Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
I'm gonna have to plan a trip to Japan in 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

puchu posted:

I'm gonna have to plan a trip to Japan in 2019

Well with that avatar I'd have assumed you already were.

But yes, me too. Plenty of time to learn Japanese, and since I already know Chinese the kanji should be easy!

Whether the USA can learn to play rugby well enough to win a game is another question.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Apollodorus posted:

Well with that avatar I'd have assumed you already were.

But yes, me too. Plenty of time to learn Japanese, and since I already know Chinese the kanji should be easy!

Whether the USA can learn to play rugby well enough to win a game is another question.

I don't plan to learn poo poo. What can't money buy anyway

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Jerusalem posted:

Japan should set up a giant screen in the middle of Johannesburg and just play the game on loop.

All future Japanese-made televisions sold in South Africa should have an Easter egg in the firmware to show that game every year on the anniversary.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
I enjoyed that WC final more than any other I have watched. Both teams should pat themselves on the back for the way they played.

It is true that NZ has a good production line of players but I think we have seen an exceptional group in the last ten years that may never be matched again.

Also: I am assuming the Australian Rugby union will do the smart thing and keep Cheika on-board until the next RWC - they have improved massively under him and are back to playing a more exciting brand of rugby.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

10/10 best post

the tears in here are awesome

4 more years aussie, git gud

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The difference for me in the final was Australia had a few standout players, Pocock, Hooper and Beale whilst New Zealand didn't. Everyone was good right across the pitch. When you've got that quality 1 to 15 it just makes such a difference.

For me the World Cup has been great, Scotland put in some good performances and I think justified our position at the bottom of tier 1 rugby.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

ColtMcAsskick posted:

:toxx: wallabies to win because gently caress you we will :boom:

So I lost this toxx and I ain't even mad. I'll let you guys decide whether I should cop the ban or have some terribly embarrassing avatar.

Congrats to NZ again

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
SBW is awesome

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/31/sonny-bill-williams-world-cup-winners-medal-14-year-old-fan

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ColtMcAsskick posted:

So I lost this toxx and I ain't even mad. I'll let you guys decide whether I should cop the ban or have some terribly embarrassing avatar.

Congrats to NZ again

Get the manpile on Barret after his try as an avatar. Seems fitting penance.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Pitch invasions work

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?

14, or 7??

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11538355

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

its been changed to "young boy"

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

He's my favourite.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lol at Rod Kafer saying Ben Smith should have been sent off

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Congrats to NZ again

Ban.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

New avatar until Australia next win the World Cup or bledisloe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Congrats to NZ again

Get a fun avatar dude, no need to eat a ban :)

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I give you a choice of three rugby thread. Don't disappoint me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Crop Dan Carter out and just have the side of Conrad Smith's face.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
Drinking pints at 5.30am is a unique experience; will Japan's timezone be kinder? I cant remember what it was like when they had the soccer world cup

Gotta admit - teared up a little on that Barret try; just seeing everyone so loving happy. Way better than the 2011 final - that was just loving tense the whole way through.

I generally hate Moore with a passion but his speech was really really good, way better than Cheikas.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
4 hours behind us right now.

So afternoon games are dinner time here, evening games are lateish (~11pm kickoff) but not too bad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I may still be here in 2019...if I'm not I'll prob make the trip back for the cup. Rugby goes off here.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I may still be here in 2019...if I'm not I'll prob make the trip back for the cup. Rugby goes off here.

Where do you live? I'm probably going to Osaka on the 14th to watch some Top League.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Where do you live? I'm probably going to Osaka on the 14th to watch some Top League.

Tokyo.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Does anyone know if Peter Fitzgibbon has a bird fetish?

Because he hosed the Ospreys this afternoon. :rimshot:

(Sorry Tyma)

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Vaders Jester posted:

Does anyone know if Peter Fitzgibbon has a bird fetish?

Because he hosed the Ospreys this afternoon. :rimshot:

(Sorry Tyma)

How so, both yellow cards were correct.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

HappyCamperGL posted:

How so, both yellow cards were correct.

I thought he was harsher on the Ospreys at the breakdown than Glasgow even without the yellow cards, and that's with me wanting Glasgow to win.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 1, 2015

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The important thing is that we have the best jerseys.

I'm going into the corner to cry, now.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

01. Team Failure
02. Jader's Jesters
03. San Francisco 49ers
04. Pioneers Kings
05. Samson Lee's Face
06. 15Men1Cuck
07. Quade Sitting On The Sidelines
08. Tyma RFC
09. Leigh Halfpenny Memorial XV
10. HGHINMYASS
11. Leigh Halfpenny Memorial Fantasy XV
12. Slothrop
13. Butros
14. The Priestland Psychologists
15. Rhys's Pieces
16. Farts
17. Eggmen

Thank gently caress I only have to send the prize to Scotland this time. PM me an address to claim THE PRIZE, or email me at awfultyma@gmail.com

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh right, that was a thing. Glad to see I came last.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I love my dead gay rugby world cup.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

goatface posted:

Oh right, that was a thing. Glad to see I came second last.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Oh good, well and truly towards the end. Glad I'm not the selector for the AB's, we wouldn't have made it out of the pool

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

01. Team Failure
02. Jader's Jesters
03. San Francisco 49ers
04. Pioneers Kings
05. Samson Lee's Face
06. 15Men1Cuck
07. Quade Sitting On The Sidelines
08. Tyma RFC
09. Leigh Halfpenny Memorial XV
10. HGHINMYASS
11. Leigh Halfpenny Memorial Fantasy XV
12. Slothrop
13. Butros
14. The Priestland Psychologists
15. Rhys's Pieces
16. Farts
17. Eggmen

Thank gently caress I only have to send the prize to Scotland this time. PM me an address to claim THE PRIZE, or email me at awfultyma@gmail.com

Go me, proving once again that Scotland knows about Rugby just cannot play it.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

World Rugby Award Thingies

Player of the Year – Daniel Carter
Breakthrough Player of the Year – Nehe Mulder-Scully
Women’s Player of the Year – Kendra Cocksedge
Referee Of The Year – Nigel Owens

Team of the Year – New Zealand
Coach of the Year – Michael Cheika
Try of the Year – Julian Savea

Vernon Pugh Award for Distinguished Service – Nigel Starmer-Smith
Award for Character – Pakistan Rugby Union
Rugby World Cup Best Match Moment – Japan
IRPA Special Merit Award – Brian O’Driscoll and Nathan Sharpe

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I fully accept Cheika being coach of the year considering how well he turned the wallabies around. Hansen, while undoubtedly great, is part of a powerful system that is always going to appoint and produce quality.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Not sure I agree with Dan Carter for Player of the Year, he wasn't particularly great in the Super 15 this year unless they're just looking at RWC knockout stage performances or something.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I fully accept Cheika being coach of the year considering how well he turned the wallabies around. Hansen, while undoubtedly great, is part of a powerful system that is always going to appoint and produce quality.

What about Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

dex_sda posted:

What about Jones

I just thought about him after making that post. He did an incredible job with Japan and would have deserved the gong as much as anyone else. Shame he's moving on.