Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Orions Lord posted:

Is SC wheelchair friendly I did see a lot of stairs in it.

I dont know, I got it loaded and the screen just spun like a drunk person so.. I uninstalled it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/659524947543371776

Oh look, something else that will only be real in :lesnick:'s imagination.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SneakyFrog posted:

I dont know, I got it loaded and the screen just spun like a drunk person so.. I uninstalled it

I might have been drunk however.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

fatnick posted:

Not on launch, but it's something we'll do in the long run.

The guy is so full of poo poo. Honestly that is their stupid answer to EVERYTHING. I can't believe the cultists have not single doubt that it ALL will be true one day. I mean there is hop, and wishful thinking and then there is sheer stupidity.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 30, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Incombibulator posted:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

The student has become the master :gary:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Jesus christ that's a lot of paaaaaarp. I didn't expect Space Court to link back to Kimsemus.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

neonbregna posted:

The student has become the master :gary:

He is still a grasshopper! He didn't promise it at release. A real master would have said "Good idea, it'll be done in two weeks!".

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

'Derelict station' refers to the developer photo.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Oh my loving god please stop. This constant retelling of goon-on-goon drama crossing two games that no ones gives a gently caress about is the least entertaining thing in this entire thread and that is a low bar.

:gary: This is a big drama thread with occasional funny pictures. I love reading about goon drama, reddit drama, basically any drama

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Eonwe posted:

this just in: for Albion beta we are going to be known as the Goonrathi

feel free to join this Goonrathi, Kimsemus and thatguy allowed

Why would you name your guild after croberts lovely space cats in a game that actually exists?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I was looking all over for the paaaarp

:gary:

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

Why would you name your guild after croberts lovely space cats in a game that actually exists?

Yeah, what about the good, old Goon Swarm?

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
When does the next Peter Gabriel lets play debut?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

PhallicPhalanges posted:

When does the next Peter Gabriel lets play debut?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Berious posted:

:gary: This is a big drama thread with occasional funny pictures. I love reading about goon drama, reddit drama, basically any drama

We will start talking about the game when it comes out.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Orions Lord posted:

Is SC wheelchair friendly I did see a lot of stairs in it.

It has ladders also

With some very smooth ladder climbing animation

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

joats posted:

We will start talking about the game when it comes out.

Eh, let's face it. Even if the game comes out and blows everyone's socks off with how good it is, there's just no way to peak... whatever this is.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Truga posted:

Eh, let's face it. Even if the game comes out and blows everyone's socks off with how good it is, there's just no way to peak... whatever this is.

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRP

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Remember when Octopode tried to argue there was never a plan to release an FPS module literally a day after the FPS module was cancelled.

where is poor octopode?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Incombibulator posted:

the old mmo with destructible environments

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

where is poor octopode?

IIRC his wife had a surgery very recently, so he might not have the time to shitpost at the moment. I hope she's ok.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Just spotted the crobber himself in London.

Looks like mocap's back on the menu boys

Banano fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Oct 30, 2015

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Palpek posted:

That's nicely observed. It's still pretty realistically photoshopped so it's a bit strange that the same person hosed up with artifacts and those other leftovers. It makes me think it's a work of an intern who's amazing with 3D and Photoshop but still fucks up some of the things in the final delivery due to lack of experience with professional work.

Actually it makes me think of the stuff skilled people do when speed-painting concept art. Like, doing some outlines and edges and then grabbing bits from pictures and other renders to fill in the texture areas. Seen some neat process videos and workflows of people doing concept art, it's amazing how fast you can do stuff when you know all the tricks.

Has the previous black ship actually been seen as anything other than that one image? Is it in the models yet?

(also I was trying to look up a good example video of what I'm talking about and let me tell you, never google "speed painting ship". :stonk: that's not the kind of ship they're talking about. sooo much furry "art")

Eonwe posted:

honestly after seeing oldman do this poo poo it made me think less of him, lmao
I assume he charged whatever his normal rate is, that's good money for a short gig that fits between other stuff on your filming schedule. You get to work indoors with minimum hassle, the only makeup is someone drawing dots on your face, and you don't have to change your physical appearance for the role by working out or gaining weight.

Even if you're already rich, a cool million to be fawned over by a lovely failed director and sit around in a giant green box sounds nice.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

It helps keep this issue in the spotlight as Eonwe & Kimsemus don't want the false accusation that they just love causing drama to linger.
I fully support their plan and it's just a pity nobody figured out earlier you could expose the whole rotten core, bring the bad fish smell to light so to speak, just by just asking Kimsemus to post a log.

I hope he has another log ready to drop, a large one and he'll show us.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/oldman-star-citizen/1/

Front page, motherfuckers.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

Sliding up behind Operation Pitchfork and subjecting them to un-consensual PvP would rank pretty highly though.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Incombibulator posted:

Has there been a single proposed feature they haven't said no to?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Chris Roberts once donated blood to a man in need. That man started Blizzard Entertainment.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Klyith posted:

Actually it makes me think of the stuff skilled people do when speed-painting concept art. Like, doing some outlines and edges and then grabbing bits from pictures and other renders to fill in the texture areas. Seen some neat process videos and workflows of people doing concept art, it's amazing how fast you can do stuff when you know all the tricks.

Has the previous black ship actually been seen as anything other than that one image? Is it in the models yet?

(also I was trying to look up a good example video of what I'm talking about and let me tell you, never google "speed painting ship". :stonk: that's not the kind of ship they're talking about. sooo much furry "art")

I assume he charged whatever his normal rate is, that's good money for a short gig that fits between other stuff on your filming schedule. You get to work indoors with minimum hassle, the only makeup is someone drawing dots on your face, and you don't have to change your physical appearance for the role by working out or gaining weight.

Even if you're already rich, a cool million to be fawned over by a lovely failed director and sit around in a giant green box sounds nice.

I don't think that black ship has any other pictures or models of it. I know they made a model of the super old concept art of that thing, but I don't remember it actually having any details or anything in terms of texture.

I think :gary: probably saw this as pretty low risk. Like, you go get paid a hojillion dollars to be in some filthy Crobbitses' game, and there's three outcomes:

It comes out and it's terrible - nobody making casting decisions is gonna give a poo poo when they're looking to hire Oldman. He might get negative press in the gaming industry but who gives a gently caress.

It doesn't come out at all - kinda same deal.

It comes out and it's amazing - this one's the only one where anybody outside videogame-land is even going to notice.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't think that black ship has any other pictures or models of it. I know they made a model of the super old concept art of that thing, but I don't remember it actually having any details or anything in terms of texture.

I think :gary: probably saw this as pretty low risk. Like, you go get paid a hojillion dollars to be in some filthy Crobbitses' game, and there's three outcomes:

It comes out and it's terrible - nobody making casting decisions is gonna give a poo poo when they're looking to hire Oldman. He might get negative press in the gaming industry but who gives a gently caress.

It doesn't come out at all - kinda same deal.

It comes out and it's amazing - this one's the only one where anybody outside videogame-land is even going to notice.

Based on what they showed, we can safely discount option three.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Incombibulator posted:

"You're looking at a derelict station".

*Insert picture of Ben's giant, bloated body floating in orbit until the sun burns out*

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

:gary: :dings: :gary: :horse: :gary: :margeball: :gary: :chiyo: :gary: :bandwagon: :gary: :goon: :gary: :laffo: :gary: :russbus: :gary: :rice: :gary: :wtf: :gary: :vapes: :gary: :zaeed: :gary: :killdozer:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Three :gary:s too far man, three :gary:s too far.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Based on what they showed, we can safely discount option three.

Well yeah, obviously.

But I wouldn't expect :gary: to be doing detailed assessments of that poo poo before he signs on.

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015
New concept sale

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DreadLlama posted:

Dude I don't mean to be terribly insulting but the Colony Wars series on PSX looked better than the screenshots you've got on steam. Is that HUD 2D?

What's insulting about it? It's a 2009 game. Don't like it, don't play it.

And yes, the HUD is 2D.

ps: comparing Colony Wars to a full-on starship simulator is, well, dumb?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Iron Tusk posted:

Sliding up behind Operation Pitchfork and subjecting them to un-consensual PvP would rank pretty highly though.

If the game ever comes out (it won't) there will be no non-consenual pvp. There is no way on croberts green earth cig is going to allow people to blow up 1000+ dollar jpegs if they don't want them blown up.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Credit to Ghostlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:gary: PAAAAAAARRP

• Locked thread