Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Omi-Polari posted:

reasonable fee

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

trucutru posted:

I don't know about you guys but I see a lot of progress being made

Past and Current Releases of Star Citizen

Alpha 2.0 is the next planned release for Star Citizen

The 'End Goal' of Star Citizen

After all's said and done, these are all the parts of SC that have been promised to be completed, hopefully by 2017.

Real question: is there a jpeg of the original kickstarter's goals somewhere?

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Omi-Polari posted:

Sir, I am interested in acquiring your JPEGs, perhaps for a reasonable fee. Let us meet to discuss such an opportunity.

Quit trolling, those are png and therefore hold no value.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

woah a game within a game? Sounds like a good value.

Wait what's the first game again?

They need to have arcades with mini games in too, you know for recreational purposes

And food, nightclubs with pole dancers, transportation, more variety of jobs like office worker, lawyers etc

it should be really immersive, not everyone will be really good at spaceships and exploring though so it should accommodate the other players left in the dark in this multipurpose all inclusive game.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I buy gif avatars thank you.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Whoa there, how much for them jpegs? :10bux:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Don't the contained circles imply these things work together? It should be a bunch of disconnected circles floating in space.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you're interested in Star Citizen but can't wait -- you're looking for the ultimate gaming experience -- I know a place. I'm talking MASSIVE persistent universes, space, simulators, mini-games, social. In every conceivable setting and combination. And for less money. Here's a link.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They could have stayed in TX. I still don't know why the LA studio was even created.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 2, 2016

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Past and Current Priorities of CIG Employees

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Neurotic Jew :allears:

Malcolm
May 11, 2008
Hey I bet Sandi is gonna hate No Shave November, lol. That joke isn't very original, until you consider the lazer shaver.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
I just bought a laser shaver, so it looks like I'm doing No Shave November.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Omi-Polari posted:

Neurotic Jew :allears:

:freep: The Jews did 9/11 destroyed Star Citizen! :freep:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

i'm the guy who got hired for making funny youtube videos and leaked a ton of secret game assets to the public via a screenshot leading to unsecured storage that didn't lose his job immediately

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Justin Tyme posted:

i'm the guy who got hired for making funny youtube videos and leaked a ton of secret game assets to the public via a screenshot leading to unsecured storage that didn't lose his job immediately

hello

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The graceful landing animation on the official video at the end of this has convinced me to buy some JPEGs. Sorry GIFailures but SC is the future.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15036-Weekly-Development-Update

a few minor issues

quote:

-Frame rate is very sluggish at times
-We have a few crashes which are currently blocking the comms array gameplay
-Unable to spawn Multicrew ships in release mode
-EVA needs to be more responsive and much less buggy! Player can spin out of control and also suffer latency issues – hopefully these are fixed in next build with some recent animation code fixes
-Walking on to a ship can cause it to have no flight functionality but works fine if you debug spawn straight in to the cockpit; probably related to a recent IFCS code change
-Server Crashes when AI units fire weapons. This blocks other testing, of course.
-Pistol ADS animations are blocked until we finalize Stocked (rifle) ADS system.
-Character Sprint animations needs a review once the [weapon] lowered pose is finalized. This is a potential blocker.
-EVA needs to support personal weapon usage, this will require code support as well as adjustments to the base poses.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Reddit. I am willing to inform on goons for that sweet sweet karma points.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jaegerx posted:

Reddit. I am willing to inform on goons for that sweet sweet karma points.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eonwe posted:

btw, Lowtax is in a time of great need

he is moving away from hamster powered storage toward :siren: THE CLOUD :siren: and is accepting donations

you will get a mystery prize next month if you donate

just remember that many of you recently got star citizen refunds and $5 could go to papa lowtax to keep this drama machine alive

http://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't waste any money on Star Citizen, so I was glad to throw it at Lowtax instead,

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Looks like the cloaking device on the Retaliator is working well...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

ObackVice Admiral 23 points 5 hours ago

Have we ever really gotten an sincere answer as to why Star Marine by itself is so hosed? seems like it is being pushed to the side once again.

[–]odusanyaka 30 points 4 hours ago

Honestly I think it was Illfonic. Foundry was able to create this amazing game around a gas giant and revolutionized the large world space with 64 bit worlds....and yet they still have to work on fixes for the fps portion of the game when illfonic had as much time as they did. Illfonic has been working on star marine since the kickstarter right?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
not reading the rest of this crap but i just wanted to say i read the article about combat being overhauled completely and im happy that i can finally get both the star citizen and starbound experiences from one game now

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

DolphinCop posted:

not reading the rest of this crap but i just wanted to say i read the article about combat being overhauled completely and im happy that i can finally get both the star citizen and starbound experiences from one game now

same

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Imagine watching this and not demanding a refund immediately.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When in doubt, blame others.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

trucutru posted:

quote:

ObackVice Admiral 23 points 5 hours ago

Have we ever really gotten an sincere answer as to why Star Marine by itself is so hosed? seems like it is being pushed to the side once again.

[–]odusanyaka 30 points 4 hours ago

Honestly I think it was Illfonic. Foundry was able to create this amazing game around a gas giant and revolutionized the large world space with 64 bit worlds....and yet they still have to work on fixes for the fps portion of the game when illfonic had as much time as they did. Illfonic has been working on star marine since the kickstarter right?

a better question would be why are so many resources being dedicated to a fps when, by all accounts, this should be a space sim?

answer: theyre all :gary: :gizz: paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp~~~

moonraker
Oct 29, 2015
My mentalphorical assessment

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

quote:

"Foundry was able to create this amazing game around a gas giant and revolutionized the large world space with 64 bit worlds"

A revolution of double precision floating point numbers. Well, it would be, if it weren't so broke.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Poe's law states that without a clear indicator of the author's intent, parodies of extremism are indistinguishable from sincere expressions of the parodied views.

They're only supporting star citizen ironically. The joke's been on us all along.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Wasn't co-op for Squadron 42 officially dropped? Or was it one of those classic Lesnick equivocal "not on launch, but someday" things?

Erik Satie owns.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Amazing coupled with the silicon valley clip and that's CIG.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Game

Star Citizen - 2017

:tinfoil:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wise Learned Man posted:

Wasn't co-op for Squadron 42 officially dropped? Or was it one of those classic Lesnick equivocal "not on launch, but someday" things?

It was dropped form the main campaign but players should be able to co-op in specific sub-missions... someday, no promises, it's coming, probably.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Imagine watching this and not demanding a refund immediately.
I don't think I can-- but I vicariously experience the second hand rapture via Reddit and the Brown Sea...

Wait. What's this? I sense a disturbance in The Farce. As if dozens of voices suddenly cried at the error and will shortly be silenced.

"It's Pre-Alpha!"

Note: Lo these many months later, it's still in pre-alpha.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 20, 2016

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

You know my main complaint about space games has long been "gee, I wish there were more cut-scenes" so I'm glad Star Citizen is spending lots of money on cut-scenes.

I hope they're un-skippable too because they are my favourite kind.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"this amazing game around a gas giant"
Even the backers can't help but comment on Ben's size.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kilmers Elbow posted:

You know my main complaint about space games has long been "gee, I wish there were more cut-scenes" so I'm glad Star Citizen is spending lots of money on cut-scenes.

I hope they're un-skippable too because they are my favourite kind.

90 million. You bet your rear end they're unskippable.

SelenicMartian posted:

"this amazing game around a gas giant"
Even the backers can't help but comment on Ben's size.

:captainpop:

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
Next level star citizen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avoFdZzmpHE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I'd wear a mask too if I was showing that off. Doesn't even have a tilt screen.

• Locked thread