Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Maldoror posted:

lol looks like u got owned :mmmhmm:

LOL!! Not really. They were denying the whole thing, keeping it quiet etc. Until my 09/24 news, which prompted Crobert's 09/25 "report"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
If this thread worked like reddit, it would be 100% :gary: rather than 90% :gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

It seems you can have an avatar bought for you quick if you quote a reddit idiot unsourced.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DoctorStrangelove posted:

In case you don't realize this Derek, it costs him :10bux: to change your avatar but only costs you :5bux: to change it back.

Oh I know. I've bought two of them avatars this week already. My contribution to the JPEG cause :)

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Eonwe posted:

i guess i dont really get what is good about giving an aggregated group of people power to control what comments people see

isnt it just easy to have sequential comments with a number attached to them showing what people thought of the comment

that way you could still see if the hivemind hated it or not, but at least it would be there as part of the discussion

Well I think it's nice if you want to see the most interesting contributions and filter out the shitposting. But it is subject to pretty extreme manipulation.

It's good for casual browsing but terrible for actually watching a conversation take place.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

I love when people block here too because it just gives their posts a big 'CLICK HERE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!' button that they always do.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
CIG's new show should be called Minority Retort.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think so. I remember Goonrathi Goons getting Cowcasters avatar changed and someone mentioning in the SC thread at the time it was idiotic because she could just get it changed for free.

This keeps getting brought up but it never happened. The infamous OFFSITE AVATAR FUND was buying avatars for people like Karl_Ramscheiss or w/e his name is, because goons were getting probated for trolling idiots like him out of the thread and it was super loving obnoxious because the thread in those days attracted hordes of them.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

This thread truly is the gift that keeps on gi:gary:PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

Well I think it's nice if you want to see the most interesting contributions and filter out the shitposting.

It's good for casual browsing but terrible for actually watching a conversation take place.

i guess, but it just means that whatever comment panders the hardest or calls out the OP for being a repost/says how bad the article is will get the top comment

also its hilarious that they defended all those disgusting subreddits but you can find the same people calling for r/shitredditsays to be banned

lol

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Still literally pissing myself over Derek :10bux:ing someone for posting a 'source your quote' from Reddit.

This thread is the best poo poo.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

Could you define what you mean by "ghost team" in your tweet? Like, a couple of customer service reps? A phone relay?

Just low-level people. I am awaiting further details, but it's apparently going to be just support and/or some live ops people there now. No devs.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwaihir posted:

This keeps getting brought up but it never happened. The infamous OFFSITE AVATAR FUND was buying avatars for people like Karl_Ramscheiss or w/e his name is, because goons were getting probated for trolling idiots like him out of the thread and it was super loving obnoxious because the thread in those days attracted hordes of them.

did i ever get part of the fund used on me

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lowtax, show us the numbers. How much did this thread earn you?

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

AP posted:

It seems you can have an avatar bought for you quick if you quote a reddit idiot unsourced.

hahaha

That avatar is great though. I wouldn't even change it if that were me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nickiepoo posted:

I love when people block here too because it just gives their posts a big 'CLICK HERE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!' button that they always do.

thats hilarious, ive never blocked anyone but i like that they don't straight up hide the post

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Paladinus posted:

Lowtax, show us the numbers. How much did this thread earn you?

Threaten him with the FTC!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D_Smart posted:

Don't kid yourself. The Star Citizen community is not "one million people". It's about 700K backers (we're not even sure they're all people), with a few retarded rear end-clowns in the mix.

ps: I didn't dox any "teenager in a wheelchair" or "children", moron. So go back to your Reddit echo chamber. As a token of your visit here, hope you like your new forum avatar.

Dr. Smart, that was me quoting a Redditor. I even linked the post two posts below that original quote. Please give me a new bitchin' avatar. Thanks.

God bless.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

He didn't quote it. He posted it. At least that's the one I responded to:

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'd like to address you and your kind real quick. Don't worry, I'll make it brief:

Why? Why bother with all of the hours spent putting people down and trying to "burn all teh jpegs"? You could spend your time going outside, having fun playing games, or visiting your family. Instead, you choose to go out of your way to intentionally try and hurt people and their visions. Why?

If Star Citizen was going to fail (which it's not), why don't you just leave us "White Knights" (A community of One-Million people, I might add), alone and let us see for ourselves? Why do you care?

By the way, the man you undoubtedly worship doxxes teenagers in wheelchairs and children. Just fyi.

It wasn't until later that he posted the source of the text. By that time, I had already bought him a new avatar because I thought he was a Redditor here trolling us. So was this a case of friendly fire then? :)

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

Well I think it's nice if you want to see the most interesting contributions and filter out the shitposting. But it is subject to pretty extreme manipulation.

So I guess it's only good for the most cookie cutter bullshit that literally everyone will agree on because otherwise whichever side has more people browsing will just suppress the other point of view.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

did i ever get part of the fund used on me

No this was in like, 2013 or some poo poo. Ancient history.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Just low-level people. I am awaiting further details, but it's apparently going to be just support and/or some live ops people there now. No devs.

They'll change that now you've said that, so you've actually created a couple of mid level jobs in Austin, which is pretty amazing to watch happen, just like that.

D_Smart posted:

He didn't quote it. He posted it.

Yeah, that's what happens here to wind people up, make them think you are the one saying something stupid by not properly quoting and sourcing.

There are a few real idiots posting though, Karl somebody and jasendalt or whatever he's called.

AP fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 30, 2015

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AP posted:

They'll change that now you've said that, so you've actually created a couple of mid level jobs in Austin, which is pretty amazing to watch happen, just like that.

Hahahah, this is funny because it's likely to actually happen and be true.

Derek Smart, the job creator we deserve.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe a Bob Ross avatar, he was a great man who brought peace and serenity to the world.

Thank you, God Bless.

Edit -

Also, again, it was two posts below the one you quoted and you could've spotted that it was a joke post.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 30, 2015

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Apparently 2.0 is "content complete" and will be released shortly. We are gonna feel real stupid when it's fun and super cool and reddit was right all along.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Nickiepoo posted:

So I guess it's only good for the most cookie cutter bullshit that literally everyone will agree on because otherwise whichever side has more people browsing will just suppress the other point of view.

It's a good news aggregator for small communities but once you get over a couple thousand subscribers to a subreddit, yeah, it goes to poo poo pretty quickly.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Gwaihir posted:

Hahahah, this is funny because it's likely to actually happen and be true.

Derek Smart, the job creator we deserve.

In before "Still created more jobs than Obama"

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

D_Smart posted:

He didn't quote it. He posted it. At least that's the one I responded to:

It wasn't until later that he posted the source of the text. By that time, I had already bought him a new avatar because I thought he was a Redditor here trolling us. So was this a case of friendly fire then? :)

Yup, unquoting stupid offsite posts is a thing that people do around here for literally this reason :D

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
What's a little blue on blue between friends? :v:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

HexDog posted:

Apparently 2.0 is "content complete" and will be released shortly. We are gonna feel real stupid when it's fun and super cool and reddit was right all along.

So content complete that they haven't been able to produce the "Media Version" of that singleplayer tutorial video they promised weeks ago. So content complete that we haven't seen anything about it except for some screenshots that basically were just stills from the video demo. So content complete that their two-live-shows-a-week continue to show photoshopped concept art and lighting passes instead of the game. Two weeks. Two more weeks. Just... just two weeks.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Again though, lets rampage and blame Reddit for something that's literally only our own fault.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
btw this thread is teaching me to shitpost p.good.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Nickiepoo posted:

It does, after all, take a solid two mouse clicks to change to a chronological view of things instead of a score-based one if that's what you want.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
derek please send vilerat a pm detailing the hullaballoo surrounding the avatar mixup and he'll take care of it

Dirty Hairy
Oct 18, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Octopode posted:

It does, after all, take a solid two mouse clicks to change to a chronological view of things instead of a score-based one if that's what you want.

I didn't even know that was a thing on Reddit.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mormonpartyboat posted:

derek please send vilerat a pm detailing the hullaballoo surrounding the avatar mixup and he'll take care of it

Too soon.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Hey reddit buy everyone here a avatar that mocks derek smart that way derek will have to spend more money to get em changed back.
+You can flag user as one of derek's smarties that way other users will know to avoid that user

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Octopode posted:

Oh poo poo, I actually never saw the 'sort by' button. Thanks friend!

edit: But it'll still hide downvoted comments, welp!

• Locked thread