Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I love the double standard by both insisting that wheelchair dude is totally an adult and therefore does not deserve any leniency (like a kid would), but at the same time he is threatening to call his dad.

edit: I mean derek smart

Even adults in his situation can profit from someone close to them, like a father figure, telling them that he should stop doing the poo poo he does. It is certainly better than the alternative, which would mean lawsuit.

EDIT (Beaten like a young adult in a wheelchair): Tank Boy Ken said it better an faster than I could manage.

Plankalkuel fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I was being sarcastic. The poo poo is dumb and the fact there's YouTube videos of the swatters watching it live and commentating over it is really dumb.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

this thread kind of took a weird bad turn when people starting caring what Derek Smart thinks or does beyond star-citizen-related leaks and legal action

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I dare say he's a young adult with what seems to be a very hard handicap. I doubt DS knew about his disability from the get go. Young adults do also get treated differently by the law (at least in germany). Because there is a certain age range in which people are legally adults, but still tend to do a lot of stupid poo poo.

He knew because he was giving us pics from post one.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Strategic Tea posted:

He knew because he was giving us pics from post one.

I meant when he started looking into that guys online presence. It's kinda obvious that he knew it when he posted it. Because: "It's him in the wheelchar."

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Holy poo poo is she fatter than Lesnik?

She's pretty cute, whats her name

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

a shameful boehner posted:

Mrs Lesnick.

(not joking, it's his wife, Nepotism ho!)

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

The flotation ring logo's what I'm looking for, yeah.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

a shameful boehner posted:

She was in never say never again as the femme fatale

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Who cares? Honestly, if this kid/adult is being an rear end hat then who cares? Being a kid, having a disability, etc does not make you sudden ammune to criticism. If this person is being a regular CIG instigator then gently caress em.

You don't get a free pass to be an rear end in a top hat because life dealt you a lovely hand. If Derek wants to make an example out of another one of these idiot then let him. It doesn't effect any of us so gently caress it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
but then what will i have to be outraged at?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Dolvak creates Stargur, an image host service, to protect Spergs from future imgur takedown attacks (of the sort he himself might have been responsible for when targeting SomethingAwful...)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Who cares? Honestly, if this kid/adult is being an rear end hat then who cares? Being a kid, having a disability, etc does not make you sudden ammune to criticism. If this person is being a regular CIG instigator then gently caress em.

You don't get a free pass to be an rear end in a top hat because life dealt you a lovely hand. If Derek wants to make an example out of another one of these idiot then let him. It doesn't effect any of us so gently caress it.

Nice try :gary:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I feel like we got off to a good start with toppling CIG's giant retarded ponzi scheme and then at some point the personal information of some juvenile half-person took precedent over that

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel as though there is a missed Dr. Stranglove reference in here somewhere...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bootcha posted:

The flotation ring logo's what I'm looking for, yeah.

Track down peroxide cowboy and shoot him a PM.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

G0RF posted:

Dolvak creates Stargur, an image host service, to protect Spergs from future imgur takedown attacks (of the sort he himself might have been responsible for when targeting SomethingAwful...)

TBH this particular thread's a lot more hilarious than the wheelchair poo poo by this point...seriously, if a big image hosting site purely for Star Citizens gets made, based upon friendly fire from their own goddamn white knight spam bot reporting, that'll take the goddamn cake.

I remember even posting here, along with other goons, about this potentially happening and yet these chumps still don't know how to read and get the hint? Hey Reddit! Archive this, you ignoramuses!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

xanif posted:

Yea...not supporting what d. smart did but I was under the impression it took more to doxx than just type someone's handle into google and read through the results on the first page.

Also, if you're going to talk poo poo on twitter, have different usernames for your twitter account and dating profile.

Pages late, but every time someone complains about doxxing I have to wonder if no one remembers the phone book. You know, that thing they used to leave on your doorstep that had everyone's name, address, and phone number?

Complaining that someone found your real name because you tied it to a very visible social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, etc) to me is pretty much the same as complaining that someone looked you up in the white pages and found your phone number.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Nice try? Why are we treating this kid like he's mentally handicapped? Like being crippy boy makes him stupid or something. The dude is 19. He's old enough to know better then to be vehemently defending SC. It's a loving game after all. And as far as the calling his parents goes, good. If I had a kid, 19 or not, and found out he was doing this kind of stupidity on the internet I would have a nice chat with him. Sometimes that's needed.

Life dealing you a lovely hand is not an excuse to be a dick. It's not. We're all victims one way or another. And being crippled isn't going to make me any more or less likely to feel sorry for you. You want to be treated equally, fine. That applies in all ways to all people.

I also find it funny that so many are laughing about Dick Wulf or Dolvak being taken down a peg, but the moment a cripple gets attacked we've crossed a line. Bullshit. These loving fanatics act as if they are immune from any and all criticism. Well I say gently caress that. Game on fuckwits.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
I think Derek has a method to his madness. In the future, any space whale who wants to start poo poo will read about how Derek tracked down a 19 year old in a wheelchair and laid the smack-down and they'll think to themselves "Well poo poo, if he'd go after a cripple..." and have second thoughts about trying to organize against him.

Besides, I think he's more than willing to let the kid own up and apologize and let it go. Hell, he's already gotten reddit to cower and remove moderators and change the rules on subreddits to hopefully avoid the gaze of Warlord Smart.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

G0RF posted:

Until he posts a picture that entices DS to attack him at which point he deletes all content on the site.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
stargur site is bad and slow as poo poo

its actually the perfect reaction a star citizen could have

lets say they instead of an image hosting site they were doing something with a game engine, like perhaps, Crytek

what they would do is there would be this perfectly serviceable out of the box engine with a few flaws but it runs really great

then they could make a bastardized version and make it run way worse and be janky as poo poo with fewer features and

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

G0RF posted:

Pretty sure this is a huge red flag saying I DID IT I wrote the bot that took down all our images haha owned.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Don Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your daughter... 's wedding... on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first child be a masculine child. That's him in the wheelchair.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Nemo2342 posted:

Pages late, but every time someone complains about doxxing I have to wonder if no one remembers the phone book. You know, that thing they used to leave on your doorstep that had everyone's name, address, and phone number?

Complaining that someone found your real name because you tied it to a very visible social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, etc) to me is pretty much the same as complaining that someone looked you up in the white pages and found your phone number.

This is because people have a made up view of what a doxx is. Simply put if you make it easily available on the internet, it's fair game. Shouldn't have put it out there to begin with.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CrazyLoon posted:

TBH this particular thread's a lot more hilarious than the wheelchair poo poo by this point...seriously, if a big image hosting site purely for Star Citizens gets made, based upon friendly fire from their own goddamn white knight spam bot reporting, that'll take the goddamn cake.

I remember even posting here, along with other goons, about this potentially happening and yet these chumps still don't know how to read and get the hint? Hey Reddit! Archive this, you ignoramuses!

Long ago, before YouTube, before Imgur, hell I think even before 4chan EVE players made their own site to do just that. Except, you know, it was because there were no other options. They even had an early form of live streaming video in the works before Justin.tv took off as well. This is just SC fans upset people don't share their opinions on the game and don't want to see negative feedback.

It's exactly like that Republican Facebook thing GBS invaded a few months ago.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 28, 2015

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

This is because people have a made up view of what a doxx is. Simply put if you make it easily available on the internet, it's fair game. Shouldn't have put it out there to begin with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsXKAtpLm4I

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

stargur site is bad and slow as poo poo

its actually the perfect reaction a star citizen could have

lets say they instead of an image hosting site they were doing something with a game engine, like perhaps, Crytek

what they would do is there would be this perfectly serviceable out of the box engine with a few flaws but it runs really great

then they could make a bastardized version and make it run way worse and be janky as poo poo with fewer features and

"I know how to make everything better! The first step is to make it 100% worse. There is no next step." - A Star Citizen.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

gently caress, the world may be a better place if there was this level of accountability.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

quote:

Edit: YOU ALREADY KILLED IT

Edit: hug of death over, stop loving it so hard

quote:

Can attest, 100% spaghetti code haha. I will open source is once the code is not so awful and we push a few more things to it :)

quote:

/u/Dolvak this is blocked at work. Thats gonna be a pretty big problem for folks.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Nice try? Why are we treating this kid like he's mentally handicapped? Like being crippy boy makes him stupid or something. The dude is 19. He's old enough to know better then to be vehemently defending SC. It's a loving game after all. And as far as the calling his parents goes, good. If I had a kid, 19 or not, and found out he was doing this kind of stupidity on the internet I would have a nice chat with him. Sometimes that's needed.

Life dealing you a lovely hand is not an excuse to be a dick. It's not. We're all victims one way or another. And being crippled isn't going to make me any more or less likely to feel sorry for you. You want to be treated equally, fine. That applies in all ways to all people.

I also find it funny that so many are laughing about Dick Wulf or Dolvak being taken down a peg, but the moment a cripple gets attacked we've crossed a line. Bullshit. These loving fanatics act as if they are immune from any and all criticism. Well I say gently caress that. Game on fuckwits.

Never mind, you sounded a bit like reddit tryna bait us into mocking the wheelman

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
wheelchair doesnt give you a free pass for harassment hth

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Never mind, you sounded a bit like reddit tryna bait us into mocking the wheelman

All good. And no, not at all. I hate reddit. And they hate me. It's better that way.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

G0RF posted:

WHy,.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Nemo2342 posted:

I don't think what he did was doxxing I just think it was a really weird way to go about doing it. Posting it in this thread to be like "Look how mean this guy was!" felt more like gossiping and just trying to make drama rather than trying to approach the person for resolution.

Then again he has managed to make other people (and I use that term loosely) backpedal to gently caress and back (deleting their account or their whole post history) just by saying their name in a vaguely Rumpelstiltskin like fashion so can't really argue with results.

Seriously, what self respecting adult posts a "come at me bro" comment only to delete everything he's ever said a couple days later.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Either way, let's get back to more meaningful discussion. Like recipes.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

/r/starcitizen is proud to present sns, a pro-citizen dns server carefully curated to bring you only the most affirming internet experience

E: LTI on those buggies gonna cost a literal virtual fortune

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

xanif posted:

I don't think what he did was doxxing I just think it was a really weird way to go about doing it. Posting it in this thread to be like "Look how mean this guy was!" felt more like gossiping and just trying to make drama rather than trying to approach the person for resolution.

Then again he has managed to make other people (and I use that term loosely) backpedal to gently caress and back (deleting their account or their whole post history) just by saying their name in a vaguely Rumpelstiltskin like fashion so can't really argue with results.

Seriously, what self respecting adult posts a "come at me bro" comment only to delete everything he's ever said a couple days later.

the kind without a spine to stand up to D.Smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Stargur is dreadfully slow.

• Locked thread