Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

SirPhoebos posted:

One thing that has been confusing me is a few of you complained that So-and-So nerfed or hosed over the Cutlass. I mean most if not all of us posting here are in agreement that SC isn't going to come out, so the relative value of a particular .jpeg spaceship is just as much an illusion as everything else.

I would :gary: if one of the vets can explain this gripe, and why it keeps being brought up in light of all the other issues that imo make it academic.

Beer4thebeergod will probably say more at length, but the Cutlass is/was the first concrete example of Ben being full of poo poo wrt anything he says on the forums, about ships, etc. It was sold as a super maneuverable pirate ship, then when it's flyable it's a fat pig that falls apart at the drop of a hat, and the variants that CIG sells are.. An ambulance and a cop car.

Womp wompppppp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd be ok with Ben dying from fat reasons if only to see his comically large coffin decked out like a spaceship.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gwaihir posted:

Beer4thebeergod will probably say more at length, but the Cutlass is/was the first concrete example of Ben being full of poo poo wrt anything he says on the forums, about ships, etc. It was sold as a super maneuverable pirate ship, then when it's flyable it's a fat pig that falls apart at the drop of a hat, and the variants that CIG sells are.. An ambulance and a cop car.

Womp wompppppp

I'm gonna cruise around in my space ambulance waiting for a report of some ship combat and then fly a for a good while and see if anyone needs a health pack delivered when I get there I guess?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
im being super serious posting here now: how does ben poop, pee, and shower? i've asked before and i have yet to get an answer. like seriously his arms dont even have full range of motion.

does his wife use a pressure washer on him and vice versa? like lets think about his poops. the amount of food he takes in must be massive, now think about how much he must poop. how does a normal toilet not get clogged? also how does he even sit on a toilet?

CAN HE EVEN SEE HIS OWN PENIS?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 3, 2015

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Agrajag posted:

im being super serious posting here now: how does ben poop, pee, and shower? i've asked before and i have yet to get an answer. like seriously his arms dont even have full range of motion

https://www.quora.com/How-do-the-obese-groom-themselves-Wash-themselves-cut-their-toe-nails-wash-their-bodies-etc

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Agrajag posted:

im being super serious posting here now: how does ben poop, pee, and shower? i've asked before and i have yet to get an answer. like seriously his arms dont even have full range of motion

SC themed freedom wand. It makes pew pew noises while you wipe your rear end.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Agrajag posted:

im being super serious posting here now: how does ben poop, pee, and shower? i've asked before and i have yet to get an answer. like seriously his arms dont even have full range of motion.

does his wife use a pressure washer on him and vice versa? like lets think about his poops. the amount of food he takes in must be massive, now think about how much he must poop. how does a normal toilet not get clogged? also how does he even sit on a toilet?

I heard there's a segment in the next AtV dedicated to this, stay tuned.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Gwaihir posted:

Womp wompppppp

Sometimes I get sad that none of this will happen...

I wouldn't mind a rambulance

:gary: :roflolmao: :gizz:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Agrajag posted:

i eat the poo and drink the pee

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

One thing that has been confusing me is a few of you complained that So-and-So nerfed or hosed over the Cutlass. I mean most if not all of us posting here are in agreement that SC isn't going to come out, so the relative value of a particular .jpeg spaceship is just as much an illusion as everything else.

I would :gary: if one of the vets can explain this gripe, and why it keeps being brought up in light of all the other issues that imo make it academic.

back then in 2012 there was around there were only 5 ships being sold with package in the Kickstarter days one of those ship is the Cutlass that is supposed to be a pirate ship with unparalleled maneuverability and ostensibly have a cargo space in it.

months have passed and years from that maneuverable fighter ship with a bit of cargo it became a cargo ship with a bit of fighting. CIG or should I say Ben did not stop there in loving up the Cutlass, he introduced the two glorious variants which is the Red which was totally castrated of any fighting chance because it is supposed to be an ambulance ship wherein with the same logic their haulers are armed to the teeth. so we move on to the other variant which is Blue, this one is in every way better than the black. you want to ask why? because it is $50 more than the Black(original Cutlass) so they need to buffed it up and make it a police ship.

tl;dr

from fighting ship with a bit of cargo now it is a cargo ship with a bit of fighting

and CIG said this is the intention of the ship all the time.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

SirPhoebos posted:

One thing that has been confusing me is a few of you complained that So-and-So nerfed or hosed over the Cutlass.

The Cutlass issue is, at this point, one of the more concrete examples of vision failing to survive a ham fisted attempt at execution, the manner in which CIG responded to that failure and their dismissal of ensuing criticism. The tragedy is that it's a rather substantial parallel for Star Citizen as a whole, down to the core of sincerely decent people who still continue to put genuine effort into making an attempt to provide earnest feedback in the hopes of providing a means for things to turn out allright.

e, I mean. I could go on and on about the Cutlass. But that's the core. CIG sold something amazing, pushed something poo poo out the door to make a sale, disparaged the feedback to the obvious poop and spent the next year making GBS threads on the people who levied criticism.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 3, 2015

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

are those fake nails?

or her nails is just so fugly?

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Dusty Lens posted:

The Cutlass issue is, at this point, one of the more concrete examples of vision failing to survive a ham fisted attempt at execution, the manner in which CIG responded to that failure and their dismissal of ensuing criticism. The tragedy is that it's a rather substantial parallel for Star Citizen as a whole, down to the core of sincerely decent people who still continue to put genuine effort into making an attempt to provide earnest feedback in the hopes of providing a means for things to turn out allright.

yeah whatever.

more importantly though, this loving poo poo with the gary oldman mouth thing is gold.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
why are you obsessing over nails now

stop being creepy

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Tarranon posted:

why are you obsessing over nails now

stop being creepy

quit saying creepy

ur triggering me

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I am looking forward to this release because ever since they announced their "large world technology" dimensions, I have been theorizing that they solved the "CryEngine has fixed maximums for skyboxes" problem by using the MWO/PGI hack of shrinking everything down to stupid levels. This is why they can't get the targeting reticle to work, and why the physics are hella janky. In order to make a "very large map" on CryEngine, they had to make the people very small. So I suspect compared to default Cry, everyone is loving 1mm tall. This is why they are having so many issues with cameras clipping through people and so on, all those objects are like fuckin' 1mm tall.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
raggle fraggle

Only registered members can see post attachments!

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Maldoror posted:

quit saying creepy

ur triggering me

your cat is creepy. like halloween spooky porch light and candy corn creepy

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Don't forget when the Blue went from .jpeg to .obj there were some glaring... uhh... scale issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiuwQwqAN3A

imagine a police cruiser but they made perps sit in child seats on the way to jail

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Maldoror posted:

quit saying creepy

ur triggering me

woof

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maldoror posted:

raggle fraggle

Why does he even wear button up shirts? Does he go around and use the buttons as mini-bullets when they inevitably shoot off?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Chris Roberts, pay attention to this. Its better PR than what you ave been doing

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Codependent Poster posted:

Why does he even wear button up shirts? Does he go around and use the buttons as mini-bullets when they inevitably shoot off?

Needs Oldman's face peeking out.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

EminusSleepus posted:

Ben is the exact human represention of Star Citizen's scope

Star Citizen 2012 Scope

Star Citizen 2015 Scope

Agrajag posted:

he's eating their paycheques

Devs are not being fired or leaving for better jobs. He is eating them.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

final episode: MEAT the cig devs with your host Ben Lesnick

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

final episode: MEAT the cig devs with your host Ben Lesnick

You misplaced the colon~

MEAT: The CIG devs.
With your host, Ben "The Hutt," Lesnick.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Romes128 posted:

look at how short his arms are compared to the rest of his body

now imagine him trying to wipe his butt

now imagine the smell radiating off that moon sized human being that cant wipe his butt and probably sweats when he expends too much energy lifting a 128oz mountain dew off his desk

Forget wiping his butt, I don't see how he could even be capable of touching his own dick. How does he even go to the bathroom? Is there a toilet seat anywhere large enough that both his joint and his anus could be in the required locations? How much of backer money has been spent on these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UE9SAA?ref_=cm_aya_orig_subj

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Codependent Poster posted:

that would explain the lay offs, hidden assassin~

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Agrajag posted:

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.
It sucks he's probably stressed, working hard and not looking after himself.

Look after yourself Ben!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Green X's were non-CIG people. One was a 10k backer from Florida.

Red X's are former CIG people.

Also, for fun, the gf and I made halloween cupcakes.

Im_drunk posted:

Can I have the recipe?

This is Bootcha's girlfriend. Here is the recipe for the cupcakes we made on Halloween.

RED WALDORF CUPCAKES

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 ounces red food coloring (1/4 cup)
2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour OR 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 recipe CREAM CHEESE ICING (below)

1.) Preheat oven to 350 F. Let butter, eggs, and buttermilk rise to room temperature. Place 2 dozen paper baking cups in cupcake trays. Meanwhile, mix cocoa powder and food coloring together; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt together; set aside.
2.) Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed roughly 30 seconds. Gradually blend in sugar and vanilla; beat till light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating on medium speed after each addition till just combined. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low to medium speed after each addition till combined. Stir together baking soda and vinegar; add to batter and combine.
3.) Pour batter into cupcake cups. Bake about 20 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on racks and decorate.

CREAM CHEESE ICING

1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 3/4 to 6 1/4 cups powdered sugar
green food coloring to taste

1.) Let cream cheese and butter rise to room temperature.
2.) Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with electric mixer till light and fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Gradually beat in additional powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency. (Note: I have no idea how much powdered sugar I added; I just added enough until Bootcha and I agreed that it tasted sweet enough without being overkill.) Add green food coloring till icing reaches desired shade of green. (Again, I have no idea how much I actually added. It turned out to be much more than I would have expected. It was nearly the whole bottle.)
3.) Spread icing over cupcakes and serve.

We also, of course, added edible Halloween tombstones and bones. I bought a decorating kit at Michaels that included tombstones, bones, and a black edible marker. I wrote RIP something or other on all the tombstones, we stuck them on the cupcakes, and then sprinkled the bones over the tops.

Enjoy, everyone.

Oh, and one more thing. Karl? gently caress right the hell off.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 3, 2015

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

this is the proper way to do crowdfunding

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuzzknot posted:

This is Bootcha's girlfriend. Here is the recipe for the cupcakes we made on Halloween.

Oh, and one more thing. Karl? gently caress right the hell off.

Thank you for the recipe and inside tricks of the trade regarding edible pens

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

thatguy posted:

I've never seen one of these methods work reliably. It makes perfect sense some dude on reddit who has no idea what he's linking would link it.
You can clearly tell that image has been edited by the way it has jpeg compression artifacts everywhere except on the solid white background.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Cream cheese frosting is very good. Imagine eating cream cheese frosting off of Ben Lesnick though. Probably less good.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Octopode posted:

You realize at the point that Star Citizen began development, CryEngine and UE3 were the only games in town as far as licensable, high-end engines, right?

If you completely ignore Source engine and Unity, then yes. But that's besides the point.

quote:

And that developing an engine from scratch is orders of magnitude more difficult than adapting even a badly-suited engine to your needs, right?

Not in this case. If what they were trying to do accomplish isn't with in the practical limits of the game engine then the opposite is true. By your logic I could blindly point to anything on this list and say "well its easier than starting from scratch". If the software library you're committed to using isn't suited your goals then youre going to have problems every step of the way.

quote:

And that, given the choice between having to adapt two equally unsuited engines to the task, it makes much more sense to actually go with the one with a developer that's willing to commit significant engineering expertise to helping you do so, right?

You'd think so but again, even with the significant engineering expertise the entire thing is a loving poo poo show where the engine is so bent out of shape literally nothing works correctly anymore. And a game like E:D has made much more progress using an in-house engine in much less time, and has well definied path for future growth.

My point (and one that many other people have already made, including derek) is that maybe at some point early on CryEngine was right for the task. When this was a single player mission based space flight sim. Roberts kept moving the goal posts to keep the money coming in without ever really thinking about what was techinically possible, or even fun from a gameplay perspective (a drink mixing mini game... really?).

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 3, 2015

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.
10 for the Waiters. Precognition?

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

EminusSleepus posted:

this is the proper way to do crowdfunding

:iceburn:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Amun Khonsu posted:

Devs are not being fired or leaving for better jobs. He is eating them.

Okay, what the gently caress did this dude do to himself. No one in that offices notices the very clear health issue here? Jesus Christ man, lay off the goddamn donuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Caption this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread