Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

2DCAT posted:

:gary: PAAAAAAARRP

Who indeed let the :gary: PAAAAARP out?

:gary: PAAAAARP
:gary: PAAAAARP :gary: PAAAAARP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LOL!! That's really good!

:bravo:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So the ilovecreamsoda saga continues. This was the SidAlpha video in question

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Does this guy have :gary: PAAAAARRRRPinsons?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Cool.

:gary:

PAAAAARP be with you, friend.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Peven Stan posted:

Has there been a single proposed feature they haven't said no to?

good one

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Peven Stan posted:

Orbital mechanics. Can't have that in a space game.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Who put the parp in the parp paparp paparp?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXmsLe8t_gg

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

That sure was a long winded way to try and whine about NOT COMPROMISING MY PRINCIPALS/STANDING UP TO THE MAN only to immediately redact the video anyhow.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! That's really good!

:bravo:

I hope this count as a "get out of jail" card if you sue me someday! :)

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Peven Stan posted:

A finished game to play.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Banano posted:

Just spotted the crobber himself in London.

Looks like mocap's back on the menu boys

He's overseeing the transition of Star Citizen The Horse into glue and Findus lasagnas. I know he said that Star Citizen The Horse was going to be a winner and he pre-sold horseshoes, whips and saddles and filmed Gary Oldman riding it, but this was always the plan from the beginning and as glue and lasagna Star Citizen The Horse will make a valuable contribution to the overall project goal of Croberts cramming coke up his nose and living in a mansion.

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
Because I'm tired of them taking out the best gif of the thread. Okay, second best because :gary:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Star Citizen design evolution.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wafflz posted:

If the game ever comes out (it won't) there will be no non-consenual pvp. There is no way on croberts green earth cig is going to allow people to blow up 1000+ dollar jpegs if they don't want them blown up.

OTOH that's really the only way to make money post-release. It's already been pointed out that the market for the game has already "bought-in" so to speak. So even if the game is released (:gary:) I think they'll still try to milk the whales.

They can probably get around the whole LTI thing by making customer service play the role of adjusters: ":byodood: You can't prove that this wasn't insurance fraud, so claim rejected!"

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Truga posted:

Orbital mechanics. Can't have that in a space game.

also momentum.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
F7A Hornet Star Citizen

We are continuing to look at the Star Citizen project, but unfortunately the others will not be taken further.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/46

It'd be cheaper than the JPEG if they ever decided to do it.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

They can probably get around the whole LTI thing by making customer service play the role of adjusters: ":byodood: You can't prove that this wasn't insurance fraud, so claim rejected!"

Didn't they at one point say that they would have people act as insurance adjusters in the game to stop fraud? Seems like a joke suggestion but I'm pretty sure that was a serious proposal from Legendary Game Designer Christ Robbers.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Necatus posted:

Hold on a second, here's a closer look.

The reflections in the glass are still black, there's weird artifacts all around the edges, and they forgot to completely erase the line going to the text in the top right. They're not even making half-assed models in Max, they're just painting over poo poo in Photoshop.

Holy :lol:

The MS Paint jpgs people posted in earlier threads weren't a million miles from the truth.

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

Io_ posted:

also momentum.

This should help:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15031-Star-Citizen-Alpha-20-Flight-Model-Changes

Seems a bit weird at first to imitate greater momentum by artificially limiting the rate of change in thrust, but apparently when people tried making their own mods with much lower max acceleration, no one could kill each other because of the huge turn radius and limited time on target.

:gary::zoid:

Raticus79 fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 30, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The citizens are revolting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qugcx/gary_oldman_star_citizen_makes_the_frontpage/

Also they are not big fans of today's Photoshop Phriday.

You know what we say to that....

PAAAAAAAARRRRRPPPPP

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

alphabettitouretti posted:

Also they are not big fans of today's Photoshop Phriday.

:shittypop:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Glad I'm not one of you losers. :colbert:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

Not Derek...just a bunch of DS wannabe's....Imagine how pathetic you have to be to want to be like DS...nauseating.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

alphabettitouretti posted:

Didn't they at one point say that they would have people act as insurance adjusters in the game to stop fraud? Seems like a joke suggestion but I'm pretty sure that was a serious proposal from Legendary Game Designer Christ Robbers.

Exactly, it's just cover to invalidate the LTIs. Just make up a story about "dem goons! :bahgawd:" to explain why your 'adjusters' are instructed to reject everything have to have such a high standard.

Again, if the game actually gets released.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My goal in life is to be like Derek Smart. Universally despised, but always right about everything. Also, with a hot wife.

Vodkahead
Jun 4, 2007

drat, now I regret being a lurker. I too could have been internet cancer.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Exactly, it's just cover to invalidate the LTIs. Just make up a story about "dem goons! :bahgawd:" to explain why your 'adjusters' are instructed to reject everything have to have such a high standard.

Again, if the game actually gets released.

Fighter
Thief
Wizard
Middle-age insurance adjuster with a paunch and high cholesterol

Classic RPG dilemma. Insurance adjuster is so OP why would you choose anything else?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Hahahaah, if these came from a Reddit thread they'd all be laughing about it but this case it's all 'GOOOOOOOOONS!'.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Can i take "cancer of the internet" as official title on my next resume?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Here we see redditor /u/ICStarzICstarz failing to comprehend a simple and commonplace saying. He gets a bit fucky about it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Previous workplace?
-The Internet
Held position?
-Cancer

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
:gary: "none hates star citizen they just fear it" - Redditor "parp" - Gary :gary:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

SirPhoebos posted:

OTOH that's really the only way to make money post-release. It's already been pointed out that the market for the game has already "bought-in" so to speak. So even if the game is released (:gary:) I think they'll still try to milk the whales.

What PAAAARRRP :gary: Citizen is really trying to sell to this particular class of shut-in is the idea of a world where they'll never be hurt, where they'll have all the superpowers they could ever want, and where they can always take their toys and leave. It's the ultimate fantasy for people who believe that the world has been mean to them and this idea of a game is a truly just world where they'll be the super-important special snowflake they've always imagined themselves to be.

I mean for gently caress's sake, look at the :smuggo: levels of response from the redditors.

Also, :gary:

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

I'm touching the :nexus:

Oh god, oh god

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TheShazbot posted:

I'm touching the :nexus:

Oh god, oh god

poop touching is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
How can you not find :gary: funny? It's a funny face. Literal toddlers can recognise it as funny, but not citizens.
PAAAAARP

• Locked thread