Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amarcarts posted:

had to skip. What's the best thing to come out of the last 16 pages?

I quoted a redditor, Derek Smart thought it was me being serious, then bought me a AV making it seem I was a SC Cultist, then realized it was a mistake and sent me a $5 coupon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Overheard over at the Reddit Kool-Aid dispensing machine

quote:

Yeah, that was their reply one day after his tweet, so damage control mode
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 8:12 AM
DS tweet about Austin layoffs was 24th

quote:

To give him his credit he was right about the Austin studio closing and Ben didn't tell us but let us find out this way. All the artists and PU staff gone, just like that.

Immediately followed by:

quote:

Ignore him, it's just another Alt account for DS.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://imperialnews.network/2015/10/reverse-verse-episode-69-liveblog/

quote:

Lots of work on 2.0, they’re content complete, just bug fixing and polishing now.

[Land on a planet in 2.0?] If you try to land on a planet, first you get a message saying you’re entering the gravitational field, and if you continue for a while, you’ll eventually die.

The concept phase of the crucible is locked down, they’re working on what they need to show people when it goes up for sale. Ben and Sandi come up with a list of things: concept image, show it working with a capital ship, show it picking up a smaller ship, blueprints, what to include on the design post for repair, etc…
Should see the Crucible soon (concept art sale)

[Can friends visit each others hangars in 2.0?] No. That comes with persistence. (Note this feature was originally planned for 9 weeks after the August 2013 release of the Hangar module)

[890 jump for sale again?] Probably. ($600 concept art sale)

[Update on concierge ‘stuff’?] Yes. Alexis believes next week, possibly, they’ll start selling the special Concierge card. They’ll have those available for sale for a few weeks so everyone gets a chance to order one. Also talking about Concierge flair for 2016. (metal card sale)

There will be some new pre-order merchandise coming in November for the November livestream. (November sale)

In addition to the livestream in November, there’ll be one in December as well. December 16th, holiday livestream. (December sale, new sale)

[Can we buy / earn ships in 2.0?] No, not yet.
[Will 2.0 have currency?] yes-no (coy looks between Ben and Lando) (lol no, can't have you not buying ships with real money)

Not going to tell when 2.0 comes. It’ll be when it’s ready. And it’s not cause they know. They just don’t know yet. It could be 10 minutes from now, could be 3 weeks from now. It’s got to be in a position where it’s a value for the community to test it. Can’t rush.

More on link.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Speaking of forum projects, has the Games forum ever tried to develop a game? UE4 is free after all.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

DarkRefreshment posted:

Puppies or GTFO

There's mine.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Buncha layoffs in Austin. I mean, that's not a good thing, but it's yet another thing Smart Got Right.

yet another thing Karl somebody has to rationalize to himself.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

A Neurotic Jew posted:

yet another thing Karl somebody has to rationalize to himself.

And Octopode whom I won't bother since he just got back from Pyongyang or something and needs his rest.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Justin Tyme posted:

Speaking of forum projects, has the Games forum ever tried to develop a game? UE4 is free after all.

Well there was this little thing called Zyborne Clock

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

yeah redditors are honestly the biggest hypocrites ever about free speech

they are against anything submitted being deleted by anyone no matter what the content is, but if you dare go against the circlejerk they will downvote you so hard nobody will see your comment

effectively deleting it

thats why even if SA dies I'm not going to end up on reddit

im not going to post somewhere where my posts get ignored because some people on the internet downvoted it

i do a good enough job getting ignored on my own i don't need my posts be lowered and hidden because enough people downvoted it

This is why i'm unironically glad that Octopode keeps posting here.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! Not really. They were denying the whole thing, keeping it quiet etc. Until my 09/24 news, which prompted Crobert's 09/25 "report"

Dr. Smart, it would make us all incredibly happy if you said :gary: PAAAAAAARRP in one of your posts. please make us all very happy. tia.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

2DCAT posted:

Dr. Smart, it would make us all incredibly happy if you said :gary: PAAAAAAARRP in one of your posts. please make us all very happy. tia.

:respek:

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

And Octopode whom I won't bother since he just got back from Pyongyang or something and needs his rest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photorefractive_keratectomy

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

I meant serious attempts :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

There's mine.

That's a mighty cute long faced dog.

I have two others, possibly because I'm mentally insane and the wife and I don't have kids yet.

And yes he wears bowties, bowties are cool

And to stay somewhat on topic

:gary: PAAAAAAARRP

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 30, 2015

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

pics of my catte

Risky move eonwe. Reddit had my cat's paw removed from imgur because they're nazis and hate cats. i hope your beloved cat pictures do not meet the same fate.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Nickiepoo posted:

btw this thread is teaching me to shitpost p.good.

I gotta say, this thread has firmly taught me what the rush of shitposting feels like.

However, it has also taught me that I have too little stamina and too much sperg to keep it up.

So carry on and PARRRRRRRRRP :gary:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
not mine

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kakarot posted:

not mine

:3:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Kakarot posted:

not mine

God drat that's cute furry as gently caress. Just like I like my women.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

Risky move eonwe. Reddit had my cat's paw removed from imgur because they're nazis and hate cats. i hope your beloved cat pictures do not meet the same fate.

that would be rude

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

just so you know, this is Vilerat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Smith_(diplomat)

He was a bigshot goon diplomat in EVE and also the foreign service officer killed in Benghazi (also a pretty nice guy)

Technically Vilerat is still a moderator on one of the subforums despite this...so PMing him would not do you any good anyway.

Vilerat was a good dude irl o7

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Whatever you say comrade.

DarkRefreshment posted:

And yes he wears bowties, bowties are cool

And to stay somewhat on topic

:gary: PAAAAAAARRP
The bow tie is indeed adorable.

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mormonpartyboat posted:

did I ever tell you about the time derek took me out to go get a drink with him? we go off looking for a bar and we can’t find one. finally, derek takes me into a vacant lot and says, "here we are!" well, we sat there for a year and a half, and sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. the day they opened it, he ordered a coke, drank it, and then burnt the place to the ground. derek yelled over the roar of the flames, "always leave things the way you found them!"

:gary: Pleasantly surprised this didn't end with "that's him in the wheelchair".

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Someone already alerted me to that.

If I ever find out it's the mods, I will a) tell Lowtax b) delete my a/c and never come back

hey derek would you want to participate in goon projects like leading goons to build their very own star shitizen. With you leading goons to make a game. If you start a thread everyone would participate, Because it would be Derek Smart making a awesome game.

Or maybe you could participate in sagdcXI a game jam where you get 1 month of time to make a functional game. (next one is in december I think)
seriously everyone should check out the games that got made during the summer jam. http://www.awfuljams.com/sagdc-x/games most of these games are better than star citizen

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kewpuh posted:

this is a really bad idea. the goal should be to entice people to register and participate instead of shutting them out of whatever might lure them here

I dunno man, the way these people are obsessed with SA and DS and with the money they have shown they are willing to part with :10bux: for this thread alone would be something they couldn't resist. Many of them couldn't not know what we are scheming daily. I'd give it a shot for a week (I doubt they could resist that much) and then bring it back to the public.

e:

AP posted:

Thinking about the uptight Star Citizens who lurk this thread just to stalk Derek would just archive the post for their friends so they didn't have to pay anyway.
Yeah, there's that. They'd avoid giving us any money if possible.

e2:

Furious Mittens posted:

Just about any games with Goons is a fun experience, even when Goons ruin everything.

That's how I got into SA, in 2004 I was in the "pissed off at goons" side of the trench. The game was existed and was fun but a goon alliance found a bug and instead of reporting it to the creators so they would fix it they decided to ruin everything. Months of work down the drain just when it was about to pay off... But the goons seemed to be having a lot of fun before loving everything and then mocked us mercilessly after doing it.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 30, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Just raise the paywall on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

AP posted:

To be fair Star Citizen possibly is content complete.

you lost me at possibly

let me just wave my magic dick wand

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Kewpuh posted:

your account has never had any action applied to it by a mod (title changes, probation requests, ban requests, etc)

Kewpuh is the best. When questioned on items, he'll provide evidence of being on the up and up. Meanwhile, if you call CIG on BS, they'll only respond with :gary: PAAAAAARRP

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

let me just wave my magic dick wand

:gary::dong:

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

SirPhoebos posted:

And Crimson Haze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TihnJJoOzqs

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

D_Smart posted:

Overheard over at the Reddit Kool-Aid dispensing machine

Immediately followed by:

Did they fire the PU staff? That's what most of the biggest cultists are really looking forward to. A life replacement in the Verse. If Chris just shits out his bad 10 hour movie and calls it a day there will be lots of sad shitizens.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

2DCAT posted:

Kewpuh is the best. When questioned on items, he'll provide evidence of being on the up and up. Meanwhile, if you call CIG on BS, they'll only respond with :gary: PAAAAAARRP

If this were CIG forums, the moderator would by now be either screaming profanities in public*, if they were the greener sort, or being a sleazy shitbag while showing next to nothing, claiming it's "Moderator juristiction! Get back to talking about how awesome we are, or we ban anyone that wants to talk about this on trumped up bullshit space court charges!"

*and banning anyone who responded to them in kind, while getting away scot free themselves.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 30, 2015

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kewpuh posted:

this is a really bad idea. the goal should be to entice people to register and participate instead of shutting them out of whatever might lure them here

I thought the way the paywall worked was it let you read a few pages before throwing up the blinders? But then I don't try reading SA forums while not logged in.

And putting popular threads behind the paywall gave us these gems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUpcl_P9ZTw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9cqtaKQLwA

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
They're probably going to release 2.0 when Horizons releases for Elite Dangerous cause that's totally a thing they'd do cause their mad ED exists and is good.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

SirPhoebos posted:

I thought the way the paywall worked was it let you read a few pages before throwing up the blinders? But then I don't try reading SA forums while not logged in.

I know for a fact that I spent 2 years reading SA without an account, with about two 3-month paywall breaks inbetween. And they weren't timed around any particular drama I could detect (well...maybe Dangan Ronpa, but like I care...)

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

doctor iono posted:

so the layoffs went through?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3quxzw/restructuring_layoffs_taking_place_today_in/

some woman named megan is leaving? among others?

A bit old, but

quote:

[–]Masento 5 points 4 hours ago

I can't wait to hear what sort of sensationalist garbage the media and Dimwit Shart spin about this.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
No need to paywall this thread, IMO. Good to have people reading poo poo on SA then registering then in the future maybe spending money. Honestly, even without a paywall, this thread has made boatloads just on butthurt people changing avatars and buying emotes. Glorious stuff, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Romes128 posted:

They're probably going to release 2.0 when Horizons releases for Elite Dangerous cause that's totally a thing they'd do cause their mad ED exists and is good.

Define "good"

• Locked thread