Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

drkeiscool posted:

what the gently caress is going on? why is everyone talking about a wheelchair?

Old School Internet Warlord DEREK SMART was verbally abused online :qq: by a 19 year old in a wheelchair and is now threatening to call his dad and tell him what a big bully he (the kid in the wheelchair) is.

D_Smart posted:

Here's the thing. I don't loving care if he's in a wheelchair or has lost both legs or has a metal plate on the side of his scalp. Being disabled doesn't make you a better person nor exempt from consequences. There are hardcore criminals wheelchair bound, amputees etc sitting in jail.

When you go online and act like an rear end-clown, abusing, cyberbullying and cyberharassing someone - all illegal and not to be confused with Free Speech - the law doesn't loving care if you are handicapped or not. Civil and criminal consequences are real.

Here is a small section of this "kids" impressive dossier of cyberharassment. Oh, and there's this montage.

And within the next 24hrs, if he doesn't apologize and promise to disengage from this pattern of conduct, it's all going to his Dad, along with a letter from my attorney. And I have no doubt that he's a bully at school as well. So my guess is that his principal would be delighted to get a letter from an attorney as well.

And I'm too lazy to find/link the original doxx-lite post containing "That's him in the wheelchair."

E: for the new page:

BeefThief fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

drkeiscool posted:

what the gently caress is going on? why is everyone talking about a wheelchair?

It's goons being completely unfunny and running a comment that wasn't even humorous to begin with into the ground, as they are wont to do.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

AP posted:

Can't remember the name, another Star Citizen whale who spent a fortune.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Tel-kar

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
In Mexico they sell wheelchairs that have dildos affixed to them.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I remember in one of the older thread a repost from the brown sea that was made just before something big was supposed come out (and of course didn't). It was really long and basically said "this is a Special Moment, let's all cherish it together." Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I thought this picture was one picture and not 2 side by side and was hella confused

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lol

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

someone do the needful

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The chair!!!

HAS WHEELS!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

thats a win

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Don't you know that SWATing is the height of comedy in TYOOL 2015 according to Reddit?

This guys laughing.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8yLIOb2pU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

BeefThief posted:

Old School Internet Warlord DEREK SMART was verbally abused online :qq: by a 19 year old in a wheelchair and is now threatening to call his dad and tell him what a big bully he (the kid in the wheelchair) is.

And I'm too lazy to find/link the original doxx-lite post containing "That's him in the wheelchair."

E: for the new page:

It's all over here.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

serious question : were you bullied by someone in a wheelchair?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here's the CIG team reading out posts.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

SneakyFrog posted:

What do you think the last 30 pages were about?

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

no black man in sight

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

SneakyFrog posted:

I just skimmed it, but the guy in the wheelchair did send ~ 100 non-funny tweets to him, also did a "somewhat subjective" review of LoD and other stuff. I think he also admitted to having reported DS twitter account for "doxxing".
I mean yeah, he could have just called his dad. But by posting it here, that guy can just say sorry and no one (apart from random nobodies on the internet) gets to know about this poo poo.

EDIT
My opinion: DS doesn't want to call his Dad. He just wants him to stop being an rear end on the internet.
Sidenote: Nobody in this thread who made fun of DS or insulted him was being threated on anything, so you do have to cross a certain line to set DS in motion.

P.S.
Or he just choose that guy in a wheelchair to get the SC fanbase to enter a frenzy and shoot themselfs in the foot again (not literally). Think: picRemoveBot.fail

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 28, 2015

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

joats posted:

What do you think the last 30 pages were about?

I think maybe he meant before today. You know, something from his past that might give a clue to his incredible sensitivity to wheelchair based attacks.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

Too close for missiles. Switching to guns.

Great balls of fire!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

spacetoaster posted:

Holy poo poo is she fatter than Lesnik?

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
I'm so loving excited! I have my money back!

Granted, some of it has already been reinvested in the radio station, but I can finally upgrade to a Platinum account! :10bux:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Holy poo poo is she fatter than Lesnik?

CIG are really missing a trick wrt providing an immersive experience for their fans by not selling an optional 'wide-load' upgrade seating system for their ships.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

wait, wait, wait...

Is the guy on the back right with the foppy hair sitting on that other dude's lap?

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I just skimmed it, but the guy in the wheelchair did send ~ 100 non-funny tweets to him, also did a "somewhat subjective" review of LoD and other stuff. I think he also admitted to having reported DS twitter account for "doxxing".
I mean yeah, he could have just called his dad. But by posting it here, that guy can just say sorry and no one (apart from random nobodies on the internet) gets to know about this poo poo.

EDIT
My opinion: DS doesn't want to call his Dad. He just wants him to stop being an rear end on the internet.
Sidenote: Nobody in this thread who made fun of DS or insulted him was being threated on anything, so you do have to cross a certain line to set DS in motion.

P.S.
Or he just choose that guy in a wheelchair to get the SC fanbase to enter a frenzy and shoot themselfs in the foot again (not literally). Think: picRemoveBot.fail

I love the double standard by both insisting that wheelchair dude is totally an adult and therefore does not deserve any leniency (like a kid would), but at the same time he is threatening to call his dad.

edit: I mean derek smart

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

spacetoaster posted:

wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't would

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

pftc posted:

no black man in sight

Sandi isn't in there either............ :pervert:

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

:allears:

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Requesting: Goonrathi Search and Rescue logo (1).

For what-now-must-be obvious purposes.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

Ruh Roh!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So, to recap:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this episode of star citizen has really challenged me and made me rethink alot of things. Overall it wasn't the most fun episode but I'd still give it a 4....out of 5.

A very special episode of Space Court Star Citizen....

MVP posted:

Lol all of you goons are mad that you don't have Sandi Gardiner's perfect skin to slap with your cock

:toot:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I love the double standard by both insisting that wheelchair dude is totally an adult and therefore does not deserve any leniency (like a kid would), but at the same time he is threatening to call his dad.
edit: I mean derek smart

I dare say he's a young adult with what seems to be a very hard handicap. I doubt DS knew about his disability from the get go. Young adults do also get treated differently by the law (at least in germany). Because there is a certain age range in which people are legally adults, but still tend to do a lot of stupid poo poo.
So yeah if someone is giving you trouble on the internet and you know their age is in this range. Calling the parents can help more than trying to reason with those persons. I mean Tripwire Interactive (Red Orchestra series) has (or had) a statement in their ToS/EULA that basically said: "If you cheat we revoke your ... blah blah ... and will call your mom!".

And if you look at it: Cheating in a video game is a far less serious thing to do than online harassment.

P.S.
I have not looked deeply at the :wheelchair: guy thing to have an opinion wether or not it can be considered harassment. It's just an interesting thing to argue about.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

someone do the needful

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Decrepus posted:

wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't wouldn't would

GBS poster spotted

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Time to repost this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bootcha posted:

*Edit Bonus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_NN8XWrHn8

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 28, 2015

• Locked thread