Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

:coffee:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
That fucktard is actually wearing one of those lovely COD face masks to hide his face. What a hardcore gamer. I guess his cooling system is purified Mountain Dew.

Edit: the coffee makers appear! That's like 35k!

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
He should come out of the closet and show his gamer pryde.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Needs more blue lights.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Well you can just tell by looking their coffee is crap compared to Santa Monica's...

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Why do they have a display fridge.

Why is there a logo on their display fridge.

:psyduck:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Why do they have a display fridge.

Why is there a logo on their display fridge.

:psyduck:
So that they can sell it to the whales eventually.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

2DCAT posted:

Vilerat was a good dude irl o7

I played pbem games of smacx with vilerat, scrubber, evil weasel, the red mence shard phoenix and Hammerstein a loving life time ago. Vile rat was by far the coolest guy. I think he played the pirates a lot and did some great moves in the early game but he lost steam for the spergy end game. He even talked me down from being an rear end which was impossible to do back in the day.

I will never forget that chill goon vilerat. :unsmith:

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Idris M Pricing also collapsed from a peak of $3800 from memory, down to $2400 for anyone looking to pick up a wild bargain. https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/3qvknw/blackmarket_idris_m_2299_just_how_low_can_it_go/

Scythe's down from a peak of $1800 to $1000 now.

Grey market RSI rate (non LTI) remains steady at about 80-85%.

LTI looking at being "valued" at about $0-$20, with "Limited ships" being kind of useless - probably because they aren't limited at all.
CIG finally did it. LTI is worth nothing, even on the grey market.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Hey redditors, it's not Illfonic's fault Star Marine got shitcanned (yes, it got shitcanned, the assets are reused but all the FPS stuff was recoded), but rather CIG's dumbass decision to contract out part of the game while they were converting the engine to 64 bit, making anything Illfonic made unable to be merged into the main branch. They completely wasted their money other than whatever reusable assets they might have got from them and you are all idiots if you can't see that it's all been redone from the ground up.

I can picture when they had that one producer actually go to Illfonic's studio when they were already over the two weeks release date in an effort to hasten things up a bit, only to realize they were in full panic when they realized none of the poo poo they had made could possibly be integrated back into the game after all that work. Which would make sense given those Glassdoor reviews saying there is poor communication.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 31, 2015

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Autism throne

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!
chill out broskis it's still pre-alpha.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Turn down for paaaaaaarp?

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

Hey redditors, it's not Illfonic's fault Star Marine got shitcanned (yes, it got shitcanned, the assets are reused but all the FPS stuff was recoded), but rather CIG's dumbass decision to contract out part of the game while they were converting the engine to 64 bit, making anything Illfonic made unable to be merged into the main branch. They completely wasted their money other than whatever reusable assets they might have got from them and you are all idiots if you can't see that it's all been redone from the ground up.

I can picture when they had that one producer actually go to Illfonic's studio when they were already over the two weeks release date in an effort to hasten things up a bit, only to realize they were in full panic when they realized none of the poo poo they had made could possibly be integrated back into the game after all that work. Which would make sense given those Glassdoor reviews saying there is poor communication.

What infuriates me

- Everyone is entirely blind to the gross inefficiencies that were done and whiteknighting CIG, while seeminly embracing the idea that "SQ42 will fund the PU".

- Millions upon millions were utterly blown on arrogance.
- "Open development" being everything (spamming PR crap) while refusing to talk about the things that really matter.
- Studio "updates" that are always positive - without acknowledgement of the genuine issues and problems that come with development - a far departure from the "honest look" backers were supposed to get into the project
- Not so much as a pie chart showing the financials.
- "Demos" that are "built" for the purposes of showing off the game, not showing actual progress. They actually said "we learned so much in getting the demo ready". Truly frightening.

Oh well. At least Ben has lost some more weight and is being heartily congratulated for it.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

MOAR posted:

chill out broskis it's still pre-alpha.

We've moved on. Where have you been?

Also...

“Never trust people who smile constantly. They're either selling something or not very bright.”

― Laurell K. Hamilton, Burnt Offerings

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 31, 2015

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

I'm disappointed all 6 sides of the room aren't projection screens or something. A single screen is for the unworthy.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Does Alpha 2.0 even have a release date now or is it 'soon' or 'eventually' or 'two weeks'? Is it coming out before or after SQ42 with :gary:? I still don't see how them losing a bunch of people as they are going into a second version of a loving alpha is a good thing. Typically you shed people at the end of a game when all you really need is bug testing and art stuff before you launch it. Not when you are in alpha and you need to get revved up to get poo poo done to go into beta. Its goddamn delusional. "Oh, everything is ok! They are just shedding dead weight!" Yeah, because when a company is shedding employees when it needs them at a crucial point is always a good sign.

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Oct 31, 2015

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Fascinating.

FingerbangMisfire
Feb 17, 2007

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, honesty, and decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
I'm free. YE GODS I'M FREE. First refund response was Oct 13. And on this glorious Oct 31, I was refunded--the dineros appeared in my paypal at the same time I got my email

A happy paaaaaaaaaarp'oween to all goons :gary:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jethro_E7 posted:

Fascinating.
Is... Is it possible to shop this face/hair onto all the current photos?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
But why is he in the wheelchair? Because he's :gary:paaaaaaaaaaaaaarplegic

:downsrim:

I'll show myself out.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper Dan posted:

Does Alpha 2.0 even have a release date now or is it 'soon' or 'eventually' or 'two weeks'? Is it coming out before or after SQ42 with :gary:? I still don't see how them losing a bunch of people as they are going into a second version of a loving alpha is a good thing. Typically you shed people at the end of a game when all you really need is bug testing and art stuff before you launch it. Not when you are in alpha and you need to get revved up to get poo poo done to go into beta. Its goddamn delusional. "Oh, everything is ok! They are just shedding dead weight!" Yeah, because when a company is shedding employees when it needs them at a crucial point is always a good sign.

You just answered your own question.

> you shed people at the end of the game
> they are shedding people

ergo

> they are in the polishing phase

A couple more weeks and it will be ready for release. You'd realize this if you weren't so blindly following of your Smart messiah.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Alpha 2.0 is probably going to get released the same day as the E:D expansion, except the only change to the game is the revision build number and they will make you redownload everything.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's even funnier is cig will make almost no money after the game launches (if ever) cause the only people that would buy it have already backed it and will receive a copy.

Also yeah, I said yesterday they'll release 2.0 when Horizons releases. There's no concrete release date for Horizons yet tho, which is why there's no date for 2.0. Lol.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem

Eonwe posted:

dmsart said paaaarp :toot:

If you stare long enough into the abyss the aby... you know, I've got no loving idea who the abyss is in this case.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Romes128 posted:

What's even funnier is cig will make almost no money after the game launches (if ever) cause the only people that would buy it have already backed it and will receive a copy.

Also yeah, I said yesterday they'll release 2.0 when Horizons releases. There's no concrete release date for Horizons yet tho, which is why there's no date for 2.0. Lol.

I hope CIG tries to one up Elite again, only to have it fail spectacularly like last time

it will fail regardless

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gsxg-Uc9k

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Is there a space golf cart version of this?

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

yet another thing Karl somebody has to rationalize to himself.

? Could you explain that?

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

? Could you explain that?

You could rationalize it to us if you'd prefer.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Phil Burn posted:

Hello

Just wanted to say hi so I don't feel like an awkward lurker anymore. Been reading the SC threads on this site for a couple of weeks and have enjoyed them so much that I decided to join, if only to get rid of the worlds best grandma adverts.

Okay, thanks, carry on.

Also: Emperor Parpatine :gary:

Same.

(Amidoingthisrite?)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So, what's the hazing program for all these newcomers again? 20 posts in FYAD without getting banned? A report on the last couple of weeks of ADTRW?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beexoffel posted:

Same.

(Amidoingthisrite?)

:gary: Welcome goon friend

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

MeLKoR posted:

So, what's the hazing program for all these newcomers again? 20 posts in FYAD without getting banned? A report on the last couple of weeks of ADTRW?

They should definitely list all the PAAAAAARRPS they have.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Phil Burn posted:

Just wanted to say hi so I don't feel like an awkward lurker anymore. Been reading the SC threads on this site for a couple of weeks and have enjoyed them so much that I decided to join, if only to get rid of the worlds best grandma adverts.

I unironically soooooo miss seeing the grandma ads on a regular basis. :( I don't like all these stupid non-ads, that you see for just :10bux: and I don't feel like giving more money to getting rid of them, but the grandma ads for no account loving ruled. Lowtax! Bring back the grandma ads for :10bux: or I don't donate my 5bux to you this month!

Cpt Underpants
Nov 19, 2008

Simply Irresistible
Grimey Drawer
Poor hard done by concierge members (whales) who feel betrayed and abandoned by CIG when they made it so people could get the Idris-P for the bargain basement price of $2500 instead of the previous $5000. While there were limited numbers of the Idris-P sold at $1250, you could always buy it in one of the $5k packages.

While only available for a few days in October, the spergs who have already spent too much on this boondoggle of a game are up in arms about mere riff raff gaining access to an Idris-P for $2500. 34 pages of mind-boggling arguments about their autism chariots and why it should be exclusive to higher level backers.

The sense of entitlement from the thread is palpable, those who got the limited supply of Idris-P or -M at $1,250 or $1k trolling those who spent $5k, others who melted their existing 'investment' to get in at $2500.. still others arguing that those paying $5k should get special compensation from CIG.

It is stuff like this that makes me worry for the longevity of this game and it's community.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I would never even remotely consider spending over 1k$ on CIG, not back 2 years ago let alone by this point, but dammit - I can only imagine what displays of autism like ^ go on regularly in the concierge channel. Or the subscriber forums.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Blocking Issue: EVA needs to support personal weapon usage, this will require code support as well as adjustments to the base poses.

http://youtu.be/cir3w-wIx9U

This was from last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

CrazyLoon posted:

I would never even remotely consider spending over 1k$ on CIG, not back 2 years ago let alone by this point, but dammit - I can only imagine what displays of autism like ^ go on regularly in the concierge channel. Or the subscriber forums.

I bet it's like that Scientology cruise ship except a much higher BMI

• Locked thread