Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I'm playing OMPi single player, and I have a really odd glitch going on: items keep rubber-banding when they're in my inventory. Like, I'll put one in my hotbar and take it out, and while the sprite and name will update it'll still be the previous item: torches will place, etc.

The only things I've done differently as of then are:
Using both Forestry and Thermal Expansion backpacks
Using inventory pets
Built two Telepads.

Other than that? Just exploring. Not really sure what this could be - it's not tick lag, and it happens no matter where I am.

turn off auto replenish with inventory tweaks, i found that i would move an item out of the hotbar to have an empty hand to get a Soul Shard out with - and the wrench would pop back into the hotbar on right clicking.(or whatever i just moved out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Is there a way with MFR to regularly farm mushrooms? I remember last time I tried this was in Agrarian Skies almost a year ago. We just set up a bank of AAs adjacent to two rows of mycelium. The opposite row had no AAs, but had mushrooms as a source for generating more of them. I assumed that maybe I could set up a 5x5 ring of mushrooms with a harvester working in the inner 3x3 center. So far, nothing's come out of it. It's completely enclosed in the dark in a 1-block high cavity.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

How feasible is it to use a reactor to run a mining laser, and use the mining laser to fuel the reactor?

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is there a way with MFR to regularly farm mushrooms? I remember last time I tried this was in Agrarian Skies almost a year ago. We just set up a bank of AAs adjacent to two rows of mycelium. The opposite row had no AAs, but had mushrooms as a source for generating more of them. I assumed that maybe I could set up a 5x5 ring of mushrooms with a harvester working in the inner 3x3 center. So far, nothing's come out of it. It's completely enclosed in the dark in a 1-block high cavity.

Mushroom spreading is really limited. A mushroom won't spread if there are 5 others within like 4 blocks.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Nolanar posted:

How feasible is it to use a reactor to run a mining laser, and use the mining laser to fuel the reactor?

You can do it easily if you give the laser mostly yellow laser foci.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Isn't the yellorium focus turquoise? I seem to remember seeing that harvested from the source code.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

GotLag posted:

Isn't the yellorium focus turquoise? I seem to remember seeing that harvested from the source code.

You can check in NEI.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

You can check in NEI.

Really? How? I don't remember seeing anything like this.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Nolanar posted:

Really? How? I don't remember seeing anything like this.

look up yellorium ore and hit the 'R' key, then page through the options until you see the laser drill section

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Nolanar posted:

Mushroom spreading is really limited. A mushroom won't spread if there are 5 others within like 4 blocks.
I should probably just bonemeal them then. I got one mushroom out, but I fear that they grew on the perimeter and blocked me out. I guess I can heavily constrain the 5x5, but then what is the point?

Regarding lasers, it is usually viable if you use fuel focuses on the lasers. Those are green. Blightfall in particular changed this so it is not viable. With a big, super-efficient reactor, you might swing it, but it would require more yellorium then you may ever find.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

MFR mushroom farms are based on growing little mushrooms in to big mushrooms. You need a lot more space than one block high.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Heffer posted:

MFR mushroom farms are based on growing little mushrooms in to big mushrooms. You need a lot more space than one block high.
So is the norm to spray mushrooms with bonemeal?

Side question, is anybody here running modded Minecraft on Linux? Can Technic really support it? I can trust that vanilla is working, but I have misgivings about mods and modloaders doing goofy things like hardcoding paths.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Don't quote me on this, but I think MFR fertilizers can fertilize mushrooms into big ones, using its usual options of bonemeal or composted sewage.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Side question, is anybody here running modded Minecraft on Linux? Can Technic really support it? I can trust that vanilla is working, but I have misgivings about mods and modloaders doing goofy things like hardcoding paths.

Yeah, I play on Linux most of the time. Never had any problems, with any launcher including Technic. These days even the LWJGL crap just works without any tweaking.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Anyone know what's causing all this extra text to show up? It's not NEI, I know that much.

This is the Revolution pack on ATLauncher. It's... honestly kindof bad, but I'm sortof cutting out the bad parts on my own and I can't figure out how to get rid of this, the most obviously terrible part of the pack. Well, actually I guess Iguana Tweaks being broken and refusing to give any of my pickaxes Boost XP is worse, but I could at least fix that.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, by removing Iguanatweaks and building a sewage lake in its honour

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

That is both NEI and not. It is NEI set to display oredict entries, and that item horribly set up with it's oredict entries, IIRC

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Is anyone able to give me a simple explanation of why only about six of the approximately 40 storage buses I've hooked up to my DSUs are working? It seems to be related to the proximity of the DSU's to my ME controller and interface. All I want to do it make every storage bus that is hooked up to the network display.

It's absolutely maddening dealing with this bloated poo poo. AE was fine the way it was.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mr Scumbag posted:

Is anyone able to give me a simple explanation of why only about six of the approximately 40 storage buses I've hooked up to my DSUs are working? It seems to be related to the proximity of the DSU's to my ME controller and interface. All I want to do it make every storage bus that is hooked up to the network display.

It's absolutely maddening dealing with this bloated poo poo. AE was fine the way it was.

you're probably out of channels, you can only hook up 8 to a normal cable before it runs out

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

The easiest solution is to just disable channels in the config, and I'm hard pressed to think of a reason not to.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

Info on channels

The ME controller can handle 32 channels per side using dense cable. I think you still need regular cable to each storage bus, though. So you'll have to run dense cable from two sides of the controller to near where your DSUs are, then run regular cables from the dense cable to the storage buses in groups of 8.

Or just turn off channels like Nolanar said. Personally I like the channels and having to plan ahead for running cables.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Nolanar posted:

The easiest solution is to just disable channels in the config, and I'm hard pressed to think of a reason not to.

I like to work within the restrictions. Gives me something to faff about with that's better than trying to production chain for the n'th time.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Channels are neat cause ME Smart Cables look rad as hell :science:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
On the subject of channels, you can effectively send 256 channels over a regular ME Cable if you use P2P Tunnels (set to ME category) to send the channels. 32 channels per P2P tunnel, so 8*32. They're like little wormholes. Proper use of the P2P Tunnel can practically eliminate all channel issues.

Maiden posted:

That is both NEI and not. It is NEI set to display oredict entries, and that item horribly set up with it's oredict entries, IIRC

I already turned off oredict display in NEI, and the triple text display is on EVERY SINGLE ITEM. Not just that one.

Edit: To verify that it's not NEI, I removed the mod from the pack entirely. The text is still there.
Nor is it WAILA.

Minor progress made: LLibrary adds the dark grey line, and you can't even loving turn it off. Also, all the lines in the screenshot I took are what are called "non-local names", not oredict entries. It's like, debug data.
Further progress: LLibrary itself isn't the problem. If I put it in a different modpack, the extra text doesn't show up. This is strange because if I remove everything else from the mods folder in Revolution, the text still shows up. I found this out by isolating Inventory Tweaks as a second mod I could remove to get rid of another line of text. This was a far more common mod and I didn't remember having this issue in other modpacks so of course I tried checking the config or using a different version, and nothing fixed it, of course.

What the gently caress.

Edit again: VICTORY. It was the "advancedItemTooltips" setting in options.txt in the root directory. I don't know why LLibrary and Invtweaks trigger it to show up more than once. How do you even change this setting ingame? I don't see any way to.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 31, 2015

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Channels aren't a problem in AE2, it's the slow as gently caress inscribing and crystal growth. Having AE2Stuff with it's own growth chambers and advanced inscribers makes it at least tolerable.

But yeah, P2P channels and good cable management is all you need on anything that isn't a basic or mid range setup.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
Inscribers take speed cards now and a 6 CGA system (which completes crystal growth in seconds) isn't hard to set up at all.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Serifina posted:

Inscribers take speed cards now and a 6 CGA system (which completes crystal growth in seconds) isn't hard to set up at all.

Magnet enchantments or baubles make CGA systems blurgh, also ugh to tons of item entities in the world when you're doing a bulk batch of about 5000 crystals or so. Give me the AE2Stuff chamber any day.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CrazyTolradi posted:

Magnet enchantments or baubles make CGA systems blurgh, also ugh to tons of item entities in the world when you're doing a bulk batch of about 5000 crystals or so. Give me the AE2Stuff chamber any day.

do they not have solegnolias where you live or something

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

SugarAddict posted:

Has anyone uploaded "banished" to technic? I will not download the curse launcher.

The minecraft curse client isn't like the wow curse client; it doesn't have any ads and I have had zero issues with it.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

do they not have solegnolias where you live or something

Botania plants in my processing areas would kind of ruin the aesthetic I'm going for in them. Also, I just prefer having crystal growth handled via a machine rather than in the world itself. Growing crystals in water is kinda cool and nifty when first setting up, but I don't really care much for it later on.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CrazyTolradi posted:

Botania plants in my processing areas would kind of ruin the aesthetic I'm going for in them. Also, I just prefer having crystal growth handled via a machine rather than in the world itself. Growing crystals in water is kinda cool and nifty when first setting up, but I don't really care much for it later on.

yeah i like it when things are easier too :yaycloud:

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
If anyone's interested, Thaumcraft released for MC1.8 yesterday. There are a few features not present (mostly the golems, they're apparently getting a full rework again). Don't expect other major mods, though. Hell, looking around I can't hardly find any. If you really like TC, it might be worth it to play, though.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Serifina posted:

If anyone's interested, Thaumcraft released for MC1.8 yesterday. There are a few features not present (mostly the golems, they're apparently getting a full rework again). Don't expect other major mods, though. Hell, looking around I can't hardly find any. If you really like TC, it might be worth it to play, though.

Pretty sure most are just waiting for 1.9 because of the changes due to the modding API that are coming in. I'm guessing the modding API won't exactly be Forge level API stuff, but more like how resource packs are working?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Serifina posted:

(mostly the golems, they're apparently getting a full rework again)

getting pipeified

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

CrazyTolradi posted:

Pretty sure most are just waiting for 1.9 because of the changes due to the modding API that are coming in. I'm guessing the modding API won't exactly be Forge level API stuff, but more like how resource packs are working?

No. The "modding API" isn't happening aaaaaanytime soon. Most didn't want to update to 1.8 due to the massive changes in rendering and data handling for blocks (blockstates over NBT and so on). Ultimately it's supposedly more flexible but it's a massive pain in the dick to update to for any sort of major mod.

1.9 improved it somewhat and reduced the amount of work they'll actually have to do all at once, once they finalize and release it, that is. I just hope the Forge team actually holds on to their drat pants for five minutes this time instead of jumping on 1.9.0 and instead waiting for some of the bugfixes to come out and THEN jumping. (This is also part of the problem that's been going on - Forge initially jumped on 1.7.2, which proved to be a bad idea and ultimately everybody had to update twice to get to 1.7.10, and now Forge is on 1.8.0 which has serious issues - instead of 1.8.8 which fixed most of it.)

Happy Big Fun
Jul 23, 2004
Yay!
In regrowth I wanted to automate coal essence harvesting, but golems were breaking the crop sticks.

Turns out that's a bug and updating agricraft to the latest version fixed it.

Also regrowth has the thaumcraft research minigame disabled. It is awesome.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Happy Big Fun posted:

In regrowth I wanted to automate coal essence harvesting, but golems were breaking the crop sticks.

The new regrowth update has a hilarious bug. In order to turn wheat into wheat flour, you need to use the Botania pestle and mortar. However, the recipe is broken and spawns a duplicate pestle and mortar every time you craft it. I ended up having a pack of 64 of them floating around, being pulled by my magnet ring. I ended up dumping them into my nether portal. Solved!

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Happy Big Fun posted:

The lack of a research minigame means I ran out of aer and ordo research points, along with most of the aspects using one or the other pretty quick. It turns out that aer and ordo, and by extention motus, vacuos, potentia, praecantatio, etc., is kind of important!

Meanwhile I have hundreds of the other primals and literally no way to spend them.

I prefer the minigame, it lets me use the aspects I have poo poo tons of while conserving the ones I'm low on.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 31, 2015

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Has anyone completely revamped their mod as often as Azanor has? I love Thaumcraft (yes, I even enjoy the minigame) but it makes it really annoying to play long-term when every few versions half the stuff is removed and replaced by different stuff meaning I can't just straight update to the newest version in my world.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ambaire posted:

The minecraft curse client isn't like the wow curse client; it doesn't have any ads and I have had zero issues with it.

A day after I posted that I checked the FTB launcher and it's on that. Also holy poo poo is banished so S&M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Serifina posted:

No. The "modding API" isn't happening aaaaaanytime soon. Most didn't want to update to 1.8 due to the massive changes in rendering and data handling for blocks (blockstates over NBT and so on). Ultimately it's supposedly more flexible but it's a massive pain in the dick to update to for any sort of major mod.
Thaumcraft just released for 1.8, watch all of the other modders pile on so they're not outdone.

dijon du jour posted:

Has anyone completely revamped their mod as often as Azanor has? I love Thaumcraft (yes, I even enjoy the minigame) but it makes it really annoying to play long-term when every few versions half the stuff is removed and replaced by different stuff meaning I can't just straight update to the newest version in my world.
Oh, and the 1.8 Thaumcraft release changes a whole bunch of poo poo and golems haven't been ported over yet ...