Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Wheelchair kid barely got away:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

oh right, thought I'd quoted the other idiot, my bad.

That's alright, everybody fucks up now and then.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Chalks posted:

So wait Derek is just threatening to tell a 19 year old's parents that he's being an rear end in a top hat about a video game?

Are you kidding me - this is what all this drama is about?

HE'S IN A WHEELCHAIR YOU GOD DAMNED SON OF A BITCH

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Skoll posted:

Isn't that the dude they made write that horrible loving essay to join GSF?

edit: found it

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1BwSgFFPVi7KMo48e9j908t87zJCQfunJ1hbH2RlL18Y&pli=1

Jesus christ, I've been in Goonwaffe twice, you just go an apply and they let you in. It's not rocket science.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aramoro posted:

Jesus christ, I've been in Goonwaffe twice, you just go an apply and they let you in. It's not rocket science.

Prencleeve (Just found his most recent thread on the EVE goon boards) seems to think he's the gentleman spy to end all spies or some poo poo.
I guess he's trying to just limbo under that ridiculously low bar.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Xaerael posted:

I'm really poo poo at playing after being unable to for like 6 years, and my fingertips are going back through that wonderful searing pain stage :ssh:

It's nice to see ex citizens put their pledges to good use.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Strategic Tea posted:

Dunno, some of the Christ-Roberts-suceptible types seem to have accepted him as a new lord and saviour.

Yeah, go on Derek! Smack that crippled kid! Ruin his life hahaha kidding honest

Look, I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but since he started his internet warpath I don't think anyone here hasn't (in the back of their minds) been ready to turn on a dime if Derek ever goes too loving far. Just notice how many goons called him out as 'creepy' or 'not cool' the moment he made that post about the crippled 'kid'. Personally, though, I have to say that not encouraging Derek towards this, because I know I'd rather see him focus on CIG rather than their white knights (but still knowing he's probably gonna waste unnecessary time with it anyway), pretty much absolves a person of any particular guilt while allowing me, in particular, to blast this track for maximum absurdity and laugh my rear end off, everytime I read this thread.

In part, because if this was legally a kid that we were talking about, I might be a bit more lenient (and TBH even though he's 19, I'd still rather have Derek focus on CIG more). But ultimately the fact that all of this is still just an internet slapfight as well as this...

Truga posted:

I'm a literal child please don't sue me. Yes, I'm 30, what does that have to do with anything?

...makes me moreso predisposed to just :munch:, sit back and enjoy the madness upto the point where it, of course, stops being funny.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 28, 2015

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

joats posted:

The government thinks that 19 years old is not old enough to make mature and responsible decisions. The internet proves this. TBH I think that around 26 is when people stop acting like kids, can form an argument, and have interesting topics of discussion.

So yeah, when you have only lived a quarter of your life, 19 years old is still a kid.

This is a bad post, and you are bad. You should rethink your posting. Also, who gives a gently caress what YOU or science think when it comes to final maturation of cognitive functions, all that matters is how the law perceives someone.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

mcjomar posted:

Prencleeve (Just found his most recent thread on the EVE goon boards) seems to think he's the gentleman spy to end all spies or some poo poo.
I guess he's trying to just limbo under that ridiculously low bar.

Wasn't there an SC toolbag in here like a week ago claiming to be a master spy? It's the long con....

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 28, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Shut up.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

Wasn't there and SC toolbag in here like a week ago claiming to be a master spy? It's the long con....

I'm almost positive that's not ole preen.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

I'm almost positive that's not ole preen.

A man can dream though, a man can dream...

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
I'm still perplexed as to why Gary Oldman was chosen for the part of Admiral Fuckstick in the campaign.

Wouldn't Bill Pullman be the far superior choice?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

WebDO posted:

Point of medical fact: Duchenne's, ALS, and Becker's have a natural history that precludes a normal average lifespan. For those that want to adjust their denominators.

You have no idea what he has. It easily could have been from trauma, and he will live an entirely long life. It could have been some sort of congenital condition with the development of his cord in the lumbrosacral plexus. Who knows why he is in a wheel chair.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

A man can dream though, a man can dream...

In the end it's a common thing people on the internet use: "I'm the gentleman spy and am puppetmastering you all." "I'm the IRL teacher and am schooling you all." "I'm a Bitcoin Millionare and I poo poo on you wageslave plebescrubs with my posts." "I'm Chuck Norris IRL and I will come over your house and gently caress you up." Lots of different types of people use this poo poo at one point or another.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Maldoror posted:

HE'S IN A WHEELCHAIR YOU GOD DAMNED SON OF A BITCH

I imagine this won't be news to his parents

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Truga posted:

It's nice to see ex citizens put their pledges to good use.

I skipped the whole being a citizen thing and put my money into something real.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

kordansk posted:

The internet is not some place where you can sit around and talk poo poo and never expect repercussions especially if you try and screw with someone's financials and threaten their wellbeing.

Come on, what do you think this thread has been doing for months? We've made plenty of things as dumb as, say, Kate Russell's bad video that got lawyer'd. I'm all for seeing neckbeards get a slap, but don't act like this doesn't boil down to which side is more willing to waste their lawyers' time.

E: I mean yeah some of the brown sea's stuff deserves a legal kicking. But a bigger portion by far is trivial bullshit with no hope of slandering Smart's reputation any more than he does himself every time he goes on a 'burn them to the ground' rant.

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 28, 2015

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Strategic Tea posted:

Come on, what do you think this thread has been doing for months? We've made plenty of things as dumb as, say, Kate Russell's bad video that got lawyer'd. I'm all for seeing neckbeards get a slap, but don't act like this doesn't boil down to which side is more willing to waste their lawyers' time.

TBH, we've still not seen Derek Smart actually visibly waste any lawyer's time thus far. For all we know, he could be doing just his usual bluster and winding up :flaccid: in the end when it comes to the big sue against CIG.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

In the end it's a common thing people on the internet use: "I'm the gentleman spy and am puppetmastering you all." "I'm the IRL teacher and am schooling you all." "I'm a Bitcoin Millionare and I poo poo on you wageslave plebescrubs with my posts." "I'm Chuck Norris IRL and I will come over your house and gently caress you up." Lots of different types of people use this poo poo at one point or another.

I suppose this situation puts a whole new meaning to "Armchair Bully"

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

There is no loving way Derek Smart goes after anyone worth a drat in CIG anyway, which would have been the only real saving grace - watching him and coked up space jesus go at it.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
where's derek smart been

probably working on a massive wall of text missive?

hope it's about cig / shart shitizen / gizmondo and not a big list of white knights and their links and real names and archives and screenshots of them posting things he doesn't like

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lowtax paywall the fart shitizen thread

just do it, itll save your marriage + your mangosteen

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Maldoror posted:

where's derek smart been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

kordansk posted:

You have no idea what he has. It easily could have been from trauma, and he will live an entirely long life. It could have been some sort of congenital condition with the development of his cord in the lumbrosacral plexus. Who knows why he is in a wheel chair.

I don't think you understand; I was not prognosticating on any particular case, simply supplying a medical fact for the edification of all

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Glory of Arioch posted:

lowtax paywall the fart shitizen thread

just do it, itll save your marriage + your mangosteen

All the SC reg money probably goes to Shmorky's fursuit maintenance.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jegan Ace posted:

There is no loving way Derek Smart goes after anyone worth a drat in CIG anyway, which would have been the only real saving grace - watching him and coked up space jesus go at it.

I'd pay-per-view that hearing. Unless you meant actually go at it like just have a big ol' fistfight, but then again I'd pay to see that too.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

WebDO posted:

I don't think you understand; I was not prognosticating on any particular case, simply supplying a medical fact for the edification of all

thread was edified

nice prognosticating

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

WebDO posted:

Look dude, you have to be on a side. How else am I going to quote you and say you are wrong and feel self satisfaction.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

Point of medical fact: Duchenne's, ALS, and Becker's have a natural history that precludes a normal average lifespan. For those that want to adjust their denominators.

Bummer.

He might not live to see the launch of Star Citizen :ohdear:

Sorry that was poor taste.

Nobody will see that. It's never coming out.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I'd pay-per-view that hearing. Unless you meant actually go at it like just have a big ol' fistfight, but then again I'd pay to see that too.

same

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

Okay real post. There is absolutely a line here. That line is crossed when you actually go out of your way to personally threaten someone. Mocking Sandi because of some random story about pubes, or the complete lack of progress on the game, or the fact that they can't keep project managers or middle/upper level management employed, or the fact that refunds are coming from random companies that you never sent money to, or... I can keep going... none of that is harmful. When you create a campaign that actively targets an individual and begins reporting their social media because you don't agree with them, or you threaten to 'destroy' someone because you disagree with their assessment of your obsession with a game, you have taken it too far. DSMART MD DDS PHD literally is the only one in this so called fight with CIG, and he can do whatever the gently caress he wants with his money and his lawyers for all I care. It is his time and energy and money spent. But don't sit here and equate the rest of us to Derek's crusade. If we were to stoop to the level of those idiot reddit cultists we would have to be reporting all of them to reddit to get banned, or actually doxxing them and using it for malicious purposes like attacking their place of work, or causing financial difficulties for them. This ridiculous Smart Shart War is only between him and RSI, and any of those loving morons that keep inserting themselves as cannon fodder for RSI are literally falling on their own swords for no reason.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

Unless you meant actually go at it like just have a big ol' fistfight, but then again I'd pay to see that too.

Derek Smart vs. yet another coke machine in a boxing ring would be quite the entertainment, no doubt.

joats posted:

Look dude, you have to be on a side. How else am I going to quote you and say you are wrong and feel self satisfaction.

I hear writing 'shut up' works just as well.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Coke machine is CR's wrestling name

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
this is like that "griefing" discussion

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

WebDO posted:

Ah, no worries. I was doing neurological exams on lower limbs on Tuesday, it was stuck in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Skoll posted:

All the SC reg money probably goes to Shmorky's fursuit maintenance.
Shmorky hasn't been a SA employee for a while. Partially because sales have gone down so much, partially because he apparently got weird. Well, weirder.

• Locked thread