Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Eonwe's story is correct.

Also depending on when you quit EVE, probably not. EVE goons did a very good job of rightly kicking him and then hell purging all of his poo poo from their forums and auth. Which is one reason many of us really had no idea what had happened. There is actually concrete evidence of what happened, though, still out there.

To add to what Eonwe posted:

Lincoln, btw, is thatguy on SA, or THEUNITEDSTATESOFAMERICA as Goonrathi knew him.

This is no joke, but Anders was 100% serious about bringing Goonrathi into ArcheAge, and one reason he purged thatguy was because (seriously) they wanted to really make a splash in ArcheAge and felt it better to "distance" themselves from the goons currently playing because you know, they had serious plans about being a serious power in super serious AA because Goonrathi was somehow a brand literally anyone gave a poo poo about. Anders went so far as to come on our mumble to ask me about thatguy, expecting me to poo poo on him to get the evidence he needed to purge him.

But because thatguy is actually a funny guy who didn't goonfuck, I took up for him, which infuriated Anders further, and kicked him anyway. This is despite the fact that thatguy produced the vast majority of their art and propaganda for quite some time. Anders kicked me because of DBRB, and then initially blamed it on the fact that I was an opsec liability and might turn against their leadership as Eonwe, Stormgale, myself and others did in AA because we weren't going to stand for lovely behavior or playing with people who liked to gently caress kids. I was kicked because DBRB is a fuckboi of Anders (or vice versa), and he was butthurt about us ruining his fishing pacts, and no one outside of the clique he brought to AA giving a gently caress about how much of a spaceship tough guy he was.

Let's be clear: Anders was 100% serious about protecting secret information Goonrathi had, for Star Citizen. A game that doesn't exist, and will never exist. This is real life and happened.

Goons! :toot:

that's some serious :gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Jegan Ace posted:

I'm 100 bucks into the Croberts cocaine fund, and I agree with you.

I would argue that the clusterfuck that happens as a result of SC being vapourware is a service to mankind.

It was the first time I ever significantly backed something that wasn't a preorder like BF4. Oh well.

Yeah, it'll hurt crowdfunding and kick starters however it's like the dot com bubble and burst. A healthier market emerges from all the poo poo that fails catastrophically.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

Also depending on when you quit EVE, probably not. EVE goons did a very good job of rightly kicking him and then hell purging all of his poo poo from their forums and auth. Which is one reason many of us really had no idea what had happened. There is actually concrete evidence of what happened, though, still out there.

Lincoln, btw, is thatguy on SA, or THEUNITEDSTATESOFAMERICA as Goonrathi knew him.

This is no joke, but Anders was 100% serious about bringing Goonrathi into ArcheAge, and one reason he purged thatguy was because (seriously) they wanted to really make a splash in ArcheAge and felt it better to "distance" themselves from the goons currently playing because you know, they had serious plans about being a serious power in super serious AA because Goonrathi was somehow a brand literally anyone gave a poo poo about. Anders went so far as to come on our mumble to ask me about thatguy, expecting me to poo poo on him to get the evidence he needed to purge him.

But because thatguy is actually a funny guy who didn't goonfuck, I took up for him, which infuriated Anders further, and kicked him anyway. This is despite the fact that thatguy produced the vast majority of their art and propaganda for quite some time. Anders kicked me because of DBRB, and then initially blamed it on the fact that I was an opsec liability and might turn against their leadership as Eonwe, Stormgale, myself and others did in AA because we weren't going to stand for lovely behavior or playing with people who liked to gently caress kids. I was kicked because DBRB is a fuckboi of Anders (or vice versa), and he was butthurt about us ruining his fishing pacts, and no one outside of the clique he brought to AA giving a gently caress about how much of a spaceship tough guy he was.

Let's be clear: Anders was 100% serious about protecting secret information Goonrathi had, for Star Citizen. A game that doesn't exist, and will never exist. This is real life and happened.

:wtchris:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

OhDearGodNo posted:

It was the first time I ever significantly backed something that wasn't a preorder like BF4.

Yeah, it'll hurt crowdfunding and kick starters however it's like the dot com bubble and burst. A healthier market emerges from all the poo poo that fails catastrophically.

some form of regulation/consumer protection laws having to do with crowd funding, instead of the wild west of poo poo something out (or nothing at all) and run with all the funds, would be a good change

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Wafflz posted:

that's some serious :gary:

I wish one side or the other would start mass posting some goddamn chatlogs or screenies that back their side of this whole shitshow up. And not just one out-of-context crappy one, either.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

CrazyLoon posted:

:gary: paaarp :gary:~~paaaaaarp! :gary: :gizz: :gary: PAAAAARP!~!~!

i totes agree

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 30, 2015

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Agrajag posted:

i totes agree

I appreciate you loving with your message for the SFX - really gives it that je ne sais qui.

On that note...my thoughts on space court are simpaaaaaaarppppppppppp!!!! :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Agrajag posted:

some form of regulation/consumer protection laws having to do with crowd funding, instead of the wild west of poo poo something out (or nothing at all) and run with all the funds, would be a good change

It may take an FTC lawsuit to put them in place. It's already starting to get noticed (that laser razor thing for example).

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
:gary: :quagmire:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CrazyLoon posted:

I wish one side or the other would start mass posting some goddamn chatlogs or screenies that back their side of this whole shitshow up. And not just one out-of-context crappy one, either.

I basically log everything.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Kimsemus posted:

beep boop computar gamez bew pew

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Kimsemus posted:

I basically log everything.

kewl awsome good chat logz :gary:

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Added PAAAARRP :butt:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh my loving god please stop. This constant retelling of goon-on-goon drama crossing two games that no ones gives a gently caress about is the least entertaining thing in this entire thread and that is a low bar.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Kimsemus posted:

So who is Anders on SA? He made a bunch of posts about goonrathi years ago on the brown sea. Did he leave SA out of embarrassment?

Goons seem to be all cool and good until they get loving whacked out over video games or just flatly say some racist off the wall poo poo and get all surprised when people take offense. I guess it's real hard for people to be decent in the year 2015

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
I am the space pope, for 1 parp per page I will absolve you of your goony sins. So spinning elephant and weird space court guy and kimsemen make with the parps.

God bless.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Hu Fa Ted posted:

I am the space pope, for 1 parp per page I will absolve you of your goony sins. So spinning elephant and weird space court guy and kimsemen make with the parps.

God bless.

YOu mean, you are Space Parp. The Parpacy is a sacred thing, got to call it what it is. :gary:

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
Basically I'm selling space indulgences here.

hailmary.jpg is only $150.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

TTerrible posted:

Oh my loving god please stop. This constant retelling of goon-on-goon drama crossing two games that no ones gives a gently caress about is the least entertaining thing in this entire thread and that is a low bar.

Yeah that is definitely the worse thing in this thread. . . .

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

Go in peace Kimsemen, the space parp blesses you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TTerrible posted:

why dont you make a good or funny or interesting post and be the change you want to see in the thread

hope this helps you, friend

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

It's the least entertaining.

:gary: they said I was bad at the game
:gary: really it was they that were bad
:gary: also goon loving

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
hey guys.. *cough*Star Marine is out*clearing throat*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQMulb6T2o

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not going to let the kimsemus / thatguy thing go tho because its hilarious

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

u better post a parp or else!!!!!?!

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
naw i'm just messing with you spinning elephant you're cool

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hu Fa Ted posted:

u better post a parp or else!!!!!?!

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

that's a p.good parp. Go in peace my son.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hu Fa Ted posted:

that's a p.good parp. Go in peace my son.

namaste

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

So who is Anders on SA? He made a bunch of posts about goonrathi years ago on the brown sea. Did he leave SA out of embarrassment?

Goons seem to be all cool and good until they get loving whacked out over video games or just flatly say some racist off the wall poo poo and get all surprised when people take offense. I guess it's real hard for people to be decent in the year 2015

I think he posts as Drewjitsu or something? I could be and am often wrong.

I still giggle when lots of goons were quitting :pgi: Mechwarrior online and buying chris Roberts jpgs.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

I'd argue that's a matter of perspective. Those logs finally made me chuckle a bit, while I've pretty much grown desensitized to "space court" over and over agpaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppp :gary: :gary: :gary:

Willfrey posted:

I still giggle when lots of goons were quitting :pgi: Mechwarrior online and buying chris Roberts jpgs.

:agreed: It's almost like that whole group of goons is subconsciously attracted to future failures. Fascinating.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
We've moved to space confession. :gary:

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"
Is "you are literally a goon fucker" an insult for betraying goons or for having sex with a goon? It was weird to see someone ask how one could steal from a goon as if the Something Awful community deserves the empathy that say, an orphan does.

E: :gary: in PAAARPetuity

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Barn Owl posted:

Is "you are literally a goon fucker" an insult for betraying goons or for having sex with a goon? It was weird to see someone ask how one could steal from a goon as if the Something Awful community deserves the empathy that say, an orphan does.

A goon fucker is someone that would have sex with a goat with rubber boots and a belt. They are the vilest of the vile. So basically they are us.

Never not gently caress goons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

I'd argue that's a matter of perspective. Those logs finally made me chuckle a bit, while I've pretty much grown desensitized to "space court" over and over agpaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppp :gary: :gary: :gary:

:agreed: It's almost like that whole group of goons is subconsciously attracted to future failures. Fascinating.

its definitely a matter of perspective, but i only post to amuse myself and i find it funny so ill probably keep posting it

i try very hard not to worry what other people think about my posts and just try to enjoy myself posting

if i ever stop enjoying posting ill probably stop posting

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I don't care about your stupid goon drama because the goons I play with are cool enough that I consider them friends so this weird hierarchy/organization stuff is just bizarre but if that story is true then lol anders you loving stupid oval office get a life, nobody cares about goonrathi not even the people in goonrathi care about goonrathi

never play games in ways that require anyone to be treated anything other than equals, goddamn

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 30, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

I don't care about your stupid goon drama because the goons I play with are cool enough that I consider them friends so this weird hierarchy/organization stuff is just bizarre but if that story is true then lol anders you loving stupid oval office get a life, nobody cares about goonrathi not even the people in goonrathi care about goonrathi

i also play with lots of goons i consider friends

making friends and playing games with them is uh

insanely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
The space parp is trying to mend walls here friend. This is space palestine versus space turkey. We should just parp in peace.

• Locked thread