Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Got those coffee makers at my office, those are still pretty expensive, about $9,000, so basically that is $20,000 of coffee right there

edit: They are the Jura GIGA X7 if you wanna buy one for yourself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

:gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wasting resources due to lovely project management isn't really pioneering. I feel for Illfonic.

Congratulations on feeling bad for a developer that is working a poo poo piss rape simulator. They also sell Jpegs.
:gary:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Karl_Ramseier posted:

None, I am just fascinated how someone like DS (with such a legal track record) can probably think going to court is a good idea. The poor guys that are with him in this class action endeavour.

You guys should really get a PACER account.

poo poo son don't be coy, just CP it. But anyway, I don't think the courts decide the merit of your case based on if you had previous run-ins with the courts, especially if your "remarkable" legal track record doesn't include being a felon. Which I presume you aren't trying to imply?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Why would I want to get one? And how much :10bux: is one?

Hybridfusion posted:

Got those coffee makers at my office, those are still pretty expensive, about $9,000, so basically that is $20,000 of coffee right there

Could they possibly have come with the office space?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem
I would respect Karl Ramseier slightly more if he hadn't misspelled his name, that dunce. Still, with the message he tries to convey here, the name fits.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Why would I want to get one? And how much :10bux: is one?

Could they possibly have come with the office space?

Maybe? I have no clue. I just wanted to throw my coffee maker knowledge out there!

As for why to get one, it can make a crazy amount of different coffees and its all automated. You hook up a tank of milk to it and it does the rest. It does make an extremely great cup of coffee. The price tag comes with the durability and warranty of the device - its made to be used all day every day and keep on truckin.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
^^^WTF I am German I remember that show, I don't remember Ranseier though and I have NEVER heard of this alledged "joke category". Somebody must be really invested in their comedy... the show didn't
even sell jpgs back then...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

RVWinkle posted:

Hmm...I just realized we openly mock people who buy jpeg space ships yet buying jpeg avatars is socially acceptable and encouraged. Where do we stand on buying jpeg space ship avatars?

Well I liken it to the difference between buying aspirin or crack. It all depends on what you think is going to cure your headache better.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
i have a pacer account.

1) what should i look up
2) why should i even care in the first place
3) it better be loving funny
4) why don't you post it whatever lulz you found and save me the 10 minutes (probably because you don't have an account and want me to do it for you)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
i just found some really awesome stuff in bloomberg that i'm going to be really vague about. you guys should all pay the $2k per month sub and see this stuff i'm looking at. lulz if you don't because i'm laughing at all this stuff i dug up. everyone is going to be like :gary: PAAAAARRP when they see it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

2DCAT posted:

i just found some really awesome stuff in bloomberg that i'm going to be really vague about. you guys should all pay the $2k per month sub and see this stuff i'm looking at. lulz if you don't because i'm laughing at all this stuff i dug up. everyone is going to be like :gary: PAAAAARRP when they see it.

OMG it's true, now I feel like a fool for having worshiped DS. Bernie Madoff, really? WTF?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I too once bit a dog.

A jpg of a dog.

But it wasn't mine.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Hell Gem

:stare: :frogout:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Hybridfusion posted:

As for why to get one, it can make a crazy amount of different coffees and its all automated. You hook up a tank of milk to it and it does the rest. It does make an extremely great cup of coffee. The price tag comes with the durability and warranty of the device - its made to be used all day every day and keep on truckin.

Oh sorry, I meant Karly with that why to get question. Getting a good coffee machine is totally okay.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Hybridfusion posted:

My $95 bucks I paid in 2013 (which I've gotten back), paid for 0.475% of CIGs coffee machines! YAY. INVESTMENTS!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Has anything new come out for Star Citizen? Like an FPS module or maybe a persistent world MMO?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

Well sure, if they'd wanted to save money on talent and leases and whatnot!

But how would Sandi kickstart her "real chance at acting" from the second rate city of Austin? I mean they're not shooting Friday Night Lights there anymore. Plus, the best hobnobbing opportunities are with folks like Linklater, Judge, and Rodriguez-- who just aren't big enough deals as directors go...

But by re-centering ops in LA, they get the beachfront property (for home as AND work) and Sandi has a much better chance of getting meetings with the A List directors and talent. She's always wanted to work with them but hasn't had the chance.- now she's making films with the Medicine Woman and hanging out with Oldman and living the dream she's had since that uncredited part she had in "Shine"' in the 90s...

If the decision increased CIG's total monthly burn something fierce and slowed down development, well at least we are now getting much better weekly fan updates! Those motion graphics on AtV beat the hell out of the old Wingman's Hangar days...

(Yes, it's absolutely insane that they did things this way-- it's like the whole of CIG has to pay the "Sandi Tax". Doing things her way increases the Cost of Goods Sold so very much-- but the only one who could put a stop to it has a penchant for doing things the hard way himself...)

My sources tell me that Austin was always meant to be the main hub. Sandi wanted to stay in CA. And now they have a lavish and super expensive new office build-out in progress. Which is why Austin is being down-sized as part of the move to make the CA office the main hub.

Yes, it's messed up. Yes, it's going to fail.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

2DCAT posted:

i have a pacer account.

1) what should i look up
2) why should i even care in the first place
3) it better be loving funny
4) why don't you post it whatever lulz you found and save me the 10 minutes (probably because you don't have an account and want me to do it for you)

There's nothing to see. He's probably talking about my lawsuits over the years and which only show one thing: that I prevailed.

He's clutching at straws and just pissed that I changed his avatar. But since he's here to troll me, if he thinks the current one is bad, wait till he sees the next one.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Derek smart where do you lean politically, or are you too busy with your Internet scouring?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bedshaped posted:

Has anything new come out for Star Citizen? Like an FPS module or maybe a persistent world MMO?

The last significant update CIG provided was in August, where they added the ability to walk around a few space city blocks with other people.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Planetary visual testing (3D Scene):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPQ4cEvkjHA

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Dont forget the powered wheelchair cart.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D_Smart posted:

My sources tell me that Austin was always meant to be the main hub. Sandi wanted to stay in CA. And now they have a lavish and super expensive new office build-out in progress. Which is why Austin is being down-sized as part of the move to make the CA office the main hub.

Yes, it's messed up. Yes, it's going to fail.

Good for the locals though, it means in 6 months you'll be able to grab all their office stuff at half price when the bank auctions it off

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DolphinCop posted:

not reading the rest of this crap but i just wanted to say i read the article about combat being overhauled completely and im happy that i can finally get both the star citizen and starbound experiences from one game now

It's messed up.

For one thing; the fact that they need more than one flight model, instead of using data parameters passed to a primary one in order to make the ships handle differently, cater to different play styles etc is telling.

So now they're going to have to deal with bugs, issues, tweaks etc in all these flight models. More distractions, downtime, ire etc. I swear sometimes I have to wonder wtf is going on over there.

ps: I've been writing flight models since the eighties. In fact, my most advanced flight model is in my 2009 games (All Aspect Warfare / Angle Of Attack). Here is a narrated YouTube video of one. Watch closely.

Dapper Dan posted:

Does Alpha 2.0 even have a release date now or is it 'soon' or 'eventually' or 'two weeks'? Is it coming out before or after SQ42 with :gary:? I still don't see how them losing a bunch of people as they are going into a second version of a loving alpha is a good thing. Typically you shed people at the end of a game when all you really need is bug testing and art stuff before you launch it. Not when you are in alpha and you need to get revved up to get poo poo done to go into beta. Its goddamn delusional. "Oh, everything is ok! They are just shedding dead weight!" Yeah, because when a company is shedding employees when it needs them at a crucial point is always a good sign.

No release date. Sources tell me they are shooting for year end, but that it would be a miracle of sorts if it happens. And that if it does, it will be a buggy mess like what's currently in the PTU. Also, the fact that it's already end of Oct and it's not in the PTU yet, is a clear indication that it's not even ready yet for external testing. Meanwhile something as simple as buggies; are still bugged. In a hangar module that has no relevance to the main game. Yeah.

Jethro_E7 posted:

What infuriates me

- Everyone is entirely blind to the gross inefficiencies that were done and whiteknighting CIG, while seeminly embracing the idea that "SQ42 will fund the PU".

- Millions upon millions were utterly blown on arrogance.
- "Open development" being everything (spamming PR crap) while refusing to talk about the things that really matter.
- Studio "updates" that are always positive - without acknowledgement of the genuine issues and problems that come with development - a far departure from the "honest look" backers were supposed to get into the project
- Not so much as a pie chart showing the financials.
- "Demos" that are "built" for the purposes of showing off the game, not showing actual progress. They actually said "we learned so much in getting the demo ready". Truly frightening.

That's what I've been saying all along. They are moving SQ42 to the front because they think

a) it will bring in more money - it won't. Since around 700K people (less those who are getting refunds) already pre-paid

b) it's a deflecting tactic to take away attention from the fact that Star Citizen (aka PU) is far - far - away; and still FUBAR. Oh, and that's why the new narrative is that "SQ42 is what was always promised in the beginning"

Cpt Underpants posted:

Poor hard done by concierge members (whales) who feel betrayed and abandoned by CIG when they made it so people could get the Idris-P for the bargain basement price of $2500 instead of the previous $5000. While there were limited numbers of the Idris-P sold at $1250, you could always buy it in one of the $5k packages.

While only available for a few days in October, the spergs who have already spent too much on this boondoggle of a game are up in arms about mere riff raff gaining access to an Idris-P for $2500. 34 pages of mind-boggling arguments about their autism chariots and why it should be exclusive to higher level backers.

The sense of entitlement from the thread is palpable, those who got the limited supply of Idris-P or -M at $1,250 or $1k trolling those who spent $5k, others who melted their existing 'investment' to get in at $2500.. still others arguing that those paying $5k should get special compensation from CIG.

It is stuff like this that makes me worry for the longevity of this game and it's community.

It has been a money grab since day one. So I have no idea why this is all that surprising.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

None, I am just fascinated how someone like DS (with such a legal track record) can probably think going to court is a good idea. The poor guys that are with him in this class action endeavour.

You're an idiot. That's why everyone keeps ignoring you. Having a PACER account (which is very unlikely that you do) doesn't mean you know how to read. I have one, and know precisely what's in there about my legal pursuits.

Director Alpha
May 18, 2014

Tinker Tailor Soldier Sperg

Eonwe posted:

this is it

this is the peak

Just caught up today, that being said.

I concur.

Also SneakyFrog send me an email sometime!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Bedshaped posted:

Don't be silly. No. Just JPEGs. Of ships. For a vaporware game. JPEGS. Of ships.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SneakyFrog posted:

Derek smart where do you lean politically, or are you too busy with your Internet scouring?

I'm a democrat.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The last significant update CIG provided was in August, where they added the ability to walk around a few space city blocks with other people.

It was only one space city block. And still bugged to hell.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I have done my civic duty and contributed to the SA forum move to the CLOUD!!

Do your part.

In fact, any Goon who can ID and confirm a White Knight Redditor who is here just to troll us, I will match their $5 donation to the cause. Go get 'em!!

ps: Those JPEG buying clowns have cost me almost $100 in the past 10 days!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I love how the SC reddit tries to explain away anything negative. "It's still pre-alpha!" "It's a feature!" "<External Studio> dropped the ball!" "Just some bugs, they'll be fixed soon" And then there's the posts asking CIG to add even more things to their boulevard of broken dreams. :allears:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Director Alpha posted:

Just caught up today, that being said.

I concur.

Also SneakyFrog send me an email sometime!

Your cryptic nature is cryptic.

you are the master spy guy directorate alpha ninja master of whatever it is that you guys

are , if you wanted to you could get me on voice coms, or hey just pm me on god knows how many channels? geez man.

D_Smart posted:

I'm a democrat.

what kind of democrat?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

I'm a democrat.

do you feel the bern

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

I have done my civic duty and contributed to the SA forum move to the CLOUD!!

Do your part.

In fact, any Goon who can ID and confirm a White Knight Redditor who is here just to troll us, I will match their $5 donation to the cause. Go get 'em!!

ps: Those JPEG buying clowns have cost me almost $100 in the past 10 days!

im glad of it, i donated as well

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Hybridfusion posted:

Maybe? I have no clue. I just wanted to throw my coffee maker knowledge out there!

I hear that the Austin team also has a pretty nifty piece of coffee tech.

[img]http://imgur.com/KDd6al3.jpg][/img]

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
voting democrat is very good

Director Alpha
May 18, 2014

Tinker Tailor Soldier Sperg

SneakyFrog posted:

Your cryptic nature is cryptic.

you are the master spy guy directorate alpha ninja master of whatever it is that you guys

are , if you wanted to you could get me on voice coms, or hey just pm me on god knows how many channels? geez man.

what kind of democrat?

Considered it :P Thought it would be more polite to ask.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Eonwe posted:

yes, in opposite land!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Director Alpha posted:

Considered it :P Thought it would be more polite to ask.

irc works.......... irc.synirc.net #elite

Eonwe posted:

Eonwe posted:

do you feel the bern

Way to go to the point i guess. :bernget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Atheist Sunglasses posted: