Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

KiddieGrinder posted:

What's with the green and red X's?

Kisses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Swedish mob hits?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eaten by :lesnick:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Welp, my refund is "actioned" today, after a month of waiting and followups, so hopefully I'll see my money back in 5-10 business days. :woop:

:gary:

I actually hope something gets released at some point, but I doubt it.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Agrajag posted:

whatever happened to the fig startup poo poo? i want to laugh at that also

Fig hasn't had long enough to generate any laughs yet, especially since their first few projects were super safe. But the SEC just put the new rules into place for crowdfunding-as-real-investment on Friday. The main sticker is that companies have a $1 million per year limit on how much they can take in from unaccredited investors.

The main thing with them is, their structure for where the investment actually "goes" has no real backing. You're not investing in the company making the game, you're investing in a separate corporation set up to handle that single game. It's like they're making a new one-off publisher for each game. It's unclear what liability the actual game maker has if things go tits up, the guys who set it up clearly wanted to have as little as possible. Also everything like IP rights and future sequels stay completely in the hands of the developers. So even if you "invest" in what becomes the next major super-popular franchise, you only get profits from game #1.

(The guys who set it up are mostly game developers so go figure.)

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

KiddieGrinder posted:

shaven / unshaven

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.
This thread has inspired me. These are the first two hits I found searching Google for 'paarrrrp':

https://www.facebook.com/peterchristianoutfitters/posts/832047166820193

Which contained this gem:

And the 2nd:

http://www.roblox.com/games/51450683/paarrrrps-Place

PU 1.0 is looking OK. Not sure what kind of JPEG that is parked in the hangar.
This thread can do no wrong.:gary:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

KiddieGrinder posted:

It's christmassy

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

What the hell is a "bulb fasclas" :confuoot:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Antoine Silvere posted:

are you the old guy in the back or the young guy in the front

I hope he's not the old guy in the back as that's David Swofford who does PR & Crisis Management and works for CIG

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

He is clearly the young guy who makese 7 figures and remembers an old videogame fondly.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

KiddieGrinder posted:

gonna guess the red X's are the investors bootcha mentioned that were "bought out" (his words) around the $25 mil mark

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
In a surprise twist Bootcha is actually Lesnick!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

Karl really is the best: full of courage and immunity and 20 years of experience regarding internet, blogs and forums.

He's got a nice whiskey collection too.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

How do add "Derek Smarties" to someones title? Asking for a friend.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Snazzy Frocks posted:

In a surprise twist Bootcha is actually Lesnick!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

50 Free Toots!

e: That .co.uk looks fishy. I don't think I can trust that domain.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 2, 2015

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Bootcha did you get your money back yet or are you still making cat videos making fun of backers in for a fraction of what you invested?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I got a WC FMV helmet prop. A gift from Lesnick for making sure he was comfortable and welcome in Austin. poo poo I still have his wife's desert plants she game me too.
I asked CR about his movie industry credentials at the GDC reveal. Somehow, that seems pertinent.
I was there all day and night at the 24 hour "end-of-funding" (hahaha) livestream. I provided the champagne, CR's milk for his espresso, and several other food runs to keep everyone going.
I'm in the picture of "The Pledge". You remember this thing?

I did the stage management at the first CitCon in Austin alongside Viewmaster.
I was on Wingman's Hangar. And I did a lot of production assistance whenever they needed it.
Dr. Hawk interviewed me long long long ago, ID'ed as one of THE INVESTORS. It was no big deal back then.
I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

I was, and still am to a certain extent, one of the spergiest Wing Commander spergs. I kinda consider myself Patient Zero to this whole Star Citizen thing.

And yet I feel something is wrong. Something wrong enough to warrant action.

Ahahahahahahaha

Oh Karl. Karl you poor poor baby.

Come on, it's that time. Time for you to get a refund. Clear your head, get some distance from this thing and just think about things for a bit. It'll feel really good not to have the spectre of the game's failure hanging over you. You can still buy the game if it's a big hit, but you can also avoid having to feel so very wedded to it's future.

You have been so well and truly owned, just let go.

Get a refund.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
goons ruin everything

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

KiddieGrinder posted:

Green X's were non-CIG people. One was a 10k backer from Florida.

Red X's are former CIG people.

Also, for fun, the gf and I made halloween cupcakes.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
Can I have the recipe?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Im_drunk posted:

Can I have the recipe?

2 cups disappointment
1/2 cup dead promises

stir and bake until you hate yourself

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Im_drunk posted:

Can I have the recipe?

Cake, green stuff, bones

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Asema posted:

2 cups disappointment
1/2 cup dead promises

Garnish with 90 million dollars

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im_drunk posted:

Can I have the recipe?

Im afraid you wont be able to afford it. Regardless it requires to be half baked and whats left tastes like poo poo

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Asema posted:

2 cups disappointment
1/2 cup dead promises

Add several hundred thousand dollars that you will never get back them are some expensive cupcakes.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Listened to the Hawk interview and watched the Wingmans with Bootcha on it. So low key about everything and such a generous supporter of the early CIG crew.

CIG doesn't deserve to have classy investors, Bootcha. But it does buoy the soul to know you've got the legal right to cause trouble- and that Chris and Sandi just can't fire, ban, or ignore you. I guess once you're out we can root for its failure without reservation.

I nominate you to make the "Citizen Con" documentary the world desperately needs right now. Crowdfund it and I'm down for a donation. You throw Beer, Wingman, James, the Days, and the rest of the inside witnesses in (with Derek serving as the colorful outside provocateur), and you are only a couple of years away from taking the Audience Prize at Sundance.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Check your PM

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
A bit back someone dumped a load of linkedin profiles in the thread. In California one of CIG staff is listed as "Executive Assistant to the Co-Founder/Vice Chairman/General Counsel at Cloud Imperium Games" on linkedin, google the persons name you get a imdb page with a movie made this year (doesn't seem to be CIG related) and a twitter account where they are self described as an "INTERNATIONAL PRO MAKEUP ARTIST based in LOS ANGELES, CA".

I dunno anymore, it used to take some effort on my part to make fun of Star Citizen, it's so easy now you just fall over the stuff. Even the craziest fans are registering here and going above and beyond to get noticed.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Would be nice to be rid of this Serious Sam's Club I got for being in the Duke's Bros. :(
As far as I know an addition to a title is by the graces of the mods.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

skit herre posted:

Done.

How does one get a smarties gang tag btw. ?

You might want to edit out your quote as a courtesy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you want a gangtag you buy an avatar and then post http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/b5/13/00216357.0001.gif

in image tags in the title part of your avatar

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Bootcha posted:

Hahahahaha.

Hey Karl. Let me vette.

I got a WC FMV helmet prop. A gift from Lesnick for making sure he was comfortable and welcome in Austin. poo poo I still have his wife's desert plants she game me too.
I asked CR about his movie industry credentials at the GDC reveal. Somehow, that seems pertinent.
I was there all day and night at the 24 hour "end-of-funding" (hahaha) livestream. I provided the champagne, CR's milk for his espresso, and several other food runs to keep everyone going.
I'm in the picture of "The Pledge". You remember this thing?

I did the stage management at the first CitCon in Austin alongside Viewmaster.
I was on Wingman's Hangar. And I did a lot of production assistance whenever they needed it.
Dr. Hawk interviewed me long long long ago, ID'ed as one of THE INVESTORS. It was no big deal back then.
I AM THE ONE WHO LAMPS.

I was, and still am to a certain extent, one of the spergiest Wing Commander spergs. I kinda consider myself Patient Zero to this whole Star Citizen thing.

And yet I feel something is wrong. Something wrong enough to warrant action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfHCaQ0_a4g

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Eonwe posted:

if you want a gangtag you buy an avatar and then post http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/b5/13/00216357.0001.gif

in image tags in the title part of your avatar

Thanks.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

AP posted:

A bit back someone dumped a load of linkedin profiles in the thread. In California one of CIG staff is listed as "Executive Assistant to the Co-Founder/Vice Chairman/General Counsel at Cloud Imperium Games" on linkedin, google the persons name you get a imdb page with a movie made this year (doesn't seem to be CIG related) and a twitter account where they are self described as an "INTERNATIONAL PRO MAKEUP ARTIST based in LOS ANGELES, CA".

I dunno anymore, it used to take some effort on my part to make fun of Star Citizen, it's so easy now you just fall over the stuff. Even the craziest fans are registering here and going above and beyond to get noticed.

Hahaha

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joyce-camille-platon/ab/216/165?trk=pub-pbmap
https://twitter.com/joyceplatonmua

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Since we're in the process of burning Klueless Karl, my turn.

Remember when he said some nonsense about my "non existent" legal action as per what I posted here and later moved to my blog?

Well, I went to our archives and randomly dug up some invoices (1, 2, 3)from the named legal firms in that last action. In fact, my calculations were off. When I
looked at our Quickbooks ledger, the amount for just that action across 4 law firms, a PI firm, a forensics imaging firm etc was $609, 738.86

There you have it.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

I hope he's not the old guy in the back as that's David Swofford who does PR & Crisis Management and works for CIG

Hahaha CIG has someone that does PR and Crisis Management??

drat fine job he's done!! drat fine!

:gary: PAAAARRRPP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
$415 an hour for that dude, holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

BMan posted:

What the hell is a "bulb fasclas" :confuoot:
It's fascia.

The squeezable bit on the end is called a bulb. Fascia is a flexible word, it can be used to mean the dashboard of a car, but in this case it's a really good pun on its use as a word for mobile phone covers.

• Locked thread