Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Another Person posted:

Is Bavaria becoming a GP not a normal thing to happen in Viccy 2? It happened in my first proper game and I thought things could normally go like that. They kicked the poo poo out of Prussia multiple times even with no allies. It was really funny and kinda sad at the same time.

Bavaria has an easy way to get a lot of Prestige early, which helps it get to GP status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Agean90 posted:

Paratroopers who dont require a plane to to launch an airborn assault.

Give them general mobility bonuses and a combat bonus in hills and mountains, with a matching malus in forests and jungles.

Well the second half of the problem is then coding it, too.

That's generally what I'd like to do, although I'd still need to give them some sort of range limitation on that as well...

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

Darkrenown posted:

There's a sale on our webstore for Halloween, please be sure to buy a CK2 hipflask for your day-drinking:
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/featured-deals?___store=eu&mode=small

One of my friends has said that he wonders why you don't sell 'a good tumbler' for CK2, instead.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Well the second half of the problem is then coding it, too.

That's generally what I'd like to do, although I'd still need to give them some sort of range limitation on that as well...

Yeah im more of an ideas guy and only after a certain amount of booze

how about a nato icon that looks like a dick?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Bavaria or Switzerland getting GP status early in the game, doing nothing with it, and losing it within the next 5 years happens a lot when I play Vicky 2.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Agean90 posted:

how about a nato icon that looks like a dick?

*podcat starts getting the giant novelty check ready for you*

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Kersch posted:

One of my friends has said that he wonders why you don't sell 'a good tumbler' for CK2, instead.

I never knew how badly I wanted this

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Agean90 posted:

Put it in a patch that allows for soviet super science, British werewolf commandos, and the US to field Literal Navajo windtalkers, whos ancient rituals ward off the Japanese oni-focused offensive.
Why British werewolves, when the Nazis were the ones who developed them historically?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Takanago posted:

Just please add a national focus tree for Germany where time travelers eliminate Hitler from existence.

And that traveler's name was Albert Einstein.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Disco Infiva posted:

And that traveler's name was Albert Einstein.

Of course, then we need an event where the Soviets move in and eliminate Albert Einstein from existence...

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
No lie, a Paradox strategy game where you have to select the proper points in history to bring about your desired end result while your opponents are doing the same would be dope as gently caress.

I'm thinking specifically of a Roger Zelazny story titled "The Game of Blood and Dust."

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Try and travel back in time to assassinate Hitler, the whole plan falls apart when you run into the 500 other people that all went back in time to assassinate Hitler.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

The Sharmat posted:

Try and travel back in time to assassinate Hitler, the whole plan falls apart when you run into the 500 other people that all went back in time to assassinate Hitler.

It's an MMO where you deal with the hundreds who went to kill Hitler, the dozens who went to help Hitler, and the thousands who went for the glory of Serbia.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Sharmat posted:

The worst is that, to kill Hitler, you'll have to use your beam gun and channel it for something like 30 seconds before he disappears into the void of time.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

The problem with Hitler is whoever kills him, takes his place as Hitler.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Chief Savage Man posted:

It's an MMO where you deal with the hundreds who went to kill Hitler, the dozens who went to help Hitler, and the thousands who went for the glory of Serbia.

A co-op shooter where a team of time travelers go back in time to cut their way past hordes of Nazis and a few right-wing nutjob time travelers to kill off the top members of the Nazi leadership sounds like it could be fun.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tomn posted:

A co-op shooter where a team of time travelers go back in time to cut their way past hordes of Nazis and a few right-wing nutjob time travelers to kill off the top members of the Nazi leadership sounds like it could be fun.

This is legitimately the plot-point for Call of Duty's Nazi Zombie mode.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Disco Infiva posted:

The problem with Hitler is whoever kills him, takes his place as Hitler.

That would explain why WW2 and the holocaust always happen despite the hordes of people going back in time to kill Hitler. Makes sense.

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.

The Sharmat posted:

Each time traveler makes him stronger.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

Of course, then we need an event where the Soviets move in and eliminate Albert Einstein from existence...

Actually we don't. And definitely don't want it either.

E: speaking of hitler is it true blackice mod made hitler into a combat unit?

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 31, 2015

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Why British werewolves, when the Nazis were the ones who developed them historically?

A common misconception brought about after the fact. The British had been recruiting werewolves from the highlands in wales and Scotland ever since the Crimean War. The nazis attempted to gain their own wolfwaffen but a combination of allied bombing, higher level incompetence, and interference from the Nazi parties own vampire faction prevented it from making any progress until the 1945, by which point the war was already decided.

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 31, 2015

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Stairmaster posted:

Actually we don't. And definitely don't want it either.

E: speaking of hitler is it true blackice mod made hitler into a combat unit?

Political leaders and special "Combat Commander" units exist as actual units.

I gave Roosevelt railroad artillery :911:

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
Should we consider that White Wolf also published a pen and paper Street Fighter rpg

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Kersch posted:

Should we consider that White Wolf also published a pen and paper Street Fighter rpg

All the time, but if Capcom is getting involved than I think a Resident Evil strategy game should come first.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Sharmat posted:

Competitive shooter game. You fight against all the other would-be Hitler Killers, with one player controlling Hitler and his defense forces. The player that kills Hitler controls him in the next round.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Polikarpov posted:

Political leaders and special "Combat Commander" units exist as actual units.

I gave Roosevelt railroad artillery :911:

So what happens if you kill that unit? Does it trigger an event to remove the leader from office?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Dapper Dan posted:

One thing I'd like to see is a Vampire: The Dark Ages game in the vein of Crusader Kings. I think that'd be pretty drat awesome

I've always wanted, still want, and always will want a 'mythic' or dark/low fantasy DLC for CKII. More Darklands than D&D. That would rule.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Fintilgin posted:

I've always wanted, still want, and always will want a 'mythic' or dark/low fantasy DLC for CKII. More Darklands than D&D. That would rule.

Yeah and it is entirely a possibility now. The genres can be really meshed with the IPs. CCP did jack poo poo with it except half work on a WoW clone for nearly a decade.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dapper Dan posted:

Yeah and it is entirely a possibility now. The genres can be really meshed with the IPs. CCP did jack poo poo with it except half work on a WoW clone for nearly a decade.

Like many, many other companies, they jumped on the MMO bandwagon after World of Warcraft started going gangbusters (Though I think they bought White Wolf in 2003 and the merger came 3 years later), and were in too deep when it became apparent they'd totally misread the market. The difference is they already had EVE (So they should've known how the MMO market was going to go) and instead just sat on an incredibly marketable property for no reason. I don't understand why they didn't try to offload it after the recession- maybe they tried to get development started up again and it fell flat?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I just really hope Paradox haven't gotten it into their heads they can do an MMO themselves. Bethesda tried and it was an abject failure, don't do it Paradox :(

Edit: I just had a thought about Stellaris. If POP's are tracked by their social status and race, plus the game has genetic modification and possibly means of tracking castes within insect races. Would it not be plausible that the game also allows for variants within the same race? So if I colonize a high-gravity world and have the tech to adapt my human colonists genetics for it, I could potentially recruit strong shock troops from that planet with increased size and strength!

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 1, 2015

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
The possibilities for racial segregation are endless!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

Edit: I just had a thought about Stellaris. If POP's are tracked by their social status and race, plus the game has genetic modification and possibly means of tracking castes within insect races. Would it not be plausible that the game also allows for variants within the same race? So if I colonize a high-gravity world and have the tech to adapt my human colonists genetics for it, I could potentially recruit strong shock troops from that planet with increased size and strength!

People on high gravity worlds should ideally be short and robustly built. Being tall would be a pretty bad idea due the whole square-cube thing, unless they have bones built of something stronger (and possibly lighter). Need to be small to reduce weight and the stress on bones, especially in the legs and the spine, and strong in order to be able to move effectively.

Might make good soldiers though, they just shouldn't be very big.

I hope that pops and their homeworld influence how effective they'll be as soldiers and that I can recruit my most elite soldiers from hell worlds filled with horrible monsters and toxic plants. Come to think of it, I'll do that any way, regardless of whether or not it has any effect.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 1, 2015

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Ogryns and ratlings ho!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd be so happy if we could realistically just totally ignore planets and once we get off our homeworld and into space survive entirely in huge orbital habitats and asteroid mining.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

I'd be so happy if we could realistically just totally ignore planets and once we get off our homeworld and into space survive entirely in huge orbital habitats and asteroid mining.

A bunch of visual effects in systems to represent development would be grand. Lots of civilian shipping, asteroid mines and space stations. Even if they don't do anything except look nice.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I'm gonna be disappointed if there isn't a way to turn important planets into supercities with all the water built over and skyscrapers stretching out into space and stuff.

Also nomadic planet-less civilizations entirely based on spaceships for DLC sometime

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

I think when you look at some of the influences they mentioned really early on you could see some Culture stuff there, and the Culture is an almost entirely ship-based civilisation, so it'd be odd if that wasn't an option for an ecologically minded society to go whole-hog space based.

I hope they rip off Shellworlds too. Probably as a kind of extended event sequence that your scientists or explorers can get into - like CK2's event chains.
e: I guess that link doesn't descibe them too well - they're artificial planets full of messed up defence systems that murder the poo poo out of anything that lands on them, but are full of ancient technology. The best theory being that they were part of a vast network of generators established millions of years ago to create an energy shield around the galaxy to stop :tinfoil:something:tinfoil:

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 1, 2015

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I just realized that stellaris is probably going to get the same DLC treatment as CK-II and EUIV :allears:

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

unwantedplatypus posted:

I just realized that stellaris is probably going to get the same DPC treatment as CK-II and EUIV :allears:

Unless it's the next Sengoku, of course.