Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Whose motorcycle is this?
It's a chopper baby.
Whose chopper is this?
It's Zed's.
Who's Zed?
That's him in the wheelchair.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Should've kept: "Don't believe his lies" IMO, otherwise....drat son...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. That's him in the wheelchair.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
DSmart should do this the right way, and challenge him to a 1v1 battlebots round. I bet DSmart could make a loving kickass robot and gently caress that dudes robot up

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Games > Star Citizen: Derek Smart is going to tell on you

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

LCL-Dead posted:

Over a month since refund request was submitted.

33 days since I got anything other than an automated "We haven't forgotten about you!" reply to my ticket.

Is there anyone out there with a ticket number higher than 133k that's gotten their poo poo resolved yet?

Tell them you will do a chargeback if you have to. That usually gets a response.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

- Give me :10bux: or I tell the principal you spit on me.
I say, "To buy what? Functioning legs?" I then run to the principal using my own pair of legs and tell him that you spit on me first.

SneakyFrog posted:

i blow a football sized hole in your crotchal area. Then take your lunch money with my handy extendo gripper.
As I'm lying on the floor I tell him, "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you do or say you still won't be able to walk ever again."

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LCL-Dead posted:

33 days since I got anything other than an automated "We haven't forgotten about you!" reply to my ticket.

Is there anyone out there with a ticket number higher than 133k that's gotten their poo poo resolved yet?

call their dad

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

That's him in the wheelchair !!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CrazyLoon posted:

Should've kept: "Don't believe his lies" IMO, otherwise....drat son...

it's on the back

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
For over a thousand years, Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of a triumph - a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeters and musicians and strange animals from the conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conqueror rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children, robed in white, stood with him in the chariot, or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror, holding a golden crown, and whispering in his ear a warning: that's him, in the wheelchair.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
For those ableist bigots itt that insist that being confined to a wheelchair diminishes you I present some of the best slam poets of our generation https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC1xoOEIondloEmdLtFQ0Ffg

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
I was thinking of putting the wheelchair line into the Oldman speech but that means I'd have to actually watch it again and I don't wanna.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Forrest: [running] I had run for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours.
[he stops and turns around]
Young Man Running: Quiet, quiet! He’s gonna say something!
Forrest: That's him in the wheelchair.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

135263. It's been ongoing for about a month.
I was told yesterday that they've processed the last of the money owed to me and my account was deactivated/deleted. I've been emailing *every day* that I don't get my money to remind them.
I did apologize to Patrick, because he's just the messenger.
It's his bosses that are shitlords and twatwaffles.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

thatguy posted:

As I'm lying on the floor I tell him, "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you do or say you still won't be able to walk ever again."

sonova bitch. I feel bullied.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

joats posted:

Forrest: [running] I had run for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours.
[he stops and turns around]
Young Man Running: Quiet, quiet! He’s gonna say something!
Forrest: That's him in the wheelchair.

I'm not a smart man, Jenny, but I know that's him in the wheelchair.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

New from Kotaku: That's him in the wheelchair

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Reddit, what are some red flags you saw but ignored? Do you regret that decision? posted:

When you're the only one trying to repair a relationship and they've obviously cashed out.

When someone has wronged you and doesn't do anything to make up for it or try and fix things.

When someone lies and misleads you and leads you on.

When you already turned your back on them because they weren't there for you, but you give it another go because you love them.

When this has all happened before but each time you think it will be different, that they'll be different.

When you let all this happen because you don't have anyone else.

Same person:

aoxo posted:

I think it's a less balanced article than most here seem to think.

I'd like to preface my post by saying that while I follow the game's development and own a copy of it, I'm not a massive fan of it. I'm still pretty on the fence.

Okay, so, this article has innuendo spread right throughout. It starts off in the title and continues in the first sentence. For starters, why Star Citizen is "controversial" is (I think) two-fold, but the article begins with the assumption that SC itself is controversial, rather than asking why it has attracted controversy. This may just be a matter of semantics, but it's a leading statement. When you read the title your mind is lead straight to, "Star Citizen is controversial".

In the first paragraph, after the question of "What is Star Citizen?" the response is "Well, that’s a question with a least two answers". I suppose that's relatively innocent, but coupled with some other comments, like this one in the third paragraph ("Star Citizen reads like an attempt to combine almost everything games have ever done") it again leads the reader to believe that Star Citizen is (in concept at least) more complicated than it really is, which very easily helps fuel the "too ambitious" or "feature creep" arguments later presented. It's very subtle, and, again, may simply be a matter of semantics, but I think ultimately it skews the perceived meaning of what's being said and the general (and wider reaching) tone against Star Citizen (side-note: the mere fact this article is written to defend/explain SC suggests that there are reasons to be "against" [or for] SC which I think only lends more credence to the "SC is controversial point made above).

Continuing on, not all games are clear cut, but they certainly have core game play features, so why suggest SC is any different and that what it is is hard to explain? What would you call GTAV? IS it a driving game? Action game? Shooter? Adventure game? Open-world? With the re-release/release of the enhanced/PC versions of GTAV is it now a first person shooter also? I understand the point - Star Citizen aims to be many things, but just as Grand Theft Auto is an action-adventure game, so too is SC a space sim game. Starting off with "well I can't even explain it" isn't, in my opinion, the most balanced and fair way to present it.

I think it then provides some misinformation by talking about the different "modes". This in general, as with most SC articles, starts to show a lack of familiarity with SC and it's development. Unless I am misunderstanding, these "modes" are mainly the modules, which, aside from the public nature of early access, don't differ too much from the different stages any other company would go through when designing and developing different game play mechanics. Using GTA as an example again, I'm very sure that the people dealing with character movement, weapon stats, etc were separate to those working on vehicle physics/stats. I don't want to go into this too much because I don't how how different CIG is working to a "normal" company.

I think the rest of the article is pretty much more of the same - it tries to give a quick run down of what SC is, what it wants to be, what CIG is, how it works, etc but doesn't really provide genuine details (and by genuine I mean "fair"). As usual, a huge focus is put on being able to buy "virtual" ships. There are three parties at fault for this: CIG who insist EVERY ship MUST go up for sale, the "take my money" backers who keep buying ships despite already owning several, and then those who don't own the game and have no stake in it, but who are adamant that any purchase of "virtual" items means pay-to-win, despite not having any understanding of the context of the ships or the purchases themselves. To explain my understanding of this point: what's better: a supercar or a minivan? The supercar, says the racer; the minivan, says the parent with four kids.

There are several allusions as to the current success of SC by gauging it against former suggested release periods. As we all know, none of these was ever set in stone. Does that entirely defend the delays? I say no, of course not. I remember when Arena Commander was first delayed - everyone tried to defend it by saying that the server back end was done which meant they could make "more" progress, but what we ended up with was still extremely limited. If anything, the delay should have provided us with more, which means the initial release date could have never been met. But all of this ignores the point that this is a work in progress where - as is acknowledged - the scope of the game is increasing as more money comes in, as the team becomes more experienced and as development rolls on. Asking whether it is "good" or not is also a bit misleading. There are many games out there in "Early Alpha" which are awful and have been for years coughDayZcough which do not garner anywhere near the same criticism or attention that SC does. SC has had steady and relatively constant updates and progression and recently and the near-future I think we're all expecting a lot more. Whether they hit the vaguely-suggested-though-never-even-hinted-at-let-alone-stated dates is anyone's guess, but after CitCon we know what to expect (and with some other speculation some are expecting even more). Which, compared to DayZ as mentioned before, will be a huge amount of progression and far more than DayZ has made since it's initial stand-alone release nearly two years ago.

I think from there on the article just neglects to mention the role of "the media" in all the supposed controversy surrounding the game and gives far too much credence to detractors. The Derek Smart stuff had been going on for a while, but it wasn't until the Escapist made claims of racism and embezzlement that anyone outside the SC community even took notice - and that was just at the Derek Smart stuff, that doesn't include the new racism/embezzlement "controversy" that was sourced by, yup, "the media". The article goes up and down like a see-saw (teeter-totter for you yanky doodles) between defending SC and making thinly veiled criticisms. Claims of "overt expenditure" and that concern is "not without merit" seem to suggest that there is something to be worried about. But why? Because people paid money up front?

No one likes what-about-ism, so hold on to your butts, but what about all the games with pre-order bonuses (which is a ghastly enough practice) which are delayed or fail to deliver? GTAV was delayed numerous times across each of the release stages - the original release, then the enhanced version, and then the PC version and that was with a 300 million dollar budget. Star Citizen always aimed to be a fully fledged PC game pushing hardware to its limits and as funds came in the scale, scope and grandeur were set to increase with it. I really don't think that having celebrity voice actors is a point to make in an article about "controversy" and yet it found its way in there as another thing to niggle at. The paragraph seems to say "oh but that's not detracting from making the actual game" while at the same time saying tutting at the "overt expenditure" as if they are Drug Cartel kingpins throwing money in the streets and eating diamond encrusted caviar.

I feel like I'm ranting a bit now so I'm going to stop.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

mormonpartyboat posted:

For over a thousand years, Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of a triumph - a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeters and musicians and strange animals from the conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conqueror rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children, robed in white, stood with him in the chariot, or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror, holding a golden crown, and whispering in his ear a warning: that's him, in the wheelchair.

I just recently rewatched all of "Rome" and goddamit... :golfclap:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

LCL-Dead posted:

133739 was my ticket number, I received my final email today about my refund. Over a month.
I bothered to see if a chargeback could be done and my bank said it could be, then I went with the threat to them and the next day received a response. I'm kinda miffed that it takes that but whatever. I'd hate to threaten a chargeback and not be able to follow through but ymmv.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

elbows bend and are funny. its a fun word to say until it sounds weird.

Q: What do you call a Spanish pointy-projectile launcher...?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Incombibulator posted:

Q: What do you call a Spanish pointy-projectile launcher...?

le beouf?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
i hope this thread redeems itself via a dsmart/lowtax collaboration where dsmart makes a post of "in 24 hours I'll post my lawsuit details", and lowtax puts up the paywall 23 hours later

lowtax lowtax lowtax

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

AP posted:

Not that I've seen Derek mentioned 7 more but I think implied most were leaving over the Christmas holidays, so not public yet. Octopode could probably check rsi accounts but not sure he reads the thread anymore and checking linkedin is too much effort for me.

~10 pages ago or so, but the thread moves too fast to keep up with these days.

Only account that's gone lately appears to be Kaze_of_Kami, Dan Tracy, a technical designer.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i hope this thread redeems itself via a dsmart/lowtax collaboration where dsmart makes a post of "in 24 hours I'll post my lawsuit details", and lowtax puts up the paywall 23 hours later

lowtax lowtax lowtax

He'd be an idiot not to do this IMO.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Hey, Derek!

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
- Hello, Pete Mitchell. I heard the best of the best were going to be back here, so uh...

- This could be complicated. You know on the first one I crashed and burned.

- And the second?

- That's him in the wheelchair.

Not sure if I'm doing this right.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Meta-Mollusk posted:

- Hello, Pete Mitchell. I heard the best of the best were going to be back here, so uh...

- This could be complicated. You know on the first one I crashed and burned.

- And the second?

- That's him in the wheelchair.

Not sure if I'm doing this right.

took MY breath away.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
That's him in the wheelchair.
That's him in the spot-light.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Do you think if D_Smart did get coaxed into suing they might reward him the wheelchair as part of the damages?

Burke: I'm sorry. I don't know why I didn't even- Ripley's last trip out, the syn- the artificial person malfunctioned.
Ripley: "Malfunctioned"?
Burke: There were problems and a-a few deaths were involved.
Bishop: I'm shocked. Was it an older model?
Burke: Yeah, that's him in the wheelchair.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Mirificus posted:

Reddit, what are some red flags you saw but ignored? Do you regret that decision? posted:
When you're the only one trying to repair a relationship and they've obviously cashed out.

When someone has wronged you and doesn't do anything to make up for it or try and fix things.

When someone lies and misleads you and leads you on.

When you already turned your back on them because they weren't there for you, but you give it another go because you love them.

When this has all happened before but each time you think it will be different, that they'll be different.

When you let all this happen because you don't have anyone else.

People will die over this game.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Beet Wagon posted:

Do you think if D_Smart did get coaxed into suing they might reward him the wheelchair as part of the damages?

:dogbutton:

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Ooh, 'Verse is bigger
It's bigger than you
And you are not me
The lengths that I will go to
The distance in your eyes
Oh no I've said too much, I set it up.

That's me in the wheelchair
That's me in the forum
Spouting my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've said too much
I haven't said enough
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lowtax, redditors view and save content from this thread for free. You are missing the hottest cash opportunity here. Those people are known to pay thousands for jpegs, and we've got videos in this thread. Just imagine.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Brett: I'm sorry, I didn't get your name. I got yours, Vincent, right? But I didn't get yours...
Jules: My name's Pitt. And your rear end ain't talkin' your way out of this poo poo.
Brett: No, no, I just want you to know... I just want you to know how sorry we are that things got so hosed up with us and Mr. Wallace. We got into this thing with the best intentions and I never...
Jules: [Jules shoots the man on the couch] I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
Brett: That's him in the wheelchair.
Jules: What country are you from?
Brett: That's him in the wheelchair? That's him in the wheelchair? That's him in the - ?
Jules: "That's him in the wheelchair" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in That's him in the wheelchair?
Brett: That's him in the wheelchair?
Jules: English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
Brett: Yes! Yes!
Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Brett: That's him in the wheelchair?
Jules: Say 'That's him in the wheelchair' again. Say 'That's him in the wheelchair' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say That's him in the wheelchair one more Goddamn time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol all of you goons are mad that you don't have Sandi Gardiner's perfect skin to slap with your cock

• Locked thread