Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

It killed all the non dogtag ammo people who tried to go down though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUnCawBYqYA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is it still a good moment to buy this game or is it already dead? I mean, Hardline was released already but I've been completely out of the loop.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Azran posted:

Is it still a good moment to buy this game or is it already dead? I mean, Hardline was released already but I've been completely out of the loop.

It's doing much better than Hardline, by an order of magnitude. Which says more about Hardline, really. We're even getting new content every couple of weeks!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Azran posted:

Depending on where you are in the world its still fairly healthy.

If you do get it you'll probably want to pick up the Premium Edition so you have better servers to play on. While there are still servers running the regular maps a lot of them are those terrible 24/7 Locker/Instant Spawn/Instant Vehicle servers that exist for farming. If you want more regular games you'll find most of those on servers running DLC maps (you can't join maps running DLC maps even if the map its on isn't a DLC map).

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Azran posted:

Definitely the most populated Battlefield game at the moment.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I only have a quick scan of the servers when I queue up for some games but there doesn't seem to be many servers on Rush/Chain Link and stuff, admittedly I haven't got Premium and I'll be picking it up tomorrow on payday.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

I only have a quick scan of the servers when I queue up for some games but there doesn't seem to be many servers on Rush/Chain Link and stuff, admittedly I haven't got Premium and I'll be picking it up tomorrow on payday.

You won't see that, unfortunately (fortunately?). Pretty much every server runs Conquest Large. There are rare Rush servers, or servers with things like Rush and Obliteration in the rotation, but if you don't want to play Conquest you're kind out of luck for the vast majority of the time.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Azran posted:

There's lots of people still playing, but I imagine that won't be the case come the Battlefront 3 release on 17 November.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Wow gently caress me.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bow sucks but I like to pretend I'm a jungle warrior

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

There's lots of people still playing, but I imagine that won't be the case come the Battlefront 3 release on 17 November.

Not sure, what I've seen from the Beta didn't look too amazing, Star Wars IP aside. Plus the fact that to get premium for Battlefront you need to shell out 120 bux all together. Seriously, the Season pass costs as much as a full game, it's crazy. 9 Million players in a free Beta doesn't mean all of them are going to play the game exclusively until BF5/2143 arrives.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Alright then, do we know how much longer the discount will last? There's no convenient timer in the store page.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

You dudes who use shadowplay/edit videos, how do I fix this?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Battlefront is a much more casual game. It won't in any way replace Battlefield for people who have been playing since release and still are.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
new map is p ok i can dig it

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

You dudes who use shadowplay/edit videos, how do I fix this?

Never had this issue, but you could try to set BF4 to borderless fullscreen and Shadowplay to allow desktop capture. Or if you have set it up this way already, do the opposite.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

PittTheElder posted:

There is absolutely no way that Battlefront 3 leeches players from BF4 for more than a few weeks at most.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Woah what the gently caress BF4 why do you expect me to clear the campaign three loving times to unlock some weapons :negative: This isn't going to be a nice experience, is it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Azran posted:

Woah what the gently caress BF4 why do you expect me to clear the campaign three loving times to unlock some weapons :negative: This isn't going to be a nice experience, is it.
I beat the entire campaign and I can confirm it's poo poo, but the second post ITT has a save file that'll let you unlock the weapons fairly fast. You only need to beat the last mission three times and the save file has that mission.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I beat the entire campaign and I can confirm it's poo poo, but the second post ITT has a save file that'll let you unlock the weapons fairly fast. You only need to beat the last mission three times and the save file has that mission.

Correction: you only need to beat it once.

That last mission was my only experience with BF4 SP and I was shocked to see how garbage it was. I only played the first couple missions of BF3 but I stopped because they were boring, not broken. It's weird, I remember Bad Company 2's campaign as unremarkable but competent and fairly enjoyable, so what the hell happened?

Mordja fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 29, 2015

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Azran posted:

Get a save game and do the last mission once. It might take a little while for them to show up in battlelog.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Azran posted:

The SAW is pretty good but effectively identical to the MG4, the P90 is aggressively mediocre and the QB-whatever assault rifle is straight up bad. So you're not missing much.

And yeah, the SP is very, very bad. BF3 was Call of Duty 4-levels of decent-ish, but BF4 is just laughably bad. It just feels lifeless and uninspired.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ArchangeI posted:

The SAW is pretty good but effectively identical to the MG4, the P90 is aggressively mediocre and the QB-whatever assault rifle is straight up bad. So you're not missing much.

And yeah, the SP is very, very bad. BF3 was Call of Duty 4-levels of decent-ish, but BF4 is just laughably bad. It just feels lifeless and uninspired.

BF3's campaign wasn't even CoD Ghosts level of good.

No, not even the levels with Dima.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Azran posted:

Well, what might make you feel better is that you only have to beat the last mission 3 times, not the whole campaign. Still awful, but much less awful than replaying the entire campaign.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
I can't stand the FOV for the single player BF4 campaign. It makes me nauseous to the point of having to quit after 5-10 minutes. Is there any way to change that?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

INTJ Mastermind posted:

I can't stand the FOV for the single player BF4 campaign. It makes me nauseous to the point of having to quit after 5-10 minutes. Is there any way to change that?

FlawlessWidescreen works.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So I don't own Premium BF4, but with it being 40% off I was gonna pick it up but I do own Digi Deluxe. Is there a way to upgrade to it and save some money or do I have to just return one for the other?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Flipswitch posted:

So I don't own Premium BF4, but with it being 40% off I was gonna pick it up but I do own Digi Deluxe. Is there a way to upgrade to it and save some money or do I have to just return one for the other?

Pretty sure digital deluxe is just the preorder, which means you got China Rising for free. There used to be a thing where it discounted premium if you owned DLC, that might have been for BF3/discontinued/doesn't work on other discounts. AFAIK it was automatic in Origin.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, by the looks of it I think it's discounting it down for me already but it looks like Origin considers them seperate purchases for the games tab (which sort of makes sense), a quick google doesn't really give me much information but I think it's the case.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Kibayasu posted:

BF3's campaign wasn't even CoD Ghosts level of good.

No, not even the levels with Dima.
The Russian missions, first contact, the night sniping mission, and the coop russian mission were all better than any COD missions.

Bank was okay.

Everything else was worse than ghosts.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Azran posted:

None of the weapons are worth it, don't do it.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The AR sucks, but the M249 and P90 are both bullethoses and I go on many killstreaks with them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The M249 is a legit good gun and saying that it isn't worth getting a save and playing the last mission at least once then you don't deserve to play support :colbert:

(just kidding but it's still one of the best LMGs so get it)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So uh, where's Battlefield 4\settings? I tried to follow the path (Goes in C:\Users\*your name*\Documents) mentioned in the OP but there's nothing in Documents.

Also, it seems I can't join most servers unless I have the free Operations DLC. Yet pressing the "Get it Now!" button leads me to a blank screen?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Azran posted:

Also, it seems I can't join most servers unless I have the free Operations DLC. Yet pressing the "Get it Now!" button leads me to a blank screen?

Do a search for it in the Origin client store, add it to your cart and purchase it (it's $0.00).

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Guillermus posted:

The M249 is a legit good gun and saying that it isn't worth getting a save and playing the last mission at least once then you don't deserve to play support :colbert:

(just kidding but it's still one of the best LMGs so get it)

It's also worth pointing out that unlocking the M249 through the campaign means you have a good LMG available to you immediately, and don't have to mess with bad ones to get to the MG4.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Dillbag posted:

Do a search for it in the Origin client store, add it to your cart and purchase it (it's $0.00).

Ah, that worked. Thanks.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Backhand posted:

It's also worth pointing out that unlocking the M249 through the campaign means you have a good LMG available to you immediately, and don't have to mess with bad ones to get to the MG4.

Rpk*

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The P90 looks cool and it's a fun gun to use. It was the first gun I unlocked everything for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The first LMG, the U-100 Mk5, is amazing because it basically has no recoil and can hit enemies up to DMR ranges.

Also are the AN-94, L86, GROZA-1 and GROZA-4 automatically unlocked for new players? Because those are all good weapons too.

• Locked thread