Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Good shot kid that was one in a million of a limited edition run of Jpegs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
*orders a scotch, gets a hairy roberts*

i never asked for this

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Jegan Ace posted:

Is hating on Fallout 4 in vogue now?

Hard to keep up with the new cynical goon crowd these days.

I'm not up to date with the latest but then I'm skeptical about pre-orders these days. Why pay full price for a game I won't get around to playing for 6 months only to see it on sale when I start playing?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
there is a timer in my office i reset every week. if i miss a week, it triggers an alert to my phone and gives me twelve hours to reset, otherwise it initiates the next step

The next step you ask? Heh. My full backlog of concept ship jpgs released into the wild all at once, and at insane prices. the world will go mad and you'll have no one to blame but yourself

face it: you can't stop me. you can't stop...this

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
bethesda ruined fallout

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nicholas posted:

bethesda ruined fallout

nah that was Interplay

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Devian666 posted:

I'm not up to date with the latest but then I'm skeptical about pre-orders these days. Why pay full price for a game I won't get around to playing for 6 months only to see it on sale when I start playing?

With Star Citizen the second part isn't ever an issue due to the way it's uniquely being made

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That's one small step for man, one giant jpeg ponzi scheme for mankind

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Jegan Ace posted:

Is hating on Fallout 4 in vogue now?

Hard to keep up with the new cynical goon crowd these days.

I was a fan of three and a gigantic fan of morrowind but honestly bethesda is a joke these days

and all the footage they've been tearing down of their game that was leaked online isn't doing them any favors

It's been decades and they have more skyrim money than they know what to do with and they still can't animate or model for poo poo.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
IF THERE WERE NO GOD, IT WOULD BE NECESSARY TO CROWDFUND HIM

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

With Star Citizen the second part isn't ever an issue due to the way it's uniquely not being made

Fixed that for you. :gary:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Devian666 posted:

Fixed that for you. :gary:

Et Tu Bootay

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That's him in the wheelchair

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
that part at the end of the usual suspects except he realizes he's been speaking to jpegs the entire time

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tarranon posted:

that part at the end of the usual suspects except he realizes he's been speaking to jpegs the entire time

Reminds me of the end of Titanic where that loving huge Jpeg sinks, I cry everytime

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the Jpegs go on

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

I am a fool! Actually, I'm Korean and disastrously good at Starcraft, a game about spaceships.

And I realized Blizz put the new Warcraft trailer behind a the Ticket's paywall. That has to be Activillians business decision.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Reminds me of the end of Titanic where that loving huge Jpeg sinks, I cry everytime

I cry male tears over it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I say we take off and burn the jpegs from low orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Give me your wallets and dignity. I'll be back. With some Jpegs

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

peter gabriel posted:

They're waiting for you Gordon, in the test chamber that we made a jpeg of and sell for hundreds of dollars

What other good game quotes could be Star Citizened?

The JPeGS were a lie
Would you kindly pledge your support?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

[development team meeting]
CR: allright guys, you seen memento? thats how we run this poo poo. i send a picture and you unscrabble my memory from what i write on there.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am here to kick rear end and buy Jpegs and I am all out of Jpegs because it was a limited run of them somehow

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Peter Gabriel: Requesting a video tour of Alpha 2.0 if/when it gets shat out.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Heeeeeeere's JPEGS!!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Peter Gabriel: Requesting a video tour of Alpha 2.0 if/when it gets shat out.

I have full confidence in Ben and the diminishing team that it will be released on time and I will commence an official Lets Pray as soon as that happens

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

pftc posted:

Caption this

looks like a mini convertible

which is actually quite a reasonably priced car

would've expected a BMW or porsche

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

lol

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Hezzy posted:

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Devian666 posted:

I've been cashing in on the laffchain for quite some time. Ever since Bruce Wagner "Mortgage Broker" streaming tv show. A mortgage broker that the judge pointed out had never gotten anyone a mortgage.

That's small time. You've haven't lived unless you experienced the Bruce Wagner Bitcoin show at Meze Grill.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
10 Places You Can (Pretend To) Visit in Star Citizen!

It's so sad that people are actually excited about being able to look at pics of pretend planets. They can't do ANYTHING beyond look them and read about them -- yet they're delighted. They are so starved they're in absolute rapture over being served up dried dog food.

I know we talk about the Stockholm Syndrome -- it's been going on so long -- but still, its just staggering to see it sometimes.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 20, 2016

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

Im mad jelly that Dsmart has achieved my dream of being an independently wealthy middle aged curmudgeon who spends his days pursuing vendettas on the internet.
My only goal in life presently.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

It's so sad that people are actually excited about being able to look at pics of pretend planets. They can't do ANYTHING beyond look them and read about them -- yet they're delighted. They are so starved they're in absolute rapture over being served up dried dog food.

I know we talk about the Spergville Stockholm Syndrome -- it's been going on so long -- but still, its just staggering to see it sometimes.

This is amazing.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Hezzy posted:

That's not what's she's driving now-- that's from a local print news puff piece from several years ago, if memory serves...

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Furious Mittens posted:

That's small time. You've haven't lived unless you experienced the Bruce Wagner Bitcoin show at Meze Grill.

Meze Grill selling burritos for bitcoins but they didn't sell burritos. No wonder their business failed.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xs0XOFPi2Y Hey, check this band out.

Why?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290300

Because they're Rebel Galaxy's buttrock.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

G0RF posted:

I know we talk about the Spergville Stockholm Syndrome -- it's been going on so long -- but still, its just staggering to see it sometimes.

I can´t wait until we can actually explore all this.

lmao

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

I found it hilarious that they made the entire map (functions and all) live on the website, and not in the game. When I first heard about it I thought they managed to implement it in Cryengine. Only to realize that its some ultra funky website app.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Warcabbit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xs0XOFPi2Y Hey, check this band out.

Why?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290300

Because they're Rebel Galaxy's buttrock.

Dammit. I was just coming to say that.

For as hyped up as Rebel Galaxy has been in this thread, this band is an amazing additional find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hezzy posted:

Its a BMW Z8, a $90,000 failure

• Locked thread