Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Eonwe posted:

honestly i think games is better now than it was years ago

there are lovely posts, more or less depending on the thread, but overall people still talk about games and they aren't scared they are going to get probated

its very good IMHO

i would imagine other people agree with you because it's the only subforum that's seen a growth in users/activity/guests opposed to all of the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

im not sure, i adopted her and she is around 3 years old

im glad of adopting her because the thought of her being put down makes me sad

Just think of all the other cats you didn't adopt that were put down.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Please paywall the thread, Star Citizen forums have a forum you need to pay $10 a month to access, the subscriber forum and another one that you need to have paid $1000 to access, the concierge forums. They are getting all this funny poo poo for free and don't value it, if they had to pay they'll like it much more as that's what they expect.

what you really have to do is offer ban insurance as a limited time offer, then they'll come out in droves to invest in such a great deal

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

AP posted:

Please paywall the thread, Star Citizen forums have a forum you need to pay $10 a month to access, the subscriber forum and another one that you need to have paid $1000 to access, the concierge forums. They are getting all this funny poo poo for free and don't value it, if they had to pay they'll like it much more as that's what they expect.

this is a really bad idea. the goal should be to entice people to register and participate instead of shutting them out of whatever might lure them here

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

did I ever tell you about the time derek took me out to go get a drink with him? we go off looking for a bar and we can’t find one. finally, derek takes me into a vacant lot and says, "here we are!" well, we sat there for a year and a half, and sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. the day they opened it, he ordered a coke, drank it, and then burnt the place to the ground. derek yelled over the roar of the flames, "always leave things the way you found them!"

ROTFLMAO!!! Oh man, now I gotta clean coffee from my monitor.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

that does make me sad, but then i realize that i as a person can only do so much in life and trying to do a small good and realizing its small is better than not doing anything because it would only make a small impact

lots of small goods add up

i would save all the animals if i could

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

MeLKoR posted:

That would be hilarious but they can't even be arsed to paywall the thread which is a complete mindfuck to me. This poo poo would be a goldmine.

Yea... Lowtax is losing out

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Romes128 posted:

You should go into your squalid bathroom, look deeply into your own eyes in the mirror and say

"I am a dick" 3 times.

Dick.

Cattes are nice :3:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tank Boy Ken posted:

While we're on the topic of machines: Which 'Mech are you(everyone) ?

https://4screens.net/e/561e91608ff884010057d3b4

The Kickstarter is super close to reaching its goal for multiplayer pvp.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i really wish there were some more Games 'events' or 'projects'

we had the shitposter challenge for a while which I liked a lot, but it can be tough to get people involved

with the advent of free to play games we could probably more reliably do that Games Roulette thing that people used to do in MMO

like we could all goonrush a F2P game for a week or two

idk

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well poo poo, my halloween costume fell through.

I might just print out :gary: on a big sheet of foamcore and make a mask out of it.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

You should go into your squalid bathroom, look deeply into your own eyes in the mirror and say

"I am a dick" 3 times.

Dick.

Cattes are nice :3:

I don't like cats.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

i really wish there were some more Games 'events' or 'projects'

we had the shitposter challenge for a while which I liked a lot, but it can be tough to get people involved

with the advent of free to play games we could probably more reliably do that Games Roulette thing that people used to do in MMO

like we could all goonrush a F2P game for a week or two

idk

You mean like a "Let's Design & Develop an RPG Maker game?" kind of thing?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

I don't like cats.

they are good, actually

many animals are good, in fact

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Hey Reddit, did you archive that yet another of Derek Smart's predictions came true, right down to the fact that the layed-off staffers were informed in September?

Please remember to archive that part.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

You mean like a "Let's Design & Develop an RPG Maker game?" kind of thing?

oh no i meant like, we pick a free to play game and we all play together

could be an MMO, FPS, whatever

and it could be like a thing, idk

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Romes128 posted:

I don't like cats.

Fair enough, and I don't like dicks but you don't hear me crowing about the wanton killing of dicks now do ya?

Just sayin...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Hey Reddit, did you archive that yet another of Derek Smart's predictions came true, right down to the fact that the layed-off staffers were informed in September?

Please remember to archive that part.

actually like bitcoins, this is okay and even good for star citizen because:

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Romes128 posted:

I don't like cats.

My cat doesn't like you either.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Thinking about the uptight Star Citizens who lurk this thread just to stalk Derek would just archive the post for their friends so they didn't have to pay anyway.

If you're lurking pay $10 and say something if you're enjoying the thread.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Kewpuh posted:

this is a really bad idea. the goal should be to entice people to register and participate instead of shutting them out of whatever might lure them here

Yeah I only registered because this is the first forum (i came across) in which you can actually post about video games in a reasonable moderated "zone". German gaming forums tend to be rather :gary: Paaaarrrrrppp. And there are cool and interesting threads like these: PTNs Lets play BT http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383329 and A/T Treffic Engineer http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3177805

SneakyFrog posted:

Fair enough, and I don't like dicks but you don't hear me crowing about the wanton killing of dicks now do ya?

If you have a dick on your own: I hope you like that one.

EDIT:
Source: https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/660195847599091712

quote:

Slow-mo footage of our pad abort test in May, a critical test in preparation for our first human missions.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

oh no i meant like, we pick a free to play game and we all play together

could be an MMO, FPS, whatever

and it could be like a thing, idk

I'd be down for that. Could be fun if it's some lesser known game so even not many goons is a massive tide of players

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Please post more cat jpegs while we wait for more blues to be shot.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Eonwe posted:

actually like bitcoins, this is okay and even good for star citizen because:

there doing they're job so well that their is too little work left for so many employees

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Berious posted:

I'd be down for that. Could be fun if it's some lesser known game so even not many goons is a massive tide of players

Just about any games with Goons is a fun experience, even when Goons ruin everything.

Light-headed Fool
May 17, 2009

Where did my head go?
this is the thread why I joined SA in 2009

parpspeed, goons

:gary:

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
had to skip. What's the best thing to come out of the last 16 pages?

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Amarcarts posted:

paaaaarrrrrrpppp :gary:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

RedTonic posted:

Please post more cat jpegs while we wait for more blues to be shot.

Puppies or GTFO

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

derek's going to end up owning SA isn't he

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eonwe posted:

that does make me sad, but then i realize that i as a person can only do so much in life and trying to do a small good and realizing its small is better than not doing anything because it would only make a small impact

lots of small goods add up

i would save all the animals if i could

Eonwe...

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I love that it is entirely likely that a game company that has raised close to 100 million dollars is making major business decisions entirely to spite or attempt to discredit Derek Smart.

Seriously, signing a new lease with skeleton staffing rather than confirming rumors/leaks of full branch closure? :wtchris:

:gary: PAAAAARRP

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DarkRefreshment posted:

Puppies or GTFO

Puppies and cats are both cool and good.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

I wonder what this looks like the in late game. "Yes finally the fat has been trimmed. All that remains is the sleek efficient muscle of 5 dedicated individuals. Expect to see breakneck progress! After all, Richard Garriot coded Ultima by himself. That was a great game, 5 Garriots = 5x the greatness!!!"

You see, Chris Roberts is a practitioner of homeopathic game development. That's where you take your team of developers, dilute it by 10 times with jpeg concept artists and community managers and video producers, and then throw away 9 parts. Then you take your game engine and dilute it ten times...

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Romes128 posted:

I don't like cats.

Mods?

Tortolia posted:

I love that it is entirely likely that a game company that has raised close to 100 million dollars is making major business decisions entirely to spite or attempt to discredit Derek Smart.

It is pretty good and I hope that this is actually the case.

ether
May 20, 2001

mormonpartyboat posted:

there doing they're job so well that their is too little work left for so many employees

Also, locking down on mechanics and ramping up art and features need many more coders. :psyduck:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

DarkRefreshment posted:

Puppies or GTFO

Somethin weird about that cat. But it's cute.

What's the over/under on whether DS is A. actually suing in November and B. the books'll be opened as a result? My shriveled, bean-counting soul is just dying to run numbers on the financials.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Amarcarts posted:

Buncha layoffs in Austin. I mean, that's not a good thing, but it's yet another thing Smart Got Right.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

mormonpartyboat posted:

did I ever tell you about the time derek took me out to go get a drink with him? we go off looking for a bar and we can’t find one. finally, derek takes me into a vacant lot and says, "here we are!" well, we sat there for a year and a half, and sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. the day they opened it, he ordered a coke, drank it, and then burnt the place to the ground. derek yelled over the roar of the flames, "always leave things the way you found them!"

There used to be a street called Derek Smart Avenue until he roundhouse kicked it into space because no one crosses Derek Smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

What will be released first? Star Citizen or Lowtaxs mmo?

• Locked thread