Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Agrajag posted:

omg CHARGEBACK how many times do we have to say this?

:gary: :gizz:

It's not through paypal and I don't think my bank is going to take an almost 3 year old chargeback seriously, besides I'm not gonna be in Denmark for another two months anyway to do the paperwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Demiurge4 posted:

So I haven't gotten my money yet and when I emailed to complain I got an automated email which means my old ticket was closed. It wasn't paid for through paypal so how do I get the Derek in on this? My refund was supposedly actioned on October 6th.

You don't, talk to Paypal.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Good Dumplings posted:

How to Make :gary:

Ingredients:
  • 90 million USD
  • 100 VFX artists
  • 1 :reddit:

Instructions:
  • Take 90 million USD. Set aside $81 million for later.
  • Using a CEO, mix remaining $9 million and VFX artists in an overpriced office.
  • Place :reddit: just outside office.
  • Bring office to boil for 1 year, poking mixture with executive board weekly.
  • Abruptly remove heat and add :reddit: to office.
  • Stir mixture with :lesnick: for three months.
  • Discard :reddit: and pour result into convention center. Garnish with unused Concorde.

Serves and disappoints 1 million users; they'll eat it anyway.

Tastes perfect! This is what endless iteration shitposting gets you goons.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Agrajag posted:

omg CHARGEBACK how many times do we have to say this?

:gary: :gizz:

Maybe the "REFUND" gif needs to be changed to "CHARGEBACK"

Demiurge4 posted:

It's not through paypal and I don't think my bank is going to take an almost 3 year old chargeback seriously, besides I'm not gonna be in Denmark for another two months anyway to do the paperwork.

The first guy you talk to won't be able to help you, but that's what he's supposed to say. Ask to escalate, and explain to them the situation.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Demiurge4 posted:

most banks will if you explain the situation to them

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chalks posted:

Banning everyone who hasn't pledged is also a good idea is it will actively prevent people from being ripped off.

:bravo:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its funny imagining derek going through our emote list after finding a funny post

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Star citizens are under the illusion that everybody on the planet wants to play this stargame and spending upwards of 600 million on development will pay off.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Frankfurt's new office is bigger. As will Santa Monica's be.

Doesn't exactly seem like a company running on vapor fumes, Derek. How sure are you about a company out of cash in Q1?

The Santa Monica move was already in the works. I tweeted about it weeks ago. The new office is the one with the $20K cappuccino machine and which was halted due to a dispute with the contractor.

Frankfurt (CryTek guys) is working with Foundry 42 (SQ42) to get SQ42 out the door asap.

They are doing a major downsizing of Austin to save costs. It's cheaper in Germany than it is in the US. Plus that's where they can get more CryTek guys.

Getting a larger office space is meaningless and has no bearing on their ability to complete and ship a game.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sometimes we all need a little :gary: time to ourselves...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

its funny imagining derek going through our emote list after finding a funny post

Yup. You guys are freaking amazing. I actually save the best ones in my favorite clipboard manager :)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Sandi and Ben and several others were in Austin recently if I remember that bar meetup announcement correctly. Wonder what they were doing when they weren't drinking.

Edit: Wrong. Coming to Austin soon.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 29, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

D_Smart posted:

Yup. You guys are freaking amazing. I actually save the best ones in my favorite clipboard manager :)

:allears:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
:gary::lesnick:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Getting a larger office space is meaningless and has no bearing on their ability to complete and ship a game.
Coming from you that means a lo :gary:

Lookit him go!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:gary::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

G0RF posted:

Yeah-- Frontier has pretty much done the exact opposite of CIG at nearly every step. The game isn't perfect but it's getting better at such an impressive (and quiet) pace. Meanwhile CIG can't shut up about what is coming yet delivers mediocrity in small portions so very, very slowly.

One day, I hope RedLetterMedia will give us the After Action report on this gigantic mess. Because dammit, the very best thing that came out of the prequels was his 8 hour takedown of them.

And Chris Roberts could one day star in a scene very much like this one

I'm watching the CCP Livestream and they've been talking about all sorts of stuff related to the game design changes, in-game events, and backend stuff on top of player gatherings.

Frontier's streams are always similar in that they have poo poo to talk about where as CIG just find new ways to talk about "it's being worked on but no idea when it'll be released" for two years straight.

I don't think RLM will do the video, but Jack & Ritch do Previously Recorded so they'll probably do something on it.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
gently caress it. :bandwagon:

:gary:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

turnover the clipboard manager

this is a lawyer.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

joats posted:

gently caress it. :bandwagon:

:gary:

:bandwagon:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:gary::pgi:

:gary::parrot:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm watching the CCP Livestream and they've been talking about all sorts of stuff related to the game design changes, in-game events, and backend stuff on top of player gatherings.

Frontier's streams are always similar in that they have poo poo to talk about where as CIG just find new ways to talk about "it's being worked on but no idea when it'll be released" for two years straight.

I don't think RLM will do the video, but Jack & Ritch do Previously Recorded so they'll probably do something on it.

well run companies have a road map whereas CIG wings it.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Omi-Polari posted:

Sandi and Ben and several others were in Austin recently if I remember that bar meetup announcement correctly. Wonder what they were doing when they weren't drinking.
That's on November 8th, actually.

I hope Bootcha shows up and makes it really awkward.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

G0RF posted:

That's on November 8th, actually.

I hope Bootcha shows up and makes it really awkward.
Bootcha are you going to Citcon 2016 in LA? Let's get drinks and laugh at whales!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
:gary::derp:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:gary::lron:

Okay I am done phew shitposting is hard work.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:gary::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse:

:gary::margeball:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
And oldie but goodie. Watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHBOWPLpXrs

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

:gary::wom:
:gary::roflolmao:

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Omi-Polari posted:

Edit: Wrong. Coming to Austin soon.

Sandi will probably burn the office down. I hope the employees are actually allowed to leave beforehand though

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

wyoak posted:

Is Smart suing goons yet or is that still to come?

Some time in the distant future Dr. Smart will have sued everyone and all that that remains for Herr Doktor is to sue himself. On that day, the four horsemen will gallop out of the heavens and all will know that the :gary: Paaaaarp has begun.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

You magnificent bastard!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ether posted:

I might have discovered the pre-pre-pre-pre alpha of squadron 42's final level.

http://paaarrrppp.itch.io/squadron-42-final-mission?secret=jezANogqHqXujZ57aHsiEcWbJ7g

(W and S to move the ship, space to shoot)

edit: arrows instead of W/S evidently.

Holy gently caress star citizen finally came out!!!!!!

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
:gary: :taco:

My dreams of flying a space taco truck will never come to fruition, so this is the closest I'll get. :sigh:

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?
:gary: is the best thing since :lesnick:.

What's next?

:crocaine: ?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

6:12 really feels like CIG on both counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

for really reals?

are they gonna get dsmart on it too?

WHEN IS THE SHOW

Everyone is trying to bite my style now, huh?

Saturdays Noon Eastern... no idea what we're going to talk about this weekend.

• Locked thread