Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
:gary::20bux::10bux:

:gary::aslol:

:gary::camera6:

:gary::ccb:

:gary::chillpill:

:gary::fag:

:gary::hellyeah:

:gary::horse:

:gary::pipe:

:gary::shroom:

:gary::taco:

:gary::weed:

:gary::wrong:

That should do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What? Is there a limit for emoticons per post?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Paladinus posted:

What? Is there a limit for emoticons per post?

yes.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

RunAndGun posted:

Another refund story:

I'm at the give-us-info-then-we'll-transfer-you-to-a-refund-person step. I first put in this ticket Oct 3rd, so... I don't know what their criteria for refunding/not refunding is, but apparently I failed it, since CIG hasn't updated my ticket for... two weeks. So I called my bank for a full chargeback a few days ago. (But today I read in this thread people waiting 33+ days for a refund. Oh well, too late now.) I'm assuming CIG's payment processor has informed them by now. I wonder if that will wake them up.

I think a CHARGEBACK.gif is needed, along with the REFUND one. At this point, for people who are just now trying to get out, I would say to start with a refund, wait TWO WEEKS, then go for the chargeback. Waiting a month or more is bullshit.

It had been about 2 weeks since I last heard from them and was about to add a note to my ticket when the support person emailed me last night to ask me to clarify what I wanted.

quote:

Sorry for the delay. In order to move forward with the request as quickly as possible I just need to gather some information from you. Can you please confirm as much as you can of the following information regarding your refund request:

- Confirm that you accept that partial refunds are not possible - A successful refund request will result in a permanent and full account closure
- The total amount you anticipate
- Your current PayPal e-mail address

Generally, we don't offer refunds outside of the initial 14-day or such longer grace period as required by applicable local regulations. Having said that, I am not dismissing your refund query as we like to consider each request on a case-by-case basis.
I quickly responded that I understood a partial refund was not possible and that my account would be closed. I anticipated $40 back and gave them my PayPal address.

This morning I received an email with this:

quote:

Thank you for your patience thus far. I am happy to confirm that I have actioned the refund for $40.00 via PayPal. This can take 5-10 working days for the funds to appear. Should you have any further questions or concerns let me know.

As this was a complete refund your account has been permanently de-activated. Should you wish to return in the future you can create a new account with the same details.

Hopefully it will hit my PayPal sooner than later.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
HEYYYY PAAAAAAAAAARRRRPY :gary:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
This game looks so fake.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:gary::wrong: works super well

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Derek paarp

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Well clearly this thread has gone nowhere.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I hope it's never going anywhere.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
PAAARPFICTION :gary:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Yeah I'm disappointed. The flight model stuff looks pretty cool.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Archive this, redditor :smugbert:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's amazing right. Those Newtonian physics are top notch.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

What the gently caress is "The talk show at the end of the universe" supposed to even mean? I know it's supposed to be a reference but it doesn't even make sense in that context.

They're literally just throwing every space nerd meme against a wall and hoping it sticks aren't they

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

You just got out of this scam. AND they stole your ideas.

Seriously?

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

Archive this, redditor :smugbert:

Hope I'm not the predator, I mean redditor in question. Cause pretty sure they didn't like the nice little tear down of the letter that was posted. Either way.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Derek do a paaarrrrp.

This is a lawyer.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:gary::fh:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
derek what is your favorite paaaaarp

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
:gary::kingsley:

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Eonwe posted:

i almost did the gas emote but I remembered the rule that in games if you use it and the thread doesnt get gassed then you get a day probation

I actually did not know this. Eonwe saving the day itt.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
:gary::tutbutt:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sankis posted:

What the gently caress is "The talk show at the end of the universe" supposed to even mean? I know it's supposed to be a reference but it doesn't even make sense in that context.

They're literally just throwing every space nerd meme against a wall and hoping it sticks aren't they

HEH 42 EPIC BUY OUR poo poo

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

HEH 42 EPIC BUY OUR poo poo

ITS A SALE SO BUY ALREADY!

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
:gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary:

:gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary::gary:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

now combine it with yarg to make a :pcgaming:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

WW2 turn fighting. Also there are turreted ships and lock ons.

This is going to be fantastically broken.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I didn't know he had a lovely eye. Must be hard to play a space game with no depth perception.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

A RSI forum poster named Nebohtes made a series of videos some time back regarding modularity and how mass distribution should shape maneuverability and the IFCS speed cap. It's an interesting series of videos that still seems relevant even with the latest direction CIG seems to be taking with the flight model. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orwhe9nZJuM Skip to 5:14 if you want to see the breakdown. If they don't gently caress it up and end up implementing something like this, I'd be pretty jazzed.

Unrelated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42KCDCuIuc4 Why isn't everyone flying like this?

danmckechnie
Oct 12, 2010

obsessive compulsive, relentless, insulting;
offensive like feeding a vegan some dolphin.
gosh, this thread has been a hell of a ride. These people are intense. Oh Dsmart, always thought BC3000 was a great idea and that you were a cool guy for making it free. I attempted to play it on some old rig in my teen years when it was on the cover disc of an Australian game mag but it ran like a slide show so I never did get a good crack at it, still, free = cool guy. Just bought rebel galaxy on recommendation, while it installs I'll drop some flavourbombs on ya'll... that is, if it's still ok to post recipes.

Easy chicken / beef tomato stroganoff
take two onions, dice and fry in butter until they begin to brown. Add 500g of lean beef strips or chicken thigh fillets cut into strips and 250g of fresh sliced button mushrooms, cook till the chicken has no visible raw bits, stirring often . add a 400g can of tomato soup, 400g of tomato paste and a 400g can of mushrooms in butter sauce. stir for maybe 5 minutes and then remove from the heat and let cool slightly. add a small container (300g?) of sour cream and stir till incorporated, then return to the heat and stir until the sauce simmers. serve over steamed or boiled rice, feeds 5

Creamy prawn Bisque
Peel (and devein if you want) 500g of prawns (I think they call them shrimp in the US?) reserving the heads and shells.melt 60g of butter and fry the shells and heads for 5 minutes, crushing them a bit with a wooden spoon or similar. Add two tbsp of plain flour, 2 liters of fish stock and a tsp of paprika. incorporate the ingredient then simmer, covered on low heat for ten minutes. strain the mixture thru a fine sieve into a bowl and return it to the saucepan, discarding the heads and shells. Add the prawns, cook for 5 minutes, allow to cool slightly and then blend or food process in two or three batches. return to the saucepan, add 1 cup of cream and 1/3 of a cup of dry sherry, heat to a simmer, add salt and pepper to taste. be careful not to over salt. serve topped with a swirl of cream and a sprinkle of paprika, with warm crusty bread. This one is good.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

4 years later, something as basic as the flight model nowhere close to nailed down, citizens cheer.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
:gary:http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sedisp posted:

WW2 turn fighting. Also there are turreted ships and lock ons.

This is going to be fantastically broken.

Don't forget the realistic physics too! It's fine I'm sure it will all turn out okay. :psyduck:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

danmckechnie posted:

that is, if it's still ok to post recipes.

1. its always okay to post recipes in here if i have any say
2. those sound very good

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

:gary:Happy little trePAAAAAAAAARP! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice