Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

That's mine.

:colbert:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
Sandy enjoyed this.
https://youtu.be/p-mifFQpeiw?t=40m34s

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

I don't :gary: it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lol

I get it.

Also this is so wasteful and pointless: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08...aves-over-time/

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

That haircut really highlights how fat he is.

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015
Working on part 2 now which is going to be a parody of Sandi Oscar speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhOYS3vgUg

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sedisp posted:

That haircut really highlights how fat he is.

ewbenno.jpg

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

RunAndGun posted:

Another refund story:

I'm at the give-us-info-then-we'll-transfer-you-to-a-refund-person step. I first put in this ticket Oct 3rd, so... I don't know what their criteria for refunding/not refunding is, but apparently I failed it, since CIG hasn't updated my ticket for... two weeks. So I called my bank for a full chargeback a few days ago. (But today I read in this thread people waiting 33+ days for a refund. Oh well, too late now.) I'm assuming CIG's payment processor has informed them by now. I wonder if that will wake them up.

I think a CHARGEBACK.gif is needed, along with the REFUND one. At this point, for people who are just now trying to get out, I would say to start with a refund, wait TWO WEEKS, then go for the chargeback. Waiting a month or more is bullshit.

Most of mine were done via Amazon payments (CC -> Amazon -> CIG -> cocaine).

I know I can get a chargeback for the missing 1/3 of my refund but it'll gently caress me over with Amazon. And I still like Amazon so

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lmao, show a game journalist who knows absolutely nothing about the technological side of game design a scene with a static model standing in a hangar running on a custom rig and he starts foaming at the mouth that it's the best game he's ever seen, omg guys seriously. Did he ever even run one of many graphics benchmark programs before? Which by the way normally have more actual gameplay than SC has ever shown.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

D_Smart posted:

The Santa Monica move was already in the works. I tweeted about it weeks ago. The new office is the one with the $20K cappuccino machine and which was halted due to a dispute with the contractor.

Frankfurt (CryTek guys) is working with Foundry 42 (SQ42) to get SQ42 out the door asap.

They are doing a major downsizing of Austin to save costs. It's cheaper in Germany than it is in the US. Plus that's where they can get more CryTek guys.

Getting a larger office space is meaningless and has no bearing on their ability to complete and ship a game.

Interestingly enough there is an inverse relationship between office space they have and their productivity.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

OhDearGodNo posted:

Most of mine were done via Amazon payments (CC -> Amazon -> CIG -> cocaine).

I know I can get a chargeback for the missing 1/3 of my refund but it'll gently caress me over with Amazon. And I still like Amazon so

Have you tried talking to Amazon yet? It might not do anything but if enough people complain about nonshipment they'll probably blacklist CIG, same as the chargebacks would

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Palpek posted:

Lmao, show a game journalist who knows absolutely nothing about the technological side of game design a scene with a static model standing in a hangar running on a custom rig and he starts foaming at the mouth that it's the best game he's ever seen, omg guys seriously. Did he ever even run one of many graphics benchmark programs before? Which by the way normally have more actual gameplay than SC has ever shown.

if the honeymoon period between game journalists and games is "the e3 prerendered 'demo' that's all in engine guys we swear" through "hey we released a game, 1080x720 30fps max and it looks like trash", obviously SC will be a literal neverending honeymoon period

hell, there were still people talking about how great DNF was going to be up to the point it actually literally released

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
imgur saves the day!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:gary:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SneakyFrog posted:

any time we hit the peak.. there is more.

ahem

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

they dub it Stargur unironically :yikes:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 29, 2015

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
are the cult people melting down over parpgate? I want it to be a thing but not a forced thing obvi but wanting it to be a thing makes it forced so i am in quite the conundrum

also calling it parpgate :suicide:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

got the same reply-ish; forwarded a list of 50 still-down images from the front page :gary:

Lastgirl posted:

are the cult people melting down over parpgate? I want it to be a thing but not a forced thing obvi but wanting it to be a thing makes it forced so i am in quite the conundrum

parp is already a thing, it remains to be seen what happens when :gary: himself gets wind of it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Lastgirl posted:

dunno.. we havent had anyone coming in from reddit or 4chan lately tell us how loving normie we are for the past day or so, just the usual dicks. but you know...

reddit is always archiving.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Getting a :gary: in before we've moved on to the next ridiculous thing

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SneakyFrog posted:

dunno.. we havent had anyone coming in from reddit or 4chan lately tell us how loving normie we are for the past day or so, just the usual dicks. but you know...

reddit is always archiving.

reddit always archiving makes me feel like they're dweeby aspie librarians who sift through irrelevant information and store them regardless while people just do their thing and not care. Like some kind of cyber data weavers, scrying through the data stream as they would probably imagine themselves being/doing, making pew pew'ing and hyperspace humming sounds while clicking submit.

:gary: archive this reddit

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Autism.gif

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Lastgirl posted:

reddit always archiving makes me feel like they're dweeby aspie librarians who sift through irrelevant information and store them regardless while people just do their thing and not care. Like some kind of cyber data weavers, scrying through the data stream as they would probably imagine themselves being/doing, making pew pew'ing and hyperspace humming sounds while clicking submit.

:gary: archive this reddit

its still creepy seeing it.

hey reddit :gary: this

PAAAAAAAAAARP

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

That. Is. AMAZEB-- PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

His head is huge I can't get over it.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Going to be funny when whatever idiot reddior keeps running his report bot.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah well at least he's funny while you're just a moron that continues to post in a community you obviously don't enjoy for ELEVEN loving YEARS and regularly goes off on how everyone else is beneath you.

:frogout:

Just a rumor, but these handsome sweet dudes will be endorsing this 2016 hotness. And they collectively cover all the gay characters in a cook book from the mind of Ramsay and Roberts. Ramsay is, like a Greek manly myth also into just frottage with youngly men.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
:gary::flaccid:

PAAAAAAAAAAARP!

:gary::rubshands:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Everyone is trying to bite my style now, huh?

Saturdays Noon Eastern... no idea what we're going to talk about this weekend.

You know what you can talk about.

PAAAAAAAAAARRRRRPPPPP

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

alphabettitouretti posted:

You know what you can talk about.

PAAAAAAAAAARRRRRPPPPP

it would be a great topic

you could make the sound all the hip folks are writing about.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:gary: Gary PAAAAAAARPman

if he died suddenly, would he be known for Zorg, Gordon or now PAAAAAAAAAARP?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
:gary::chloe:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone linked this: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15031-Star-Citizen-Alpha-20-Flight-Model-Changes

quote:

SCM Mode

Once you’ve cleared any nearby objects and have come up to speed you’ll want to switch into Space Combat Maneuvering mode. SCM is one of the biggest changes to the flight control system, but on the surface it closely mimics the current flight mechanics that you may already be used to in Arena Commander. The real power of SCM mode is that maximum velocity is a now dynamically calculated as a function of force and mass: F/m * T = SCM Max Velocity – this means anything that any changes to the acceleration of the ship (such as loadout changes, picking up cargo etc) will impact the maximum SCM speed. We’ve incorporated the SCM calculation in such a way that it is your ability to brake to 0 on any turning axis (x or z) that determines the top speed your ship is allowed to fly. This means that upgrading the ships maneuvering thrusters generally results in a higher max velocity being allowed by IFCS. Further, this speed is determined by the strongest turning axis of the ship, meaning the best drift control will be achieved by turning on the strong axis, rather than the weak axis. Each ship has a different configuration of strong and weak axes and its up to the pilot to learn them and fly to their strengths.

Huh. Could be cool. Sounds familiar though.

:gary: https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ly-you-can-stop

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

:gary: Gary PAAAAAAARPman

if he died suddenly, would he be known for Zorg, Gordon or now PAAAAAAAAAARP?

Not quite. It also be Sid Vicious and "EVERYONNNNEEEE!"

Or that time he played a black pimp or a dwarf.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its really hard not to think :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP

my girlfriend and i attempted to watch the dark knight and i think i laughed at least three times out loud thinking PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:gary: EVERRRRRRRYYYYPAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRP

• Locked thread