Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

meatpimp posted:

This is why I love AI. Comrade Flynn, your post wasn't called cunty for any reason involving ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°YOUR MONEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°, it was called cunty because it had the tone of a oval office. If you don't like something, fine, but you can't cast some blanket judgement on something based on your subjective interpretation of cool, that would make you like HotCanadianChick.

Don't be like HotCanadianChick.

Also, any slag you get isn't because you think you're Mr. Moneybags of the forum. From a lot of us, it comes from your bragging about "I can do AWD burnouts at will," then when asked to do just such a thing, you cried about "¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°MY $10,000 Clutch¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°."

A lot of us are happy for you that you're doing well, honestly. But just do the loving burnout already.

This is such a cunty post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why not go to a race track or do a drift instead of arguing about boring crap imo.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I don't know what you are all going on about but here is a masterpiece

perabyte
Apr 2, 2005

Angry
From a recent fishing trip.

Now with winter tires and rims! Crosspost from Subaru thread.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Picked it up today. It makes an amazing noise. My first V8. I love torque.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Enjoy chasing O2 sensor problems and be careful when jump starting due to the ecu being a picky Lil bitch. And I do love the noise they make to bad there's no acceleration that follows.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

SouthsideSaint posted:

Enjoy chasing O2 sensor problems and be careful when jump starting due to the ecu being a picky Lil bitch. And I do love the noise they make to bad there's no acceleration that follows.

Oh yeah, sub 5 second 0-60 and 12 second quarter mile. Super slow.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise that was something to be proud of. If that's the one redeeming quality of a car that's poo poo everywhere else then I guess your right. Never mind the fact that they were never driven because corvette and they have lovely gm transmissions that don't do well to neglected fluid. But specs from when the car was new is totally true this many years later.

Edit: I work on vettes all the time. The nostalgia is what sells them. Mind you I have not worked on the newest and gen before of vette

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

SouthsideSaint posted:

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise that was something to be proud of. If that's the one redeeming quality of a car that's poo poo everywhere else then I guess your right. Never mind the fact that they were never driven because corvette and they have lovely gm transmissions that don't do well to neglected fluid. But specs from when the car was new is totally true this many years later.

Now see, this is a cunty post. Not asking a question.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

SouthsideSaint posted:

What is going on with this thread? making GBS threads on classic Lincolns and nice Corvettes? Guys, these are very cool cars...

Comrade Flynn posted:

Now see, this is a cunty post. Not asking a question.

Agreed.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Yes stating facts learned from working on them is cunty. And mind you I never shifted on his love for his new car. Just vettes in general. Nothing wrong with loving a new car.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

SouthsideSaint posted:

Yes stating facts learned from working on them is cunty. And mind you I never shifted on his love for his new car. Just vettes in general. Nothing wrong with loving a new car.

Haha. You're a dumbass

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Dislike button posted:

Haha. You're a dumbass

Spoken like a true vette owner.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Ive had my silver C5 for almost 13 years with no engine issues, just a lovely GM interior which I knew going into it. I still cant think of another sports car I'd rather own aside from a newer corvette ( but not new because rapid depreciation is what I love about them.)

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Corvette more Snorvette am I right????

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

gently caress that noise, the 'Vette is a good sports car.
How is a T56 a "lovely GM transmission"? It's THE standard 6-speed.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 2, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I want one in fire engine red

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Imperador do Brasil posted:

gently caress that noise, the 'Vette is a good sports car.
How is a T56 a "lovely GM transmission"? It's THE standard 6-speed.

Yep cause that's the only transmission attached to a corvette. And everyone takes good good care of there corvettes. And automatic transmissions handle rear end in a top hat drivers well.

Edited for clarity

clam ache fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 2, 2015

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

SouthsideSaint posted:

Yep cause that's the only trans attached to a vette. And everyone takes good good care of there vettes and automatic transmissions handle a hole drivers well.

I've read this 4 times and still have no idea what you are trying to say. Did you have a stroke midway through writing it?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Comrade Flynn posted:

I've read this 4 times and still have no idea what you are trying to say. Did you have a stroke midway through writing it?

I think he's saying

SouthsideSaint posted:

Yep, 'cause that's the only trans attached to a 'vette. Everyone takes good good care of their 'vettes, and automatic transmissions handle rear end in a top hat drivers well.

Although I'm pretty sure that any C5 or C6 in AI is going to have a T-56. He does have a point that the 4L60E has some problems (due to being an electronically shifted version of a trans that took a 3-speed from 1964 and crammed a fourth gear in there), but I wouldn't write off the whole chassis for that reason.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I wasn't writing it off for a lovely automatic GM trans. I was writing it off for how lovely every generation I have driven has handled,accelerated, and rattled but that's just gm plastics.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

SouthsideSaint posted:

I wasn't writing it off for a lovely automatic GM trans. I was writing it off for how lovely every generation I have driven has handled,accelerated, and rattled but that's just gm plastics.

So your standard for good acceleration and handling is what? I'm genuinely curious.

The crappiness of GM interiors is well-known.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

SouthsideSaint posted:

They do rattle a lot, but you're pretty dumb if you don't think a C6 Z06 accelerates and handles well for a stock car. And at that price range, good god they were something else.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

SouthsideSaint posted:

I wasn't writing it off for a lovely automatic GM trans. I was writing it off for how lovely every generation I have driven has handled,accelerated [poorly], and rattled but that's just gm plastics.

What was wrong with the C5's handling? At 350hp for 3300lbs, it's pretty quick.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
My Mazda MP3 and Integra Type R get better skidpad and slalom numbers tho!!! C5 is poo poo see.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Ai poster - corvettes are cool cars guys

other ai poster - hey guys check out this corvette I bought

Ai poster - hahahahahaha what a pile of poo poo you know they're poo poo right?? Good luck with your shitbox rear end in a top hat!!!!! Hahaha

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Miata supremacy

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
you all loving suck on both sides of this argument and should stop making GBS threads on each others rides.

Just upgraded my most recent vehicular acquisition from a measly 0.012hp/lb to 0.024hp/lb :getin:

0-60 in NEVER

hardparking and hood pop haters: sorry not sorry

Powershift posted:

You'll never see a nurburgring sticker on the back window of one.
If you win the lottery you are legally required to make this happen. Mostly because I want to see a video of a DHL truck lapping the USS Lincoln.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kastein posted:

0-60 in NEVER

Oh sure, if you're a COWARD.

Laura-4-Lyfe
Oct 14, 2005

I was moving things around for winter storage and grabbed a pic.

Also, Corvettes are rad. Even the late 70s Californa models.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Enourmo posted:

Oh sure, if you're a COWARD.
It's physically incapable. Hydrostatic differential/transmission final drive or something. It's a weird setup and I don't understand how it works, but it can't be pushed when in neutral with the brake off unless you remove the shear pin that links one wheel to its axle, so I can't imagine it's anything other than hydrostatic nonsense in there.

I've done 20mph on a 5hp Briggs&Scrapiron tractor a friend owns, on which you can swap the big and small chain drive sprockets to reverse the drive ratio, with another friend hanging off my shoulders and the fenders, through a cratered dirt road. I'd love to do that with this one, but it's just not possible :sigh:

(that's the same tractor I've posted a few stories about, including 4-wheeling it in the woods behind my house and rolling it, keeping the steering wheel from crushing my skull with one foot over my head until it hydrolocked on its own oil, and the time the aforementioned drive sprocket fell off because I forgot it has to be kicked back on regularly while engine braking down a hill... since the service brakes were also nonfunctional/AWOL, this resulted in freewheeling madly down the hill into my yard and wrecking it trying to thread the needle between two parts jeeps because colliding head on with either one of them seemed like a painful proposition.)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kastein posted:

Just upgraded my most recent vehicular acquisition from a measly 0.012hp/lb to 0.024hp/lb :getin:

0-60 in NEVER
I'm not trying to be mean, but why? It's not fast, not really comfortable, no technology, will kill you in a crash, and gets horrible mileage. Is this just one of the memes this forum goes through were awful cars are so bad people lust over them (see: dumb combines harvesters).

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Cage posted:

I'm not trying to be mean, but why? It's not fast, not really comfortable, no technology, will kill you in a crash, and gets horrible mileage. Is this just one of the memes this forum goes through were awful cars are so bad people lust over them (see: dumb combines harvesters).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If you have a ~120-foot cliff, anything can go 60mph.

Once.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
If I had a lambo and a hot wife I wouldn't really care about some rando on a forum.

We always cool because of mta goons but elbowing should be expected.

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
Here is my most recent questionable decision.

It's a 2004 that has 67k miles on it. The color is tektite gray, despite looking black in almost every picture. It was owned by Palo Alto old people its entire life.

I am going to do some upgrades to the cooling system since I live on Venus (CA central valley) but other than that it will remain stock.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Nija posted:

Here is my most recent questionable decision.

It's a 2004 that has 67k miles on it. The color is tektite gray, despite looking black in almost every picture. It was owned by Palo Alto old people its entire life.

I am going to do some upgrades to the cooling system since I live on Venus (CA central valley) but other than that it will remain stock.

Definitely need a PLM intercooler and Bosch pump upgrade. I miss my E55.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

kastein posted:

you all loving suck on both sides of this argument and should stop making GBS threads on each others rides.

0-60 in NEVER

hardparking and hood pop haters: sorry not sorry

If you win the lottery you are legally required to make this happen. Mostly because I want to see a video of a DHL truck lapping the USS Lincoln.

I see you went with the platinum series prostate stimulating seat. Impressive.
I didn't have my glasses on when first glancing at the pic :downs:

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Too much poo poo and not enough burnouts. Stop being jerks.

opengl128 posted:

Picked it up today. It makes an amazing noise. My first V8. I love torque.

Sweet car, I'd love a corvette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

poo poo like this is the reason I don't bother making a thread

kastein posted:

Raise you 16 hp single cylinder and 22 HP v twin ohv goodness.

gently caress I miss working on small engines. Been getting my parents 425 all past due service done and full fluid change. Mine just gets oil.