Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Good Dumplings posted:

Isn't that how preorders work? Though I guess they're not usually what fuels a AAA game's sales.

Publishers like pre-orders because they have guaranteed money up front. I'm no business scientist but I imagine this is good for sales projections and garbage like that. They don't tend to actually fund game development with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Random Integer posted:

Is every episode near 2 hours long? Because thats almost 200 hours of their lives spent talking about a computer game which doesn't even exist. I can't imagine anyone would be able to look back on their life and think 'yes, that was time well spent'.

Remember these are the same group of people who have spent thousands on gaming rigs, green screens, professional lighting setups, microphones etc, to stream themselves talking about a game that doesn't exist

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

This is how an real world works.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
the first thing he lists as a feature of a nice car: power steering

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

doctor iono posted:

the first thing he lists as a feature of a nice car: power steering

Well executed power steering feels almost like a 1:1 translation of the tires on the road followed very closely by suspension.

Anything beyond those two things is quite minor to a good driving experience.

Edit: Assuming you can drive the car and just not stare at a jpeg of said car.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Good Dumplings posted:

Isn't that how preorders work? Though I guess they're not usually what fuels a AAA game's sales.

Preorders generally only go for 6 months before a game release, at which point there's a definite product there (poo poo or not). AAA games also don't require preorders to fund the development.

SC's model has been basically collecting preorders/P2W cash to fund the development the entire way, with the exception of some venture capital at the beginning (which they've bought most out with backer funding).

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dunite posted:

Well executed power steering feels almost like a 1:1 translation of the tires on the road followed very closely by suspension.

Anything beyond those two things is quite minor to a good driving experience.

Edit: Assuming you can drive the car and just not stare at a jpeg of said car.

the gently caress are you talking about

the joke is every car comes with power steering these days

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

Preorders generally only go for 6 months before a game release, at which point there's a definite product there (poo poo or not). AAA games also don't require preorders to fund the development.

SC's model has been basically collecting preorders/P2W cash to fund the development the entire way, with the exception of some venture capital at the beginning (which they've bought most out with backer funding).

What I find hilarious and tragic about the model is the never ending fundraising prohibits "open development". They have to maintain a positive and consumer pleasing message at all times or risk their revenue stream, which they are completely dependent on to deliver anything resembling their bloated sales pitch.

I can only imagine how different their community and product would be if they stopped fundraising at 23m

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I just realized.... Yughioh cards are also jpgs!!! Why didn't anyone tell me? Now I know the appeal of Star Citizen! :nixon:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

I just realized.... Yughioh cards are also jpgs!!! Why didn't anyone tell me? Now I know the appeal of Star Citizen! :nixon:

Yugi-oh is a real game. Star Citizen only exists in your head.

:wtchris:

no_recall fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 2, 2015

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

no_recall posted:

if only you could send CR to the Shadow Realm

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

no_recall posted:

Star Citizen only exists in your head.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

no_recall posted:

I printed out a blue eyes white constellation and an Aurora the Destroyer Tormenter. So I guess your point is invalid. :smuggo:

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

D_Smart posted:

As I've said in my blogs, I don't personally believe that they set out to con anyone, commit consumer fraud etc. poo poo just happens. It's like that time when you signed some poo poo without reading the fine print.

I completely believe that when (note that I didn't say if) this all goes to hell in a hand basket that they will pin the blame squarely on me. As croberts did in his diatribe where he dragged #gamergate into the mix, only those wankers on Reddit will attempt to drag Goons into it.

As illogical as it sounds to blame ONE MAN for the collapse of a $90m+ project, considering the irrational behavior of these morons, it's exactly what I think they will do because they will need and want a villain.

Any sensible person will ask one simple question: How EXACTLY is this ONE MAN responsible for the collapse of a $90m+ project?

The answers will make as much sense as why anyone would spend $20K on a video game that's notoriously late, has never made a deadline, has shifted goal posts etc in four loving years.

That's true your neither responsible for them giving refunds, naming their ships or not closing a studio completely.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

*you're

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
:gary: PAARP SHITIZEN

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

I printed out a blue eyes white constellation and an Aurora the Destroyer Tormenter. So I guess your point is invalid. :smuggo:

Well played. :shepspends:

Meonekton
Oct 26, 2014
I'm actually surprised they're releasing something. I thought 2.0 would never see the light of day as CIG would put all their focus on SQ42.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Meonekton posted:

I'm actually surprised they're releasing something. I thought 2.0 would never see the light of day as CIG would put all their focus on SQ42.

what are they releasing

a poop?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Karl_Ramseier posted:

That's true your neither responsible for them giving refunds, naming their ships or not closing a studio completely.

There you have it folks, Karl "Not a Space Marshal Level" Ramseier just affirmed that there is a possibility of collapse of a $90m+ project.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Karl_Ramseier posted:

:gary:POTATO

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

G0RF posted:

Hey-- we got some new dates from CIG! (Sorry if this was already posted...)

Source.

Ha, called it. Just in time for the anniversary sale.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Someone please make a card game from the jpegs available on the site Hearthstone style.

tia

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

no_recall posted:

Someone please make a card game from the jpegs available on the site Hearthstone style.

tia
Do you mean ship cards or imastarcitizen cards?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

no_recall posted:

tia

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Why don't you explain what you mean to this rear end in a top hat?
-edit-
No, you know what? GFY.
I've been dealing with poo poo from CIG and their White Knights for at least a year, and have been permabanned/deleted from the forums for pulling all my funds out of that sinkhole.
If anyone wants to question my problem with CIG/Sandi/Chris/Ben, all they need to do is look at my posts here, FB, and twitter.
I came here because I shouldn't have to censor or mince words, unlike the RSI forums.
I might be an rear end in a top hat, but that's just because some people don't like hearing the Truth.

I know these might be hard times for you. Don't let it get to you. We all know and respect that an important hahaha part of your life has ended. Getting a refunded account banned from a vidya game forum. I get it, you're mad.
Just realize: I wasn't asking about your troubled relationship with SC. I was trying to get you to think about your statement. Because unironically calling Mrs. Sandi Gardiners looks "disgusting" is as far away from reality as SC is from being a finished game.

Could it be that you're the one, who does not wanting to hear the "truth" at this moment in time.

PSA
And everyone in similar situations please do not kill yourself. It's just :10bux: and a video game.

P.S.
You do not need to censor your words here. Just be prepared for the fact that nobody else has to censor their words either.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Sandi looks disgusting and i would NOT* have sex with her

*this is an official position of the sexhaver anonymous crew

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

:downsbravo:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Nation posted:

This poo poo is creepy and I wish goons would stop. There is plenty to make fun of and poo poo post about with out having to resort to degrading a woman's looks it's pretty bullshit.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm just a filthy console gamer, but I think most pre-release sales come within two months of the release date. Like, nobody at GameStop asked if I wanted to pre-order Fallout 4 last January.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Vire posted:

This poo poo is creepy and I wish goons would stop. There is plenty to make fun of and poo poo post about with out having to resort to degrading a woman's looks it's pretty bullshit.

they are already degraded sorry

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
Id like to see proof that Sandi does indeed have 5 educational degrees and speaks 5 languages beyond being able to say , "hello", "how are you" and "taxi please".

quote:

The icing on the cake is that she has five degrees and speaks five languages, which I am willing to bet makes her a lot more qualified than Derek Smart is!-
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Amun Khonsu posted:

Id like to see proof that Sandi does indeed have 5 educational degrees and speaks 5 languages beyond being able to say , "hello", "how are you" and "taxi please".
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

umm she can sing the Nazi anthem as well :)

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Concierge weighs in on complainers. Response was to a backer (now banned) who complained he had gotten less, not more than he was promised.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/290440/thank-you-chris-roberts-for-the-uec/p2

Tokomi
Tokomi AggressorBacker TOKOMI
Posted: October 17
To our beloved Complainers: perhaps you backed for the wrong reasons and now, since that is revealed, you are naturally disappointed. .. who knows? But had you gone in for other reasons you wouldn't be here griping. Again, who knows?

In any case, you could do yourselves a favor and simply stop cluttering up threads and forums, be silent, or go away - for the short or long or permanent term. Removing ypurself fropm the source of pain may ease it. There are options of recourse for you. But it seems to me that you probably know that, adults that you are, yet whining about abput it here simply reveals your either immaturity, inability to cope, desire to tear the project down, or a combination of all those. What it doesn't do is change absolute facts or give you your passive agressive demands.

With respect, I pity you. :/
---
Moving on...

Instead of a CS ticket simply saying thanks.

I'll say it here.

Thanks, CIG and CR. Jolly capital of you. You didn't have to do that.
Permalink FlagQuote

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Nation posted:

Have some class.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

no_recall posted:

I wonder how many different ways they're thinking up to rebrand "2 Weeks TM"

"Two Weeks Notice" (for everyone)

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

you guys are very touchy on the subject of the very ugly woman both physically and personality wise

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Nation posted:

At least post us a picture of your genitals so that we could evaluate if anyone would like to have sex with you. I know you talk the talk...

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Amun Khonsu posted:

If you count the languages in which she can ask "Are you shaved down there?" it's actually 25 languages. This includes sign language and three languages, spoken by tribes as of jet undiscovered by science!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

SirTagz posted:

At least post us a picture of your genitals so that we could evaluate if anyone would like to have sex with you. I know you talk the talk...

Im not going to post a picture for free itt of all places

• Locked thread