Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Kinetica posted:

Jim "Jim Bob" Bob

Jim Bob "Jim Bob" Jim Job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
The scandal-plagued Duggar family is linked to Hobby Lobby Stores founder, David Green, who is under FBI investigation for customs violations, falsifying documents, and the unauthorized export of antiquities.

The Duggar family’s ties to the Green family go back many years and revolve around mutually held beliefs regarding birth control and abortion, and their mutual, significant support over the years of now ousted religious leader, Bill Gothard, and his organizations.

The Greens have donated millions of dollars of property to Gothard organizations, including the $600,000 facility in Little Rock Arkansas where the Duggar family’s eldest son, Josh Duggar, was sent for four months in 2003, after he sexually abused five minor children – including four of his own sisters. The program Josh attended was named “Integrity Construction Institute,” and consisted of doing renovations on the 529,717-square-foot building, which was formerly used by the Veterans Administration until Green purchased it for Gothard in 2000.

A multi-million dollar property donation by Green was the 2,250-acre campus of Ambassador College in Big Sandy, Texas. Green donated the campus in 2001 and it now operates as the Air Land Emergency Resource Team (ALERT) Academy, under the auspices of the Gothard-founded Institute of Basic Life Principles (IBLP). The Duggar family has often attended events at ALERT and at least two Duggar sons completed paramilitary training there. All of the Duggar’s oldest daughters have attended seminars sponsored by IBLP and some have been featured speakers at IBLP events. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar were featured speakers at an ALERT event this month.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2524627/duggar-family-friend-under-fbi-investigation-in-new-scandal/#OGePILlSBaXhJ6uk.99

I, just, hrmm.......

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I lust for dugger death, and soon

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Hooded Reptile posted:

The Duggar family has often attended events at ALERT and at least two Duggar sons completed paramilitary training there.

Wait, what? :psyduck:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Gothard is a good name for a bunch of child molesting fundies

Bill Gothard when Jim Bob Duggar

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Murderion posted:

Wait, what? :psyduck:

The Air Land Emergency Resource Team (ALERT) began in 1994 as the vision of a home school father. He recognized that many young men lacked not only a sense of purpose and direction, but also the attitude of servant-hood that Jesus Christ had commanded His disciples to maintain. This father also observed that government entities were often taxed beyond their limits when significant natural disasters struck, or when other large-scale needs presented themselves.
Training for Service

The concept of ALERT involves training which integrates a young man’s natural desire for adventure with developing an attitude of Christ-like service. Concurrent opportunities allow students to put their training into action, by making well-organized teams available to respond at the request of government officials in the event of natural or man-made disasters.
Our Goals

The ultimate purpose of ALERT training is twofold: First, we provide a platform whereby Christian young men can rapidly mature, develop a Christian service mindset, and learn practical life skills. Second, we supply teams of trained, eager men to serve those in need in times of disaster and crisis. As both of these goals are realized, Jesus Christ is honored and doors for the gospel are opened.

http://www.alertacademy.com/alert/

You see it's like army mans for church.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hey, if the churchies want to go hand out bottled water after disasters then so be it, even if they hold a bible in the other hand while they do it

E. Although given that they are Duggars they would probably want to give the disaster victims another kind of fluid to help bring them to god

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 28, 2015

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Hooded Reptile posted:

You see it's like army mans for church.

Just call him Sparrow Josh.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The Duggars certainly have 55-gallon drums full of AKs buried around the compound, it's no surprise some of them go cosplay as soldiers at a fundy ranch

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
When is the duggars going to turn into Waco 2.0?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
All I can picture is a bunch of kids dressed like extras from Leave it to Beaver running through really crappy imitations of army obstacle courses while clutching bibles to their chests.

Although it appears more like some kind of Christian vocational school. The only program taught by anyone with any real world experience are construction and emergency medicine. The rest appear to be taught by people who became "Sergeant Majors" after taking the program. For some reason instead of saying which year they graduated they refer to everything as " during Unit 36" or " during Unit 31."

Some of them appear to have accreditation or comply with whatever their state's certification programs require. Except for law enforcement, which "provides a strong emphasis on officer street survival" and offers the "opportunity to ride along with local law enforcement agencies." I'm guessing they pay actual cops who have two year Criminal Justice degrees to show up for it because it's the only one that doesn't brag about how one of their own graduates teaches the program.

Also it's not listed on the website but the EMT training apparently has an option for "SWAT Medic" training for when you're serving God and Country by preventing looters from ravaging disaster areas. Maybe they teach you to pop a flashbang if you're having trouble focusing on a woman's countenance?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Oh poo poo, the Greens of Hobby Lobby/Mardel douchebag infamy bankroll Gothard? This poo poo is getting deep.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This poo poo is so True Detective Season 1

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Pvt.Scott posted:

Oh poo poo, the Greens of Hobby Lobby/Mardel douchebag infamy bankroll Gothard? This poo poo is getting deep.

Such a list for Jim Bob!

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Jim Bobby Lobby

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Not long after ALERT took over the Texas campus I went out there and had a picnic (it's a pretty place!) A security guard showed up to throw us out for trespassing (which we were, so fine) but the main point I remember him stressing was how the troops would be on campus soon and I was a woman. A woman!

Nike!!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

artsy fartsy posted:

Not long after ALERT took over the Texas campus I went out there and had a picnic (it's a pretty place!) A security guard showed up to throw us out for trespassing (which we were, so fine) but the main point I remember him stressing was how the troops would be on campus soon and I was a woman. A woman!

Nike!!

"The troops"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Fundamentalist Troop is a bit long just call us F Troop.

*accidentally strangles an injured woman to death doing chest compressions on her countenance*

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

dude on the right is a molester

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

artsy fartsy posted:

Nike!!

well they called Attila Scourge of God so maybe they're the kind of troops that sweep across continents Conan style?

Jordanes, writing about the Duggars posted:

a savage race, which dwelt at first in the swamps, a stunted, foul and puny tribe, scarcely human and having no language save one which bore but slight resemblance to human speech.

They made their foes flee in horror because their aspect was fearful, and they had, if I may call it so, a sort of shapeless lump, not a head, with pin-holes rather than eyes. Their hardihood is evident in their wild appearance, and they are beings who are cruel to their children on the very day they are born. For they cut the cheeks of the males with a sword, so that before they receive the nourishment of milk they must learn to endure wounds. Hence they grow old beardless and their young men are without comeliness, because a face furrowed by the sword spoils by its scars the natural beauty of a beard. They are short in stature, quick in bodily movement, alert horsemen, broad shouldered, ready in the use of bow and arrow, and have firm-set necks which are ever erect in pride. Though they live in the form of men, they have the cruelty of wild beasts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

"The Troops". Always chuckle worthy when a bunch of mental children dress up and play army man thinking they are some sort of real military.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Swbm looking a bit different then I remember..

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

bangbus ?????????????????

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
josh is more into the bangschoolbus

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

C.P.A.N. posted:

Jim Bobby Lobby

Hell yeah.

Jim Bob

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ElwoodCuse posted:

The Duggars certainly have 55-gallon drums full of AKs buried around the compound, it's no surprise some of them go cosplay as soldiers at a fundy ranch

That would make for a pretty cool boss battle in a video game. Fireteams of Duggars popping up out of ambush points, protecting mecha-Jim Bob (immune to headshots due to Lego hair)

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
A Duggar fight would be more like defense of the ancients or whatever. Just an unlimited line of Duggar children marching toward you as they're spawned.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

cumshitter posted:

A Duggar fight would be more like defense of the ancients or whatever. Just an unlimited line of Duggar children marching toward you as they're spawned.

So would the final level be her womb?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

bobjr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXm_4QltFPQ

Cept a vajayjay

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

cumshitter posted:

I'm thinking more along the lines of replace Donkey Kong with Michelle Duggar, and instead of rolling barrels at you she crab-walks around the top level periodically popping out babies that crawl after you.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jim Bob.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Hooded Reptile posted:

The scandal-plagued Duggar family is linked to Hobby Lobby Stores founder, David Green, who is under FBI investigation for customs violations, falsifying documents, and the unauthorized export of antiquities.

So that's why Jill "Guatemala" Duggar needs that container!

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
How the gently caress did I not notice that all of their kids have a name starting with "J" before?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

This looks recent, Hovind's prison haircut is hiding how bald he got while inside.

In this one pic you have one family trying to scam the other out of money.
Guess which one.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TheOneOutside posted:

How the gently caress did I not notice that all of their kids have a name starting with "J" before?

And they also end on Josh's dick.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

happyhippy posted:

And they also end on Josh's dick.

Jim Bob

red19fire
May 26, 2010

cumshitter posted:

"Sergeant Majors"

Sergeants Major :eng101: Although these idiots can call it whatever they want.

Axetrain posted:

"The Troops". Always chuckle worthy when a bunch of mental children dress up and play army man thinking they are some sort of real military.

Goof Troop. Also a great way to rile up JROTC idiots.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

bobjr posted:

NESSJIM BOB

IT HURTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012

cumshitter posted:

Some of them appear to have accreditation or comply with whatever their state's certification programs require. Except for law enforcement, which "provides a strong emphasis on officer street survival" and offers the "opportunity to ride along with local law enforcement agencies." I'm guessing they pay actual cops who have two year Criminal Justice degrees to show up for it because it's the only one that doesn't brag about how one of their own graduates teaches the program.

"Street Survival" yeah.... if that ain't code for "kill black people and get away with it", I don't know what is.

• Locked thread