Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

neonbregna posted:

Internet warlords work in mysterious ways

Smaller head version:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 29, 2015

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

That script won't be executed at all, no matter how dumb their image poo poo is. It would need some kind of exploit to execute it. Also, it's insanely illegal and easy to trace and you just posted about it here, so you're currently CR level stupid.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bootcha posted:

Requesting: Goonrathi Search and Rescue logo (1).

For what-now-must-be obvious purposes.

Not what you're looking for, but I was bored/inspired.

Required Parachute
Oct 4, 2012
haha, holy poo poo, they didn't even move ssh off of port 22. Aside from other things.

Required Parachute fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 29, 2015

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Here's the CIG team reading out posts.

pftc posted:

no black man in sight

Incombibulator posted:

wait, wait, wait...

Is the guy on the back right with the foppy hair sitting on that other dude's lap?

Good good you are hard to please. First you criticize CIG for too little diversity so Sandi has the sl...black employees paraded out, then you complain about exploitation of black employees and now a mixed race Asian-Caucasian gay couple is not good enough either?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZdilt3kfjM

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I also find it funny that so many are laughing about Dick Wulf or Dolvak being taken down a peg, but the moment a cripple gets attacked we've crossed a line. Bullshit. These loving fanatics act as if they are immune from any and all criticism. Well I say gently caress that. Game on fuckwits.

Word of advice: Wulf Knight is technically disabled, so whatever applies to him in the wheelchair also applies to Wulf.

And vice versa.

Edit:

:wtchris: Did you actually make a 3D model of Gary Oldman to put into that?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yeah, you totally don't care. And no, I won't end behind bars. Sorry Derek but

How are you're multiple lawsuits going right now? And what about the FTC?
No one sued and no one will sue. At least not you.

Please go on.

Required Parachute
Oct 4, 2012

chaosbreather posted:

That script won't be executed at all, no matter how dumb their image poo poo is. It would need some kind of exploit to execute it. Also, it's insanely illegal and easy to trace and you just posted about it here, so you're currently CR level stupid.

It would be stupidly insane for me to - you know, actually try hacking into their server. Posting a silly screenshot of a script (that won't even function on most hosts) is not.

Just going to put this out there - my severely unprofessional opinion - using this site for ANYTHING is a massive security risk, and a loving risk for the owner, jfc. I really kinda feel bad for them.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Hopper posted:

Good good you are hard to please. First you criticize CIG for too little diversity so Sandi has the sl...black employees paraded out, then you complain about exploitation of black employees and now a mixed race Asian-Caucasian gay couple is not good enough either?

gently caress, i dont care, I was just surprised that they have such a 'cozy' workplace environment.
I might apply and get me some :lesnick: lovin'

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Required Parachute posted:

haha, holy poo poo, they didn't even move ssh off of port 22. Aside from other things.

its hosted on digitalocean, a cloud hosting provider. they probably didn't set the server up. and the filesystem would be read-only anyway

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't know what any of that means or does. This is my appropriate response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

Young Freud posted:

:wtchris: Did you actually make a 3D model of Gary Oldman to put into that?

Don't question art.

someone from the GBS thread made it

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Incombibulator posted:

gently caress, i dont care, I was just surprised that they have such a 'cozy' workplace environment.
I might apply and get me some :lesnick: lovin'

Punked! :wink:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

yall seriously gotta quit i cant breathe

Required Parachute
Oct 4, 2012

chaosbreather posted:

its hosted on digitalocean, a cloud hosting provider. they probably didn't set the server up. and the filesystem would be read-only anyway

Still - it's functionally retarded to host a public website, (while expecting a shitton of traffic) without doing some basic security. I mean, they gotta have *some* knowledge of this poo poo if they coded it from scratch.

I can't even call this "The Star Citizen of image hosting sites" . for one - it exists

I mean, come on. Seriously. Reddit. Here.

https://lut.im/
or hell, you fucks have a subreddit dedicated to this sort of poo poo.
https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted/ AND THE TOP RESULT IS FOR THIS SORT OF THING.

Required Parachute fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 29, 2015

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Should I? Shouldn't I?

I don't know what this is, but yes, you should do whatever it is. Godspeed. :patriot:

Required Parachute
Oct 4, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

I don't know what this is, but yes, you should do whatever it is. Godspeed. :patriot:

Yeah no, sorry, I don't need an rear end-ramming in federal prison, thanks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Nice try? Why are we treating this kid like he's mentally handicapped? Like being crippy boy makes him stupid or something. The dude is 19. He's old enough to know better then to be vehemently defending SC. It's a loving game after all. And as far as the calling his parents goes, good. If I had a kid, 19 or not, and found out he was doing this kind of stupidity on the internet I would have a nice chat with him. Sometimes that's needed.

Life dealing you a lovely hand is not an excuse to be a dick. It's not. We're all victims one way or another. And being crippled isn't going to make me any more or less likely to feel sorry for you. You want to be treated equally, fine. That applies in all ways to all people.

I also find it funny that so many are laughing about Dick Wulf or Dolvak being taken down a peg, but the moment a cripple gets attacked we've crossed a line. Bullshit. These loving fanatics act as if they are immune from any and all criticism. Well I say gently caress that. Game on fuckwits.

Don't bring your loving logic, maturity, or morals here, fuckboi.

:commissar:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

what would it do

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The gently caress is this poo poo? You act like internet hacker badass and then step down from it?

Required Parachute
Oct 4, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

what would it do

As written? Nothing. :v:

Proofs~

Skoll posted:

The gently caress is this poo poo? You act like internet hacker badass and then step down from it?

:smug: Goons ruin everything.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

I mean, come on. Seriously. Reddit. Here.
https://lut.im/
or hell, you fucks have a subreddit dedicated to this sort of poo poo.
https://www.reddit.com/r/selfhosted/ AND THE TOP RESULT IS FOR THIS SORT OF THING.
It's even available for forking on Github.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Hey Grand PuDerek!

That kid probably has muscular dystrophy, and a bad case too. He's going to die in his 30's, at best. He probably went through school as the dude everybody rooted for to live a life of independence, approaching adequate (probs won't). He's not "in a wheelchair." His life has been hosed for a long time, and will always suck until he dies an early death.

People give him a pass for a reason. His dad will probably react negatively to your actions.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

As written? Nothing. :v:

Proofs~

:smug: Goons ruin everything.

i assume it deletes something, to answer my own question

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

You need like 200% more legal departments before you can get away with poo poo like that.

Required Parachute
Oct 4, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

i assume it deletes something, to answer my own question

on very old and not secured systems "rm -rf /" could *in theory* delete everything. About the equivalent of "Delete system32" for linux.

These days, it literaly does nothing.

Required Parachute
Oct 4, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

You need like 200% more legal departments before you can get away with poo poo like that.

I'm sorry I'm not Derek Smart.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

He's going to die in his 30's, at best.

he should probably back a game thatll come out while he's still alive imo

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

Why the hell is this nobody more important to waste your precious time on, rather than sayyy CIG? Rather than starting that lawsuit to sue them for hosting, allowing and encouraging this kind of poo poo to go on? Every moment you spend on this cripple, is just giving him more validation (regardless of whether or not he stops, or if your threat of suing him goes through/works). If you go after every single white knight psycho, you'll never get around to actually going after the source of all this rot, which is CIG and the way they treat people.

You DO realize that I, you know, PAY people to DO this work right?

All I did was give an instruction akin to: find and get me all those who fit a certain threshold of cyberharassment & cyberbullying, so I can make an example of them. That's what my blog is about. And that's why I said that we're identifying the ring-leaders and herding them like cattle in this blog (which will have Star Citizen in the name). Some WILL face legal action, others will face a strongly worded legal letter (if you've seen how my attorney smacked Ortwin around, then you get the idea).

It's a process. But these wankers are part of EVERYTHING that's WRONG with Star Citizen and these rear end-clowns who are a blight to it's community.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I doubt he's doing the legal stuff himself. I think he's smart enough to know that he only needs to pay the bills and tell what he is going for.

Yup

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't know what any of that means or does.

It means whoever set that up has no idea what they're doing and they're probably going to crash and burn within a day or so. No need to do anything but wait and crack a beer.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

mormonpartyboat posted:

he should probably back a game thatll come out while he's still alive imo

ice cold

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

You DO realize that I, you know, PAY people to DO this work right?
Why won't you hire Skoll or I?

gently caress you.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

thatguy posted:

gently caress you.

Get him Derek!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

gently caress you.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

G0RF posted:

"It's Pre-Alpha!!!"

So this thread has at least closed beta right?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Raskolnikov posted:

So this thread has at least closed beta right?

No. It's still pre-Alpha-Alpha.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Give me a job, Derek, and you'll be showing that you're pro Crippled and that some of the disabled fight for you.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

this is dumb and you are dumb. jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

gently caress you.

Just move down to Miami and set up a film-noire style private eye business. Sooner or later the troublesome dame that walks into your office will be named Derek Smart.

• Locked thread