Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

I went to nyc paley center screening and Q&A for the show last night. The episode was awesome. Gore, horror, slapstick, ash being dumb, ash being badass.

Campbell and raimi were at q&a along with Lawless and other main cast members. Their banter was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
What do you guys like about the Evil Dead films? What do you hope to see in the show?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Blood and the funnies with Bruce kicking rear end.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Toolshed.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

ZombieParts posted:

What do you guys like about the Evil Dead films? What do you hope to see in the show?

Breaking Bad. But with demons. Obviously.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
The deadites are pretty cool.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I love the humor, wacky camera work, and of course Bruce hamming it up like it's his last day on earth.

It can also occasionally be genuinely creepy so that's great too!

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

White Genocide posted:

I went to nyc paley center screening and Q&A for the show last night. The episode was awesome. Gore, horror, slapstick, ash being dumb, ash being badass.

Campbell and raimi were at q&a along with Lawless and other main cast members. Their banter was great.

Were you the neckbeard asking for dating advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4siGyvm7Tig

Seriously, though, jealous as gently caress you got to see that episode.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Well, this is an interesting tidbit. When asked by EW about possible time travel shenanigans in the series, Bruce had this to say:

Source

Most significant is that last statement. Season 2 might already be green lit.

The best thing about this is that they can just go weird it, and it'll just fit because that's what Evil Dead is. Travel around the world and through time and it'll just work. Ash returning to 1th century England! Ash in the wild west! Ash in World War 2! Ash in modern day Japan! Ash returning to 14 century England! Ash in mythical Greece!

There's absolutely no setting that isn't too weird to put Ash into because there's precedent for it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jamesman posted:

The best thing about this is that they can just go weird it, and it'll just fit because that's what Evil Dead is. Travel around the world and through time and it'll just work. Ash returning to 1th century England! Ash in the wild west! Ash in World War 2! Ash in modern day Japan! Ash returning to 14 century England! Ash in mythical Greece!

There's absolutely no setting that isn't too weird to put Ash into because there's precedent for it.

Ash in the wild west would suck because Julius Carry passed away several years ago

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Ash could travel to the wild west and meet Brisco County, Jr.

E: Oh durp, that was your joke.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Ash can really go anywhere

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

rejutka posted:

Toolshed.

Workshed.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
It's been fifteen years or so.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Colonial Air Force posted:

Ash could travel to the wild west and meet Brisco County, Jr.

E: Oh durp, that was your joke.

He can travel back to the 19th century to a French-controlled island and team up with an American secret agent to kill some French deadites.

French-ites.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ZombieParts posted:

I'd say Bruce Campbell kicking his own rear end but that's already happened.

Twice.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

First review is up.
http://www.avclub.com/review/ash-vs-evil-dead-best-when-it-sticks-basics-226899

They're not crazy about it but they don't hate it either.
Also, first I've heard that Sam Raimi isn't directing all of the episodes, that's kind of disappointing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's been known since day one that he is only directing the pilot.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is a Starz subscription the only way to watch this show? I can't find any reliable info about Hulu, Prime or iTunes.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

STARZ has sent me promotional material for "Ash vs. Evil Dead." It's fake campaign material for Ash running for president. An 'Ash 4 President' pin, a pencil that says "SEVEN INCHES YOU CAN TRUST," a bumper sticker that says "MY OTHER CAR IS A DELTA," a T-shirt with fake blood stains that says "HAIL TO THE CHIEF, BABY" and a campaign sign for the front yard.

Pretty nifty.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

STARZ has sent me promotional material for "Ash vs. Evil Dead." It's fake campaign material for Ash running for president. An 'Ash 4 President' pin, a pencil that says "SEVEN INCHES YOU CAN TRUST," a bumper sticker that says "MY OTHER CAR IS A DELTA," a T-shirt with fake blood stains that says "HAIL TO THE CHIEF, BABY" and a campaign sign for the front yard.

Pretty nifty.

Incidentally, Bruce plays Reagan in season 2 of Fargo.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Dead Precedents posted:

Were you the neckbeard asking for dating advice?

That probably would have been funny. One guy asked Raimi if he would consider making a Spawn movie. Raimi didnt know what Spawn was.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

egon_beeblebrox posted:

a pencil that says "SEVEN INCHES YOU CAN TRUST,"

my pencil was broken in half :mad:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

bathhouse posted:

Three-and-a-half inches that couldn't be trusted.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

bathhouse posted:

Mine too. USPS primitive screwheads...

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

How did you sign up for that awesome swagbag?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

https://www.ash4president.com

But now all that stuff has been removed from the site because it's all gone. I guess that means no replacement pencils.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I still cruise around in my Ash Williams 2012 shirt pretty frequently. It's inconspicuous enough to be casual wear, and the occasional person asking me about this candidate they never heard of is fun as well.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Previewed the first 4 minutes. Seemed pretty perfect as far as tone goes.

Ash makes up a story about how he lost his hand to pick up a chick at a sleazy bar, ends up banging her in the bathroom, and she turns into a deadite mid-coitus.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I've had that happen. It's called sobering up. What you need to do is drink some more.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

Here's the first 4 minutes.

Ash gets deadite herpes.

bathhouse fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 27, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Argh, I must stay strong.
Just 4 more days... just... 4... more... days...

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Hell yes, I can't wait!

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Deakul posted:

Argh, I must stay strong.
Just 4 more days... just... 4... more... days...

I'm just glad it exists. Seriously, you'll be all WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE SEASON IS ALMOST OVER IT WAS JUST COMING OUT A SECOND AGO??!!?!?!?!

(Also, a lot of shows I watch ended or are ending next season so I am looking at a big gap. :( )

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rejutka posted:

I'm just glad it exists. Seriously, you'll be all WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE SEASON IS ALMOST OVER IT WAS JUST COMING OUT A SECOND AGO??!!?!?!?!

I'll swallow your soul free time

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
Apparently you have to have a cable subscription in order to watch it on Starz.com or AMC.com. There's no season pass available elsewhere for non-cable subscribers. That's pretty poo poo considering the bulk of the show's audience is going to be the internet.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Press release just popped into my mail saying this go confirmed for a second season before the premiere. gently caress yeah. :toot:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just finished watching through the movie trilogy for the first time, all over the course of 24 hours. The movies own, and it was interesting how differently the conception of Ash as a character changed between them, even between Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

This show looks good, and hopefully it also owns.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Listen up, screwheads!

Tomorrow night at 8 ET, Starz is running the Evil Dead trilogy back to back. That's the original Ultimate Experience in Grueling Horror at 8, its sequel at 9:30, and Army of Darkness at 10:55. And because Starz loves us, immediately following Army of Darkness will be :siren: :siren: :siren: a special showing of Ash vs. Evil Dead at 12:17 AM, Halloween Eve. :siren: :siren: :siren: So mark the date, mark the time, and buckle up for the ride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Took the plunge and added Starz. I am pumped for this.

• Locked thread