Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Amun Khonsu posted:

Id like to see proof that Sandi does indeed have 5 educational degrees and speaks 5 languages beyond being able to say , "hello", "how are you" and "taxi please".
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

lets try the laguages:

English
Australian (Aborigins)
Banu
Xi'An
Vanduul

so I guess she will be the one doing the Alien Languages for the stretch goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ravane posted:

I printed out a blue eyes white constellation and an Aurora the Destroyer Tormenter. So I guess your point is invalid. :smuggo:
Listen up Chris Roberts I have an idea for you: Star Citizen boardgame. You can develop it way faster than a digital product and just send out specific ships autists paid thousands of dollars for as nice custom cardboard checkers or something. You keep the promises and money and then disappear on some tropical island.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Nation posted:

Im not going to post a picture for free itt of all places

C'mon man. Post it. We need to know what all the ladies are missing. Those poor women.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I know these might be hard times for you. Don't let it get to you. We all know and respect that an important hahaha part of your life has ended. Getting a refunded account banned from a vidya game forum. I get it, you're mad.
Just realize: I wasn't asking about your troubled relationship with SC. I was trying to get you to think about your statement. Because unironically calling Mrs. Sandi Gardiners looks "disgusting" is as far away from reality as SC is from being a finished game.

Could it be that you're the one, who does not wanting to hear the "truth" at this moment in time.

PSA
And everyone in similar situations please do not kill yourself. It's just :10bux: and a video game.

P.S.
You do not need to censor your words here. Just be prepared for the fact that nobody else has to censor their words either.

This is a pretty good post.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Vire posted:

This poo poo is creepy and I wish goons would stop. There is plenty to make fun of and poo poo post about with out having to resort to degrading a woman's looks it's pretty bullshit.

Do we have to stop making fun of the fat guy for being fat too

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

EminusSleepus posted:

lets try the laguages:

English
Australian (Aborigins)
Banu
Xi'An
Vanduul

so I guess she will be the one doing the Alien Languages for the stretch goal
that's true, here's a demonstration

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

A Stupid Baby posted:

Nah, gently caress 'em up

:gary:

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

A Stupid Baby posted:

It would be nice, but lets be realistic here...

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

SirTagz posted:

It would be nice, but lets be realistic here...

I tried. Can't seem to get round that idea.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Jimb posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I have no opinions on Sandi's appearance, her relationship with Chris Roberts, or her personal ambitions. I have no opinions on Ben Lesnick's appearance either and my condolences go out to anybody out there struggling with weight loss.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That said,

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jimb posted:

Fat shaming is good cause it can motivate people to lose weight. Or kill themselves. Either one would be cool wit me if Ben did it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm not ashamed to admit I googled Sandi topless and thought she looked good, despite the consensus in this thread.

I still think her, Croberts, Lesnick and the rest of the CIG acolytes are pieces of poo poo though.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Shes fine I think its just that she's trying to be sexy in that gif and it just comes off super strange and disjointed enough to where its kind of an uncanny valley of sexual signals

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

A Stupid Baby posted:

Shes fine I think its just that she's trying to be sexy in that gif and it just comes off super strange and disjointed enough to where its kind of an uncanny valley of sexual signals

janssendalt
May 7, 2015
hey guys and goons
this game is coming out
and it's going to be the best

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

A Stupid Baby posted:

Meh. If you look at her pics from her modelling days she looks better. She has lost weight and is too boney in the face now. Not a look you'd want as a model.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

janssendalt posted:

hey guys and goons
this game is coming out

So...from alpha to product in a year? Alright then.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Nation posted:

Im not going to post a picture for free itt of all places

Don't see why it has to be free.

In fact, when you give a girl the D you could call it a microtransaction.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

Dapper Dan posted:

So...from alpha to product in a year? Alright then.

maybe they are referring to 2.0 hitting the normal servers next year instead of PTU?

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

janssendalt posted:

maybe they are referring to 2.0 hitting the normal servers next year instead of PTU?

They might be referring to a forums upgrade.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

A Stupid Baby posted:

Hell no he chose that.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

janssendalt posted:

Let's be honest here. The version numbering has not been consistent for any period over 6 months. 2.0 can mean whatever the gently caress they want it to mean. also 'alpha', 'beta' and 'retail ready'.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008
The day, Sandie's appearance becomes the most pressing concern with Star Citizen, I'm backing the poo poo out of it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Amun Khonsu posted:

too boney in the face now.
Ben is draining her fat through a straw.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
So they're suddenly claiming alpha 2.0 is right around the corner after outright refusing to give a date at CitCon? Do they seriously have made multicrew working when they can't even stop their golf carts from exploding and/or falling through the world? And I thought they also claimed Squadron 42 episode 1 was coming with 2.0 instead of being its own module.

I just want to hear what the doc has to say on this.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

janssendalt posted:

It could be a Star Citizen mug.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

notoriousman posted:

So they're suddenly claiming alpha 2.0 is right around the corner after outright refusing to give a date at CitCon? Do they seriously have made multicrew working when they can't even stop their golf carts from exploding and/or falling through the world? And I thought they also claimed Squadron 42 episode 1 was coming with 2.0 instead of being its own module.

I just want to hear what the "doc" has to say on this.

:google: more

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

AP posted:

It could be a Star Citizen mug.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14810-Travel-Mugs-Are-Here

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Dude, I follow this thing probably more than anyone else and I haven't a loving clue what poo poo they are going to release, neither do you, neither do they so don't tell someone to google something nobody knows.

"in about 10 days times" is the new "2 weeks".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

We were laughing at the mug a while back, but you weren't here.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

:google: result is two weeks. :gary: Paaaarp!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Good Dumplings posted:

Isn't that how preorders work? Though I guess they're not usually what fuels a AAA game's sales.

Sankis posted:

Publishers like pre-orders because they have guaranteed money up front. I'm no business scientist but I imagine this is good for sales projections and garbage like that.
^^ this, in particular pre-orders are a big factor for larger retail buy-in. If gamestop has large pre-order numbers for game x, they order more shelf product for launch day. So the publisher isn't just getting the consumer's money in advance, they're getting retail's too. I think even in the age of digital distribution the pre-orders are still a thing for influence on front page positioning and co-marketing deals.

Don't pre-order games is still good advice, with steam refunds it's maybe a bit less of a risk. Or you can just wait for a sale and get the "exclusive" pre-order content that turned into DLC for $5.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

notoriousman posted:

I just want to hear what the doc has to say on this.

Could be a completely separate branch of development where they threw the baby with the bathwater out and so it will work better but be even more bare bones haha. Or they are lying and just trying to match elite for horizons well you can take your pick. I still have no idea why this company needs to have like 7 different shell companies and like multiple studios all over the world it seems completely insane instead of just having one studio and 1-2 companies. I have no idea how they would get 2.0 together that fast even if they were flexing their man power finally. Look at what a train wreck the master chief collection was and it had what 3-4 different studios working on the same game it still doesn't work great.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

Dark Off posted:

:google: result is two weeks. :gary: Paaaarp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mClfU2NStY

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

janssendalt posted:

hey guys and goons
this game is coming out

We already discussed that. But I am curious, given your enthusiasm, if you can clarify what "Full product in a year" specifically refers to?

1 - Squadron 42 (If this- is it the commercial release? If yes, is it the first chapter of missions? All missions?)
2 - The Persistent Universe (If this, will it include all ships thusfar sold, 100 Star Systems, 4 alien languages, space pets, and everything else listed in Stretch Goals? How many players will be supported per instance?)
3 - The full commercial release of Star Citizen (Both of the above?)

If you know, please confirm. If you don't, that's okay-- but then what exactly are you excited about?

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Vire posted:

Could be a completely separate branch of development where they threw the baby with the bathwater out and so it will work better but be even more bare bones haha. Or they are lying and just trying to match elite for horizons well you can take your pick. I still have no idea why this company needs to have like 7 different shell companies and like multiple studios all over the world it seems completely insane instead of just having one studio and 1-2 companies. I have no idea how they would get 2.0 together that fast even if they were flexing their man power finally. Look at what a train wreck the master chief collection was and it had what 3-4 different studios working on the same game it still doesn't work great.

The truth is always behing the money trail. And they arent showing the money trail.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

janssendalt posted:

hey guys and goons
this game is coming out

That's not a very good haiku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

notoriousman posted:

Don't see why it has to be free.

In fact, when you give a girl the D you could call it a microtransaction.

lol

• Locked thread