Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nien posted:

You won't find him here buddy.

What about Christ Roberts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Great Schadenfreude Island is offline. I blame you anger.
________________________/______________________________

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzxY4kiz_lg

This video should be kept up for a few more. New Eden, irrespective, of jump fatigue is still the de facto champ. Sorry if your space pilgrim in a 4wheeler sim ain't doing it. Let's call a truce and say let's take the 125m (sourced from that coke head video) and KickStart a petition to remove CCP Fozzie. (I'm only joking he's awesome)

Also, can we get more video recaps?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wyld posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzxY4kiz_lg

This video should be kept up for a few more. New Eden, irrespective, of jump fatigue is still the de facto champ. Sorry if your space pilgrim in a 4wheeler sim ain't doing it. Let's call a truce and say let's take the 125m (sourced from that coke head video) and KickStart a petition to remove CCP Fozzie. (I'm only joking he's awesome)

Also, can we get more video recaps?

Wtf are you talking about? Who are you people?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
The irony of a fyad being upset over a gif is not lost on me.

CrazyLoon posted:

May I ask where this is from, friend? I promise never to discuss the Great Pumpkin on Something Awful, if you tell me.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=26

Welcome home.

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 29, 2015

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

May I ask where this is from, friend? I promise never to discuss the Great Pumpkin on Something Awful, if you tell me.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Are these FYAD people?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

schtar shicizen

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Imagine mordor populated by tourret's gremlins on ketamine enjoying a sugar rush.

They are like the shock troops of gbs.
the few, the proud, the FYAD.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Kakarot posted:

Are these FYAD people?

No they are just some friendly guys I met at a parade and they came home to have a shower with me.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gwaihir posted:

Bootcha:

e: Also because the old video owns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_NN8XWrHn8

We made some seriously good videos for this not game. Shame. We need to recruit vid nerds for Elite.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

CrazyLoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKanmLGBEJA

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

janssendalt posted:

Some people here spend more time and energy every week on criticizing the people who have put money into the project than the average pledger has put into making the money to pledge for the game

:downsbravo:

Good thing I get to read the thread at work. So I'm getting paid (unlike DickWulf) to poo poo on the moron pedos at reddit.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Wyld posted:

New Eden, irrespective, of jump fatigue is still the de facto champ. Sorry if your space pilgrim in a 4wheeler sim ain't doing it. Let's call a truce and say let's take the 125m (sourced from that coke head video) and KickStart a petition to remove CCP Fozzie. (I'm only joking he's awesome)

EvE Online is a terrible, terrible spaceship game.

There is more of a pulse in a Croberts JPEG than anything CCP will poo poo out in the next decade.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Wtf are you talking about? Who are you people?

He's an EVE nerd that actually pays in-game money to be part of EVE Goons renter program (eg. pays to PVE in a specific area of the map that Goons have influence over).

Jegan Ace posted:

There is more of a pulse in a Croberts JPEG than anything CCP will poo poo out in the next decade.

EVE can be fun, but it is constantly filled with hours of "waiting around" for that fun to either spontaneously occur or organize, neither of which are fun.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 29, 2015

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Unfunny Poster posted:

He's an EVE nerd that actually pays in-game money to be part of EVE Goons renter program (eg. pays to PVE in a specific area of the game).

EVE can be fun, but it is constantly filled with hours of "waiting around" for that fun to either spontaneously occur or organize, neither of which are fun.

lol

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

After spending half a year in Null Sec, mostly touching myself to poo poo happening on another screen - I can confirm your assessment of the game.

Another thing, Drake fleets are loving stupid and that doctrine should have died on arrival.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Cool poo poo.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jegan Ace posted:

After spending half a year in Null Sec, mostly touching myself to poo poo happening on another screen - I can confirm your assessment of the game.

Another thing, Drake fleets are loving stupid and that doctrine should have died on arrival.

Ugh gently caress DBRB. "Hey guys bring Drakes we are most definitely NOT shooting towers" *proceed to shoot towers for hours*

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jegan Ace posted:

I help one of the new player alliances and it's been the most fun I've had in a while, probably because its cheap poo poo and just "gently caress it, let's welp and kill poo poo." That said the organization of stuff is a pain in the dick and is more time consuming than, you know, playing the game.

And yes, drake fleets are aids, but bomber runs wiping them out are amazing :allears:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 29, 2015

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Devian666 posted:

No they are just some friendly guys I met at a parade and they came home to have a shower with me.

wawaweewa

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Jegan Ace posted:

Who said EVE was a space game? Its a submarine game.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Thronde posted:

Ugh gently caress DBRB. "Hey guys bring Drakes we are most definitely NOT shooting towers" *proceed to shoot towers for hours*

Shooting towers with missile boats is bad, worse is using heavy missiles to do it. Unnecessary logistics bullshit.

Malcolm
May 11, 2008
I thought EVE was a spreadsheets game.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malcolm posted:

It is. That said, it's still more of a game than Star Citizen has ever been close to being.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 29, 2015

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Malcolm posted:

its a game some real ponzie mfers have taken other utter retards for considerable monies, and as a medium it owns for that reason

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This thread must have leaked into an EVE goon IRC or something.

:frogout:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Eve and Star Trek Online are both games where the entire metagame is making certain types of player spazz the gently caress out.
Eve manages to take it a step further by allowing idiots to fly around with "plex" (read irl money/time cards) in their ships.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
We've gone full eve. Never go full eve.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Nien posted:

We've gone full eve. Never go full eve.

Full frontal EVE is the best of EVE.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If I had to choose between playing EVE or a machine that just repeatedly punches me in the balls, I'd pick the machine.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I played EvE almost five years ago. Back then - Drake Fleets were awful, and DBRB was still a raging shithead.

~10/24 never forget, latenite crew fo lyfe, gently caress you all I'm moving back to SUBA, SUAS' MACHARIEL~

Oh and Kartoon disbanding Goonfleet is still the best thing that ever happened in that game. The day or so of clusterfuck was amazing.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

EVE is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the Star Citizen's, but that's just peanuts to EVE.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:ohdear: This guy has never run a public image hosting site has he... :ohdear:

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

EVE is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the Star Citizen's, but that's just peanuts to EVE.

I have a feeling the words, "DON'T PANIC" will feature quite heavily as a splash page on the RSI site in the near future.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

OWLS! posted:

I wonder how much goatse that man will see before the day is done.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

I wonder how much goatse that man will see before the day is done.
It's a lot.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

OWLS! posted:

I wonder why no one is helping them archive :nms: :nws: http://www.stileproject.com/videos/abnormalities/ :nms: :nws: with a handy script.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

OWLS! posted:

This is just cover for when they start uploading their own horrifying images its DS and goons uploading it sure. Just like how they blame us for their lovely report bot too. I wonder if they start checking under their pillows every night for DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
Does ne1 have a good felafel recipe???

• Locked thread