Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cloud Imperium Games: £375
Roberts Space Industries: £375
Foundry 42: £750

Total Fines: £1500

I guess they don't care because that's less than two hours of income?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tippis posted:

Those aren't bills.

True, sorry. The important thing is they are bleeding money for entirely avoidable reasons.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TTerrible posted:

True, sorry. The important thing is they are bleeding money for entirely avoidable reasons.

Yeah, I was just hoping they'd moved on to the next rung in the failscade ladder. Oh well.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

MVP posted:

Sandi's best scene, camera work is phenomenal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ngauotEWM

Is ironic that all of the badguys in that film Samdo acts on are dark skinned cannibals.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Could it be that your feelings for CIG color your opinion on the looks of Mrs. Gardiner?

:lurkmore:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

The loving irony of this rear end in a top hat posting that emoticon.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Cloud Imperium Games: £375
Roberts Space Industries: £375
Foundry 42: £750

Total Fines: £1500

I guess they don't care because that's less than two hours of income?
Those are just the automatic fixed penalties, if HMRC thinks they're actively taking the piss and not just being incompetent fucksticks they can bring much bigger guns to bear.

As in actual criminal charges for the directors and unlimited fines.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Skoll posted:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I had to look up this article and now I'm surprised you didn't put in ones about "restructuring", since that's come out more than once from Roberts' mouth alone; "the company is growing too fast", with that bit at CitCon 2015 where they've been hiring more people; and "higher ups are jumping ship".

AP posted:

People in Austin are being laid off, precisely as predicted by Derek Smart in September. I don't think CIG have made the Austin office close/move public yet, but Derek has already mentioned the new much smaller office location I believe.

Good luck to everyone affected if you're reading.

It's also another team lead position.

Dapper Dan posted:

They'll just make up some magical bullshit that they're too busy or some other stupid loving poo poo. They're defending a company that has missed every single deadline without fail and offered up nothing in response. And the poo poo they have offered up has been horribly broken or is constantly being re-worked.

I recall when Ortwin wrote his demand letter to the Escapist that he CCed two lawyers, one of which it turned out was handling Foundry 42's business specifically with the British regulations like the Companies House. They literally have people working on it, but the fact that nothing is done means they were hired to stonewall the regulators, as well as advise them to paying the fines since it's cheaper to do that than disclose their entire operation.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

It was never a secret.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:lol:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

This was to be expected Patrick was based in Austin and their biggest allocation of environmental artists incl. the Global Environmental Art Lead are based in Manchester, it looks like the majority of art related functions is concentrated down there. It's a drat shame, Patrick seemingly wields a lot of experience, having worked at Blizzard and ID Software.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Dear redditor, please ask Sandi about harassment policies in the workplace.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

sorla78 posted:

This was to be expected Patrick was based in Austin and their biggest allocation of environmental artists incl. the Global Environmental Art Lead are based in Manchester, it looks like the majority of art related functions is concentrated down there.

Oh, great, those guys are responsible for some stellar work on that CitCon poster, I tell you what.

sorla78 posted:

It's a drat shame, Patrick seemingly wields a lot of experience, having worked at Blizzard and ID Software.

Is that why the social planetside and the FPS interiors looked like they were from Doom 3 or Quake IV?

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

(Derek Smart insists that CIG’s head of marketing, Sandi Gardiner, is secretly married to Roberts and should therefore be called “Sandra Roberts”),
https://archive.is/NaxCA#selection-1179.108-1179.256

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

Why don't you explain what you mean to this rear end in a top hat?

-edit-
No, you know what? GFY.
I've been dealing with poo poo from CIG and their White Knights for at least a year, and have been permabanned/deleted from the forums for pulling all my funds out of that sinkhole.

If anyone wants to question my problem with CIG/Sandi/Chris/Ben, all they need to do is look at my posts here, FB, and twitter.

I came here because I shouldn't have to censor or mince words, unlike the RSI forums.
I might be an rear end in a top hat, but that's just because some people don't like hearing the Truth.

BluestreakBTHR fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 2, 2015

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lol @ 2015 regdates

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

drkeiscool posted:

So, what is the significance of this?

The environments are all ready and the game is about to ship.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BluestreakBTHR posted:

:lurkmore:

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

See my edited post, please.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BluestreakBTHR posted:

See my edited post, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iubog28_KBI

Dumbass.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I've been looking around at other Kickstarter scams recently, after all these SC goings on, and I just came across this Reddit thing for the Futurefoon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/shittykickstarters/comments/2nrcwo/the_dragonfly_a_fake_device_that_will_never_work/

Now I know Reddit is terrible and I shouldn't be linking to anything, but the comments in this are hilarious in light of what is going on in the SC subreddit.

quote:

Asking questions to possibly destroy the myth is nowadays considered trolling. You actually might get banned for that, not the scammers.

I just wish I could link this in the face of everyone there to show them their own drat people say this poo poo and it's not some conspiracy of Derek Smart(tm)'s Something Awful(tm) LLC.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Been here less than a month and never posted outside of Star Citizen threads, better tell people to lurk more.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

-edit-
No, you know what? GFY.
I've been dealing with poo poo from CIG and their White Knights for at least a year, and have been permabanned/deleted from the forums for pulling all my funds out of that sinkhole.

If anyone wants to question my problem with CIG/Sandi/Chris/Ben, all they need to do is look at my posts here, FB, and twitter.

I came here because I shouldn't have to censor or mince words, unlike the RSI forums.
I might be an rear end in a top hat, but that's just because some people don't like hearing the Truth.

Chocobo posted:

Been here less than a month and never posted outside of Star Citizen threads, better tell people to lurk more.

Pretty much what this guy said, that's why this is ironic. Good on you for having your first meltdown post though! A little culty/furry in composition, but they'll get better as you work at it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

BluestreakBTHR posted:

-edit-
No, you know what? GFY.

you've plugged your radio show for like 4/5ths of every post you've ever made since you registered, and you only registered a month ago. That's pretty lovely posting, shittier than me even. hth.

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

pftc posted:

(Derek Smart insists that CIG’s head of marketing, Sandi Gardiner, is secretly married to Roberts and should therefore be called “Sandra Roberts”),
https://archive.is/NaxCA#selection-1179.108-1179.256

My friend that is old news, she even said as much during the last public koolaid gathering beneath the concorde in the UK. I would expect she is using her "SAG" name, to further her "acting" career, hopefully on projects that shall never see the light of day in any English speaking country...possibly she's working on a film project to screen at detention camps to induce terrorists to co-operate.

"<Insert generic terrorist name here> three choices, talk or be thrown from a helicopter at a thousand feet, or watch this film starring Sandy Gardiner......"

"American dog cast me from your flying machine"

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
According to esteemed Something Awful Dot Com Star Citizen thread forum poster BluestreakBTHR, calling him a dumbass and telling him to lurk more is censorship.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BluestreakBTHR posted:

-edit-
No, you know what? GFY.

There's more to life than Star Citizen.

Skoll posted:

According to esteemed Something Awful Dot Com Star Citizen thread forum poster BluestreakBTHR, calling him a dumbass and telling him to lurk more is censorship.

Well in his defense that's pretty much all it takes for RSI to ban you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
IF ANYONE IS MAKING poo poo POSTS AROUND HWERE IT BETTER BE ME!

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I've been searching for a 4 hour radio show about Star Citizen. The endless hours of people's terrible hour long videos on Youtube are not enough

Did Bootcha get his money back yet?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well in his defense that's pretty much all it takes for RSI to ban you.

This isn't RSI. He regged here solely to rip on CIG and co. He's already proven that he does not make financially sound decisions in the first place re: backing SC.

Now he comes here to specifically shitpost in one thread and has the gall to tell others to lurkmore. gently caress this guy.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

This guy desperately wants to let out the racial anger he has building up inside him

The holocaust is made much more convenient because you can just vent the atmosphere of your space cattle cars and toss the cargo into the sun.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

shut up and go away

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Skoll posted:

This isn't RSI. He regged here solely to rip on CIG and co. He's already proven that he does not make financially sound decisions in the first place re: backing SC.

Now he comes here to specifically shitpost in one thread and has the gall to tell others to lurkmore. gently caress this guy.

backing SC especially before Nov 2013 was as sound decision as it could be. things started to turn into a pile of poo poo during the week long anniversary sale that is when I found it that it is all about the JPEGS

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Here's my catte to get things back on track

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EminusSleepus posted:

backing SC especially before Nov 2013 was as sound decision as it could be. things started to turn into a pile of poo poo during the week long anniversary sale that is when I found it that it is all about the JPEGS

pre-ordering video games is the exact opposite of a sound decision

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Madcosby posted:

pre-ordering video games is the exact opposite of a sound decision

b-b-b-but im gonna play fallout 4 at release day anyway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

peter gabriel posted:

IF ANYONE IS MAKING poo poo POSTS AROUND HWERE IT BETTER BE ME!

Bullshit, motherfucker. I make all the unironically poo poo posts around here. :(

• Locked thread