave him a chance by telling him to stop before he contacted his father, who he lives with.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

joats posted:

FireWhizzle posted:

19 makes you an Adult by US law. We can slapfight over cognitive maxima being in the mid 20s or whatever, but come on. The guy actively threw thermite at a blazing fire and *gasp* guess what happened?

Nope, 19 = adult in the US. It's one's personal responsibility to realize and own this. I know accountability is a triggering and awful word.

I for one exercise my knowledge of adulthood to make airplane noises with star wars space ships while on work calls with my mic muted. Also I don't initiate a slander campaign of a public figure on my twitter when I'm trying to build rapport to go to college. ~~

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Serious question: How much money do you think Lowtax has made off of people's :10bux: to access this site and all the avatar changes?

This is probably the most profitable thread on SA right now.

If he'd put the paywall on it it would make a whole lot more.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sarsapariller posted:

It's not funny to defend this even ironically.

Hmmmm.

pftc posted:

I ran his twitter through a social media boopity booper.

Tweeted at Derek Smart 93 times since September 1st 2015.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3nn3g5/drama_megathread/cw883hc

So this guy, for months on end, has been harassing Derek Smart and sees himself as being in a personal war of survival that has not only transcended internet spaceships, but now is now on a personal level. He knows that Derek Smart enjoys posting people's personal information online. He's using the same handle for the Derek Smart poo poo talk for his OK Cupid profile. He's 19.

Also, he said that he hopes that somebody SWAT's Derek Smart.

https://archive.is/h9BMi

So yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that calling his parents and telling them that their kid needs a talk about doing insanely dumb poo poo under the guise of online anonymity is actually a good idea.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 28, 2015

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

xanif posted:

woah there hoss, slow down with the doxxing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Sarsapariller posted:

Oh I thought from the photo in the newspaper article that he was like 14. Disregard my posts I am an idiot

actually, he is a robot and ageless thanks to the blessings of the machine god

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

So wait Derek is just threatening to tell a 19 year old's parents that he's being an rear end in a top hat about a video game?

Are you kidding me - this is what all this drama is about?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Point of medical fact: Duchenne's, ALS, and Becker's have a natural history that precludes a normal average lifespan. For those that want to adjust their denominators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Space court is in session

• Locked thread