Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw6UfLUt_ho

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

pictured: the grey market

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

If this isn't a 21 minute airhorn sample then I seriously question its accuracy.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Fish Fry Andy posted:

D_Smart call the dad.

Seconding this. 19 might be old enough to be considered an adult but it is still not too old to be yelled at by his dad.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yeah wheelchair guy, go ahead and spit in the face of the bear that's staring you down. That seems like a good plan for a guy who can't run.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Bears can run pretty fast, legs or not.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Hmmm I'm glad he read through this entire thread, now knows that Derek Smart wants to sue him over jpegs and is still like "yeah this is entirely worth my time."

D_Smart call the dad.

I'm no internet lawyer but if this kid is actually opening his arsehole up for a law-loving then calling the dad would actually be the cool option.

Because we all know that just ignoring it isn't a possibility given the parties in question.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I don't think the "cooks in the kitchen" scenario applies to development very well. All the cooks in a real kitchen are doing the same thing, which is preparing x item for consumption.

Game development consists of developers sure, but they are the builders and architects of the underlying framework that the ~idea~ (which is to say, the game) is portrayed on. Not only must the idea makers and the builders perform optimally, but also the PR team, the web team, the art team, the customer service team, and the list goes on ad nauseum as you venture into the MMO genre (otherwise known as career suicide for most developers).

So alluding to a bunch of cooks arguing in a kitchen - which never happens in real practice because their roles are always pretty clearly defined - is a bit short sighted

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

kordansk posted:

Okay real post. There is absolutely a line here. That line is crossed when you actually go out of your way to personally threaten someone. Mocking Sandi because of some random story about pubes, or the complete lack of progress on the game, or the fact that they can't keep project managers or middle/upper level management employed, or the fact that refunds are coming from random companies that you never sent money to, or... I can keep going... none of that is harmful. When you create a campaign that actively targets an individual and begins reporting their social media because you don't agree with them, or you threaten to 'destroy' someone because you disagree with their assessment of your obsession with a game, you have taken it too far.

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Individual to individual threat? Check. Social media reporting? Check. Legalese that's by all means more threatening than online threats of incredibly unlikely violence? Check.

Surely you can see Smart's pursuit of total nobodies (and this thread's gleeful support for it) leans uncomfortably close to the brown sea poo poo you described. And I'd say the same wheelchair or not. It's the cultists' own fault and they deserve it, but SC goons are losing their moral high ground pretty drat quickly. Goons are now rolling in the poop and eating it and adding their own poop to the pile. Half this thread has now become the entertainment.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah wheelchair guy, go ahead and spit in the face of the bear that's staring you down. That seems like a good plan for a guy who can't run.

he doesnt have a.... leg to stand on.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

If this isn't a 21 minute airhorn sample then I seriously question its accuracy.

Will this do?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Strategic Tea posted:

Half this thread has now become the entertainment.

Hi welcome to SA, glad you are enjoying it

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
lol @ people serious posting in this thread

gtfo thanks.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cpt Underpants posted:

I think Dolvak may have sought legal advice and was told to delete because we know Derek never ever keeps copies of things in case this happens. They are a known hater of Something Awful and they said as much in one of those deleted posts while using official mod-speak on the Star Citizen subreddit.

As if. I'm sure that by now they've figured that I'm simply not bluffing or playing around.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Derek's already shown he'll let people that are (by their own admission) working hard to smear him off the hook if they just apologise and move back from the keyboard-warrior poo poo, I think it's fairly safe to say as more and more of these idiots making the bad decision to publicly declare they're going to ruin Derek get dragged into the light the more we'll just see that as an easy out for them that gives Derek everything he wants out of this situation.

They're dumb people that thought that this poo poo was the best way to deal with someone saying nasty stuff about the video game they were really looking forwards do. They got all caught up in the idea they were fighting a pretend war where no matter what everyone including CIG would thank them for waging it, when in reality it was only tangentially related to them, and they should have stayed out of it and let the natural legal mechanisms being tossed around by both sides get put in play by paid legal professionals. They should have just sat back and made photoshops of Derek Smart as Don Quixote riding at a windmill made of ships, and they still can if they just come up for air and understand that this is poop you just don't touch.

MeLKoR posted:

God drat, this is a pretty dumb kid.

[lack of empathy intensifies].gif

Amethyst posted:

It's incredible how easy it is to reduce the big hard internet men of Star Citizen crew into puddles of tears when you suggest that maybe stalking a wheelchair bound cripple isn't a cool and badass thing to do. Perhaps the tightneing you feel in your chest when confronted with your own shortcomings should be harnessed for personal growth, rather than going into a panic and posting the loving get out frog 12 times in a row.

Amethyst posted:

Hmmmmmmm yes, it's perfectly reasonable to dox a kid, and publish his personal details on a hugely trafficked forum, because he left a bunch of negative reviews on steam. I am a Rational human being who does not stuff magazines up his rear end as soon as I get home every night

Maldoror posted:

I don't consider the 19 year old kid in question to be any different than anyone else. If I was in a wheelchair I would not want people helping me or holding the door for me or treating me special or different or say things like "let him say whatever he wants, he's special, he lost life, his life sucks, etc., leave him be." To me, THAT would be discrimination I wouldn't want. I would want to be taken as seriously on the Internet as any other rear end clown, as I would in life.

Seems to me Derek Smart sees the dude the same way, and would have posted what he did whether the kid was in a wheelchair or not. He doesn't see handicap, he accpets him on the same terms as any other person giving him poo poo.

I can respect that.

kordansk posted:

Okay real post. There is absolutely a line here. That line is crossed when you actually go out of your way to personally threaten someone. Mocking Sandi because of some random story about pubes, or the complete lack of progress on the game, or the fact that they can't keep project managers or middle/upper level management employed, or the fact that refunds are coming from random companies that you never sent money to, or... I can keep going... none of that is harmful. When you create a campaign that actively targets an individual and begins reporting their social media because you don't agree with them, or you threaten to 'destroy' someone because you disagree with their assessment of your obsession with a game, you have taken it too far. DSMART MD DDS PHD literally is the only one in this so called fight with CIG, and he can do whatever the gently caress he wants with his money and his lawyers for all I care. It is his time and energy and money spent. But don't sit here and equate the rest of us to Derek's crusade. If we were to stoop to the level of those idiot reddit cultists we would have to be reporting all of them to reddit to get banned, or actually doxxing them and using it for malicious purposes like attacking their place of work, or causing financial difficulties for them. This ridiculous Smart Shart War is only between him and RSI, and any of those loving morons that keep inserting themselves as cannon fodder for RSI are literally falling on their own swords for no reason.

Here's the thing. I don't loving care if he's in a wheelchair or has lost both legs or has a metal plate on the side of his scalp. Being disabled doesn't make you a better person nor exempt from consequences. There are hardcore criminals wheelchair bound, amputees etc sitting in jail.

When you go online and act like an rear end-clown, abusing, cyberbullying and cyberharassing someone - all illegal and not to be confused with Free Speech - the law doesn't loving care if you are handicapped or not. Civil and criminal consequences are real.

Here is a small section of this "kids" impressive dossier of cyberharassment. Oh, and there's this montage.

And within the next 24hrs, if he doesn't apologize and promise to disengage from this pattern of conduct, it's all going to his Dad, along with a letter from my attorney. And I have no doubt that he's a bully at school as well. So my guess is that his principal would be delighted to get a letter from an attorney as well.

Unlike Dolvak, Wulf et al, I have no intentions of suing him.

These morons think that I'm capable of taking on corporations, yet they are above my radar? That's just stupidity laced with arrogance. That's why I'm lining all of them up and setting an example of why it's a dumb idea to gently caress with Derek Smart.

Aside from that, ALL of these things are associated STAR CITIZEN and its toxic community. So all they are doing is hurting the game and the community. They are not hurting me because they simply do not have the capacity to do that. Ever.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Hmm, I think I am gonna give this kid some infos about your lawsuits (starting with the parentship one, don't you think?) and other personal info, let's see at which point someone thinks gently caress it and publish it all.
That will be glorious to watch.

Be my guest. Anything that's in the public record, is open season. I have nothing to hide and I don't care. That sort of thing neither fazes nor scares me. When people break the law, that's when the gloves come off.

Your hollow threats are just that: hollow. And meaningless. And inconsequential. And dumb.

FYI dumbass, there is no "parentship lawsuit". It's called a "legal paternal petition" and is used to establish paternity for children with dual-citizenship, child support, setting up trusts, private school placement etc. And the details are sealed (you make it public, I guarantee that that you will end up behind bars) in order to protect minor children.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 28, 2015

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Romes128 posted:

he doesnt have a.... leg to stand on.

Looks like he'll never be the head of a major corporation

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Man, in the absence of real news from CIG, drama always inflates to fill the void.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 20, 2016

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

If Smart was on Crobert's side, half this thread would be receiving babby's first legal notices, because most of those awful libellous slanderers in the crosshairs never made threats either.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Looks like he'll never be the head of a major corporation

elbows bend and are funny. its a fun word to say until it sounds weird.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Romes128 posted:

lol @ people serious posting in this thread

gtfo thanks.

No, don't.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

kordansk posted:

Okay real post. There is absolutely a line here. That line is crossed when you actually go out of your way to personally threaten someone. Mocking Sandi because of some random story about pubes, or the complete lack of progress on the game, or the fact that they can't keep project managers or middle/upper level management employed, or the fact that refunds are coming from random companies that you never sent money to, or... I can keep going... none of that is harmful. When you create a campaign that actively targets an individual and begins reporting their social media because you don't agree with them, or you threaten to 'destroy' someone because you disagree with their assessment of your obsession with a game, you have taken it too far. DSMART MD DDS PHD literally is the only one in this so called fight with CIG, and he can do whatever the gently caress he wants with his money and his lawyers for all I care. It is his time and energy and money spent. But don't sit here and equate the rest of us to Derek's crusade. If we were to stoop to the level of those idiot reddit cultists we would have to be reporting all of them to reddit to get banned, or actually doxxing them and using it for malicious purposes like attacking their place of work, or causing financial difficulties for them. This ridiculous Smart Shart War is only between him and RSI, and any of those loving morons that keep inserting themselves as cannon fodder for RSI are literally falling on their own swords for no reason.

^this. That is all.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D_Smart posted:

And within the next 24hrs, if he doesn't apologize and promise to disengage from this pattern of conduct, it's all going to his Dad, along with a letter from my attorney. And I have no doubt that he's a bully at school as well. So my guess is that his principal would be delighted to get a letter from an attorney as well.

Dude...

3:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_gpcmyg4w

Realtalk, if you feel like it just throw a phonecall to his dad and leave it at that. Why the gently caress even bother with attorneys and litigation? Save that poo poo for CIG - they're the ones ultimately deserving of it the most. Assuming you actually even get there, that is.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 28, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Strategic Tea posted:

If Smart was on Crobert's side, half this thread would be receiving babby's first legal notices, because most of those awful libellous slanderers in the crosshairs never made threats either.

none of us are going out of our way to harass anyone on twitter or making subreddits targeting specific people with the intent of doing some sort of harm physical or financial. so, i think we are safe mr outrage

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Your hollow threats are just that: hollow. And meaningless. And inconsequential. And dumb.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Couple of things i learned from this video - they may need 125m to complete the game, it's cool if it doesn't work out, and this dude just got off a huge coke bender.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

i missed most of this, this guy is loving dumb and really needs to stop

nobody should even joke about swatting someone

Don't you know that SWATing is the height of comedy in TYOOL 2015 according to Reddit?

mcjomar posted:

EVE Goons did this to "Preencleve Grothsmore" or however you spell that dumb name.
They dug up his info (he was dumb enough to leave his own personal info, and that of his father, school, father's business, etc all over the internet when he registered a personal site to "bring down those nasty goonz!"), called his grandma, and sent him a pizza. I think they warned his parents what he's been borrowing daddy's credit card for too (in the UK mind, so it was UK goons that did this).

They didn't publish his info online or anything like that though, or encourage anyone to go after him.
I don't think he's turned up again since the parents got involved, or if he has, he's kept a remarkably low profile.
EDIT:Scratch that, the last time he "infiltrated" eve goons was april this year. He still keeps getting caught and does dumb poo poo.
Some people never learn I guess

So frankly, Dr Smart calling this kids parents on the quiet and letting them know what a sleazeball their kid is probably wouldn't go amiss. Not sure that publishing anything about the kid (other than his dumbass tweets and reddit posts for hilarity) is necessary for this to work though.

The way I remember it going was that Prencleeve doxxed several Goons first after he got scammed in EVE, going so far as to harass their family/co-workers about how "mean and evil" they were in a video game. Then Goons retaliated with their own "hey, your kid needs help." Prencleeve doing it first also got himself permabanned from EVE for harassment for a few years before, supposedly, he was able to convince CCP he changed and to no ones surprised he is still obsessed with Goons etc.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 28, 2015

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

D_Smart posted:

^this. That is all.

None of them are actually doing those things. They're talking about them like morons on a public forum, because they're internet tough guys. Meanwhile we're just... uh... planning how to call them IRL and humiliate them in front of dad, or making them take down their dumb edited video of you saying you have a small dick. You know, tasteful stuff.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Would be fun if the dad calls DS a creepy stalker and calls the cops on him.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

D_Smart posted:

^this. That is all.

fine derek if thats what you want to do, but it has the comedic value of you cutting off your dick and planting the severed penis into someones birthday cake.

its only horrifically funny, and the people staring arent thinking favorably of you, everyone just loves a good trainwreck.

You may be right, and swatting is loving serious

I'm just saying you might pick a better target for funsies.

my stupid opinion. I dont care what you do, you will just look like an asshat even if you are 100% completely right.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

quote:

And I have no doubt that he's a bully at school as well. So my guess is that his principal would be delighted to get a letter from an attorney as well.

God loving damnit. This poo poo is funny.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

joats posted:

yeah the guy in the wheelchair.. maybe he has it hot rodded balls out as he terrorizes the school circlestrafing everyone into submission.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
im consistently amazed at derek smarts ability to escalate situations until the person he's directing his threats to backs off. lol.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

none of us are going out of our way to harass anyone on twitter or making subreddits targeting specific people with the intent of doing some sort of harm physical or financial. so, i think we are safe mr outrage

In a way, the advantage over reddit here is if you speak up and people don't like it, they can quote and mock you, but they can not "downvote" i.e. make what you said disappear. This downvoting serves the creation of an echo chamber quite well and supports extreme behaviour as only those supporting it will be read.

Plus I have a feeling most people in this thread don't actually take all this serious, at least not after they got their money out via refund. The only person really invested (see what I did there?!) is Bootcha, and I hope that works out OK for him.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

yeah the guy in the wheelchair.. maybe he has it hot rodded balls out as he terrorizes the school circlestrafing everyone into submission.

to be fair when i was in high school there was this kid in a wheelchair who used to call girls sluts and say dumb poo poo to people and everyone left him alone cause he was in a wheelchair. until he called a black kid the n word and got his rear end beat. he stopped after that.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

joats posted:

I'm having a hard time picturing a wheelchair student bullying others at school: "Gimme your lunch money, or imma do wheelies on yo spine, fool!"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Replace your favourite movie lines with "That's him in the wheelchair."

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

D_Smart posted:

And I have no doubt that he's a bully at school as well.

Totally, I remember these horrible days at my school when the wheelchair mafia chased me to steal my lunch money.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Wheelchair or not acting like an assclown on the internet has repercussions. I'm not for or against Derek doing whatever he wants to that's his prerogative but this kid gotta realize that goons even saying this is low are not on his side. When you say poo poo like thinking we want to be cool with you doesn't justify your actions. Don't be an rear end in a top hat on the internet. Public figure or not that does not give you a free pass to antagonize them constantly because they hurt your fee fees.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

CrazyLoon posted:

I'm having a hard time picturing a wheelchair student bullying others at school: "Gimme your lunch money, or Imma do wheelies on yo spine, fool!"

Actually when I was in high school there was a 20 something year old kid who had FAS or something who had his electric wheelchair taken away because he was ramming people with it all the time. He had to go with crutches for the rest of the year.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Some beautiful work there. Style points for including Bester from B5 (I'm guessing it's from the Mind War episode). :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Derek, Amethyst is a D&D crazyperson. It's best not to waste any breath on him.

• Locked thread