Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

gret posted:

cultural appropriation

Is this the new term to describe something to be offended by on the internet this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Is it just me or is toto slowly taking over f1? He has shares in 4 teams now...

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

I can't remember if I mentioned it before but this year I got into a genuine 3 hour long screaming match with a Brit who thought Mansell deserved three world championships.

LMAO. You deserve a medal for at least trying to set him straight.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

learnincurve posted:

Is it just me or is toto slowly taking over f1? He has shares in 4 teams now...

What kills me is the man came out of nowhere. Who had heard of him five years ago?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

krushgroove posted:

Is this the new term to describe something to be offended by on the internet this week?
Well I mean, it's a bunch of guys wearing gimp masks in public even though they're (to our knowledge) not into the whole BDSM culture.

I don't think we've seen a picture of Max Mosley wearing one yet. He's legit and doesn't need to show off like all these posers.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

What kills me is the man came out of nowhere. Who had heard of him five years ago?

The families of all the other executives he ate on his way to the top.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
track looks pretty good

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Like a boss

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Max showing his talent off.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
"I crash, sorry"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

The Peraltada claims its first victim

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Confirmation that Max is Jos's son.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Something went under his car before he crashed?!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Doc Morbid posted:

The Peraltada claims its first victim

I believe you mean the mansell

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I'm going to call it now, at least two red flags during the race.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Wish I didn't but yeah

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ah, the f1 scooter ride of shame.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'm in the pub, would someone tell me how much they've ruined Mexico for me

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

IceAgeComing posted:

I'm in the pub, would someone tell me how much they've ruined Mexico for me

Alot.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Fraudtteri Botass ladies and gentlemen.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Bottas status: fraud and disgrace to :finland:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
:stare:

loving Bottas.

Seriously though, the man is a loving fraud.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
go home Botass you're drunk

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That replay camera angle...

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
This quite possibly is going to be the race of the year.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Lots of fraudulent driving today

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Was this track washed with oil or something before practice? This is going to be an insane race if they continue to find no grip.

learnincurve posted:

That replay camera angle...

Yeah that made my 4 year old daughter jump out the seat

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's dancing on ice.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

This quite possibly is going to be the race of the year.

It will be a parade, as soon as anyone goes off line they end up facing the wrong way.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Was this track washed with oil or something before practice? This is going to be an insane race if they continue to find no grip.

Its new asphalt, oil is quite literally coming up through the track the more the cars go through.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I like this track, I love the way it just goes right through the middle of the grandstand, I just hope it yields a good race.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Its new asphalt, oil is quite literally coming up through the track the more the cars go through.

I'm not familiar with tarmacking, is this a normal thing that happens?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I believe it happened with Austin the first year. The issue here is I think they only finished paving it 3 weeks ago so its probably not done being cured yet.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Jesus, you can see the oil sitting in the surface before that corner.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Tar = 'Oil'

If its not set enough then yes this can and does happen.

tbh. If I was Bernie I would cancel the race this track is unsafe

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

I believe it happened with Austin the first year. The issue here is I think they only finished paving it 3 weeks ago so its probably not done being cured yet.

That makes sense then, I didn't realise it was only 3 weeks ago it was finished being paved, its still drying out in essence.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

All the good road pavers from Mexico are working in the US.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I hope this is like the first back to back races at the local kart track where the tarmac starts coming up in the corners a la detroit 84.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

ukle posted:

Tar = 'Oil'

If its not set enough then yes this can and does happen.

Bernie wouldn't leave the track alive if that happened.

Hmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

ukle posted:

This is why you aren't bernie.

• Locked thread