Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

no_recall posted:

I found it hilarious that they made the entire map (functions and all) live on the website, and not in the game. When I first heard about it I thought they managed to implement it in Cryengine. Only to realize that its some ultra funky website app.

I'm really hoping this is just some quick poo poo they hobbled together for Citizencon, because if they spent big time on that :wtchris:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Warcabbit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xs0XOFPi2Y Hey, check this band out.

Why?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290300

Because they're Rebel Galaxy's buttrock.

How did they finish this game? It's not possible.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

What other good game quotes could be Star Citizened?

Crowdfunding has changed. It's no longer about nostalgia, new ideas or fun games. It's an endless series of stretch goals, promised by liars and the naive. Crowdfunding, and its consumption of money, has become a well-oiled machine. Crowdfunding has changed. ID tagged backers carry ID tagged jpegs, use ID tagged coffee mugs. Autisms inside their bodies enhance and deregulate their reddit posting. Information control. Emotion control. Downvote control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Crowdfunding has changed. The age of PC gaming has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from publishers of mass destruction. And he who controls the archiving, controls history. Crowdfunding has changed. When the subreddit is under total control, denial... becomes routine.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Meaning she's predicting star citizen's 1000 times worse?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Hezzy posted:

looks like a mini convertible

which is actually quite a reasonably priced car

would've expected a BMW or porsche

that's not a mini; the seats in the mini are different. It looks more similar to the audi tt, but even then, i don't think it's that.

EDIT: yeah, its the z8

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 3, 2015

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

2DCAT posted:

that's not a mini; the seats in the mini are different. It looks more similar to the audi tt, but even then, i don't think it's that.

EDIT: yeah, its the z8

i was going off of the windowscreen and the door handles, the new minis look quite similar. poster above said it was a bmw z8 which looks more like it!

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

peter gabriel posted:

I am now a personal trainer full time so if anyone needs any tips just ask

I've sucked the penis of a disgusting old man with some executive producer credits but i'm still not a hollywood star. What gives?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 20, 2016

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Jegan Ace posted:

Any updates on the lawsuits, by the way?

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-tos-v1-1-expiration/#post-1479

ps: for some reason the jump-to-comment link seems to be broken. So just scroll down and you will see that comment ID

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

Im mad jelly that Dsmart has achieved my dream of being an independently wealthy middle aged curmudgeon who spends his days pursuing vendettas on the internet.

LOL!! It took a few decades to get this far, mate :)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

hello derek what is your favorite type of sandwich

Sharwarma

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

holy poo poo its a motherfucking BMW Alpina... reasonably priced, hahahaahahaahahaha.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

G0RF posted:

10 Places You Can (Pretend To) Visit in Star Citizen!

It's so sad that people are actually excited about being able to look at pics of pretend planets. They can't do ANYTHING beyond look them and read about them -- yet they're delighted. They are so starved they're in absolute rapture over being served up dried dog food.

I know we talk about the Spergville Stockholm Syndrome -- it's been going on so long -- but still, its just staggering to see it sometimes.

I noticed that the star in the Castra system was apparently ejecting matter at super-luminal speeds.

e: actually they all are.

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! It took a few decades to get this far, mate :)

I've got a couple of decades left to make it happen so please continue being an inspiration in this thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Sharwarma

D smart is right

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I noticed that the star in the Castra system was apparently ejecting matter at super-luminal speeds.

e: actually they all are.

wow nice catch

until now, this game has been a flawless masterpiece. but super liminal motion? lol, burn the game into the ground

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
Shawarma is drat fine but banh mi is objectively the best of all possible sandwiches

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

D_Smart posted:

Not really. Sandi didn't discover a diploma. She discovered a letter supposedly from a Dean.

I actually got my letter of rec from the dean of a med school (worked with him in undergrad research). I have it framed on my wall, because getting a letter of rec from the dean of a top ten college is a fantastic achievement (not one to bury away under garbage); also, it's one of the reasons I'm in my PhD program. Of course, the main reason is that you are my dad, Derek Smart. :allears:

Malleovic
Sep 8, 2007

OMGGG you could've tripped and DIED

Shawarma is drat fine but banh mi is objectively the best of all possible sandwiches

This

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like some really good sandwich recipes please? tia

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

just how sandi prefers it, keeping black on black

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Ravane posted:

I have it framed on my wall, because getting a letter of rec from the dean of a top ten college is a fantastic achievement (not one to bury away under garbage); also, it's one of the reasons I'm in my PhD program.

UniSA is hardly a top ten college, take it from someone who went there. Maybe if it was the University of Adelaide, sure, it's at least one of the Group of 8 over here but UniSA is basically a dressed up technical college with more funding.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

peter gabriel posted:

Thank you for the recipe and inside tricks of the trade regarding edible pens

I knew I should have clarified. It's a marker with food coloring in it rather than ink.

SquirrelGrip posted:

love you three, invest in my future thx

No.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Banh Mi a much better example of the flavor and texture symphony all best sandwiches strive for

but even then..consider the humble Reuben or the Jewish deli in general...powerful recipes lie within

the ultimate sandwich though..I think it's whichever one a skilled butcher is most enthusiastic about prepping that day :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gwaihir posted:

Beer4thebeergod will probably say more at length, but the Cutlass is/was the first concrete example of Ben being full of poo poo wrt anything he says on the forums, about ships, etc. It was sold as a super maneuverable pirate ship, then when it's flyable it's a fat pig that falls apart at the drop of a hat, and the variants that CIG sells are.. An ambulance and a cop car.

Womp wompppppp

Pretty much. The Cutlass is basically a microcosm for SC. A cool, inspiring concept that is then watered down for new sales (thanks Ben) and is ultimately underwhelming when played. In response to complaints backers have been strung along, repeatedly lied to, encouraged to spend more money to get the gameplay they want, ignored, and then ultimately hosed over as a result of CIG's mismanagement and incompetence.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

says its from 2004

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Agrajag posted:

holy poo poo its a motherfucking BMW Alpina... reasonably priced, hahahaahahaahahaha.

Ahem that is obviously not an Alpina model as it lacks their trademark 20 thin spoke wheels
:goonsay:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Kakarot posted:

says its from 2004

in that case there is no way in hell she is still driving that piece of crap beater

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

CrazyTolradi posted:

UniSA is hardly a top ten college, take it from someone who went there. Maybe if it was the University of Adelaide, sure, it's at least one of the Group of 8 over here but UniSA is basically a dressed up technical college with more funding.

But I got my degree in shitposting signed by LowTax himself! I'm certified, by the best!

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

A Stupid Baby posted:

Someone explain what the "parp" sound is. This is vital. I know it's gary oldman but where specifically does the "parp" noise come from

edit: :gary: parp
It's British slang/onomatopoeia for a fart.
:gary::btroll:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gwaihir posted:

Ahem that is obviously not an Alpina model as it lacks their trademark 20 thin spoke wheels
:goonsay:

well that is the base model you need to pay $150 more to get that 20 think spoke wheels variant

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Kakarot posted:

says its from 2004

Considering she was claiming to be a film producer back then, I'm guessing outright lying about her career isn't something new to Sandi. Her only listed production credits are to do with SC videos.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

CrazyTolradi posted:

Considering she was claiming to be a film producer back then, I'm guessing outright lying about her career isn't something new to Sandi. Her only listed production credits are to do with SC videos.

makes sesne since Sandi is really the one running the show while her husband is just the mush mouth piece

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.
The last thing you'd see if you're on 2 wheels.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

makes sesne since Sandi is really the one running the show while her husband is just the mush mouth piece

That's what i concluded with as well. The wife wears the pants.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

thatguy posted:

Cream cheese frosting is very good. Imagine eating cream cheese frosting off of Ben Lesnick though. Probably less good.

And that's now ruined. :smith:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

EminusSleepus posted:

well that is the base model you need to pay $150 more to get that 20 think spoke wheels variant

Add a couple zeroes then we'll be talking.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Agrajag posted:

Croberts is just a figurehead and a patsy? That works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BigMouthSingers posted:

The last thing you'd see if you're on 2 wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-QLaoOWX-w&t=102s

• Locked thread