Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey whoever asked about the pete carroll 30 for 30

it's loving good

TY, bb. I will be sure to catch it ASAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Booblord Zagats posted:

TY, bb. I will be sure to catch it ASAP

the beginning kinda blows but once they put pete carroll in poo poo gets to be incredible

edit: this is coming from someone who doesnt give the slightest gently caress at all about college football

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Found some of that soju you fucks keep raving about, got drunk on it mixed with oj and watching Rick and Morty with the girlfriend, god drat season two is good, and soju is a sneaky gently caress

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Slim Pickens posted:

Found some of that soju you fucks keep raving about, got drunk on it mixed with oj and watching Rick and Morty with the girlfriend, god drat season two is good, and soju is a sneaky gently caress

Soju is a premium liquor because Hite and Kass loving suck and its usually less than a dollar for a 12oz bottle.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Making tiny Rick listen to Elliott Smith and basically everything in that episode owned

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Soju still costs $20 after tax so yeah 3 buck chuck or ok vodka might be cheaper, but I don't think either of those have the same potential for making you lose a weekend to a drunken adventure you can't remember living

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Soju is a premium liquor because Hite and Kass loving suck and its usually less than a dollar for a 12oz bottle.

OB's ok

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
In what world does Soju cost $20? You could buy a liter bottle of it for like 2000 won when I was there.

edit: OH you bought in the states? The whole point of soju is a)its like a dollar b)aafes has a limit on alcohol purchases

if you're not in korea and subject to that, it is the worst poo poo ever for the whatever the US price is (apparently $20)

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
happy winoween

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxBO6KX9qTA

ebb could you just gif

everything

from this

tia

lol of course this is from the CW station in my hometown

also yeah soju is only cheap on-pen, otherwise get some vodka or something to rot your gut

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Watching people that think they can handle their alcohol and that "pussy rear end Asian poo poo" with things like Soju is hilarious

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

never (always) try to outdrink japanese or koreans

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Koreans by nature are 30% alcohol and only 40% water

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
about 80% kimchi

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

good kimchi is awewsome

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
OH don't get me wrong I love some kimchi but sitting in a cab where it just reeks of kimchi kinda sucks too

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

kimchi good, kimchi farts and kimchi puke bad

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

jesus christ don't drink soju you morons, especially not straight

it mixes with nearly every juice known to man and energy drinks and sprite and mountain dew but straight soju is for adjusshis stumbling home from the "restaurant" at 3am to their horrible screaming wives and making GBS threads on the street before getting there.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Took a trip to Home Plus before leave and somehow managed to bring one of the gallon jugs of soju back with me in my luggage, along with about a dozen IV kits. My friends learned their lesson after the first group blackout at 9 at night, and I had a room full of miserable hungover people with lines run the next morning. Almost like I was still on pen, just without all the godawful retarded poo poo to go with it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

iyaayas01 posted:

lol of course this is from the CW station in my hometown

the backstory makes me hella laugh

quote:

In 2006, Matt Geiler was the anchor of the 10 o'clock nightly newscast at KXVO, the Omaha CW affiliate. "I use the term newscast lightly, because it was more of an entertainment pop culture thing," he told me in a phone interview. Geiler remembers the station's news director telling him, "We only need a minute-and-a-half of news upfront and then you can do whatever you want. I don't care."

The program had a nominal budget ($1,000 for the year) to create 22 minutes of programming five nights a week. Geiler and his producers often had to improvise last-minute to fill the show. In the days leading up to Halloween 2006, they pitched several ideas, including grown men falling down in a pumpkin patch, a fictional murder mystery, and dressing up as grandmothers for a cooking segment. Then there was the pièce de résistance: "I've got this one thing where I put on a unitard and a pumpkin head and dance at people's graves," Geiler recalls pitching his manager, thinking it would never fly. "I want to call it 'Happy Jack: The Grave Dancer.'"

"Great," the manager responded.

Geiler never made it to an actual cemetery, but the idea worked even better because of it. He picked up a unitard from his local costume store, cut a foam pumpkin decoration in half, and jumped in front of a green screen.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
lmao I completely forgot when they used to have that "news" show

it was actually kind of funny

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Which one of you is this?

:nws: http://nutscapes.com/

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I like soju but the last time I drank it I drank a fifth or whatever size it comes in on top of a bunch of beer and well that was a mistake that I hope to not make again.

:nws: http://www.gfycat.com/WelcomeConsiderateFrilledlizard :nws:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Naked Bear posted:

I was kind of wincing as I clicked that, but :lol:

And I've never wanted to be a goddamned muppet more.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nice!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Naked Bear posted:

It's former QCS mod Wayne Gretzky

Not kidding

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

http://www.gfycat.com/PeskyBronzeJenny

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i was listening to the morrowind theme when i opened this and it could not have been any more :perfect:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNgI2sRzr8I

hmm.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I like that guy. Go watch The Devil's Double- it has him playing Uday Hussein and his body double during the salad days of the regime.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I like that guy. Go watch The Devil's Double- it has him playing Uday Hussein and his body double during the salad days of the regime.

Preacher is one of my absolute favorite comics. Pulp as gently caress and obnoxious, but insanely fun to read.

The guy seems like a good pick, i'm just surprised that the premise was so far off the storyline, unless they're showing Jessie's life as a preacher before he gets possessed.

There's a quick shot of Cassidy in there too, so it can't be that far off.

The Preacher adaptation is one of those projects that's been in development hell for forever. Kevin Smith and his producer Scott Mosier did a ton of work on it before it was shelved years ago, and some others have dipped into it without any success, I'm just surprised that out of everyone it's Seth Rogan that succeeded in getting it out the door. Walking Dead probably helped out a bunch, since AMC needs to maintain that audience and the spin-offs can only sustain it for so long.

Also Joseph Gordon-Levitt is making a Sandman movie, which is really weird since that would make about a billion times more sense as a long-running series than a one-off movie or trilogy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Forget Sandman, get me a live adaptation of Lucifer with Michael Fassbender.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Preacher looks good but that Badlands show looks dumb as poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Forget Sandman, get me a live adaptation of Lucifer with Michael Fassbender.

oh god i'd kill for that

also wife and i are in the middle of fargo season 1 and it's very good, and it's kinda shocking how many movie people are in it. A few years back you'd hear about TV people making the big break into movies, or how a tv show scored big and got a movie actor. Nowadays it's all blurred and you get cool stuff like Billy Bob Thorton being intense as gently caress in a TV show.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

can't wait to see the makeup for this

also this

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

At one point Samuel L Jackson had lobbied for and secured the role as the Saint of All Killers. That was years and years ago though.

Also during that time there was Arseface makeup tests done

really loving good imo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also Ric Flair is getting a 30 for 30 treatment

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/ric-flair-getting-30-30-documentary.html

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Just finished watching :lost: for the second time. I enjoyed the last season a LOT more this time.

Sun and Jin were the saddest thing since Jurassic Bark.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i really enjoyed Lost

it was goofy enough to be fun while produced well enough to be genuinely good tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

This will be amazing. Ric Flair's story is so loving depressing and 30 for 30 does a really good job or getting actual emotion out of this poo poo while keeping everything anchored in reality

• Locked thread