Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Tarquinn posted:

See you tomorrow at the meeting.

Don't forget your robes again.

lol robes.
I'm still only 7th level naked butt. I can only dream of robes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

On Why Redditors Just Don't Get It - A primer to any redditor considering buying an SA account for spying

Look you mongs since you evidently read this thread let me try to explain this to you... SA is like a wolf dog mutt pack and when you're running with the pack you will occasionally get a playful bite. It's to be expected, it's a bonding thing, in order to fit in you have to take any such nibbling it in the spirit it was made. You people overthink everything, sometimes a funny pic is a funny pic, you start foaming at the mouth in outrage and then get all surprised when the whole pack turns on you in the blink of an eye. It's how we can always tell you fuckers a mile away, you keep bringing attention to the stuff that pushes your buttons, to you everything is serious business and you can't help but getting all butthurt over the dumbest poo poo.

TL;DR: He can take a joke but I'd love if your precious Messiah or his wife dropped by one day, see if they could deal with teasing in an adult manner. From what I've seen so far I doubt it.

I like this analogy because also goons sniff each others bums a lot

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

e:bugger

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Incombibulator posted:

lol robes.
I'm still only 7th level naked butt. I can only dream of robes.
Look, you've had warnings about this before. Even if you're not entitled to a robe, you've still got to wear your loving pants.

Sheesh.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

I think it's you that doesn't get it, :colbert: the gang all posting on rsi in the same thread (Karl & Roadbeer), in r/dereksmart in the same threads and in their twitter club perfectly understand SA.

Somethingawful, it's all fun and games until someone asks you to dance.

quote:

And poking this guy to take legal action against redditors might backfire if he follows through.

:psyboom:

HOW?! How exactly is DS suing a redditor going to backfire on us? Is a US judge going to ask Interpol to arrange my deportation to Gitmo for the serious crime of "laughing when someone said their were going to sue someone else"? How can these people have made so much money to spend on this poo poo in the first place when they are dumber than a whole sack of doorknobs?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Since no one has said it yet, same

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

G0RF posted:

I hear that the Austin team also has a pretty nifty piece of coffee tech.

[timg]http://imgur.com/KDd6al3.jpg][/timg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20soJuwWFH4

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
We need to start a death pool cause holy poo poo one of these idiots is gonna off themselves when cig eventually collapses

hopefully it's more than one

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

owns

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm starting to get the impression that the people dying on the sword for a millionaire snake-oil salesman aren't very bright.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Romes128 posted:

We need to start a death pool cause holy poo poo one of these idiots is gonna off themselves when cig eventually collapses

It not coming out would just be blamed on Derek or SA or some other boogeyman and croberts will just be the savior of couldawouldashoulda, it would be funnier if they just shove out a buggy piece of poo poo that rates a 30 on metacritic.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wafflz posted:

It not coming out would just be blamed on Derek or SA or some other boogeyman and croberts will just be the savior of couldawouldashoulda, it would be funnier if they just shove out a buggy piece of poo poo that rates a 30 on metacritic.

Fair enough

I just wanna see tears or blood

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

This song needs a CIG community version. They are getting so close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv-qpH8VtoQ

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I seriously look forward to seeing a grown man cry on you tube cause star citizen either collapsed or was a hot pile of poo poo when it releases

Like this feeling is almost arousing

It's so good

I want the tears

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Wafflz posted:

See, I feel like if they push something out that is under-baked and terrible the die-hards will simply convince themselves it's really good and exactly what was promised all along (see: Octopode on literally every broken promise so far). I think it's actually funnier if they end up releasing nothing and Derek/SA/Escapist become the ones who ruined the dream forever. YMMV.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Berious posted:

I like this analogy because also goons sniff each others bums a lot

mmmm, smells like taco

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Romes128 posted:

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, the over/under is set at 2.5. Place your bets!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
With CIG firing almost everyone in Austin, will more ex-employees speak out? I hope so.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Omi-Polari posted:

With CIG firing almost everyone in Austin, will more ex-employees speak out? I hope so.

Probably not publicly if they wanna stay in the industry. Unless some really hosed up poo poo happened. But nobody's gonna risk their careers cause they said poo poo about their crazy ex-boss.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

How can a loving auditor be gullible enough to also be a SC whale? I guess it explains why he grew up to be such a weird sperg, tho.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

I miss having the suicide prevention stuff in the OP.

What I think is interesting is that if you compare the two rather extreme posters who joined a poor dead comedy forum to defend Star Citizen. On one hand you have Janssendalt who was quite gleeful about posters getting banned for daring to use the word "carebear" on the RSI forums and on the other hand you have Karl who admits to having loved the trashtalking in Lineage 2, a hardcore grindy PVP game.

Chris Roberts has managed to receive unqualified support for raising millions and spending it however he bloody well likes from PVE focused players and PVP focused players. That's almost miraculous. Both sides fully believe it's going to be the best damm PVE/PVP (delete as appropriate) game ever, while Chris is hiring Gary Oldman and working on a 10 hour movie.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

So how should CIG go back and show real appreciation to the first 250,000 Original/Veteran Backers? posted:

This is not a troll thread and this is not a joke. This is a request that CIG and the rest of us show some proper respect and take responsibility for showing such apathy towards the Original and Veteran Backers efforts. Sorry if this comes across as hostile but the attitude that the first 250,000 or so Original and Veteran Backers should accept being given so little for doing so much is just Bullshit. They are the reason why we, the 750,000+, are even able to pledge and become backers. They are the reason we are all able to celebrate these milestones. I seriously do not think they have been shown any real appreciation when we give everyone a trophy for not being believers early on. It really doesn't matter if you didn't hear about Star Citizen until just recently. The fact is they are the ones that got us here and more and more as time goes on something changes that says they were played. I get it, the rest of us are backers as well. But if you took a tally on how many of us can say that we are truly responsible for getting the game to $6 million, let alone $21 million, $50 million, or even $90 million we are piss poor of character to think that just because they got a handful of minor stretch goal rewards they were rewarded enough. That is a cowardly attitude to have and it shows a complete lack of integrity on our part.

You remove the $6 million from the Original Backers on Kickstarter and we have nothing. You remove the following $15 million from the Veteran Backers and You have nothing. Without them the rest of us 750,000 are sitting around like idiots waiting for the next DLC for another poo poo game and wondering why we are paying for that DLC when it was supposed to be in the original game in the first place.

Either the stretch goal rewards the OBs and VBs got need to be enhanced or CIG need to go back and come up with something real for them. Disrespecting them and saying that they are no special snowflakes, when we didn't lift a finger and let them shoulder all the weight if totally hosed up. As regular backers the reward we got was that there is a game to pledge for in the first place and that we may still be paying less that people who come on after release. Giving out much of the things the OBs/VBs got to the rest of us says that their faith and dedication to the campaign meant nothing. Why are we all ok with that? The $10 in UECs they may get per package is not enough and we know it. They are better than that. Not acknowledging that means we are not.

We hit a major milestone getting to 1,000,000 Citizens and we were all happy and excited for the two members that got free Sabers. I have yet to see or hear of any of those OBs and VBs getting $170 or anything and they are the very reason those two Citizens got those ships or that those ships even exist. They are the reason we hit 1,000,000 citizens and also the reason we will soon be able to hit $100,000,000 in crowdfunding.

Yeah okay I get it, they are nothing special but we sure are because we are the many that outweighs the few.

NOTE: I really appreciate the civil responses, even the ones that disagree with what I'm saying here. To those being evil and toxic do not post if you can't answer in an intelligent manner.

Three questions to ask:

1. How many people do you think would have backed Star Citizen to $6 million and later $21 million if CIG said during the Kickstarter that all Backers will get is the game for free at release?

2. If people feel that the 250,000 were so insignificant ask yourself where the game would be if those 250,000 weren't there and just never signed on.

3. Where were the remaining 750,000 when they were needed, and would they have backed Star Citizen if they were told they were getting nothing but the game at launch?

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Close the thread, this is it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That guy giving 250k blow jobs sounds like an appropriate level of thanks.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Safe Space - Safe Space - Safe Space - can someone condense the positive in this thread into one picture?

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I thought Peter Gabriel was a groundbreaking onomatopoeic genius of our times but apparently PAAARP is a Euro-fart?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

sorla78 posted:

Safe Space - Safe Space - Safe Space - can someone condense the positive in this thread into one picture?

:gary:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

This should include Derek and Beer, no?

E:

Moron posted:

the rest of us 750,000 are sitting around like idiots waiting for the next DLC for another poo poo game

Whoa, that's eerily insightful

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 31, 2015

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
The Brown Sea needs us to be an orchestrated scheme working to a battleplan because if we're not that means we all kinda came to the same conclusions independently and they might have to consider looking properly at the evidence that led us to this point.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Drewjitsu posted:

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, the over/under is set at 2.5. Place your bets!

I'll put five (5) premium jpegs on over.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I hear that the Austin team also has a pretty nifty piece of coffee tech.

[timg]http://imgur.com/KDd6al3.jpg][/timg]

Hey! I have that same one! It's the perfect model for Single and Sad.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

AP posted:

I think it's you that doesn't get it, :colbert: the gang all posting on rsi in the same thread (Karl & Roadbeer), in r/dereksmart in the same threads and in their twitter club perfectly understand SA.

Somethingawful, it's all fun and games until someone asks you to dance.

This sounds awfully lot like Zybourne's clock.
We only need Johnny Five Aces (or maybe Derek Smart is the johnny)
:gary: Paaaaaarp!
Chris Roberts is making Zybournes Clock everyone rejoice

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 31, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Enchanted Hat posted:

How can a loving auditor be gullible enough to also be a SC whale? I guess it explains why he grew up to be such a weird sperg, tho.

Yes, his father is an auditor and his brother-in-law is in the army and the ships he has were a gift and the SA account he has[*] was a gift and he doesn't know who in this thread bought him his original unironic SC avatar and

[*] assuming this and Karl are the same person.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 31, 2015

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Stanko-Prussian posted:

The Brown Sea needs us to be an orchestrated scheme working to a battleplan because if we're not that means we all kinda came to the same conclusions independently and they might have to consider looking properly at the evidence that led us to this point.

paaaaarp

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Enchanted Hat posted:

Him being "on an audit" does not mean he is an auditor

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Jethro_E7 posted:

What infuriates me

- Everyone is entirely blind to the gross inefficiencies that were done and whiteknighting CIG, while seeminly embracing the idea that "SQ42 will fund the PU".

- Millions upon millions were utterly blown on arrogance.
- "Open development" being everything (spamming PR crap) while refusing to talk about the things that really matter.
- Studio "updates" that are always positive - without acknowledgement of the genuine issues and problems that come with development - a far departure from the "honest look" backers were supposed to get into the project
- Not so much as a pie chart showing the financials.
- "Demos" that are "built" for the purposes of showing off the game, not showing actual progress. They actually said "we learned so much in getting the demo ready". Truly frightening.

Oh well. At least Ben has lost some more weight and is being heartily congratulated for it.

I don't get it. CR already has investors. Are the people who are mad about this poll already mad because there are currently investors?

:wtchris:

Fake edit: Actual investors. Not spaceship jpg investors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Him being "on an audit" does not mean he is an auditor

Probably being audited for another loan application, so he can buy even more .jpegs

• Locked thread