Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Maybe his software will malfunction and he will just snap Lewis's neck.

Hopefully :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
lol people are tearing the poo poo out of Tilke for butchering the track.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Umm I think Manor just self destructed
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/manor-f1-chiefs-lowdon-and-booth-resign/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ross Brawn could have told them exactly what would happen once Toto got his foot in the door.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
That's the first time I've heard Nico say that he's going to try something different.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

"Lowdon and Booth are understood to be unhappy that interest from investors to buy in to the team has not been actioned upon."

If they're the kind of people who use the phrase "actioned upon", good riddance

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Well those are some flames coming out of Rosberg's rear wheels

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Nico The Fraud causes his brakes to catch fire in FP1.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Well he did say he was going to try different things this weekend.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I wonder if Sky have considered doing a different thing, ie not interviewing Christian Horner for 5 minutes every single session

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nearly bins it into a wall and his breaks catch fire, Nico Rosberg ladies and gentlemen.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Button's new engine has a terminal problem, go Honda!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
This is fantastic. It's FP1, the track isn't rubbered in and brakes are already catching fire on the Mercs. I'm going to say this is going to be a great race.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Poor Honda engine Twitter account, we hardly knew ye.

Lol Lewis' brakes are borderline exploding as well.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Alonso ran out of good tyres, so he's doing engine mileage on inters in the dry

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Alonso forgot it isnt raining anymore

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
McLaren running on intermediates because they don't want to waste good tires.

They're about two steps away from doing what I do in karting and fishing tires other people have throwing away out of the garbage.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That's not a bad idea in karting, from what I heard about pfi the rich kids bin near enough brand new tyres after 12 laps.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

That's not a bad idea in karting, from what I heard about pfi the rich kids bin near enough brand new tyres after 12 laps.

They would here too but the local economy is based entirely around oil so I'm slapping three year old tires on or tires that you can get three laps out of. As soon as the economy turns around I'm sure I'm going to be in business.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
So it looks like brake cooling is going to be the story of the race.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I for one have no problem with this.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

A reminder for anyone that has lost motivation to watch the last three races, Rosberg has decided that they are a "mini championship that he wants to win". So having mind-gamed Lewis into winning the boring, lame "official" world title, the race for the "desperately trying to justify his place in F1" championship is now on. Prepare for a Rosberg vs Kimi vs Ron Dennis showdown.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis needs to win the next three races to equal the most races won in a single season record held by Schumacher and vettel. I do believe Nico wishes to ruin it for him.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Mclaran splits the manors, well done Jenson.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
It's become quite clear that the last race completely broke Nico.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

NtotheTC posted:

A reminder for anyone that has lost motivation to watch the last three races, Rosberg has decided that they are a "mini championship that he wants to win". So having mind-gamed Lewis into winning the boring, lame "official" world title, the race for the "desperately trying to justify his place in F1" championship is now on. Prepare for a Rosberg vs Kimi vs Ron Dennis showdown.

Meanwhile Kimi thinks they should only have a 2 day race weekend because working 3 days a week is too much effort

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He is officially the Rubens now.

Edit: applies to both Rosberg and Kimi tbh.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
You know what sky? I really don't need to hear about the legend of Eddie Irvine 3-4 times a weekend.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

It's become quite clear that the last race completely broke Nico.

Watching Nico's decent into madness this season has been my favorite thing.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Imagine how Merc feels. They signed a crazy person for several years.
And I am not even talking about Britney yet!

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

pathetic.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

As a child my parents would ship me off to my grandparents every summer where at least twice a week my grandfather would stumble home drunk at 2 am and put on his record of the 1812 overture at full volume.
Austrian?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

Not sure why Are Ron is involved, but I'm excited about it.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Dummy, 1812 overture clearly shows he was Russian!

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007
Has this been posted yet?

Some big rear end curbs down Mexico way.

https://streamable.com/5scf

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

As a child my parents would ship me off to my grandparents every summer where at least twice a week my grandfather would stumble home drunk at 2 am and put on his record of the 1812 overture at full volume.

That actually sounds pretty cool, just not from the perspective of a small child.

learnincurve posted:

They seem to hav tarmaced the pit lane with ice.

I just wanted to see how 'tarmacked' was spelled, but this was the second result in google. :gonk:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tarmacked

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Apparently I can watch F1 for free in Spain somehow, but its in Spanish. This is insanely hosed up.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

track day bro! posted:

Apparently I can watch F1 for free in Spain somehow, but its in Spanish. This is insanely hosed up.

#firstworldproblems #blessed

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

sorry if posted already, im not reading through the last six pages of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Nope. Thankfully I never had to stay with the Austrian grandparents for more than a couple of days at a time.

CratSock posted:

That actually sounds pretty cool, just not from the perspective of a small child.

I somehow managed to get the record. There's been a couple of times I've gotten home drunk and thrown it on for the nostalgia. I'm sure the guy next to me wants to kill me.

• Locked thread