Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
New Goth Money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R688ZDr-rSU

They are in LA w/ Lil Ugly Mane tomorrow night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Is datpiff still the best place to get mixtapes?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Housh posted:

Is datpiff still the best place to get mixtapes?

Yeah. Spinrilla app for phone

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Slime Season 2 https://www.audiomack.com/album/youngthug/slime-season-2

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss

monkeu fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 1, 2015

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sliiiiiime

Nozz-A-La
Jul 28, 2006
Thief in the Night is nice

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Yes they put Raw on it good job for once 300.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

When it comes to fresh and interesting hip-hop, you can't do any better than Viper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds5xcnYs-B0

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

DoubleCakes posted:

When it comes to fresh and interesting hip-hop, you can't do any better than Viper.

Somewhere in this world somebody is watching this, leaning back in their chair and thinking just a single word

"Yes"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Notes about seeing Le1f live:

- motherfucker is sexy as hell
- got a fist bump for being the only one who knew the words to Koi
- rage is loving amazing live

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 1, 2015

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

DoubleCakes posted:

not sure if this a joke but his album this year Free Movers Inc. is really something.

on some lo-fi vaporwave g-funk poo poo it's very fuckwitable: https://play.spotify.com/track/7a9RMbC0HxtCV2S1T3Kqr0

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
ss2 not as good as ss1 but raw and as someone else mentioned thief in the night are very good. i'll have to give it a proper listen in my car but if this album wasn't 98% about loving bitches i'd be surprised - not a lot of thematic diversity, but it had a consistent, chill sound which i liked. maybe it would work better as background noise.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I actually just listened to it in the car and one line about "pussy being tight like a kid" made me do a double take

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

maybe it would work better as background noise.

the hallmark of quality music. if i were thugger i would be proud to read reviews like this in between codeine nods

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Marching Powder posted:

i'll have to give it a proper listen in my car but if this album wasn't 98% about loving bitches i'd be surprised - not a lot of thematic diversity

This is every Thugger album ever

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
If you edited the highlights of Slime Season 1 and 2 together you would have a tight product from start to finish. As they currently stand, these tapes are way too inconsistent.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Have we passed peak thug?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

so loving future posted:

Slime Season 2 is alright but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that Rich Gang is 50x him as a solo artist. And I love B6 and loosies here and there but yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HiTunes will silence the doubters

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Quantum of Phallus posted:

HiTunes will silence the doubters

And if it turns out to be mediocre he can just claim it's really a mixtape again and that his NEXT release will be his debut album...

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

DoubleCakes posted:

viper is a creepy motherfucker

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i stopped liking madlib production when i stopped being 16 and stoned all the time

not that im saying that song isnt good i just dont think its my thing
This thread has reached a new low.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

so loving future posted:

I honestly think his management have done him a disservice. Releasing everything ever is a good way to build hype but it really hurts in the long run. If they put an ounce of curation on his work and just had one release he would have had a stellar year. But people will burn out on these releases.

His highs are so high and unique so he is still one of my favourite artists currently working, but it sucks that I have to slog through cutting room floor junk to get to the good stuff.

If I had to pull together my favourite songs of the year Thugger would have five of them so he's still had a good year.

Besson fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 2, 2015

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i only started liking thug this year so i hope we haen't passed peak thug

Besson posted:

If you edited the highlights of Slime Season 1 and 2 together you would have a tight product from start to finish. As they currently stand, these tapes are way too inconsistent.

i liked ss1 a lot, and i'd only transplant a couple of songs but essentially, yes, between the two you've got an incredible album

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i stopped liking madlib production when i stopped being 16 and stoned all the time

not that im saying that song isnt good i just dont think its my thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JlZRd8TSc8

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
I keep trying to imagine what a year of the list for songs from you guys would look like

spoils
Nov 2, 2012

virinvictus posted:

I keep trying to imagine what a year of the list for songs from you guys would look like

quality sentence construction

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Are there some recent good Blu projects? I loved Below the Heavens and listened to some mixtapes a bit after that but kinda spaced out on him.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
slime season 2 is good

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I was being hyperbolic by saying Thugger is five of my ten but not really.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Besson posted:

I honestly think his management have done him a disservice. Releasing everything ever is a good way to build hype but it really hurts in the long run. If they put an ounce of curation on his work and just had one release he would have had a stellar year. But people will burn out on these releases.

His highs are so high and unique so he is still one of my favourite artists currently working, but it sucks that I have to slog through cutting room floor junk to get to the good stuff.

If I had to pull together my favourite songs of the year Thugger would have five of them so he's still had a good year.

I think this is the case with a bunch of people though, and I agree it builds fatigue in folks. Especially as you say, you have to slog through dull/repetitive junk to get to what's actually good. And at least on a personal level, a lot of this stuff I'll download and just let sit around because I don't necessarily have time for Thugger random project 13 that's gonna have 2-3 songs on I actually really like.

Otoh the music business is so bizarre now that it's hard to tell if it's actually a drag on his career. It sucks for the whole "place in music history" thing and message board talk, but it may actually be building buzz for him. As much as people talk bout Wayne and Gucci's giant mixtape output bringing them to the forefront, they also weren't competing with 20 other dudes doing the same thing, and 100000 people dropping stuff constantly. Their stuff got a boost because the idea of having decent content constantly coming out was new. But I'd wager that if Wayne put out the same run of mixtapes now as in his "prime", you'd see way less enthusiasm for it.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Finally a new Lil B track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gb22mLaCzM

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Coming Thanksgiving apparently:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

monkeu posted:

This would have been really exciting five years ago

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That cover lmao

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
It needs "weezy is back!!!" at the bottom for proper effect.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

monkeu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnTWyGcDva4

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm excited. Sorry 4 the wait 2 was good even though his album wasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I got a lot of mileage out of S4TW2, I think I listened to FWA once and it sucked.