Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I really like that when you clotheline a dude near the ropes they go over the ropes. Or that when you irish whip a guy and theres no end point for them to hit they fall down rather than just randomly stop running. There are a lot of little improvements like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think that the game almost certainly took a gigantic step forward this year, I don't regret my purchase at all. I mean, the changes to MyCareer mode show that 2k absolutely listened and basically scrapped the old iteration entirely in favor of something good.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

simosimo posted:

Got the game a day early [UK] and love the little improvements. There are lots of little improvements accross the board, even though models are funny looking the graphics overall have improved. Especially ringside, the runway barricades had lots of nice little wires modelled, and everything have a nice high rez texture. This looks really good when you're fighting outside. I also love that you can run inside/outside the ring while holding a chair again, hooray.

So far so good, chair shots feel great and it feels really polished overall.

One thing, I can't seem to get boots on both entrance/wrestling attire. Only one, so my guy has no boots during his entrance :|

I was having the same problem with the clothing in creation. You can fix it by going to the "Edit Layers" section, then when you select a garment, there should be two boxes: Entrance & Wrestling. Press X over the boxes until both are highlighted, then back out.

Davros1 posted:

Have the PS3 version, and noticed a few things (keep in mind I never touched 2K15):

For the Universe mode, it looks like they just kept last years. There's still brands and rosters, not shows. They don't have the personality traits that the PS4 version boasts about having, but there's the option to choose what story lines you want to play through for rivalries.

Got a laugh out of this: in the PS3 version, you can book title matches in Universe mode. Guess that was only in the next gen version.

Entrances are gutted. There are 3 generic tag entrances, and I think maybe 2 single ones

The attacking before a match is a next gen exclusive, I guess. *shrugs*

CAW tools are the same as 2K14, so no weird face morphing. On the other hand, it's going to be real easy for me to recreate a bunch of my CAWs from 2K14 (except, of course, for the whole entrance thing).

The call names for CAWs is now limited to "nickname, first name, last name".

Played a match with my tag partner as my manager, and Lillian announced it as "Accompanied to the ring by Partner 2, from hometown, Partner 1, with Partner 2!"

Yeah, they aren't updating the core game at all for older consoles. So outside of updating the roster and adding Austin's career stuff, it is the exact same base game from 2 years ago. You are missing out on alot of new gameplay mechanics and other stuff.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Currently downloading this. Originally wasn't, but Derek Smart came to me in a dream last night and told me to avoid it so I took that as a sign. Also, it seems pretty good this year.

Anyway, have they fixed server speeds for finding and downloading CAWS and such since the PS3+360 era? I think 2014 was the last one I played and it was horrendous.

Also, someone please post more funny CAWs. Wanna play as Bog How.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Lodin posted:

Currently downloading this. Originally wasn't, but Derek Smart came to me in a dream last night and told me to avoid it so I took that as a sign. Also, it seems pretty good this year.

Anyway, have they fixed server speeds for finding and downloading CAWS and such since the PS3+360 era? I think 2014 was the last one I played and it was horrendous.

Also, someone please post more funny CAWs. Wanna play as Bog How.

It's still slow in the search, but the download feels faster (I don't know if it is though)

Another cool feature is in the online mode, you can just "practice" with an AI character before the match itself so you don't have to sit around.

However, there is no way of disabling microphone unless you physically go into the ps/xb settings.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I have put an updated rainbow and tiger stripe NXT Asuka on the PS4. I think its pretty good, I ran into part limits again, so that is going to continue to be an issue where clothes need be replicated with textures. One of the major limits on the next gen is that the body morphing is missing some key areas that really help make a wrestler look like themselves. No neck length, no leg length, no ability to really get the body right for the wrestler. Still worth moving up in consoles for the game-play though, as it is far more interesting than last gen.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
https://youtu.be/plxic_OUOwA
Please say that Shamrock has his ring gear and this an alt attire?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

MisterGBH posted:

https://youtu.be/plxic_OUOwA
Please say that Shamrock has his ring gear and this an alt attire?

I can confirm that to be the case.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rowdy Ringsports Games Thread: Lets talk about Tyler Breeze

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Tyler Breeze's opinion on 2k16's next-gen graphics?

"Super good looking..."

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

If anyone wants to add me on ps4, my gamertag is Havoc904.

I generally try to make lesser known people and comic characters. Last year I had the Mountie and Viscera CAWs that came out pretty good, a long with a Guy Gardner with 4 different outfits.

With the head morphing, I am probably going to make Pops from Regular Show in the next day or two. So if you want Pops (and his arch nemesis Hugehead) to show up in your story mode, shoot me a friend request!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Can you do multiple costume edits for CAWs? I'm working on Owen Hart in black gear right now, but is it possible to make an alternate pink outfit or even a blue blazer outfit without using another save slot?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Does the Royal Rumble show entrances?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
is there any reliable way to pull off Ambrose's rebound lariat? I'm almost never stunned against the ropes, let alone during the Signature timeframe.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Can you do multiple costume edits for CAWs? I'm working on Owen Hart in black gear right now, but is it possible to make an alternate pink outfit or even a blue blazer outfit without using another save slot?
Not anymore, I think all alt attires take up a CAW slot. But tbf a Universe show can only reasonably accommodate maybe 20 active roster members so if you're playing for that mode you can basically fill the week and still have enough CAW slots left for a few alt attires.

I'm really liking the reversal system, it's pretty subtle but it adds a tactical consideration and really does encourage slowing your offense down - if you get reversed you typically need to pull off your own reversal to get back on the front foot, so if you're the first guy caught without any in the tank your opponent has a good 15 second window where they can get as much offense in as they please. It's also really nice to get an opponent down to no reversals when you want to do something like a superplex, which in previous games would entail getting past 3 or 4 distinct opportunities for reversal in order to pull it off.

I'm finding that the matches are coming out pretty evenly in terms of where health and stamina are between workers at any given time, and if the reversal system doesn't break in any obvious way it could stay that way, which is nice considering how previous games would end up with my guy still in the green when getting the pin. But I haven't really played outside of MyCareer so maybe it's different when you're not playing with a scrub.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Everything about making the Wyatts a three man on the PS4 is broken. You cant change the trio entrance slots, so either Bray has to be part of the tag team, or he takes Harper or Rowans place in the entrance.

The Wyatt entrance movie still has music and the stinger attached to it in the entrance creation area, but the music that plays is whatever entrance music played last in game, so I was somewhat confused to hear "Duh... Lucha lucha lucha", but it doesn't matter because it doesn't play at all when actually entering in game, so you do need to apply Bray's music to get it to play, and you still don't get the "duh" stinger.

Last when finishing a six man tag, they had an animation where they did the whole sacrifice unto the buzzards thing they did, but there was no one in the ring with them, so Bray proceeded to sister Abigail a ghost.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Havoc904 posted:

Yeah, they aren't updating the core game at all for older consoles. So outside of updating the roster and adding Austin's career stuff, it is the exact same base game from 2 years ago. You are missing out on alot of new gameplay mechanics and other stuff.

Actually, I was on the fence regarding the new gameplay mechanics. I'm in the minority, but I prefer button mashing on submissions than whatever that new thing was supposed to be. And I hated the idea of limited reversals. So that's a win for me.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Actually, I was on the fence regarding the new gameplay mechanics. I'm in the minority, but I prefer button mashing on submissions than whatever that new thing was supposed to be. And I hated the idea of limited reversals. So that's a win for me.

I would definitely give the new mechanics a shot whenever you do upgrade consoles. I owned both 360 and ps4 versions last year and played the 360 version more just because the ps4 felt incomplete.

The reversal change really adds a whole new dynamic to strategy, I love it. Its nice not having a hoss match become a reversal fest. Plus there are alot more reversal animations, so it is nice not to have every DDT attempt get revered into a russian leg sweep or armbreaker.

I also wouldn't put too much into all the bitching about the submission system. The system is pretty easy when you realize you don't need to rotate the pad, just flick it in a different direction.

Of course, if you are happy with the system from WWE 14, then no reason to change it.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

is there any reliable way to pull off Ambrose's rebound lariat? I'm almost never stunned against the ropes, let alone during the Signature timeframe.

I thought the rebound lariat required your opponent to be stunned against the ropes? If so, just grapple them with "x" and then hold down R2 & L2 at the same time, then you can drag them across the ring and prop them against the ropes.

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014

remusclaw posted:

Bray proceeded to sister Abigail a ghost.

That's weird. The chicken neck showed up like it was supposed to in my game.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Havoc904 posted:

I thought the rebound lariat required your opponent to be stunned against the ropes? If so, just grapple them with "x" and then hold down R2 & L2 at the same time, then you can drag them across the ring and prop them against the ropes.

THAT makes more sense. It only reads "stunned against ropes", and since Dean always does it when he's woozy I assumed it meant Dean, not the opponent. Damned ambiguous directions!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
What's the target button? I turned manual on but no button targets?

Also, how do you grab a standing opponent and walk them around?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

You can go nuts with pyro in the advanced entrance creator now. You get two uses of pyro per entrance part, so with intro, stage, ramp, ring-in, and ring, you can have 10 separate firework displays during your entrance. I have found heaven.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

simosimo posted:

What's the target button? I turned manual on but no button targets?

Also, how do you grab a standing opponent and walk them around?

One of the thumbstick buttons.

Press X (or A) and then both triggers at the same time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

remusclaw posted:

You can go nuts with pyro in the advanced entrance creator now. You get two uses of pyro per entrance part, so with intro, stage, ramp, ring-in, and ring, you can have 10 separate firework displays during your entrance. I have found heaven.

Can you do the classic Kevin Nash?

modern villian
May 4, 2009
Are there no 3 on 3 elimination chambers anymore? Wasn't that in 2k15? Also, if I download a new attire for a wrestler from the CC, how do I set it to the wrestler instead of just making it a new superstar? Last year had a prompt once you downloaded, but now I just have two Rollins

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

modern villian posted:

Are there no 3 on 3 elimination chambers anymore? Wasn't that in 2k15? Also, if I download a new attire for a wrestler from the CC, how do I set it to the wrestler instead of just making it a new superstar? Last year had a prompt once you downloaded, but now I just have two Rollins

Last year had tornado tag EC. Also open the dude up in "edit superstar", go to "personal info" and switch "use as alternate attire" to "yes".

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Not sure if I like or dislike this yet; but I am enjoying how epic matches can be epic (finisher kickouts). But at the same time early mycareer matches and what should otherwise be jobber squashes are equally as 'epic' - aka going on for too long for what they are.

At least it's true to WWE television! Wade Keller would love to play this game.

I do love spotting other mild touches no one mentions in reviews/forum posts - things like Irish whipping people outside the ring (Ramp,ringside) results in the whipped wrestler falling down which is brilliant. No more running endlessly and then stopping in a jarring fashion, little things like this really make the game cool.

Another thing I really appreciate is ground stomping is much quicker which was a much needed improvement. You can really fuckin frog* people on the floor now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How can you set matches to epic, and in which modes? I haven't found that yet, just the momentum setting.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

All matches are epic now basically. Momentum just measures what kind of epic, fast for finisher spam main event style, slow for working the holds and probably finishing with your first finisher. That is, if no one has resilience, if the wrestlers have resilience, slow might last a while longer.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey simosimo, do you know if Mdickie will ever release his last wrestling... well thing on PC, or is he just gonna fart around with the MMA game for mobiles? I figure you follow him a bit still.
Also, I love the mod you made and the old LP.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Can you hire a manager in MyCareer mode like last year and if so can it be Gerald Brisco

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

All matches are epic now basically. Momentum just measures what kind of epic, fast for finisher spam main event style, slow for working the holds and probably finishing with your first finisher. That is, if no one has resilience, if the wrestlers have resilience, slow might last a while longer.

Oh, I thought that was still a setting based off simo's post. My bad.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Lodin posted:

Hey simosimo, do you know if Mdickie will ever release his last wrestling... well thing on PC, or is he just gonna fart around with the MMA game for mobiles? I figure you follow him a bit still.
Also, I love the mod you made and the old LP.

Howdy, nope I think he's happy with his mobile games as they give him the income he has always desired.

It's such a shame as playing the games on mobile devices is just not the same experience (I personally hate it, and only 'sim' matches but even this is pretty dull)

Dickie does what dickie does and fair play to him when he goes off on non wrestling tangents. I think he's doing well from his paid mobile games and there would be no point in him making a game for pc that gets pirated and has loads of compatibility issues. I've told him to try steam but again, he's in mobile mode!

Sadly were stuck with the very serviceable but very outdated Wrestling Mpire remix. Wrestling revolution is okay if you like 2d but limits the wackiness.

WM:remix is peak MDickie. It's annoying because I know if it got on steam it would do tremendously well (both from fans , and joke buys like Bad Rats)

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat it! The stupidity that is WM:remix actually got two of my friends into watching wrestling.

Do you know if it's at least possible to use a controller hooked with an iPad to control the games?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh, I thought that was still a setting based off simo's post. My bad.

You can still stomp a low stat guy pretty quick, but yeah match pacing is gone unfortunately. I have found that normal and fast will generally result in you getting a finisher before you have their health down low enough for it to actually finish, fast will probably get you a couple of them in that time frame. You will finish matches quicker on fast in general, but only because finishers do more damage and you are going to be hitting a few of them en rout to the end of the match. It's fine though honestly, because OMG's still cost finisher slots, so you can use your excess for hitting giants swings and suicide dives. Seriously though, this is the best paced American wrestling game I have played in a long time. Not that anyone else anywhere is making wrestling games anymore.

That said, it is still a glitchy mess.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 30, 2015

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

Can you hire a manager in MyCareer mode like last year and if so can it be Gerald Brisco

Yes you can have a manager im pretty sure you have to buy it and unlock it in the skills(?) menu. But no Brisco. Unless you create him, but im unsure if you can have a CAW as a manager.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Also, HOLY gently caress never EVER preview items in any create a mode. Maybe its my copy of the disc, but previewing stuff instead of just picking it and seeing what it looks like freezes up or just straight up hard crashes ma game :smith:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

super macho dude posted:

Yes you can have a manager im pretty sure you have to buy it and unlock it in the skills(?) menu. But no Brisco. Unless you create him, but im unsure if you can have a CAW as a manager.

Glad you can have a manager, lame that you can't use Brisco. He's in the game, wonder why he's locked out of MyCareer. I guess you're restricted to "modern" managers.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

projecthalaxy posted:

Glad you can have a manager, lame that you can't use Brisco. He's in the game, wonder why he's locked out of MyCareer. I guess you're restricted to "modern" managers.

Pretty much any diva and modern managers, yes. No Jimmy Hart or Bobby Heenan in MyCareer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It really feels like Charged Finishers put down opponents a lot better than just hitting the finisher on one try.