Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaerael posted:

It totally doesn't surprise me at all. Games really do suffer from the "too many cooks" rule.

I don't think it's a "too many cooks" issue, but more of a "clearly well defined and realistic goals" being in line with what the devs are capable of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hammerstein posted:

Totally, I remember these horrible days at my school when the wheelchair mafia chased me to steal my lunch money.

are you saying handicapped people cant be bullies?

wow man, im gonna have to call the ADA on this one.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Derek, I think he just threatened to "scaze" you. I don't know what that means but it sounds scary and I hope you mount a vigorous legal defense.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Leia: "I love you"

Han Solo: "That's him in the wheelchair."

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I had crutches for a bit in high school and used them to poke people in the back of the leg and make them stumbly ~ymmv

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Actually when I was in high school there was a 20 something year old kid who had FAS or something who had his electric wheelchair taken away because he was ramming people with it all the time. He had to go with crutches for the rest of the year.

Well gently caress a duck. The more you know, and all that poo poo...

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 28, 2015

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Make sure when you call his dad you tell him you're from the internet.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Codependent Poster posted:

if you do, and dont introduce yourself as the internet warlord, the doves will cry.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

derek please do this.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

Surely you can see Smart's pursuit of total nobodies (and this thread's gleeful support for it)

Not really seeing this part actually.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SneakyFrog posted:

Leia: "I love you"

Han Solo: "That's him in the wheelchair."
That's not a moon, that's him in the wheelchair! :lesnick:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

And I have no doubt that he's a bully at school as well.
This dude is stuffing kids in lockers for sure.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Actually when I was in high school there was a 20 something year old kid who had FAS or something who had his electric wheelchair taken away because he was ramming people with it all the time. He had to go with crutches for the rest of the year.

Did his wheelchair have a pair of these ?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bofast posted:

Some beautiful work there. Style points for including Bester from B5 (I'm guessing it's from the Mind War episode). :golfclap:

That was a reference to Alan Bexter from RSI forums, who declared war on goons and launched nukes. I posted a summary of his saga (as well as other drama hits from RSI forums) over here for reading at one's leisure.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

SelenicMartian posted:

That's not a moon, that's him in the wheelchair! :lesnick:

It's a bird!
It's a plane!
that's him in the wheelchair!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Hmmm I'm glad he read through this entire thread, now knows that Derek Smart wants to sue him over jpegs and is still like "yeah this is entirely worth my time."

D_Smart call the dad.

Really, gently caress him, he's dumb as a sack of doorknobs. smh

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CrazyLoon posted:

That was a reference to Alan Bexter from RSI forums, who declared war on goons and launched nukes. I posted a summary of his saga (as well as other drama hits from RSI forums) over here for reading at one's leisure.

see thats a good TL:DR... I just cant seriouspost that long without tweaking out IRL

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Let's roleplay, you're in a wheelchair and you're trying to bully me, a person with functioning legs.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
10 pages of wheelchair talk and doubling down on it

this was such a fantastic thread for the last month too

goons really do ruin everything :sigh:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

thatguy posted:

Let's roleplay, you're in a wheelchair and you're trying to bully me, a person with functioning legs.

i press the button and my fully operational battlesuit encapsulates my body and i lock my death laser on your weener.

your move punk.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Luke... that's him in the wheelchair.

It can't be! That's impossible!

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Nooooooo!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

flyboi posted:

Wheelchair or not acting like an assclown on the internet has repercussions. I'm not for or against Derek doing whatever he wants to that's his prerogative but this kid gotta realize that goons even saying this is low are not on his side. When you say poo poo like thinking we want to be cool with you doesn't justify your actions. Don't be an rear end in a top hat on the internet. Public figure or not that does not give you a free pass to antagonize them constantly because they hurt your fee fees.

Being cool and being a full on cult of croberts fanatic, wheels or not, seem mutually exclusive.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
As a side effect of all of this, the spergs in the SC/reddit community have basically (lol) turned on us as a whole as well. For better or for worse, SA, and this thread, is more or less viewed as an extension of Dr. Smart's will and vendetta.

The confirmation bias is strong. There are plenty of goons here that are indifferent, some who are opposed to the drama and shenanigans, and some who are actually still rooting for SC. But the brown sea only sees the people that are trashing SC and supporting Dr. Smart. I'm sure the confirmation bias is just as strong at CIG as well, :lesnick: has posted multiple times in regards to how he views SA and goons as a whole as a malicious cancer, and Sandi we know reads this thread. Beer getting banned is only a symptom of that.

Dolvak has been obsessively moderating out ANY threads in the SC subreddit regarding this issue as well, cowed in large part my Dr. Smart. Another has wholly apologized. While these are minor "victories" for Dr. Smart, it has polarized the community even further.

The goon "hivemind" has done plenty to enrage video game communities before, but this is vitriolic at its highest. We're insulated by a desire to really only play games with each other and kept entertained by the ability for us to go into any game we want with a few dozen other :10bux: patriots and have a good time, but this episode is going to go down in video game subculture history as one of the biggest ideological wars in some time. EVE goons may have enraged people in the past, I know in AA we caused some pretty outrageous poo poo to be written about us, but SC is a game that has had major publicity coverage, and I think it's a matter of time before The Escapist and others start to write about all the drama going on, because it's good clickbait entertainment.

If you're here talking sense and trying to calm things down, you're yelling into a hurricane. You're lumped into it with the rest of us as staunchly and militantly anti-SC. You're a Dr. Smart supporter regardless of your feelings on him. I've seen a lot of ironic posting here, lots of funnies, and good entertainment trolling by goons, but the brown sea is frothing into an actual rage.

I imagine it's going to get "worse" from here. :toot:

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

Totally, I remember these horrible days at my school when the wheelchair mafia chased me to steal my lunch money.

Don't be silly! Of course, he got people Twitter accounts banned, if they didn't hand over their lunch money.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

SneakyFrog posted:

i press the button and my fully operational battlesuit encapsulates my body and i lock my death laser on your weener.

your move punk.
Ya but your legs don't work.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

thatguy posted:

"Look at you with your two healthy, functioning legs playing ball outside, I will......"

No, this is not working out....

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kimsemus posted:

I imagine it's going to get "worse" from here. :toot:

gently caress you mean people will still think goons ruin everything on the internet and i will get my pristine reputation sullied by association?!

I better rethink this whole something awful dot com website.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Wafflz posted:

Being cool and being a full on cult of croberts fanatic, wheels or not, seem mutually exclusive.

Probably. Also to those saying "b-b-b-but disabled people can't be bullies!"

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/05/teen-arrested-for-30-swattings-bomb-threats/comment-page-1/

Feel free to read through that if you don't remember the Canadian arrested for SWATing. Surprise! He has a mental disability. Also in high school there was a severe autistic kid who was obsessed with ECW and in constant trouble for saying extremely inappropriate things to people and promptly beating them up.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

thatguy posted:

- Give me :10bux: or I tell the principal you spit on me.

Nooooooo!
- Tell me only the good things that come into your mind when you think about your mother.
- That's him in the wheelchair!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

thatguy posted:

Ya but your legs don't work.

i blow a football sized hole in your crotchal area. Then take your lunch money with my handy extendo gripper.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I was going to say it's extremely easy for anyone to bully these days with swating as a thing. Even if your legs don't work.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

"You want answers?"
"I think I'm entitled to."
"You want answers?"
"I want the truth!"
"That's him in the wheelchair."

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I like the videos where swatters get caught and go to federal prison for wasting my tax dollars and being a piece of poo poo

oh wait that still wastes tax dollars

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Over a month since refund request was submitted.

33 days since I got anything other than an automated "We haven't forgotten about you!" reply to my ticket.

Is there anyone out there with a ticket number higher than 133k that's gotten their poo poo resolved yet?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Nooooooo!

:lol:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Vire posted:

I was going to say it's extremely easy for anyone to bully these days with swating as a thing. Even if your legs don't work.

Living in Europe definitely has it's perks.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

LCL-Dead posted:

Over a month since refund request was submitted.

33 days since I got anything other than an automated "We haven't forgotten about you!" reply to my ticket.

Is there anyone out there with a ticket number higher than 133k that's gotten their poo poo resolved yet?

chargeback

every time someone started the chargeback process cig completely caves in and refunds from what ive seen

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Hammerstein posted:

Living in Europe definitely has it's perks.

yeah im sure its nicer over there.

here they roll an mrap through your front gate.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
In Switzerland they had brotherly love – and 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? That's him in the wheelchair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

• Locked thread