Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Remember when Octopode tried to argue there was never a plan to release an FPS module literally a day after the FPS module was cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Hey reddit, I'm the guy in charge. Suck my dick.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Also please stop reporting our jpgs. We know you think they are worth money, but let's real talk.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
In 48 hours it will be November 1st.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
Just checking on LoD whilst we wait for D.Smart to deliver on his legal threats.

Necatus
Oct 8, 2007

Palpek posted:

Ok, there are a couple differences. They would take like half a day for somebody fluent in 3ds max.

Hold on a second, here's a closer look.

The reflections in the glass are still black, there's weird artifacts all around the edges, and they forgot to completely erase the line going to the text in the top right. They're not even making half-assed models in Max, they're just painting over poo poo in Photoshop.

:gary:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Necatus posted:

The reflections in the glass are still black, there's weird artifacts all around the edges, and they forgot to completely erase the line going to the text in the top right. They're not even making half-assed models in Max, they're just painting over poo poo in Photoshop.

lol

look maybe its still in the concept stages ok. it takes thousands of man hours before art is finalized - :lesnick:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Necatus posted:

if that's true and not you photoshopping it then :gary: :gizz:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Necatus posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh what a loving joke

e: I think there needs to be a 'PPAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP' text that flies out every lip pulse available for pairing with :gary:, like the 'holkey gently caress' from that one smiley

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

toanoradian posted:

I thought the thread had gone to uncomfortable places with the that's him in the wheelchair, but then :gary: happened and it become great again.

Also,

What's happening to this new deal?

Mounting evidence, however, makes clear that poor people were principal victims of the New Deal. (http://goo.gl/CIF8KJ)

let's just let this one ride and see where it pans out.

Necatus
Oct 8, 2007

Agrajag posted:

if that's true and not you photoshopping it then :gary: :gizz:

It's a screengrab direct from their video (39 minutes in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-mifFQpeiw

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Necatus posted:

It's a screengrab direct from their video (39 minutes in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-mifFQpeiw

holy poo poo t-rex has glaucoma in his left eye

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

THE BEST PAAAAAARP :gary:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

DreadLlama posted:

Dude I don't mean to be terribly insulting but the Colony Wars series on PSX looked better than the screenshots you've got on steam. Is that HUD 2D?

Next lawsuit target identified.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Necatus posted:

93 million parps.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Should I just doxx myself now and save him the trouble? Ohfuck.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
Has anybody played star conflict? From the reviews it seems to have ended up in the same place that Shart Shitezen was headed with the pay to buy ships and win model, but is actually a :gary: paaarping game.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

I basically log everything.

Ironically, EVE Goons seemed really stoked you joined them just a few months earlier https://www.themittani.com/features/nc-diplomat-defects-goonswarm :smith:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's War Thunder in space. Fun for the first bit, then turns to utter poo poo at Tier 3/4 when ecm and whatnot come into play. Not to mention the very p2w ships.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Has anybody played star conflict? From the reviews it seems to have ended up in the same place that Shart Shitezen was headed with the pay to buy ships and win model, but is actually a :gary: paaarping game.

It's a pretty different scenario because Star Conflict is just an arena lobby game. Later on they added some half baked "open world" thing but that was well into it's life cycle and not central to the experience. It was fun game for a bit but was pretty badly mismanaged so it died.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Speaking of Albion Online, whens it going free to play? As in, I don't have to pay to get into the beta.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Remember when Octopode tried to argue there was never a plan to release an FPS module literally a day after the FPS module was cancelled.

Yeah but that wasn't as memorable as when he posted this:

Octopode posted:

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
I dreamt about it yesterday:
The PU will be out by July 2016
And it will be the best

Derek will cry
Beer will cry
AP will cry

You all will cry

The only ones happy will be Eonwe, because Bernie will win, and Kimsemus, because he will be allowed to join Goonrathi, like the prodigal son returning to its home

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Mirificus posted:

Yeah but that wasn't as memorable as when he posted this:

octopode where are you~

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

janssendalt posted:

Checks out.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

drat you guys are good at the shop.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Ironically, EVE Goons seemed really stoked you joined them just a few months earlier https://www.themittani.com/features/nc-diplomat-defects-goonswarm :smith:

All the call outs on him in the comments is better than the article.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

janssendalt posted:

The PU will be out by July 2016
And it will be the best

Derek will cry
Beer will cry
AP will cry

You all will cry

The only ones happy will be Eonwe, because Bernie will win, and Kimsemus, because he will be allowed to join Goonrathi, like the prodigal son returning to its home

I forget. Did we allow your weird rear end into sfd? I want to be sure before I insult you again

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I saw a dude wearing a goonrathi t-shirt at PAX AU today. That is all.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

You guys have too much loving time on your hands

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Justin Tyme posted:

Oh absolutely, especially if you have friends to play with. But it's one of those games where it's more fun to just be a griefing bandit than it is to get the stuff required to be a griefing bandit. The grind is really server-dependent but the biggest problem is the small size of the island and how easy it is to just poopsock/steal stuff when you are logged off. Though I heard they made changes with that.

Also you can't use weapons until you have unlocked their associated skills which are gated in really odd ways, like you have to learn how to use chain armor before you can use swords or something. Like the pitchfork is the first actual weapon you can wield. So if you just so happen to find some weapons and armor as a fresh character, you can't just be a wandering bandit unless you grind some stupid skill first. And making steel is a loving chore because it requires slaving away with an RNG skill.

It's got a lot of potential but there are some strange gameplay choices. I can understand wanting there to be value in certain skills and for certain resources to be hard to get but save that poo poo for the real MMO and not the little servers.

Do you enjoy griefing and offline raiding (And being raided) and putting in a lot of effort with great payoff (Thanks to cooperating with others)? Check out ARK: Survival Evolved. PGS holds the shiniest nuggets.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Thats real spergy

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

jaegerx posted:

I forget. Did we allow your weird rear end into sfd? I want to be sure before I insult you again

Yes

You can still insult me, papi

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

janssendalt posted:

Yes

You can still insult me, papi

No the only dentist I insult is eonwe but that's his kink. He loves the dirty stuff.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

jaegerx posted:

No the only dentist I insult is eonwe but that's his kink. He loves the dirty stuff.

hahaha, I'm jelaous

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Necatus posted:

:banjo:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Humans are so stupid.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Necatus posted:

Palette swaps? in tyool 2015?
A shameful :gary:

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Necatus posted:

Holy poo poo. That's amazing. :gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Derek put this fail in your next blog.

• Locked thread