Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I got a WC FMV helmet prop. A gift from Lesnick for making sure he was comfortable and welcome in Austin. poo poo I still have his wife's desert plants she game me too.
I asked CR about his movie industry credentials at the GDC reveal. Somehow, that seems pertinent.
I was there all day and night at the 24 hour "end-of-funding" (hahaha) livestream. I provided the champagne, CR's milk for his espresso, and several other food runs to keep everyone going.
I'm in the picture of "The Pledge". You remember this thing?

I did the stage management at the first CitCon in Austin alongside Viewmaster.
I was on Wingman's Hangar. And I did a lot of production assistance whenever they needed it.
Dr. Hawk interviewed me long long long ago, ID'ed as one of THE INVESTORS. It was no big deal back then.
I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

I was, and still am to a certain extent, one of the spergiest Wing Commander spergs. I kinda consider myself Patient Zero to this whole Star Citizen thing.

And yet I feel something is wrong. Something wrong enough to warrant action.

I love the part where Klueless Karl, claims that you somehow violated an NDA. And NDA which, I might add, he's never - ever - laid eyes on. An NDA which, I'm sure covers matters related to investment dealings and not a suppression of Free Speech rights to say that something is messed up if you think that's the case.

In case you missed it, Klueless Karl is like that Goon mascot we can't seem to or want to get rid of. So we just put up with him. For LOLs. And stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

wow complete annihilation.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I got a WC FMV helmet prop. A gift from Lesnick for making sure he was comfortable and welcome in Austin. poo poo I still have his wife's desert plants she game me too.
I asked CR about his movie industry credentials at the GDC reveal. Somehow, that seems pertinent.
I was there all day and night at the 24 hour "end-of-funding" (hahaha) livestream. I provided the champagne, CR's milk for his espresso, and several other food runs to keep everyone going.

I was on Wingman's Hangar. And I did a lot of production assistance whenever they needed it.
Dr. Hawk interviewed me long long long ago, ID'ed as one of THE INVESTORS. It was no big deal back then.
I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

I was, and still am to a certain extent, one of the spergiest Wing Commander spergs. I kinda consider myself Patient Zero to this whole Star Citizen thing.

are you the old guy in the back or the young guy in the front

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

:gary:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

The Saddest Robot posted:

"Let me go ahead and give this blanket answer for everything that you hear about in 10 for the Chairman and ATV and everything. These are - they're intentions. There's the things we would like to do. There's the things that we sign our people to explore, to figure out - you know, go and see about making this happen. Then there's the challenge. Then there's - going through and figuring out how to make all this happen. Not everything's going to become a reality exactly the way we spoke about it; not everything's going to work with every other system; it's an exploration - that's what development is. So that's probably why I don't know anything about it because we haven't actually done any work on it yet."
Yes, that's exactly what defenders of a pathologically overpromising, under delivering, scope-creeping once successful repeatedly unsuccessful game developer have to say. They know (NOW) they have to start deflating the expectations bubble that Chris Roberts has, once again, overinflated.

If you think is standard operating procedure at well-run game dev studios, I encourage you to play more games than Freelancer, Fable, and Daikatana.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

holy gently caress ben got FAT

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Madcosby posted:

The craziest part about this mixing minigame is that so much of the full version of the game is required in place for it to serve any purpose

everything about their whole design process is like this. rabbit holes everywhere, i can't look up anything about this game without falling into a pit of insanity and bad decisions.

AdzAdama claims the inspiration for this photoshop came to him in a dream, a dream of inter-studio sata ball matches.

"what the gently caress is sata ball?" i asked myself.

WELLL SATA Ball is a :siren:fully functional, competitive team future-sport:siren: that was initially designed and voted on by fans in one of RSI's lore builder updates at the end of 2013.

:catstare:

ok, so then in may of this year, the developers at illfonic say "nope, we're gonna do ender's game actually" and then create an insanely cluttered, over-saturated "Astro Arena". there's no way you could fly around this thing and have any loving clue what's going on, just because of fake space ads. According to the update, these ads are animated and I guess there's also ad drones that fly around? :eyepop:

before/after

cut to three months later, and illfonic is in a pickle - nothing is useable or close to release. SATA ball is delayed indeterminately, to be released sometime after Star Marine. cut to later that month, and illfonic isn't even working for cig anymore, and foundry 42 germany has to start the FPS module over almost entirely from scratch. star marine is coming out... never, so sata ball is definitely coming out... after never.

but the fans, diligent and faithful as ever, retcon the lore to fit in the new style of SATA Ball, a sport that doesn't and will never exist.

this game is a dumb joke

quote:

"So that's probably why I don't know anything about it because we haven't actually done any work on it yet." -star citizen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like how obviously ballin bootcha is

he drops enough money to go to a end of funding party and just brings champagne and food

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

D_Smart posted:

In case you missed it, Klueless Karl is like that Goon mascot we can't seem to or want to get rid of. So we just put up with him. For LOLs. And stuff.

:gary: :irony: :yarg:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

So glad you posted that. I was going to go back and paste that pic in earlier but figured if you were dealing with CIG bullcrap and they were watching your actions here it might cause problems.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

doctor iono posted:

everything about their whole design process is like this. rabbit holes everywhere, i can't look up anything about this game without falling into a pit of insanity and bad decisions.

AdzAdama claims the inspiration for this photoshop came to him in a dream, a dream of inter-studio sata ball matches.

"what the gently caress is sata ball?" i asked myself.

WELLL SATA Ball is a :siren:fully functional, competitive team future-sport:siren: that was initially designed and voted on by fans in one of RSI's lore builder updates at the end of 2013.

:catstare:

ok, so then in may of this year, the developers at illfonic say "nope, we're gonna do ender's game actually" and then create an insanely cluttered, over-saturated "Astro Arena". there's no way you could fly around this thing and have any loving clue what's going on, just because of fake space ads. According to the update, these ads are animated and I guess there's also ad drones that fly around? :eyepop:

before/after

cut to three months later, and illfonic is in a pickle - nothing is useable or close to release. SATA ball is delayed indeterminately, to be released sometime after Star Marine. cut to later that month, and illfonic isn't even working for cig anymore, and foundry 42 germany has to start the FPS module over almost entirely from scratch. star marine is coming out... never, so sata ball is definitely coming out... after never.

but the fans, diligent and faithful as ever, retcon the lore to fit in the new style of SATA Ball, a sport that doesn't and will never exist.

this game is a dumb joke

so what are the rules for autist football?

i assume you have a ball or something

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

When we talk about Bootcha as an investor does that mean that he put in more than the $15,000 admiral packages or w/e?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Get used to this feeling Karl.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If you look closely at the outfits you can see 2 balls.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No, you have JPEGs.

Decrepus posted:

When we talk about Bootcha as an investor does that mean that he put in more than the $15,000 admiral packages or w/e?

That means he is a real VC investor for CIG. And if I recall correctly more than $ 15k.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Sorry, but without any proof I would rather believe in Santa Claus than bootcha being an investor. And following AP's links and searching this forum he already would be in serious troubles if he really is. It is one thing to pretend being an investor of some sort but being an investor and supporting allegations regarding federal crimes is really really stupid.

And if he is an investor and really signed a contract without rights to see their books, he is an idiot.

Don't worry I think posterity will judge you the winner of this argument

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

nobody knows, and if foundry 42 germany has any sense they haven't spent a single minute working on it

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Decrepus posted:

Depending on what he signed, I can tell you, flat out, that he probably can't divulge that information as it would be a legally actionable material breach of his investment agreement.

Normally, if I invest in a company (e.g. Microsoft), I can say that I have $500K invested in it. There is nothing illegal about it and that disclosure is up to the person owning the shares. But seeing as this is RSI/CIG we're talking about, and it being a private investment vehicle, he may be prohibited from even saying what his investment stake is.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

are you one of the dudes caressing mush mouth in the picture? oh and do you still worship the ground mush mouth walks on? im just curious bro.

edit: also :vince: and i hope you took this as a lesson to never include emotion (nostalgia) in business/investment decisions

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 2, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beexoffel posted:

I hope repeating the message will wake up some more people.
It's been eleven months since I first read it:
http://www.tentonhammer.com/editorial/stop-funding-star-citizen
Derek Smart has been patient for a long time before he started writing about this.

Yeah, quite a few [brave] media outlets were sounding the alarm long before my July post.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but yeah, he probably invested more than $15k because otherwise they wouldn't treat him any differently than any other person backing it

obviously it was enough to make a dent in their money issues at the time for them to allow him to be an investor

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Don't worry I think posterity will judge you the winner of this argument

You got some of the words in the wrong order, but yeah.
The winner of the argument has judged him a posterior.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Cheers :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

i like how obviously ballin bootcha is

he drops enough money to go to a end of funding party and just brings champagne and food

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn son

i hope you bought Karl dinner first

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Romes128 posted:

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn son

i hope you bought Karl dinner first

i Believe that was more of a "slide in with a grin" than a wooing dinner experience.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

SneakyFrog posted:

i Believe that was more of a "slide in with a grin" than a wooing dinner experience.

or just throw a takeout menu in his face afterwards

its more of a courtesy if anything

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

People in Austin are being laid off, precisely as predicted by Derek Smart in September. I don't think CIG have made the Austin office close/move public yet, but Derek has already mentioned the new much smaller office location I believe.

Good luck to everyone affected if you're reading.

No. They haven't made the move public yet. All Croberts has done thus far is say that they are downsizing. As soon as they start moving (apparently the lease is already signed over at The Arboretum; so they can't go somewhere else to thwart me), my guess is they will spin it all again.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Unfunny Poster posted:

Harebrained Schemes are great.

Things like that (which they also did with Shadowrun: Hong Kong) are why I continue to back their projects, even if they're for properties I'm not super nostalgic for.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
whatever happened to the fig startup poo poo? i want to laugh at that also

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Agrajag posted:

whatever happened to the fig startup poo poo? i want to laugh at that also

fig the 'anti-kickstarter' kickstarter platform? It looks like it's actually doing okay. They just raised money to crowdfund some space game, so there's that.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

Bootcha is the avalanche from the unexpected quarter; the thunderbolt from the clear sky.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

Way to go, dingus, you just doxxed yourself :rolleyes:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
back to the space bus mixing game. Lets not forget that thing cost like $700. I mean come the gently caress on. CIG I know you're looking at this. Croberts is a loving has been retard with no creativity. Sorry about your loss.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

:gary: :perfect: :gary:

Karl, you need to ask yourself a question and you need to think long and deep in that tiny brain of yours. What gaming project needed a fan to snitch on somebody on a completely separate forum, whose only crime was badmouthing the product, to someone important who makes seven figures and actually have that person loving listen to them? If you'd answer none, you'd be correct you gibbering idiot. They only care because it is hurting their bottom line, it is making people get refunds and charge-backs and hurting their ship sales. Not to mention the fact that your lord and savior Chris Roberts was caught in yet another lie after a massive string of them. Maybe buying another jpeg will ease the burn.

G0RF posted:

If you're being ironic, ignore the following correction.

No, that's how "game development" works when you work for Molyneux. Roberts, or other 'visionaries' with pathological inclinations towards scope runaway and over-promising. And it's a formula for generating maximum short-term hype and the expense of long-term credibility, and their legacies are built on one success in the distant past, followed by a string of failures.

Well run gaming studios don't have histories of talking up all the feature-sets before they've even locked basic mechanics of play. Well run studios don't talk about their games before they've moved past internal alpha stage development and are well-into beta. Some don't even talk about them until they're in QA stage doing the bugsmashing on a game they've not yet announced and have previously refused to confirm is in development. Like these guys.

And crowdfunding is no excuse. Harebrained demonstrated exactly the kind of discipline and restraint that Chris has always lacked in their latest Battletech kickstarter. No stretch goals, promises NOT to expand scope beyond what they were pitching. Their project was in fact a passive-aggressive rebuke of Chris Roberts, and the digs made at Star Citizen are hardly subtle, because Harebrained knows the damage that folks like Chris Roberts and Peter Molyneux cause for the reputation of the industry at large.

Pretty much. Everyone is tired of Molyneux's poo poo. I used to think of him as like a giddy five year old, but it turns out he's just a loving idiot who can't limit himself. After this goes down, I don't think CRoberts would be able to work in the industry again. At least he won't be able to attract the level of talent he has. Because once it fails, everyone will know how hosed he is for a boss and a project lead and only the most desperate or deluded to work for him. Hell, I bet the rumors are rampant even now. Nobody is going to want to work for a guy that is awful and destroyed a 90 million dollar project all by himself. Though I would bet loving money after this poo poo burns up (and if nobody goes to jail or gets sued into oblivion), there will still be die-hards eager to fellate CRoberts and pledge to another Kickstarter, even if they'd be the only retards to do so.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

What's with the green and red X's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

notoriousman posted:

Way to go, dingus, you just doxxed yourself :rolleyes:

:gary: It's called dead agenting.

• Locked thread