Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Sedisp posted:

"As things get further on things get leaner this is a good thing, of course CIG is a bloated mess this too is a good thing"

Well, to fix that all they need to do is fire :lesnick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Reverse the Verse in 30 minutes.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

doctor iono posted:

I really love the "Well, yeah, they got offered a job by a REAL game company, why wouldn't they jump ship mid-project?"

I don't really follow the game dev industry but isn't working on a game until release a big deal? Can someone with more experience in the video game industry (that isn't an SC cultist) educate me on how important staying with the company is vs jumping ship from company to company?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Agrajag posted:

no no no WE are the echo chamber, don't you get it? :gary: :gizz:

Well, I mean, we are.... It's just that our echo chamber has been shown to be correct so far and theirs hasn't.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sedisp posted:

"As things get further on things get leaner this is a good thing, of course CIG is a bloated mess this too is a good thing"

Worse than that, they went from:

- well just because some people are getting fired doesn't prove anything, sometimes people get fired when the project is getting completed

to

- people are getting fired which proves the project is getting completed

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Seeing as how every single cultist is a domain expert in game development, I wonder if they'd head on over to /r/gamedev to defend SC if a discussion of the issues CIG are having with their crosshair was started?

:gary:

This isn't a :goon: incitement, I just wonder how far the dissonance goes and if they're willing to take on actual gamedevs with their YOU DONT UNDERSTAND GAME DEVELOPMENT line.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 30, 2015

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

This scene from The Pentagon Wars is applicable in so many places. Good call.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:vince::gary:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gwaihir posted:

Well, I mean, we are.... It's just that our echo chamber has been shown to be correct so far and theirs hasn't.

the main difference is dissenting opinions aren't voted down so no one else sees them. people are free to come in here and defend CIG and Crobizzle and everyone will still be able to see it

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

INN posted:

While the stream is on, we will be liveblogging it. Once the stream is done, we will update the page to include a full text summary of the liveblog.

TRANSCRIPT BY ERRIS, CANADIANSYRUP IN PROGRESS

CIG have started the stream early to... host Bob Ross painting happy clouds and things.

Disco Lando just appeared for a second, then disappeared. Back to Bob Ross!

Bob is currently painting a tree, doing the leaves, looks like a very nice early fall tree, greens, yellows, browns. He's switching over to a large brush now, painting in brown and umber, dropping in what looks to be a bush.

Putting a few little trunks into the bush, now going back to yellow, to add in some colour to the bush. Looks quite pretty.

Ok, I'll stop liveblogging Bob Ross now, and wait for the RtV stream to start.

Ok, who am I kidding, this is too engrossing not to liveblog. Bob's moving onto a new painting; he's got a canvass that's got a coat of blue and green, and now he's just painting in some white very loosely.

Bob's telling us to have fun, let things happen, and isn't that just a good lesson for life itself, not just painting.

'These are your woods, so whatever you want in there' I want a Hornet in there. Can we have a Hornet in the woods?

The forest is slowly filling up, trees taking the spaces where the ligt isn't, filtering out the blackness from the white beyond.

Also Disco's occasionally throwing up some of the random SC pre-stream images, then going immediately back to Bob Ross.

Bob is currently waxing philosophical about what noise a carrot makes, while he adds little tiny branches to trees.

The painting gives the impression right now of woods at dusk, a tiny bit of moonlight drifting in between the branches.

The painting gives the impression right now of woods at dusk, a tiny bit of moonlight drifting in between the branches.

And then there was a Disco Lando staring at the screen, and he's gone again. Back to Bob! Part of me wonders if we'll just watch Bob all day, skip RtV entirely. Part of me wouldn't object.

Bob's starting to fill in the mid-ground now. The trees that are there, they sit in the back, lonely and distant. The yellow meadow he's filling in now gives a lustre of life to the painting, bring it closer, more personal.

Bob said 'let there be light', and he mixed some red, blue, and white paint together, starting touching the trees to brighten them, and lo, there was light.

A few touches of light,a nd the painting has transformed from a midnight scene to an early morning view. Bob's adding in more small details, more limbs for the trees.

Bob's blending in the yellow and ochre along the grass, giving them flavour and colour without brightening them too much.

Bob's going to put a nice house in the background now; a house he'd like to live in, so he could sit outside the house, talking to the little white rabbit that lives deep in the forest.

They can't even be assed to show up to their livestream.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

D_Smart posted:

Wait! You're questioning the psychological integrity of the people who BUY JPEGS OF SHIPS FOR A GAME THAT DOES NOT EXIST!?!? Seriously?

:wtchris:

I mean to be fair, Derek, you and I both bought some jpegs for a game that didn't exist when we backed the kickstarter. As I'm sure a lot of other people here did too.

But never mind, I will agree that all of our psychological integrity should be questioned :gary:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Agrajag posted:

the main difference is dissenting opinions aren't voted down so no one else sees them. people are free to come in here and defend CIG and Crobizzle and everyone will still be able to see it

right, that makes it even more echo chambery for them and circlejerky

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
they are downsizing
all is fine, all is well, please
everything is fine

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
im really worried about Ben Lesnick. He is morbidly obese, has glaucoma and will be dead within 5 years due to heart disease.

Ben is fat.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

quote:

[–]ICStarzICstarzHelmet 1 point 1 hour ago
wtf is that supposed to mean? some kind of threat? get over yourself you twat. And enjoying "comedy" at the expense of others is exactly what makes you a prick.

[–][deleted] 1 hour ago
[removed]

[–]qwintsRear Admiral 2 points 28 minutes ago
Comment removed. Be respectful. No personal insults/bashing

Calling someone a twat and a prick isn't a personal insult but not liking SC is. Lol reddit.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I hope they hired an expensive consultant to enact the downsizing parp

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Sarsapariller posted:

They can't even be assed to show up to their livestream.

Wait, the SC livestream ran Bob Ross reruns?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I just got confirmation that my refund will be coming to me within a few days. Took almost a month of waiting, but I'm free of this.

I feel dumb for being swayed in the beginning, but at least these threads have been a source of amusement.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

drkeiscool posted:

I would think they wouldn't want to invite the comparison between themselves and a guy who puts out hundreds of real life JPEGs in half an hour each.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Reddit is a safe space; downvote button is Butters; all posters are fat Vin Diesel.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

quote:

SemiGaseousSnake 3 pontos 27 minutes ago*
Well that's reassuring that they're able to do this given that sections of the game are indeed getting completed. As milestones are met teams usually get leaner and leaner. While CIG is by no means getting lean, this is a healthy and perfectly normal thing in the industry.
Edit: typing on phone words bad no talk good bad talk do

Shart Citizen: Now 5S Compliant.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

de_dust posted:

im really worried about Ben Lesnick. He is morbidly obese, has glaucoma and will be dead within 5 years due to heart disease.

Ben is fat.

Guess he'll never get to see the game release, then.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

drkeiscool posted:

They are literally doing it right now: http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

Edit: Aw they stopped. How appropriate that the video of a man endlessly painting pictures is replaced by a splash screen that just says "SOON."

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 30, 2015

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Nickiepoo posted:

Calling someone a twat and a prick isn't a personal insult but not liking SC is. Lol reddit.
This is what I don't get, it's just so blatantly one sided that other people must've noticed by now. The rest of reddit can't be as bad as that shithole, so why isn't someone stepping in and saying "you're running this place like Pinochet ran loving Chile. Knock it off".

Or is every subreddit its own little kingdom? I don't really know how it works over there.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Sarsapariller posted:

Edit: Aw they stopped. How appropriate that the video of a man endlessly painting pictures is replaced by a splash screen that just says "SOON."

That's SOON™.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drkeiscool posted:

No, there's a Bob Ross marathon on https://www.twitch.tv/BobRoss (officially endorsed by Bob Ross' company) and CIG are just hosting it via the Channel Hosting feature on Twitch.

It's so that if you go to CIG's Twitch channel, it'll just play whatever is on Bob Ross' channel.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
What is going on? Is it always this bad?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Gary Oldman's stupid face is the best thing to come out of the 90 million dollars CIG has spent on making JPEGs

Followed by..

Warning: the above account has a history of trolling.

I'm LOLing so hard right now.

These are the indignant wankers who woke up one morning and decided that it was somehow a pretty good idea to declare war on Goons. Yeah.

Hey Reddit! Archive this!!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Now they say thats your alt account or something. They really are paranoid because I know I posted that, not you. But if you're hiring trolls d_smart, I'm a stay at home dad and I can troll all day.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I feel sorry for anyone who takes a video game so deathly seriously that you can't at least laugh at silly faces and Photoshops.

Unclench, Reddit, unclench. :gary:

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Sarsapariller posted:

Uh, who's the chick in the tank top? Dayum.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do they even talk about on these streams? They always seem to just talk about ships on sale or ships coming to their store, but never any gameplay or whatever to show off. :psyduck:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Unfunny Poster posted:

What do they even talk about on these streams?

fantasies and dreams friend.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Oh look - :lesnick: trying to be funny, and Token is there.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

What do they even talk about on these streams? They always seem to just talk about ships on sale or ships coming to their store, but never any gameplay or whatever to show off. :psyduck:

The next sale mostly.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"It's definitely not sitting around playing the game all day" - CIG person

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
This thread has been making fun of Derek Smart for days it is pro Star Citizen

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
[Dumb joke removed. Not that many will see it.]

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 19, 2016

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.
Live stream vibe seems...I dunno....hard to describe.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MVP posted:

This thread has been making fun of Derek Smart for days it is pro Star Citizen

we always make fun of star citizen and derek, often at the same time friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
That's more than a elevator can take right there, in a single webcam shot.

• Locked thread