Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Bozza posted:

Need to upgrade my PC so I can play Fallout 4. This requires about £400 which I do have but I'm really stingy so don't want to spend it.

Also I've not built a computer since the early 2000s and I don't wanna gently caress it up.

Its really easy you wont gently caress it up, what are you changing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Get one of those anti-static wristbands. I don't know if they actually do anything but I hosed up my PSU without one once, and haven't done anything wrong with one so :shrug:

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

as long as you have a quality hammer putting together a PC is easy

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

a downright cheeky opinion

bantz

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
The whole shebang except the case, hard drives and the PSU. Bought this one in like 2008 for like a grand so it still runs ok but you need a quad core to get poo poo done these days.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Tbh you are probably still gfx or ram limited, core 2 duo's still do pretty well. Get a 140£ gfx card and a ssd

Although I got my last PC from a closing down gaming cafe on the cheap so I don't know much about this stuff atm

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i will be buying a ps4 for all my fallout 4 playing needs p

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

my pc can already run fallout 4

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

same

sout
Apr 24, 2014

me too. join the club bozza.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

gently caress it. When I get paid in a couple of weeks I'll upgrade. Just in time for the release.

Looks like my parents are getting lovely Christmas presents!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol if you buy games on release

wait a few years, christ. have some self control

Something Witty
Jan 24, 2009
Fun Shoe

Bozza posted:

The whole shebang except the case, hard drives and the PSU. Bought this one in like 2008 for like a grand so it still runs ok but you need a quad core to get poo poo done these days.

If the PSU was from 2008, I'd aim to replace that also, even if it was a quality make or model. The components and output/efficiency deteriorate with age, and the PSU has the potential to kill any and all other parts with it if it dies.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

Bozza posted:

east coast sucks, west coast best coast.

I am not Scottish but I have been told this by multiple people from Glasgow and the surrounding areas.

I'm in Glasgow next week, I think

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

my macbook runs civ 5. i was not aware other games existed

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Something Witty posted:

If the PSU was from 2008, I'd aim to replace that also, even if it was a quality make or model. The components and output/efficiency deteriorate with age, and the PSU has the potential to kill any and all other parts with it if it dies.

This, a million times this, replace a PSU at about the five year mark. Get an i5 and 960 and you'll be flying for a while. An SSD will change your day to day computer life but isn't essential, if you're using old HDDs you may not notice a big general performance jump in day to day operations though.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bozza posted:

Need to upgrade my PC so I can play Fallout 4. This requires about £400 which I do have but I'm really stingy so don't want to spend it.

Also I've not built a computer since the early 2000s and I don't wanna gently caress it up.

I've got 2 days off work booked for when it comes out. they'd better not postpone the release.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

im awaiting it being a broken bugridden mess

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I'm the jumping animation in every Bethesda game *sticks arms out, bends knees, says huh*

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hey, you're a lot more floaty than i expected

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Pedricko posted:

I'm in Glasgow next week, I think

Will come and purchase saus cos it was good last time. Will probably be less drunk this time but no promises!!!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
If you don't pre-order games at triple the price they'll be by the time they've fixed all the game breaking bugs then I don't know what to tell you

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Vitamins posted:

im awaiting it being a broken bugridden mess

I'm waiting for them to get Obsidian to make a follow up that's actually good.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Bozza posted:

east coast sucks, west coast best coast.

I am not Scottish but I have been told this by multiple people from Glasgow and the surrounding areas.

It's true. Go to Edinburgh for a bit in august but never go at any other time.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

tonight im going to sit in the dark ignoring trick or treaters as i forgot to buy any sweets

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

We're going to go out to the cinema and leave the dog to go mental every time someone knocks on the door

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vitamins posted:

tonight im going to sit in the dark ignoring trick or treaters as i forgot to buy any sweets

same

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Going to a party

Gonna do the monster mash

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

spectre was very good. the theme music also worked well for it, and i wasn't a big fan of it before.

ok buye

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

hey, you're a lot more floaty than i expected

*face glitches out as I tell you how many wolf dicks you should bring so I can complete the ritual*

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Quote-Unquote posted:

*face glitches out as I tell you how many wolf dicks you should bring so I can complete the ritual*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inkj4yop5P8

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

*stares at you while you walk oddly in a crouching position waiting for the symbol that says I can't see you stealing my meagre possessions*

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

*repeats same selection of phrases over and over as greetings*

hello

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I met Pedro for the first time in months and he brought me sausages with a sweet sweet goon discount *

* they were free

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Corn in the fridge is a Bethesda NPC
He says hello a lot
And nerds get angry at his dialogue

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
gopns

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

loving buggy poo poo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thehustler posted:

I met Pedro for the first time in months and he brought me sausages with a sweet sweet goon discount *

* they were free

i think you attached the wrong image? that looks like a daily mail "before" photo of two sex offenders?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

thehustler posted:

* they were free

which one of you is gru from despicable me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

thehustler posted:

* they were free

you look like two very bad extras in downton abbey