Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:wtchris:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lots of dead pics on page 1

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

danmckechnie posted:

gosh, this thread has been a hell of a ride. These people are intense. Oh Dsmart, always thought BC3000 was a great idea and that you were a cool guy for making it free. I attempted to play it on some old rig in my teen years when it was on the cover disc of an Australian game mag but it ran like a slide show so I never did get a good crack at it, still, free = cool guy. Just bought rebel galaxy on recommendation, while it installs I'll drop some flavourbombs on ya'll... that is, if it's still ok to post recipes.

Yeah, Rebel Galaxy is great.

btw Universal Combat (spiritual successor to Battlecruiser series) CE 2.0 is free on Steam.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I don't think Gary Oldman ever dreamed that the one thing he would be remembered for in 100 years is the image of his face, dug up from the remnants of the internet that was, and contortet into an everlasting grotesque :gary: PAAAAAAARP!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Hopper posted:

I don't think Gary Oldman ever dreamed that the one thing he would be remembered for in 100 years is the image of his face, dug up from the remnants of the internet that was, and contortet into an everlasting grotesque :gary: PAAAAAAARP!

inadvertently peter gabriel is gary oldmans worst enemy he doesn't know.

he will send assassins peter.

hide.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

:gary:_______________

please excuse my lovely formatting

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
https://gifsound.com/?gif=https://i.imgur.com/GPwinsV.gif&v=a_6CZ2JaEuc

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

God I haven't seen this since the late 90s. Man is a wizard.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

:gary::wrong: is my new favorite forum thing

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov posted:

ewbenno.jpg

Christ, what is that thing?

Maybe it's an illusion due to neckbeard absorbing all the light, but his jawbones look twice the width of the rest of the skull.

Anyway, dealing with his kind is a solved problem:

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
My request in GBS got made - thanks Some of the Sheep!

:gary:

Mahuum Aqoha fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 30, 2015

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

SneakyFrog posted:

its really hard not to think :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP

my girlfriend and i attempted to watch the dark knight and i think i laughed at least three times out loud thinking PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP.

I am guilty of PAAAARRPing someone at work today. It has oddly (sadly?) found it into my vocabulary....

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
Do we have any lawsuit updates?

Hate for this whole one-man legal crusade thing to be nothing but a farcical shitshow.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jegan Ace posted:

Hate for this whole one-man legal crusade thing to be nothing but a farcical shitshow.

Prepare to be disappointed.

But, on the other hand, you always have Gary.

We all always have Gary.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Jegan Ace posted:

It's the star citizen of lawsuits

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
drat this thread. why can't i quit you?
Oh yeah, that's the reason.

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

Dirty Hairy posted:

Unrelated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42KCDCuIuc4 Why isn't everyone flying like this?

It's difficult to do with kb+mouse or an Xbox controller.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Been reading along for most of two threads now.

I missed the origins of Space Court and Anders being scared, though. Can someone give a link to that?

:gary: :butt:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Turmoil posted:

Hopefully it will hit my PayPal sooner than later.

Yeah I got one of those too. Henry is a chill guy but this involved another exchange to clarify his confusion of dollars to British pounds.

I've received part of it but 22 days later and still nothing. My account was deactivated that day.

To the goon that said I should at least complain to Amazon Payments- they don't really deal with transactions beyond 45 days. However I'm going to email them since this is an unfulfilled preorder.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I love how in this game spending like $350 is not a lot. :gary:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RedTonic posted:

Been reading along for most of two threads now.

I missed the origins of Space Court and Anders being scared, though. Can someone give a link to that?

:gary: :butt:

lets think back to Archeage launch

everyone had a wonderful time playing a terrible lovely janky pay to win game, it was wonderful

It turns out BobFromMarketing played Archeage with us. I didn't know who this dude was, neither did a lot of people. Some goons, however, knew him because he was outed as being a pedophile who groomed an icelandic teenager for sex. This was brought to the attention of the guild leaders, and a screencap of the goon guild leader was taken with him saying that 'it was a long time ago and wasnt even in America.' They wanted to keep him because he provided a lot of virtual wool for the guild (im not loving kidding). There were even attempts to sneak him back into the guild under a different name.

Naturally, a lot of goons found this really loving disgusting. I, Kimsemus, Stormgale, and a few other people started raising hell and eventually after a lot of drama and Imp Zone invasions the guild leader stepped down. (Sidenote: I used to be just a regular boring whitenoise poster before this, but I thought the imps were funny and thats why I started being a shitposting whitenoise poster instead.) In any case, the guild leader chose one of his friends to be a guild leader which didn't make anyone too happy, but he was an alright guy. Unfortunately, his dad got really sick so he just stopped coming on. He remained guild leader, so there was absolutely no real leadership. The guild had no real guild leader in his absence, just a bunch of officers. This led to some pretty awesome drama, including Kimsemus being kicked out of Goonrathi/EVE Goons

The reason Kimsemus is no longer in the EVE guild or the Star Citizen guild is because of the following:

Some of the officers wanted everyone to raise money by fishing. If you went out in the ocean you could play a lovely rhythm minigame to catch fish and turn them in for gold. The ocean was open PvP and if you were fishing you were basically really loving vulnerable. Some of the officers basically decided to ally with LITERALLY ANYONE SITTING IN THE OCEAN FISHING. Yes, you understood that right. They decided to make a well known alliance with any person in the loving ocean who had a fishing pole basically. This is despite the fact that since launch some Goons had been pirating and that was the main reason they played the game. This included Kimsemus. He was basically a PvP dude, and went around on his boat with goons and killed people.

Dabigredboat is one of the fishing pact goons and he got super mad at Kimsemus for goonfucking (by PvPing in an open PvP zone and killing pubbies). He used his influence to get Kimsemus and Lincoln kicked out of both EVE Goons and Goonrathi because he was super loving mad at video game fishing in a lovely korean MMO. As far as Anders goes? I don't know why Anders cares so much but he seems to really not like Kimsemus.

Anyway every director other than Anders I've talked to has basically said they don't care about Kimsemus and wouldn't really care if he was in except for Anders. Beer seems to not really care period either to be fair.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

everyone had a wonderful time playing a terrible lovely janky pay to win game, it was wonderful

It turns out BobFromMarketing played Archeage with us. I didn't know who this dude was, neither did a lot of people. Some goons, however, knew him because he was outed as being a pedophile who groomed an icelandic teenager for sex. This was brought to the attention of the guild leaders, and a screencap of the goon guild leader was taken with him saying that 'it was a long time ago and wasnt even in America.' They wanted to keep him because he provided a lot of virtual wool for the guild (im not loving kidding). There were even attempts to sneak him back into the guild under a different name.

Naturally, a lot of goons found this really loving disgusting. I, Kimsemus, Stormgale, and a few other people started raising hell and eventually after a lot of drama and Imp Zone invasions the guild leader stepped down. (Sidenote: I used to be just a regular boring whitenoise poster before this, but I thought the imps were funny and thats why I started being a shitposting whitenoise poster instead.) In any case, the guild leader chose one of his friends to be a guild leader which didn't make anyone too happy, but he was an alright guy. Unfortunately, his dad got really sick so he just stopped coming on. He remained guild leader, so there was absolutely no real leadership. The guild had no real guild leader in his absence, just a bunch of officers. This led to some pretty awesome drama, including Kimsemus being kicked out of Goonrathi/EVE Goons

The reason Kimsemus is no longer in the EVE guild or the Star Citizen guild is because of the following:

Some of the officers wanted everyone to raise money by fishing. If you went out in the ocean you could play a lovely rhythm minigame to catch fish and turn them in for gold. The ocean was open PvP and if you were fishing you were basically really loving vulnerable. Some of the officers basically decided to ally with LITERALLY ANYONE SITTING IN THE OCEAN FISHING. Yes, you understood that right. They decided to make a well known alliance with any person in the loving ocean who had a fishing pole basically. This is despite the fact that since launch some Goons had been pirating and that was the main reason they played the game. This included Kimsemus. He was basically a PvP dude, and went around on his boat with goons and killed people.

Dabigredboat is one of the fishing pact goons and he got super mad at Kimsemus for goonfucking (by PvPing in an open PvP zone and killing pubbies). He used his influence to get Kimsemus and Lincoln kicked out of both EVE Goons and Goonrathi because he was super loving mad at video game fishing in a lovely korean MMO. As far as Anders goes? I don't know why Anders cares so much but he seems to really not like Kimsemus.

Anyway every director other than Anders I've talked to has basically said they don't care about Kimsemus and wouldn't really care if he was in except for Anders. Beer seems to not really care period either to be fair.

literally same

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
:gary:____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ____      __      ____      ____      ____      ____      ____      ____      ____      ____      ____
    /    )    / |     /    )    /    )    /    )    /    )    /    )    /    )    /    )    /    )    /    )
---/____/----/__|----/___ /----/___ /----/___ /----/___ /----/___ /----/___ /----/___ /----/___ /----/____/-
  /         /   |   /    |    /    |    /    |    /    |    /    |    /    |    /    |    /    |    /
_/_________/____|__/_____|___/_____|___/_____|___/_____|___/_____|___/_____|___/_____|___/_____|___/________

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

The only good thing I read in that entire spiel was that a goon had the brains to loving murder idiots fishing in a video game when they had the option of killing other people.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

:gary: /

e: failed attempt at :garysay: above.

Looks like that BFM stuff went down after I stopped playing eve. :cripes:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

you're the best :gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Jst0rm posted:

I love how in this game spending like $350 is not a lot. :gary:

Compared to other poo poo I blew money on before? Not really.

Before Plex I was spending $180/yr shipspinning in eve.

Spent $85 on an MXR phaser to sound like Billy Corgan. I still don't sound like Billy Corgan.

Hell a couple months ago I bought a digitech drop pedal because I was too lazy to drop down to C/D tuning.

Not too long ago I spent about $250 on a vmware course to be certified, right before accepting a new contract position focused solely on networking.

e:

I play Warhammer. $350 on a game isn't amazing.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 30, 2015

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

:gary: is quite possibly the greatest thing to come out of all this star citizen stuff.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

OhDearGodNo posted:

Compared to other poo poo I blew money on before? Not really.

Before Plex I was spending $180/yr shipspinning in eve.

Spent $85 on an MXR phaser to sound like Billy Corgan. I still don't sound like Billy Corgan.

Hell a couple months ago I bought a digitech drop pedal because I was too lazy to drop down to C/D tuning.

Not too long ago I spent about $250 on a vmware course to be certified, right before accepting a new contract position focused solely on networking.

e:

I play Warhammer. $350 on a game isn't amazing.

the thing is all of those are things that actually exist as goods or services

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

drat Dirty Ape posted:

:gary: is quite possibly the greatest thing to come out of all this star citizen stuff.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005
Definitely worth the 92 million.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

D_Smart posted:

The Santa Monica move was already in the works. I tweeted about it weeks ago. The new office is the one with the $20K cappuccino machine and which was halted due to a dispute with the contractor.

Frankfurt (CryTek guys) is working with Foundry 42 (SQ42) to get SQ42 out the door asap.

They are doing a major downsizing of Austin to save costs. It's cheaper in Germany than it is in the US. Plus that's where they can get more CryTek guys.

Getting a larger office space is meaningless and has no bearing on their ability to complete and ship a game.

It does prove that they think they have enough money to fund ancillary expenses like new offices instead of focusing all their resources on the actual game.

Which probably means they're idiots without any money management skills.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm 100 bucks into the Croberts cocaine fund, and I agree with you.

I would argue that the clusterfuck that happens as a result of SC being vapourware is a service to mankind.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Devian666 posted:

:gary: /

e: failed attempt at :garysay: above.

Looks like that BFM stuff went down after I stopped playing eve. :cripes:

Eonwe's story is correct.

Also depending on when you quit EVE, probably not. EVE goons did a very good job of rightly kicking him and then hell purging all of his poo poo from their forums and auth. Which is one reason many of us really had no idea what had happened. There is actually concrete evidence of what happened, though, still out there.

To add to what Eonwe posted:

Lincoln, btw, is thatguy on SA, or THEUNITEDSTATESOFAMERICA as Goonrathi knew him.

This is no joke, but Anders was 100% serious about bringing Goonrathi into ArcheAge, and one reason he purged thatguy was because (seriously) they wanted to really make a splash in ArcheAge and felt it better to "distance" themselves from the goons currently playing because you know, they had serious plans about being a serious power in super serious AA because Goonrathi was somehow a brand literally anyone gave a poo poo about. Anders went so far as to come on our mumble to ask me about thatguy, expecting me to poo poo on him to get the evidence he needed to purge him.

But because thatguy is actually a funny guy who didn't goonfuck, I took up for him, which infuriated Anders further, and kicked him anyway. This is despite the fact that thatguy produced the vast majority of their art and propaganda for quite some time. Anders kicked me because of DBRB, and then initially blamed it on the fact that I was an opsec liability and might turn against their leadership as Eonwe, Stormgale, myself and others did in AA because we weren't going to stand for lovely behavior or playing with people who liked to gently caress kids. I was kicked because DBRB is a fuckboi of Anders (or vice versa), and he was butthurt about us ruining his fishing pacts, and no one outside of the clique he brought to AA giving a gently caress about how much of a spaceship tough guy he was.

Let's be clear: Anders was 100% serious about protecting secret information Goonrathi had, for Star Citizen. A game that doesn't exist, and will never exist. This is real life and happened.

Goons! :toot:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 30, 2015

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
That's an impressive imagination.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Amun Khonsu fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 30, 2015

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I agree.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Kimsemus posted:

I was an opsec liability and might turn against their leadership as Eonwe, Stormgale, myself and others did in AA because we weren't going to stand for lovely behavior or playing with people who liked to gently caress kids. I was kicked because DBRB is a fuckboi of Anders (or vice versa), and he was butthurt about us ruining his fishing pacts, and no one outside of the clique he brought to AA giving a gently caress about how much of an spaceship tough guy he was.

Let's be clear: Anders was 100% serious about protecting secret information Goonrathi had, for Star Citizen. A game that doesn't exist, and will never exist. This is real life and happened.

Goons! :toot:

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Kimsemus posted:

Eonwe's story is correct.

:gary: :gizz: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARPP!!!!~~~~~~~~~~

• Locked thread