Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Barn Owl posted:

Is "you are literally a goon fucker" an insult for betraying goons or for having sex with a goon? It was weird to see someone ask how one could steal from a goon as if the Something Awful community deserves the empathy that say, an orphan does.

E: :gary: in PAAARPetuity

Goonfucking means betrayal. loving goons is just sad comedy.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
i just want to put this out there, but poopinclumpin is not eligible for parp saving

he can go to no parp hell

he knows.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
:gary:
Paaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrppppp?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

like if you told me that I am a goonfucker in a video game for whatever reason I would probably TK you and call you a human being in mumble

ps if you are good at Project Reality we play in the wargame channel in CTS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this just in: for Albion beta we are going to be known as the Goonrathi

feel free to join this Goonrathi, Kimsemus and thatguy allowed

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:gowron:

Edit: :gary:

Edit 2: Playing video games with other goons sounds excruciating.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

like if you told me that I am a goonfucker in a video game for whatever reason I would probably TK you and call you a human being in mumble

:eyepop:

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Justin Tyme posted:

ps if you are good at Project Reality we play in the wargame channel in CTS

hosed up if true

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its pretty funny because Kimsemus and thatguy actually did a lot to keep the guild together

we had dudes running off with a substantial amount of mats toward being a castle, we had another dude who ran off with entire armor sets that were the highest you could really get without doing pay to win bullshit, we had goons constantly stealing trade packs off other goons who set territory to guild

and somehow kimsemus and thatguy are goonfuckers because they did something that uh, I don't know what

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Eonwe posted:

its pretty funny because Kimsemus and thatguy actually did a lot to keep the guild together

we had dudes running off with a substantial amount of mats toward being a castle, we had another dude who ran off with entire armor sets that were the highest you could really get without doing pay to win bullshit, we had goons constantly stealing trade packs off other goons who set territory to guild

and somehow kimsemus and thatguy are goonfuckers because they did something that uh, I don't know what

Man I really want to like those kinds of games because the risk/reward stuff tickles the pleasure center of the brain but they're such gigantic time sinks. Wurm Online made me realize that I was wasting my life/summers, never again.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, Rebel Galaxy is great.

btw Universal Combat (spiritual successor to Battlecruiser series) CE 2.0 is free on Steam.

Dude I don't mean to be terribly insulting but the Colony Wars series on PSX looked better than the screenshots you've got on steam. Is that HUD 2D?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah mmos in general are kind of a dumpster fire

too bad because there is a lot of potential

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
goons are like those kids who used to play magic with you, and some of them were chill and cool, and some would steal your poo poo, and some would poo poo on the desk

and sometimes they would stab you in the :gary:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Eonwe posted:

yeah mmos in general are kind of a dumpster fire

too bad because there is a lot of potential

you should check out Life is Feudal if you like that sort of stuff, kinda like a persistent Mount and Blade. Only 64 player servers now, but maybe maybe not someday thousands but I think the principle investors in the game are russian mobsters so who knows

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea one of my friends has tried really hard to get me to play that

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I've read it is sorta fun but also with great grief potential, but also grindy timesink.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Willfrey posted:

I've read it is sorta fun but also with great grief potential, but also grindy timesink.

Oh absolutely, especially if you have friends to play with. But it's one of those games where it's more fun to just be a griefing bandit than it is to get the stuff required to be a griefing bandit. The grind is really server-dependent but the biggest problem is the small size of the island and how easy it is to just poopsock/steal stuff when you are logged off. Though I heard they made changes with that.

Also you can't use weapons until you have unlocked their associated skills which are gated in really odd ways, like you have to learn how to use chain armor before you can use swords or something. Like the pitchfork is the first actual weapon you can wield. So if you just so happen to find some weapons and armor as a fresh character, you can't just be a wandering bandit unless you grind some stupid skill first. And making steel is a loving chore because it requires slaving away with an RNG skill.

It's got a lot of potential but there are some strange gameplay choices. I can understand wanting there to be value in certain skills and for certain resources to be hard to get but save that poo poo for the real MMO and not the little servers.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 30, 2015

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

drat goons. Reddit is watching. They're gonna think we aren't organized.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Amun Khonsu posted:

hey guys.. *cough*Star Marine is out*clearing throat*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQMulb6T2o

Destiny is a way cooler game... And they have a halloween event going on. You should tell the OP of that video to let it go and goto Destiny.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Oh, hey, can I join?

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

haha

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skoll posted:

Oh, hey, can I join?

https://forum.albiononline.com/inde...4741#post214741

sure friend

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I promise I'll stop calling Kimsemus a human being now.

bros, kimmey?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank you friend

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

actually, https://forum.everythingisgoon.com would be more appropiate.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Eonwe's story is correct.

we weren't going to stand for lovely behavior or playing with people who liked to gently caress kids. I was kicked because DBRB is a fuckboi of Anders

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
Please keep the Oatmeal well the gently caress away from the pathetic fishgate scandal of some Korean MMORPG nobody gives a poo poo about.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jegan Ace posted:

Please keep the Oatmeal well the gently caress away from the pathetic fishgate scandal of some Korean MMORPG nobody gives a poo poo about.

I care so that's one person

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Taking Goonrathi Albion applications

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Skoll posted:

I promise I'll stop calling Kimsemus a human being now.

bros, kimmey?

okay bae. :wooper:

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Eonwe posted:

Taking Goonrathi Albion applications

This game actually has a beta coming out next month, I refuse to believe that is possible.

It's not even worth 93 million.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jegan Ace posted:

This game actually has a beta coming out next month, I refuse to believe that is possible.

It's not even worth 93 million.

It's actually pretty fun despite some questionable design decisions

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

jaegerx posted:

drat goons. Reddit is watching. They're gonna think we aren't organized.

They'll just get distracted by the drama and when they look at SC again Derek Smart will be victorious.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

It's actually pretty fun despite some questionable design decisions

Like what

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I thought the thread had gone to uncomfortable places with the that's him in the wheelchair, but then :gary: happened and it become great again.

Also,

D_Smart posted:

Tell you what. New deal. I'll just continue sticking them in my blog as I write it, and not post it here.

What's happening to this new deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

• Locked thread